New Topic Respond to this Topic
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 08:11 AM Reply

It's being dubbed the match of the decade the Champions League final between Manchester United vs Barcelona. The final is the most watched annual sporting event on the globe and the biggest prize in club football and two of the biggest clubs in the world are going for it tonight at Wembley you couldn't really make it up. So Newgrounds predictions. Who will win? Who do you want to win? Score? Extra time and penalties? Where will you be watching it? This better not disappoint I'm hoping for (as is everyone) a fucking amazing match tonight, and for the first time since I can remember I'm supporting United tonight.

The Match Of The Decade

BBS Signature
Asandir
Asandir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 08:19 AM Reply

I doesn´t really matter for me who wins, aslong as the match itself is enjoyable to watch.

Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal and Icon moderator

BBS Signature
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 08:26 AM Reply

At 5/28/11 08:19 AM, Asandir wrote: I doesn´t really matter for me who wins, aslong as the match itself is enjoyable to watch.

I looked up ticket prices awhile go just to see how much they're going for £1300 looks the norm, people will be selling them on the night for about £5000-£10,000 says the news, I'm sure it matters to those people who wins or looses.

BBS Signature
Asandir
Asandir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 08:30 AM Reply

At 5/28/11 08:26 AM, CharltonChinchilla wrote: I looked up ticket prices awhile go just to see how much they're going for £1300 looks the norm, people will be selling them on the night for about £5000-£10,000 says the news, I'm sure it matters to those people who wins or looses.

It sure does to the fans, but I don´t watch football too often, I can understand their passion, but I will just enjoy a good match at home.

Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal and Icon moderator

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 08:39 AM Reply

Want Barca to win. Think they will win. 1-0 Iniesta.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Homeric
Homeric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 08:40 AM Reply

At 5/28/11 08:19 AM, Asandir wrote: I doesn´t really matter for me who wins, aslong as the match itself is enjoyable to watch.

This. Hate both teams, so I hope they can at least play enjoyable football. I can dream.

United are looking likely to be on the recieving end of a thrashing, though. They're a good team in terms of management and consistency which has got them the title, in terms of individual talents they're pretty incomparable to a team like Barca. Just like many teams are 'cup teams' United are just a 'league team' atm.

CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 08:42 AM Reply

At 5/28/11 08:39 AM, Gagsy wrote: Want Barca to win. Think they will win. 1-0 Iniesta.

I hope not, I'm gonna put money on Hernandez to score later, I think he will, he always nicks one in the big games I'm going for 1-1 and then extra time. I'm hoping for a 4-3 or something but it's unlikely. Also I think Messi will do fuck all tonight.

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 09:34 AM Reply

I'm not sure about match of the decade, as after all this is a repeat of the final of two years ago, and it could be argued that United are significantly weaker than then. Also I feel that Barcelona are significantly bigger favourites than United were the last time around (when, lest we forget, they were completely outplayed for almost the entire match).

Still, a big game none the less, and one I am expecting to be surprisingly close. There is no doubt that Barce are the stronger side, but United are pretty good at upsetting the rhythm of other teams, and may be able to slow the game down and make it difficult for them to flow.

Which means it will come down to whether Messi can still influence the game without his usual supply line... frankly he could beat any team in the world almost single handedly if on form, so its quite possible he will make the difference, but I have a nagging feeling that United will steal this somehow.

Also there is discussion taking place in the NGFC club should anyone be interested in talking with more like minded football fans (as lets face it, it is only a matter of time before the football haters show their faces in here).

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
TacoFreak
TacoFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 09:35 AM Reply

>Implying I watch a shitty sport like football

mencsh
mencsh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 11:21 AM Reply

At 5/28/11 09:35 AM, TacoFreak wrote: >Implying I watch a shitty sport like football

at least you use the correct name

IT IS NOT CALLED SOCCER
ToastedToastyToast
ToastedToastyToast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 11:23 AM Reply

Is it just me or is the phrase "Match of the decade" just used for every last single match until the next match is played?

If in doubt then set it on fire because fire is A if not THE answer and solution to absolutely everything.
-- Corey Griffin 2008
</thread></head></body></html>

CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 12:12 PM Reply

At 5/28/11 11:23 AM, ToastedToastyToast wrote: Is it just me or is the phrase "Match of the decade" just used for every last single match until the next match is played?

