I'm ALL in!

Re2deemer
Re2deemer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Jul. 18th, 2011 @ 01:01 PM Reply

HELLO. I come, bearing a replacement for my skully!

a.k.a please remove my skull sketch from the first page and add the following series of 4.

High quality

Age/sex: 18, male
Fun fact: Skulls - a good way to instantly make your life drawings 100% creepier.

Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab:

BBS Signature
Re2deemer
Re2deemer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Jul. 18th, 2011 @ 01:03 PM Reply

High quality

Fun fact: In your bedroom, watching you sleep. And judging. Silently.

BBS Signature
Re2deemer
Re2deemer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Jul. 18th, 2011 @ 01:05 PM Reply

High quality

Fun fact: It's frustrating that after two months I still have NO idea whose skull that is....

BBS Signature
Re2deemer
Re2deemer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Jul. 18th, 2011 @ 01:13 PM Reply

High quality

Fun fact: I was so frustrated with the animal carcass because I couldn't find any reference images. Today I found a deer carcass, just sitting at the edge of the road. FML.

Also, full version with all 4 for your viewing enjoyment

BBS Signature
PinkRose11
PinkRose11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Jul. 18th, 2011 @ 01:55 PM Reply

Hello! Hope you like.
Age/sex: 15, Female
Fun fact: This was going to be an indian type thing with the feathers, but then I saw my lucky cat on my desk. One thing led to another, and BAM. Cuteness. :3

High Q Here: PNG

JKAmovies
JKAmovies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 04:06 AM Reply

At 7/18/11 01:13 PM, Re2deemer wrote: Also, full version with all 4 for your viewing enjoyment

I really like what you've done here. Incorporated a story into 4 different submissions... Nice idea and the sketches are awesome!

At 7/18/11 01:55 PM, PinkRose11 wrote: Fun fact: This was going to be an indian type thing with the feathers, but then I saw my lucky cat on my desk. One thing led to another, and BAM. Cuteness. :3

The drawing is quite nice, although, there isn't much really going on. I recommended maybe adding some more to it and also lower the overall image's opacity down by maybe 10% so it looks more like it's on the paper other than placed on-top.

NDC: 2011 ~ Twitter ~ Artwork ~ ©JKA

BBS Signature
PinkRose11
PinkRose11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 01:14 PM Reply

The drawing is quite nice, although, there isn't much really going on. I recommended maybe adding some more to it and also lower the overall image's opacity down by maybe 10% so it looks more like it's on the paper other than placed on-top.

ok, is this any better? I hope it doesnt look too busy.

PinkRose11
PinkRose11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 02:33 PM Reply

OH. Made this today, let me know if its to simple. PNG

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 02:48 PM Reply

probably gonna join the fun :)
got some projects I'm working on though, so It'll be a while.

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Art Lover
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 07:04 PM Reply

Another one:

Age, Gender: 26, male
Fun Fact: If you suffered from epistemophobia, would you want to know?

PNG

BBS Signature
JKAmovies
JKAmovies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Jul. 21st, 2011 @ 02:57 AM Reply

At 7/19/11 01:14 PM, PinkRose11 wrote: ok, is this any better? I hope it doesnt look too busy.

It does look a little busy, but I like it better than your previous one.

At 7/19/11 02:33 PM, PinkRose11 wrote: OH. Made this today, let me know if its to simple. PNG

Not too sure about this one... Is a little simplistic.

At 7/19/11 07:04 PM, Luwano wrote: Another one:

Ooh! Now this is interesting. I really like what you've done here :)

At 7/20/11 04:01 PM, bilalz wrote: Fact -maths is awesome

I like this ink theme that's some how erupted throughout the collab, although, I feel you could add a little more in the background. But that's probably me just being picky.

BBS Signature
xXLunchBoxXx
xXLunchBoxXx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Jul. 21st, 2011 @ 06:47 PM Reply

Oklahoma (sadly, still)
18 M
Now we're thinking with portals.

here is the .png

let me know if there is anything I can, or need, to do to it.

JKAmovies
JKAmovies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Jul. 23rd, 2011 @ 08:59 AM Reply

At 7/21/11 06:47 PM, xXLunchBoxXx wrote: let me know if there is anything I can, or need, to do to it.

I'm not too sure about this. It looks as if it is traced or you have manipulated an image onto the background...

At 7/22/11 09:07 AM, bilalz wrote: edit?

This is not as good as your first. The quality is a little poor, sorry...

