00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

zombieplush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

5,202 Views | 37 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This is the Official Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Thread!

All you Halo lovers out there, come talk about it!

Trailer,
Exclusive Waypoint Look,

Personally, I'm jizzing to this. I can't wait.
Release is exactly ten years later, November 15, 2011

Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Zombies! Ahhh! || GT: Rage the Worm

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-06-09 13:52:52

No way they're doing this. 343i should be working on Halo fucking 4 not this, sure I used to play this day in and day out, but let it rest in peace. If it's not broken don't fix it. Although, I won't be able to help myself from buying it. Maybe after a couple months were maybe a used one a Gamestop will be lowered in price.

If you suck me off, thanks.

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-06-09 14:56:22

At 6/9/11 01:52 PM, ThisRage wrote: No way they're doing this. 343i should be working on Halo fucking 4 not this

Erm, they are.

Also, I'll probably get this. Hope its not a full price title, as it is essentially a 10 year old game. The feature where you can press a button and play with the old graphics is pretty cool, and I like how they're incorporating multiplayer this time round. Still, I'll probably get this after Christmas, as in November I'll be getting Skyrim and BF3.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-06-09 16:03:12

At 6/9/11 02:56 PM, LulzCal wrote:
At 6/9/11 01:52 PM, ThisRage wrote: No way they're doing this. 343i should be working on Halo fucking 4 not this
Erm, they are.

Sweet! Just saw the trailer, I got goosebumps :3

If you suck me off, thanks.

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-06-09 16:09:21

At 6/9/11 04:03 PM, ThisRage wrote: Sweet! Just saw the trailer, I got goosebumps :3

Yeah they're both pretty sweet! And damn, 3 releases in 3 years, will be a first for the Halo franchise. But from the video it looks like they're sticking assassinations in, I'm not sure, how I feel about that, and custom armor. I just hope they let you use the original armor right away... and I kinda don't think I want either of those in it.. but i hope they put the ol' infinite nades option in! and I hope they put in more maps including the original 7. like the ones from the PC version and make a couple new ones. but I hope the multiplayer isn't to different.. I want no emblems and only one color customization, which won't happen.

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-06-09 16:34:19

At 6/9/11 04:09 PM, Zeldakrazed7 wrote: But from the video it looks like they're sticking assassinations in

That's because it will use Reach's MM, kind of like ODST did. One disc has the campaign , other has Reach MM with the new maps.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-06-09 19:07:23

At 6/9/11 02:12 PM, Crink wrote: i can't wait to pay rrp for a slightly prettier version of a game i've already played the shit out of.

it's going with my oot preorder nicely

I questioned why anybody would get the Ocarina of Time remake as well, until I heard that there was Master Quest included in the game specifically for people who already experienced the game. Nintendo even said it themselves during the conference. They're not stupid.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-06-09 19:51:16

I'm as psyched as the next guy for Halo CE Anniversary, but it's really disappointing that they didn't rebuild CE's multiplayer.

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-06-09 20:46:01

At 6/9/11 04:34 PM, desert116 wrote:
At 6/9/11 04:09 PM, Zeldakrazed7 wrote: But from the video it looks like they're sticking assassinations in
That's because it will use Reach's MM, kind of like ODST did. One disc has the campaign , other has Reach MM with the new maps.

So the new maps are exactly like a map pack!? But on a disc? Or are they at least gonna change things like no Armor Abilities or DMR and include the God Pistol? Cuz that's hella disappointing.. When I saw this I remember the hours and hours I put in to the multiplayer with my friend, I thought it would be like reliving old times..

Also I heard it'll be $40

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-06-10 07:50:36

At 6/9/11 08:46 PM, Zeldakrazed7 wrote: Also I heard it'll be $40

Well at least it's kinda cheap. All I really wanted was a redone multiplayer, and I would've gladly paid $60 for it too. What a huge ass disappointment.

In fighting games you have to repeat moves to win. In fighting games, doing the same moves over and over is called "spamming." Feel smarter yet?

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-06-10 07:59:56

Woopi fucking do.They are making another shitty first person shooter. Bought halo 2 in 09 and gave it away cause it was shit. Waste of 20$.

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-06-10 08:55:40

I'm sure any new player to the series would think an older one is shit. I think CoD 1-3 are shit, I even think MW2 is shit. I actually like MW1 and BO but never played WaW.

In fighting games you have to repeat moves to win. In fighting games, doing the same moves over and over is called "spamming." Feel smarter yet?

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-06-10 10:49:16

Doesn't matter how HD they remake it. Doesn't matter how pretty the bloom and high contrast looks.

Nothing will ever compare to the beauty that was the original.

