Respond to this Topic
Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 04:39 AM Reply

Great game, guys! I really liked the intro.

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 07:46 AM Reply

I'm on BT broadband in the UK and I find that for about 1 minute the flash just stays on a white screen. Sometimes it does load, sometimes I have to refresh the page a few times. I'm on Flash Player 10.3

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 08:07 AM Reply

I did notice my Dad's computer which is usually very fast at loading flash wasn't loading them at all, I'll ask my dad to give them a call later.

tamila
tamila
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 08:39 AM Reply

he hehe LOL

trishan007
trishan007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 08:41 AM Reply

At 6/2/11 06:02 PM, Otto wrote: Oh man, BT are the worst company in the world to call. My family's had some real trauma with them.

BuMP !!
yea they R THE WORST !!!!

theLabouriousROB
theLabouriousROB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 09:55 AM Reply

anyone had any success with BT. Im on hold now and they are blaming Newgrounds.

Im talking to the more techy people now. Anyone spoken to BT and got it resolved?

theLabouriousROB
theLabouriousROB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 10:30 AM Reply

Not being very techy I didnt understand most of it. But it included ping packet loss and a slow hop/dropping at a hop.(?)

They finally admitted it was a broadband problem, not my hardware and have reported it to the engineers. They said the problem could resolve itself, but the engineers will fix it. But he had no idea how long that could take, he mentioned up to six weeks(!)

Unless anyone else had any success, I'll be waiting for the engineers! Pain in the arse.

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 11:45 AM Reply

At 6/3/11 10:30 AM, theLabouriousROB wrote: Not being very techy I didnt understand most of it. But it included ping packet loss and a slow hop/dropping at a hop.(?)

That is why I asked users to send me a tracert to uploads.ungrounded.net here: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1250 494

(I explained the reasons for asking for that stuff in that thread.)

Sentio sent me a message with those details and I could see nothing wrong with the results, nor could Tim (our sys admin).

As I suspected, it seems that they're making you jump from pillar to post and making you think it's a problem with the site rather than being an issue with their service, when we have already established that it is not. That is why I said "be persistent" in that thread. Insist that it is their problem.

theLabouriousROB
theLabouriousROB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 11:56 AM Reply

I was persistent. They said it was their problem in the end and have got the engineers onto it. How long that will take I dont know.

I appreciate your help, I'm just saying what they told me. But it did end with them saying it was a BT problem, not Newgrounds. I got there in the end.

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:07 PM Reply

At 6/3/11 11:56 AM, theLabouriousROB wrote: I was persistent.

Good work. :)

FireWOLF109
FireWOLF109
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:57 PM Reply

At 6/3/11 11:45 AM, liljim wrote: As I suspected, it seems that they're making you jump from pillar to post and making you think it's a problem with the site rather than being an issue with their service, when we have already established that it is not. That is why I said "be persistent" in that thread. Insist that it is their problem.

Great, another service trying to make themself look perfect by putting the blame on an "innocent" site, but I guess that's how they expect to appeal to those who aren't currently using their service so that they can "satisfy their greed".

BBS Signature
theLabouriousROB
theLabouriousROB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 01:17 PM Reply

At 6/3/11 12:57 PM, FireWOLF109 wrote:
At 6/3/11 11:45 AM, liljim wrote: As I suspected, it seems that they're making you jump from pillar to post and making you think it's a problem with the site rather than being an issue with their service, when we have already established that it is not. That is why I said "be persistent" in that thread. Insist that it is their problem.
Great, another service trying to make themself look perfect by putting the blame on an "innocent" site, but I guess that's how they expect to appeal to those who aren't currently using their service so that they can "satisfy their greed".

I didnt even mention the special £9 a month tech service they wanted to sign me up to, cheeky sods.

Anyway, I dont want to jinx it but ITS WORKING AGAIN!