It's just hype, most of these big games are usually really tight and the "match of the decade" is usually in the championship or something. But it's gonna be a great occasion nonetheless. Also betting odds are ridiculous not worth putting one on. You'll have to put £50 on to actually win something worthwhile.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 01:39 PM Reply

Let me guess, that quote is from The Sun?

"Match of the decade" sounds quite premature to me. We're only in 2011 and the Champions League final is almost always between clubs like these two. I don't see why it would be any more special this time than in the next eight years.

Anyway, I am looking forward to it. It should be a sweet match. I do think Barca is quite a bit stronger than Man United this season, but they've had their downs. If they have a down right now then surely Man United can take advantage of that.

If I had to pick a side I'd go for Man Utd because of van der Sar, who's playing his very last match. I think he deserves a goodbye gift. On the other hand I don't really care if Barca wins either, as long as its an interesting match with plenty of goals. Hopefully something like 2005's final.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 01:48 PM Reply

Manchester United because their goalkeeper is from my country (van der Sar).
I'm probably going to watch this, if it's on any of the free channels.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 03:00 PM Reply

Well looks like it started.

Man Unt took off pretty well, but now Barca appears to be getting in control. So far the match is looking pretty entertaining.

BBS Signature
Homeric
Homeric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 03:03 PM Reply

Barca are really dominant now.

Man United started off pushing, but Park and Gibson are pretty much the only ones still going.

CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 03:31 PM Reply

Yes Rooney! Great game but Barce are dominating possession Ferguson needs to give a famous hairdryer treatment, it's anyones game.

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 03:39 PM Reply

At 5/28/11 03:31 PM, CharltonChinchilla wrote: Yes Rooney! Great game but Barce are dominating possession Ferguson needs to give a famous hairdryer treatment, it's anyones game.

I never thought I'd say this but Giggs is a passenger at the moment. Whether the events of the last week or so have got to him I don't know, but he needs to come off. Park has been immense, the work rate of that guy is incredible, and United have done ok at stopping Barce in midfield at times. Vidic and Ferdinand are without doubt the best centre back partnership in world football, and the only thing keeping United in it at half time. But...

For 30 minutes this felt like 2 years ago, and a certain Barce win.

For the last 15 it felt more like the Arsenal home leg against Barce this season, where they were dominated for large periods, but rode their luck and stayed in it. And eventually they won. United are in this. Barce suffer from the same problem as Arsenal at times, trying to walk it in rather than just shooting. It could cost them.

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 03:45 PM Reply

At 5/28/11 03:39 PM, Sentio wrote:
I never thought I'd say this but Giggs is a passenger at the moment. Whether the events of the last week or so have got to him I don't know, but he needs to come off.

Yeah and Valencia has been a fucking liability just been fouling and doing nothing. Giggs can give you just one of them balls and it's a goal though. Also anyone else see the modern warfare 3 ad? It's not out till November for fucks sake lol.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 03:51 PM Reply

Go Barcelona!

1-1 so far I Think. Too bad Sky has signal failure on us, so I can't watch it anymore.

lel

CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 03:56 PM Reply

2-1 Messi thumped one in from outside the area, it's been all Barce since the second half kick off, why nobody closed down the worlds best player is beyond me. Come on United, sort yourselfs out.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 03:56 PM Reply

2-1 for Barc!

Epic goal.

lel

CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 04:11 PM Reply

3-1, David Villa beautiful strike, I so wanted United win but Barcelona are different class.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Match Of The Decade May. 28th, 2011 @ 04:18 PM Reply

Meh... 3-1.

It's getting a little bit one-sided. Man Unt are looking helpless and Barca is starting to screw around again.

A goal for Man Unt would be welcome in my opinion.

At 5/28/11 03:45 PM, CharltonChinchilla wrote: Also anyone else see the modern warfare 3 ad? It's not out till November for fucks sake lol.

Must've payed big money to get that add showcased everywhere. I thought I didn't see it right when I read November. Guess we can rest assured that that game is gonna be hyped to the max if they already start advertising now.

BBS Signature