00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Original character in development

5,156 Views | 79 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Original character in development 2011-06-01 03:04:36

Although still in development this is a concept I had in my head for a while.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THE PROFILE BELOW but it will give you an idea of what i'm trying to do.

Temporary name: Jamal Harris (I suck at names)
Alias: Red streak

personality: pretentious, aggressive,witty, reserved.

current age:17

the symbol on his face is a partial japanese word that means rage.

Also notice the siamese twin dragon on back of martial arts outfit this gives insight into his character before and after he go corrupted by the parasitic rage (lower left corner)

Natural abilities: Burmese boxing, American Kenpo, Jeet Kun Do, Aikido (meditation that clears the mind and heals the body...to bad he hates practicing it.)

supernatural abilities: super speed, strength and senses. Gets stronger the longer he fights, (considering having some sort of projectile shoot fom his hands and feet.)

weaknesses: Gradually succumbs to the parasites will while in p rage mode. Also he knows no friend or foe when in this mode.

Let me know what you think, I'm sure i have plenty to improve on.

This character belongs to
meand me

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 03:21:16

the proportions and coloring are brutily terrible.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 03:25:57

At 6/1/11 03:21 AM, DemocracyFTW wrote: the proportions and coloring are brutily terrible.

there stylized like that on prupose moron...btw thanks for your useless input.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 03:28:37

the color didn't come out right on the real work looks alot better. Maybe i shouldn't have digitally enhanced it.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 03:49:54

At 6/1/11 03:25 AM, roderickii wrote: there stylized like that on prupose moron...btw thanks for your useless input.

I see you're quite an egotistical bastard aren't you? People like you always seem to get on my nerves. Haven't you ever considered ever listening to other people? Democracy's input is anything but useless, he's telling you your proportions need more work. Which actually counts as criticism which helps you improve. I assure you, no one will praise you here until you earn it.

I'd say my honest opinion regarding your drawing. It's very grossly inaccurate in terms of anatomy. That neck sure is hella long. (dickneck??) The muscles in the arms are very strange. It really needs a lot of work. The facial expressions are just generic. And the coloring, (Oh the coloring...) is quite dreadful. Try to work with different coloring materials besides these, like color pencils or something.

And lastly, your "stylized" crap will look like garbage no matter how "stylized" it is. Now quit making excuses and accept criticism.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 04:00:33

I think it's perfect bro, keep drawing exactly like that. Great style!

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 04:10:20

At 6/1/11 03:25 AM, roderickii wrote:
At 6/1/11 03:21 AM, DemocracyFTW wrote: the proportions and coloring are brutily terrible.

Blech.

Do you realise that you sound like a stereotype of every arrogant shitty artist out there?

So what you're saying is that you purposely designed your character to be a stubby legged giraffe? Don't be such an idiot. Even if that was your intention, it looks ridiculous. You asked for opinions, don't get angry when you get them.

The character itself looks boring and generic, and the colour scheme is quite ugly. Your description of him is no better. He just sounds like any anime stereotype.

Why are the supposed 'siamese' dragons joined only at the neck, facing towards each other? That symbolises to me awkwardness rather than anything else. And the symbol on his face looks nothing like Japanese, let alone the Japanese word for 'rage'.

Also 'Red Streak'? He's nicknamed after, uh... Period blood?

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 04:26:14

At 6/1/11 04:10 AM, Aigis wrote: So what you're saying is that you purposely designed your character to be a stubby legged giraffe?

You know, I just got this Awesome idea for a manga/anime/movie.... see it'll be Dragonball Z, word for word, but with these badly drawn deformed midgets with these badly themed disgusting bodily fluids for nicknames.

we can get Fifty to draw it too!

Surely it'll be a hit, I mean this guy could be leading the next trend! Right?
Right?

Right?

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 06:51:19

At 6/1/11 03:04 AM, roderickii wrote: Although still in development this is a concept I had in my head for a while.

personality: pretentious, aggressive,witty, reserved.

How can he be aggressive and reserved lol

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 06:56:39

Since Im learning anatomy and all I think I say.... the porpotions SUCK now.. so Im going to give u a little secert in front of everyone the right arm looks crushed cause I tryed the posees of the people and it felt stiff like hell. and besides, the character looks like another ""noob" drawiing with wrong porportions........ fix it ...learn anatomy... BE A CHUCK NORRIS DRAWER
(nevermind what I said about chuck)

the lord of our savior. el christio

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 07:08:20

At 6/1/11 04:26 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:

the symbol on his face is a partial english word that means "homosexual".

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 08:25:19

At 6/1/11 07:08 AM, Fifty-50 wrote:

This is good but I am worried that it does not capture the essence of Jamal's personality depth.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 08:43:57

Omg. Internet never fails to make me laugh.

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 12:20:42

as for my reply to democracy's reply it was 3:30 in the morning and also he didn't really give any useful feedback he just gave halfassed criticism and off he went. It was probably cause it was late but hey both of us were acting like jackasses in my opinion.

Yes to all who replied afterwards i was jackass, blah,blah, but whatever thats the past. AND NO I'M NOT looking for praise cause if I was i wouldn't give a shit about your opinions now would I? Also I'm still seeing useless feedback and FAILED attempts at humor. I know I haven't started off on the right foot but please I honestly want more useful criticism.

We cool...for now anyway?

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 12:22:55

At 6/1/11 08:25 AM, Aigis wrote:
This is good but I am worried that it does not capture the essence of Jamal's personality depth.

Let me get this straight you wasted your artistic abilities just to bash me? I'm flattered.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 12:34:14

At 6/1/11 12:20 PM, roderickii wrote: as for my reply to democracy's reply it was 3:30 in the morning and also he didn't really give any useful feedback he just gave halfassed criticism and off he went. It was probably cause it was late but hey both of us were acting like jackasses in my opinion.