BBS Signature
xXLunchBoxXx
xXLunchBoxXx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Jul. 27th, 2011 @ 07:17 AM Reply

At 7/23/11 08:59 AM, JKAmovies wrote:
At 7/21/11 06:47 PM, xXLunchBoxXx wrote: let me know if there is anything I can, or need, to do to it.
I'm not too sure about this. It looks as if it is traced or you have manipulated an image onto the background...

Yeah, sorry about that picture. I got lazy and just went with a paint by numbers style on it, instead of trying to make something original. Go ahead and disregard that.

I have a wip here, it's just getting to late to keep working on it.
As always would appreciate any tips on anything in particular that needs to be done to it. (aside from the weird anatomy of the arm.)

Swizletek
Swizletek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 05:04 PM Reply

WIP

It should be nearly done, but I'm still not entirely happy with it.

Artist-Lost
Artist-Lost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 01:24 PM Reply

Time for me to dust off my computer and do up some awesome for this.

BBS Signature
JKAmovies
JKAmovies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 10:50 PM Reply

At 8/3/11 01:24 PM, Artist-Lost wrote: Time for me to dust off my computer and do up some awesome for this.

Ahaha! Awesome man, can't wait to see what you can do :)

BBS Signature
MEGAMAN7659
MEGAMAN7659
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Animator
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 01:34 AM Reply

- Located-Covina California
- Age 16 Male
- Just me sketchin' & airbrushin' a fox I saw the other day with a couple other random doodles.

And Here's the more vibrant .png version: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/11f8 08eb56721926a42211f7e6e6bae5

Artist-Lost
Artist-Lost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 11:15 PM Reply

Whipped one up for some good handskill warmup. I might color it if I get 2 more done and an animation.

BBS Signature
Artist-Lost
Artist-Lost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 11:20 PM Reply

At 8/5/11 11:15 PM, Artist-Lost wrote: Whipped one up for some good handskill warmup. I might color it if I get 2 more done and an animation.

Picture info

Name: Jason Notter
Fun Fact: My Original Characters from Shadow Legacy: Chronicles of a Dead Rebel

BBS Signature
JKAmovies
JKAmovies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 01:12 AM Reply

At 8/5/11 11:15 PM, Artist-Lost wrote: Whipped one up for some good handskill warmup. I might color it if I get 2 more done and an animation.

Oh wow... This is just insane. Your art skills never seizes to surprise me man ;)

BBS Signature
MEGAMAN7659
MEGAMAN7659
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Animator
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 02:38 AM Reply

Did a little editing to see if i could make it better.

Located - Covina California
- Age 16 Male
Fun Fact - Just me sketchin' & airbrushin' a fox I saw the other day with a couple other random doodles.

high quality: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/8b67 c6c823acc0642989a2a9a163cd85

:3

JKAmovies
JKAmovies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 05:55 AM Reply

At 8/6/11 02:38 AM, MEGAMAN7659 wrote: Did a little editing to see if i could make it better.

Sorry MEGAMAN7659 but this submission seems a little rushed around the background. Will have to decline, sorry.

BBS Signature
Artist-Lost
Artist-Lost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 11:38 AM Reply

MMm critique time

Ok im going to do this for all the posts on page 4
Starting with:

JackDGreatest-
I first want to say that I really enjoy the Ninja Fight lettering, The texture, linework and coloring blend very well. I would bring some more of the texture from Ninja into the Fight, or possile change the color of fight to yellow to give it equal weight with Ninja
As for the characters, Normally I would say that you need to work on anatomy a bit but since this is a notepad you would expect to see more doodle stylized characters like what you have. I would however recomend that you give them more detail as they seem really plain compared to the Ninja fight over top. Also Sub Zero's blue is really hard to see against the black, maybe lighten it up a bit to look more icey blue like his costume in the games.

Re2Deemer-
Great work on the sketchy style and detail for all the pictures you ahve made, the lettering also goes well with your stylization and gives the character a disturbed feeling. I dont find any flaw in the level of detail, but I would recomend going back through with white and sketching out the highlights, that will make the images "pop" more and give the viewer a sense of depth that will keep them looking for longer periods. This technique also works really well traditionally on brown paper.
The only other improvement I can see is that the final picture doesnt have as much detail going on, I would recomend adding more trees like the to give it that foresty feel you captured so well in the first one.

PinkRose11-
I actually prefered the color depth of your first submission of the cat, but I do agree with JKA on the need to have it feel like it was done on the paper, See if you can bring that color back some by painting over just the darker areas, or maybe even doing a hardlight layer over it with about %50 opacity. I also like the introduction of the words, but I think if you did either a stamp or a hand font it would feel more notepady
For the owl, you stepped up the detail in this one and blended the lines really well, but the image seems pretty simple still like JKA was saying, I would try adding a hint of a background, maybe a tree or more words like the last one since the owl seems really alone.

