Be a Supporter!

When someone doesn't show up

  • 562 Views
  • 23 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Yrtnej
Yrtnej
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 15:01:15 Reply

what do you do?

I'm pretty sure this has happened to all of us. For some reason, somebody doesn't show up to a place or an event that they said they would. This thread is about what you do in that situation.

Do you get angry at them? Do you blow up at them the next time you meet? Or do you stay clam, ask if they had a good reason for ditching, and then decide how you feel?

Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 15:03:13 Reply

I get a little irritated. I DON'T GO BAT SHIT CRAZY ,THOUGH.

I then ask why they couldn't make it.


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Asandir
Asandir
  • Member since: Dec. 23, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 37
Gamer
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 15:03:41 Reply

At 6/5/11 03:01 PM, Yrtnej wrote: Or do you stay clam, ask if they had a good reason for ditching, and then decide how you feel?

Pretty much this, yes. I am always pretty punctual, but I firstly ask for the reason, before I start to complain, and aslong as it doesn´t happen regularly, I can easily forgive it.


Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal and Icon moderator

BBS Signature
Rouker
Rouker
  • Member since: May. 21, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 15:09:26 Reply

i punch them in the face


Click mah sig.

BBS Signature
Heinrich
Heinrich
  • Member since: May. 21, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 48
Movie Buff
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 15:14:46 Reply

Pffft, my ex-girlfriend was very bad in this situation. If she failed to show up or was an hour late, I would get irritated and she would be like, "Oops, my bad! lol!" Whereas if I was 10 minutes late, she would get pissy, go home and sulk and then her mother would call me to sort things out for her.


BBS Signature
Yrtnej
Yrtnej
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 15:14:48 Reply

At 6/5/11 03:09 PM, Rouker wrote: i punch them in the face

I like this guy's style.

BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Member since: Sep. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 15:18:39 Reply

Sure, I'll get angry because there's really no reason for no explanations or tardiness. You should leave early, but if you're running late, a simple call or text, which doesn't take more than 5 minutes, can surely do the trick.

It's not rocket science people.


New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me
"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature
Acronze
Acronze
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 15:44:15 Reply

It depends on the type of meeting.

If there's a big group of people and one of them who said they were coming, doesn't, it wouldn't bother me because there's plenty of other people to socialize with.

If, on the other hand, I was supposed to meet one person at a restaurant, especially a place where you need a reservation, then I'd be extremely pissed if they didn't show up.


Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
DMowMow
DMowMow
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 15:45:59 Reply

I'd be pissed at first, then I'd get paranoid and think they died. Then I would realize I showed up on the wrong day.

Yrtnej
Yrtnej
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 16:22:16 Reply

At 6/5/11 03:45 PM, DMowMow wrote: I'd be pissed at first,

Hm, sounds reasonable enough.

then I'd get paranoid and think they died.

What the fuck?

Then I would realize I showed up on the wrong day.

Well I'll be damned.

There was nothing really special about that post, except for the fact it was so nonsensical that it begot me to write a reply to it displaying my roller-coaster of reactions.

Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 16:24:57 Reply

I remember it like it was yesterday...

Lagatag
Lagatag
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 16:25:52 Reply

I act cool, but I secretly hold it against them.


bro at me come

BBS Signature
Asandir
Asandir
  • Member since: Dec. 23, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 37
Gamer
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 16:28:52 Reply

At 6/5/11 04:24 PM, Suprememessage wrote: I remember it like it was yesterday...

That was just scary, the young version of him is pretty creepy.


Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal and Icon moderator

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 16:31:48 Reply

Be pretty pissed, then calmly ask why they didn't show up, and why they didn't tell me they weren't coming.


MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Lorkas
Lorkas
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 16:34:55 Reply

I feel violated, raped, and betrayed!


My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 16:35:06 Reply

as a general rule, yes i would be pissed at them, but what was ur situation exactly


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 16:40:05 Reply

I ask them why they didn't show up. If they had no reason, I get pissed at them.


Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 16:43:15 Reply

I say fuck them if the do it more than once and never hang out with them again. I had a girl do that and I just stopped talking to her and for some reason she got all sad. If she doesn't respect me enough to call and tell me she won't make it why should I care about her feelings at all?


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Piggler
Piggler
  • Member since: May. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Artist
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 16:47:01 Reply

I become depressed and go have a cigarette because I think they don't like me.


BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 17:17:51 Reply

Ha, this is why I don't hang out with people. Never had this problem!


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 17:50:59 Reply

If it were not important, I'd blow up for maybe 20 seconds and then be like, "whatevs."

If it were important, I'd let someone else blow up at them.


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Alchemist94
Alchemist94
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 17:51:46 Reply

Usually call them. If they don't answer or say they aren't coming for no good reason they can fuck themselves and die.

Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 17:52:50 Reply

A true gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved.


BBS Signature
Syztm
Syztm
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to When someone doesn't show up 2011-06-05 18:00:35 Reply

At 6/5/11 03:01 PM, Yrtnej wrote: Or do you stay clam

What do mussels have to do with the topic? lololololol

In all seriousness though, I'd probably ask why they didn't show up, but show that I'm irritated. :)


New tune: Yag