• 9 Replies
Luvcub
Luvcub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Gay Artist!? May. 26th, 2011 @ 04:20 AM

Yes, as frightening as it may seem I am a gay artist; but don't worry, my drawings are far from frilly.
Just wanted to post and get a few critiques, I don't know if ill post much on here but if enough people demand it ill try :D
Here is an album cover I drew for my friends band Dreaded Affliction : http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/luvcu b/metal-death
And a random girl stabbing another girl in the face with a spear : http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/luvcu b/face-stab

Peglay
Peglay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Gay Artist!? May. 26th, 2011 @ 04:28 AM

What does your sexual orientation have to do with art?

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Gay Artist!? May. 26th, 2011 @ 04:31 AM

At 5/26/11 04:20 AM, Luvcub wrote: Yes, as frightening as it may seem I am a gay artist; but don't worry -

I don't why you started off your thread with this statement? Not only are people not bothered about others' sexuality (unless they're 12), but it's going to pull attention away from your submissions.

Your gory art is alright. Would it be possible to upload a copy to your forum posts as well? We likey pictures to look at :)

BBS Signature
Luvcub
Luvcub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Gay Artist!? May. 26th, 2011 @ 04:40 AM

Well I am a teenager, and get bull from it all the time, so I wanted to see optimistic :D

And for some reason I can not include a picture even changing it to .gif or .jpeg, I don't understand why, maybe i'm dumb lol but if you want more of my art I have it on Deviant Art http://joebax.deviantart.com/gallery/ and ill try to post regularly on here.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Gay Artist!? May. 26th, 2011 @ 04:41 AM

At 5/26/11 04:20 AM, Luvcub wrote: Yes, as frightening as it may seem I am a gay artist

Why would you want to announce that at the outset of a thread about your art? I'm all for pride but this is an art forum not some sort of soapbox.

All you're going to do is get a bunch of people commenting on whether or not (more likely not) they care that you're gay, instead of your artistic merits.

Case-in-point: I am not commenting on your art at all here.

And believe it or not, you are not the only gay artist in these forums.

I laugh at the very idea that there are people out there surprised that an artist of all things could be gay.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Luvcub
Luvcub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Gay Artist!? May. 26th, 2011 @ 04:43 AM

I do not want to start anything, I think it would be dumb to, I meant it more for Humor than to feel sorry for me, if anyone does, dont.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Gay Artist!? May. 26th, 2011 @ 04:55 AM

Fascinating to know that you're a fan of the cock, and that you think that announcing how much you love taking it in the ass is just a form of humour to you. Good to know. I promise not to pity you and you dick-loving ways anymore then I would the next fucking moron who loves to announce their sexuality as an icebreaker.

NO ONE CARES. JUST IN CASE YOU COULDN'T CATCH THE POINT

Art isn't too bad. Anatomy and technique aren't horrible - the lighting resembles "pillow lighting", though (simply shading with no particular light source. Not cool) and you might want to actually upload some art to this art thread - makes viewing the whole lot as a single cohesive unit much easier.

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Gay Artist!? May. 26th, 2011 @ 06:03 AM

At 5/26/11 04:55 AM, Lintire wrote: and you might want to actually upload some art to this art thread - makes viewing the whole lot as a single cohesive unit much easier.

This, because nothing is more of a turn off then someone who posts links to Deviantart. That's like telling people on facebook to check out your myspace, or people on blogger to check out your tumblr.

Anywho, upload something using the "Include Picture?" option stat before this thread becomes about how you're homosexual.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
rendibsivad
rendibsivad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Gay Artist!? May. 26th, 2011 @ 07:10 AM

Its the way you think it affects your art. (or its calle yourd persective!) the reason he says hes gay is probably the reason he focused on the anatomy of that guy and got a boner.. proably thats probably why.

I could be wrong! just a suggestion.

the lord of our savior. el christio

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Gay Artist!? May. 26th, 2011 @ 07:26 AM

At 5/26/11 07:10 AM, rendibsivad wrote: Its the way you think it affects your art. (or its calle yourd persective!) the reason he says hes gay is probably the reason he focused on the anatomy of that guy and got a boner.. proably thats probably why.

What are you talking about?
Don't answer, since I'm not interested.

I'm going to lock this thread, since the subject has gone totally off-track (as expected) and is giving rise to stupid jokes.

Please feel free to remake this art thread, with some pics uploaded to your posts.

Gay Artist!?

BBS Signature