Yes to all who replied afterwards i was jackass, blah,blah, but whatever thats the past. AND NO I'M NOT looking for praise cause if I was i wouldn't give a shit about your opinions now would I? Also I'm still seeing useless feedback and FAILED attempts at humor. I know I haven't started off on the right foot but please I honestly want more useful criticism.

We cool...for now anyway?

Great to see you aren't as much of an ass as you came off to be.

As for the character, there isn't much I can say that hasn't been said. Although your character's personality seems to me to be pretty similar to Shadow the hedgehog, along with the character's color scheme. So basically, make it less generic. We've seen these quiet badass who never feel emotion besides anger style characters time and time again.

Although it's great you're doing something besides fan art.

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 12:34:36

Wait, so he was born with master of several martial arts?
That poor doctor that birthed him never saw it coming.

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 12:41:08

At 6/1/11 04:10 AM, Aigis wrote:
At 6/1/11 03:25 AM, roderickii wrote:
Blech.

Do you realise that you sound like a stereotype of every arrogant shitty artist out there?

yep.

So what you're saying is that you purposely designed your character to be a stubby legged giraffe? Don't be such an idiot. Even if that was your intention, it looks ridiculous. You asked for opinions, don't get angry when you get them.

No. okay I won't. kinda. I won't as long as they're not useless.

The character itself looks boring and generic, and the colour scheme is quite ugly. Your description of him is no better. He just sounds like any anime stereotype.

what if i posted his backstory? true but antiheros favor red black and dark colors. Western exist to I'm not going for an anime feel martial arts is a western thing to ya know.

Why are the supposed 'siamese' dragons joined only at the neck, facing towards each other? That symbolises to me awkwardness rather than anything else. And the symbol on his face looks nothing like Japanese, let alone the Japanese word for 'rage'.

the siamese dragons represents how he (negatively) effects the people around him when he's involved whether it be fighting or less dramatic scenarios socializing, teamwork etc .

Also 'Red Streak'? He's nicknamed after, uh... Period blood?

Actually his nickname was decided from a shady military agency but thats another concept drawing for another time.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 12:44:48

um

I can see that you struggle in making original characters mainly by seeing sonic/shadow fan art on you page, that really says alot. If i were you i would just practice at drawing and coming up with better ideas. Also you said when he goes in his symbiote form he has no friends of foes....so what do he do?

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 12:50:12

At 6/1/11 12:34 PM, M-Vero wrote: Wait, so he was born with master of several martial arts?
That poor doctor that birthed him never saw it coming.

Damn it, I knew I should've posted his back story. I just didn't expect people to care this much.

No he was taught martial arts by his father who discovered he had potential to learn it after viewing a recorded fight with a bully at school. Since then Jamal's father has trained him to learn martial arts fom age 8-17 Jamal has acquired mastery of martial arts.

(there's more but I'm just gonna answer the question)

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 12:57:21

At 6/1/11 12:44 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: um

I can see that you struggle in making original characters mainly by seeing sonic/shadow fan art on you page, that really says alot. If i were you i would just practice at drawing and coming up with better ideas. Also you said when he goes in his symbiote form he has no friends of foes....so what do he do?

HE KNOWS no friend or foe. (in other words his mind is contorlled by the parasite at this point.)

his color scheme/ personality wasn't purposely a shadow influence it's just many anti heroes have this nature but usually they end up learning something the hard way. My character will be learning humility.

My general ideas are staying (story based on anti hero, abilities) but the execution will be different by the time I'm done.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 13:21:34

At 6/1/11 03:49 AM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 6/1/11 03:25 AM, roderickii wrote: there stylized like that on prupose moron...btw thanks for your useless input.
I'd say my honest opinion regarding your drawing. It's very grossly inaccurate in terms of anatomy. That neck sure is hella long. (dickneck??) The muscles in the arms are very strange. It really needs a lot of work. The facial expressions are just generic. And the coloring, (Oh the coloring...) is quite dreadful. Try to work with different coloring materials besides these, like color pencils or something.

True i was looking at a how to draw teen from an action cartoon book. BTW I am working with colored pencils, markers and ink liners.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 13:30:37

At 6/1/11 01:21 PM, roderickii wrote: True i was looking at a how to draw teen from an action cartoon book. BTW I am working with colored pencils, markers and ink liners.

Why would you be using ALL of those on one piece?

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 13:34:01

I'm so glad you Both climbed on board this project. If all goes well, we'll all be filthy rich by the end of the week.

I'll contribute to this for once

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 14:00:36

At 6/1/11 01:30 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote:
At 6/1/11 01:21 PM, roderickii wrote: True i was looking at a how to draw teen from an action cartoon book. BTW I am working with colored pencils, markers and ink liners.
Why would you be using ALL of those on one piece?

Cause I think it looks better if marker is overlapping colored pencil.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 14:01:06

Make him quote rappers like 2Pac or Biggie.

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 14:01:58

At 6/1/11 01:34 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
I'm so glad you Both climbed on board this project. If all goes well, we'll all be filthy rich by the end of the week.

Stop posting useless comments.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 14:03:15

At 6/1/11 02:01 PM, Sawdust wrote: Make him quote rappers like 2Pac or Biggie.

No he's not a stereotypical black guy he's a stereotypical troubled teen.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 14:05:50

At 6/1/11 02:01 PM, roderickii wrote:
At 6/1/11 01:34 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
Stop posting useless comments.

But what about our Artistic and Financial futures? We are just following an artistic trend to make ourselves rich.

BBS Signature

Response to Original character in development 2011-06-01 14:19:58

can you useless commentators stay in the general section where you belong? seriously.

QOTW:

BBS Signature