Bilalz
For the mask first, Im definately liking the bold ink work, but when you put in all the skribbled notes you lost me, Try making more bold shapes or maybe just increase the size of the face.
As for your second entry, you really lost that charm of the bold inkwork, While the image did improve with your edit on the sketchy part even without adding the boldness, The part were the knife comes through clashes so much, try using a lighter color on the edges of the rip to make it seem less like an inkspill and more like an actuall rip with depth. Also the knife poking though needs to be either more reall or more inky to feel incoperated. Right now it is just a blurry thing that is hard to see., Try having the knife cast a shadow.

xXLunchBoxXx
I know what you mean by Oklahoma (sadly), Im currently stationed at Tinker AFB near OKC.
As for your work, I agree with JKA the first one does seem traced and doesnt really mesh with the background. You could try making it feel like a sticker if you really want it to work, otherwise try to make it seem more sketchlike and give it some background
For Reptile, I know its just a draft and the white is gonna be erased. I like the depth your making on the face under the maks, make sure the whole character gets that, also good work on the hand, the details are well done. I would maybe make the acide give off a little bit of light and create highlights instead of casting a shadow, but thats just a style choice since acid doesnt usually glow. Im looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Swizletek-
Im loving the style of this, expecially the tiny cross hatching. While symplistic images can work tho, I think this could benefit from a little more detail since it seems to be top heavy try bringing the image down a little on the page, and maybe instead of a blurry glow, use that great cross hatching to bring the glow in.

Megaman7659
You did a good job sketching out the profile of the fox and even the little oragami was a nice touch. What really lost me was the coloring, it does seem rushed like JKA said, its really blotchy and doesnt flow. Try solidifying the color a little and then work in the fur texture with that sketchy linework of yours. Also the doodles in the background, particularly the color ones clash too much and draw attention away from the good parts of the drawing.
Usually when people edit their work, the image gets better, but it looks like you got upset and just slapped some junk on real quick before re-posting causing the quality to actually go down. As for the B+, I figure you go the idea from my post, and I do like putting grades on mine to give the image more of a homework feel, but if you notice, I made the grade in mine look like a stamp, and in previous images I made it look hand written with a red marker, but what you have is a solid brush on that looks more like a piece of plastic cutout. I dont mind you borrowing the idea, but when you do it low quality like that it looks like you just want to take the easy route rather then put some time. Keep in mind, my work takes me well over 6 hours at minimum, some times I take 40 hours on a well crafted painting.
Also, im unclear as to what the 3 new black marks on the side of the fox's nose are? At first glace I thought they were 3 more noses...

BBS Signature
Swizletek
Swizletek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 08:31 PM Reply

I'm pretty happy with it although it still feels just slightly incomplete

At 8/6/11 11:38 AM, Artist-Lost wrote: Swizletek-
..."and maybe instead of a blurry glow, use that great cross hatching to bring the glow in."

I'm a bit unclear on what you mean by this bit, but thanks for the other critique :3

anyways.
Fun Fact: If I was to ask for your number, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?

MEGAMAN7659
MEGAMAN7659
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Animator
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 04:47 AM Reply

At 8/6/11 05:55 AM, JKAmovies wrote:
At 8/6/11 02:38 AM, MEGAMAN7659 wrote: Did a little editing to see if i could make it better.
Sorry MEGAMAN7659 but this submission seems a little rushed around the background. Will have to decline, sorry.

it does? dammit *goes to work some more*

MEGAMAN7659
MEGAMAN7659
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Animator
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 04:57 AM Reply

in response to Artist-Lost,

thank you for this critique, other people kept telling me it was good enough. obviously they lied xD
and the 3 black things are just markings.
now with this in mind I'm going back to work on it.
Thank you again for the critique

MEGAMAN7659
MEGAMAN7659
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Animator
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 07:50 PM Reply

spent an all-nighter and took out all the cluttered crap, leaving only what I REALLY wanted to be there, worked on the fox's coloring and shading so it looked cleaner, gave the little origami a bit of a glow and made a fur texture.
But it feels like something's missing...
anyway, I'm gonna keep playing with it see if i can get anything better.

location - Covina California
age 16 male
fun fact - sketching foxes is fun :3

high quality - http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/cc6c fef5b90ee61b66b203ac36fbee22

Artist-Lost
Artist-Lost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Ndc: 2011 - Art Collab: Aug. 8th, 2011 @ 05:59 PM Reply

My 2nd entry. Again, color depends on if I can get 1 more done and an animation.

As for critiques, once this page fills up I will do one for everyone on the page so keep working and posting everyone. Let me see some Awesome!

BBS Signature