>Also, Master Chief's design looks atrocious.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-06-11 22:22:32

I want this, I have been waiting for this for a LONG time. I can't wait till it comes out.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-06-14 13:35:22

At 6/10/11 10:49 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: bloom

They're not adding bloom to the campaign.

Otherwise they're gayer than I thought.

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-07-28 14:31:09

At 6/9/11 05:33 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: I just hope 343 stays true to what made Halo:CE so great. If they can do that, they've got my purchase.

They are. It's the exact same game, with new graphics. Nothing is changed.

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-07-28 14:49:35

I have never played halo CE before so I will be definitely buying this.

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-07-28 17:21:38

I like Halo, but I'm sticking with the PC version of Halo: CE.

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-07-28 19:41:48

At 6/10/11 10:49 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Doesn't matter how HD they remake it. Doesn't matter how pretty the bloom and high contrast looks.

Nothing will ever compare to the beauty that was the original.

>Also, Master Chief's design looks atrocious.

QFT man. But they did put in a feature where you can switch the graphics back to the old style. If I buy this, I'll just be using the old graphics, because that's where the memories are.

It tolls for thee.

Thanks to IncendiaryProduction for the sig!

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-08-23 23:29:37

I'm buying this eventually since I lost my CE copy, and I never had it for Xbox, so no co-op for me. I'm glad they're not changing the game at all since the original was great and they're just upgrading the graphics, which just can't go bad, especially since you have a choice to go back for all the bitchy people.

Also, I'm 100% sure if they changed a few things in the actual gameplay besides some Easter eggs and shit, people would've bitched about them changing and giving the whole "if it ain't broken don't fix it" shit, and now that the game's coming out without any changes besides updated graphics, people are bitching saying "it's the same thing!!". I agree that the price is high for a fucking remake, but whatever, I never buy games on release anyways.

Anyways, it would be nice if they remade some classic FPSs with better graphics only like they are doing with CE, with games like: Deus Ex, Red Faction and such, I'd buy them, eventually...

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-08-24 11:18:44

halo combat evolved was tops. the rest was a downhill slide insto a pile of shit.
have fun with your reach and halo 4, look up ingame and youl see an ass literaly shitting on the game

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-08-24 11:45:24

At 8/23/11 11:29 PM, MiroDK wrote: Also, I'm 100% sure if they changed a few things in the actual gameplay besides some Easter eggs and shit, people would've bitched about them changing and giving the whole "if it ain't broken don't fix it" shit, and now that the game's coming out without any changes besides updated graphics, people are bitching saying "it's the same thing!!".

People will always bitch about stuff no matter what.

-
blablaquotepercentageblabla

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-08-24 12:18:13

Now I know they said they didn't touch gameplay, but I wonder if they did any minor changes like with the AI's and just didn't mention it. Because I think this game might be a bit better and feel like a 360 title if the enemies will actually use cover and if marines can drive and all that stuff.

Either way i'll probably get it if i'm not still distracted by Gears of War 3.

I'm not sure i'm digging the chief's new helmet, though.

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-10-27 13:08:48

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-10-27 18:56:59

Preordered the shit out of it.

Just because I can. SUCK ON THAT.

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-10-27 20:16:43

I'm not a fan of remakes for any price, really it's all nostalgia wank to me,

also here's the way I see halo time/quality correlation
Halo 2 was better than halo ce, and halo reach was the best

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-10-29 14:05:48

i'm counting down. can't wait to jump back into blood gulch with the miracle pistol.

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-10-29 14:11:47

At 7/28/11 02:46 PM, Travis wrote:
At 7/28/11 02:31 PM, HeavyMetalGuy wrote:
At 6/9/11 05:33 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: I just hope 343 stays true to what made Halo:CE so great. If they can do that, they've got my purchase.
They are. It's the exact same game, with new graphics. Nothing is changed.
Then give us the game for free...

I don't agree with buying this for 40 dollars. Seems kinda BS to me.

Thats bullshit considering its the anniversary edition ohf the orignal halo I'm sure there will be some changes, maybe even a demo of Halo 4. Capcom fans who love halo shouldnt have a problem since their wallets constantly getting anal by super hyper mega edition x 32 STREET FIGHTER game.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-10-29 14:39:50

At 10/29/11 02:38 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 8/24/11 11:18 AM, McGangbang wrote: halo combat evolved was tops. the rest was a downhill slide into a pile of shit.
This game would like to have a word with you.

And halo 2- reach. I know its YOUR opinion but, seriously what made halo shit?

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Off Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary 2011-10-29 20:59:07

At 10/29/11 02:39 PM, roderickii wrote: ... seriously what made halo shit?

The Bungie community is made up of little kids who voice their strange opinions.

BBS Signature