I restarted the router just now and its back to normal. I retarted it before and it didnt change anything so I guess it was fixed because of/ or near the time of my phonecall.

So If you are having problems, it should hopefully be fixed by unplugging, then pluggin your router. If that doesnt work you'll have to each give BT a ring, which I wouldnt wish on anyone!

Cheers for everyones help.

FireWOLF109
FireWOLF109
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 01:29 PM Reply

At 6/3/11 01:17 PM, theLabouriousROB wrote:
At 6/3/11 12:57 PM, FireWOLF109 wrote:
I didnt even mention the special £9 a month tech service they wanted to sign me up to, cheeky sods.

You didn't have to mention that, this is an easy marketing tactic to identify if you are aware of what's going on. Basicly, they pretty much try to fool people into thinking that they are perfect.

BBS Signature
Vorlek
Vorlek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Audiophile
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 02:07 PM Reply

Phew, im glad i dont have BT.
Also, your fake advert for that game didnt foool me :D it wasnt on the list of games for that particular console >:)

ToastedToastyToast
ToastedToastyToast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 07:07 PM Reply

You should get all newgrounds BT users to sign a partition saying that if BT doesnt solve the problem then we are going to change our internet supplier to one of BT's rival companies. Im a British BT broadband user and I have noticed it myself and it sucks. I may give them a call if it isnt resolved soon.

If in doubt then set it on fire because fire is A if not THE answer and solution to absolutely everything.
-- Corey Griffin 2008
</thread></head></body></html>

Aprime
Aprime
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Game Developer
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 08:45 PM Reply

HAahahaa that's fucking epic
I love it when Americans call UK companies.. I don't know why

I bet you got through to some guys in India too :P

LOVE YOU TOM!

Fan me up | Twitter l My Website l YouTube (Please Subscribe)

BBS Signature
Idocreating
Idocreating
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 10:35 PM Reply

Oh how i wish Marcus Brigstock was on Newgrounds. He has a colourful history with the company and is damn funny when he rants about them.

Hysteria980
Hysteria980
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 4th, 2011 @ 06:37 PM Reply

So that's why Madness 10 took x10 the loading time than it did on Krinkels' own site....

BBS Signature
jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 5th, 2011 @ 04:15 AM Reply

At 6/3/11 07:07 PM, ToastedToastyToast wrote: You should get all newgrounds BT users to sign a partition saying that if BT doesnt solve the problem then we are going to change our internet supplier to one of BT's rival companies. Im a British BT broadband user and I have noticed it myself and it sucks. I may give them a call if it isnt resolved soon.

1 - you're looking for a petition, not a partition. One is a list of names that gets thrown in the bin, the other is what you split a hard drive into

2 - nobody gives a shit about petitions. if they're fobbing you off and saying it's NG's fault, tell them it isn't, if they still dick you around, just ask to be transferred to their cancellation department, who will listen

3 - iPhone autocorrecting shit to shut is a pain in the arse.

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 5th, 2011 @ 05:14 AM Reply

BT are always useless sadly, however loading videos on here isn't something I personally have had a problem with.

Lately BT Infinity (their new equally shit product) basicly has 2 boxes a white and black one, the white one I had to get replaced as it broke and refused to let the internet work for more than 30 seconds strait without dcing (making world of warcraft and youtube likely newgrounds flash impossible also). The engineer I had out said there's been thousands of these broken white boxes that dont work correctly that need to be replaced.

If anyone has a problem with loading things with BT and you have Infinity this is likely your problem, I was lucky and only had to have the white box replaced once, some people had to have it done 3 times...

Well that's BT for you, quantity over quality doesn't quite cut it their quality doesn't seem to exist on their products to begin with.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
straberrykiler6789
straberrykiler6789
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to British Telecom and June Game Jam Jun. 5th, 2011 @ 12:17 PM Reply

I hot link to the swf and use a proxy to by pass the problem
I already talked about this problem here

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1250 567

straberrykiler6789