00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I need game Idea

670 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I need game Idea 2011-05-25 13:33:30

I have good experiense at programming and some at drawing. I can make all kind of games.
Not long ago i finished my last game and i have no new ideas in my mind.
If someone have some thoughts about INTERESTING gameplay - please reply.
INTERESTING gameplay mean not storyline. It means what to press , how to move , what to improve , how to win , how to loose and other things.

Response to I need game Idea 2011-05-25 13:59:11

Make Modern Warfare 3.

Response to I need game Idea 2011-05-25 15:26:44

You don't want a storyline, yet you come to the writing forum?

Response to I need game Idea 2011-05-25 21:33:17

At 5/25/11 03:26 PM, WizMystery wrote: You don't want a storyline, yet you come to the writing forum?

where should i go?

Response to I need game Idea 2011-05-25 21:39:03

At 5/25/11 09:33 PM, dovganovskiy wrote:
At 5/25/11 03:26 PM, WizMystery wrote: You don't want a storyline, yet you come to the writing forum?
where should i go?

Well I don't really know. There's no "ideas" forum, usually ideas can be expressed through any media so the forums are divided by different forms of such media. We're here for the execution, so to speak. not the formation. And since this the writing forum, not many of us would be too experienced with what makes a good game element. Storyline, yes; premise, yes... but video games are not our specialty.

Go play some indie games, those often have really original gameplay that is bound to inspire you in one way or another.

Response to I need game Idea 2011-05-25 22:04:58

A short flash game about a baby falling down stairs. You upgrade stats to make the baby fall farther. Sorta like toss the turtle, but with a more grim humor.

Response to I need game Idea 2011-05-27 22:05:22

You play a woman at a bar, she's enjoying herself, you control her interactions with her friends. This guy comes up to you and starts flirting, you have to play a little conversation minigame to interact with him without being seen by your friends as either a "prude" or a "slut". After that, you go to the bathroom, where you don't feel so good. You stumble out of the bar without your friends and everything goes blurry. Suddenly, there's a hand on your characters back, helping her up: It's the guy from earlier, and he's leading your blurry, disorientated mind down an alley. Suddenly, it clicks: He spiked your drink. You kick him and try to escape, running, but all physical exertion is difficult and your character is hard to control. If you manage to control her drunken and drugged running well enough, she makes it back to the bar where her friends are waiting worries. They call the police, use CCTV footage, and eventually catch the guy that drugged you. He gets imprisoned for attempted rape etc.

However, if you don't run fast enough and trip or fall over, the man catched up to you. He wrestles you to the ground, putting his hand over his mouth. You smash the keyboard to make your character struggle, press the button to scream but no sounds make it out. He tears off your clothes, as the player still struggles to escape, pushes you against the bins and violates you violently. Eventually the player, like the character, realises there's nothing they can do and is forced to just sit there and watch his/her character get raped in a dark alley, as the camera zooms out slowly. The camera is very far away when the guy finally finishes and leaves your character stripped and crying on the ground.

EPILOGUE: For bonus points, you can crawl back to the bar.

I haven't given you a setting so it can be whatever time period you want, but the important thing is to remember that the drugged character controls like QWOP. The character could also be male if you want, but I feel the message hits harder if you're forced to control a typical teenage girl out on the town.

Response to I need game Idea 2011-05-28 04:29:51

Make a game about being a police officer. Like a game where you help people and catch bad guys. Car chases etc...

Response to I need game Idea 2011-05-28 16:16:18

At 5/28/11 04:29 AM, Rawnern wrote: Make a game about being a police officer. Like a game where you help people and catch bad guys. Car chases etc...

the main question is HOW?

Response to I need game Idea 2011-05-28 19:49:53

If you're not a completely competent programmer, then just program something and let a story evolve out of an enjoyable gameplay mechanism. Working the other way around wont work well.

Response to I need game Idea 2014-08-26 17:16:20

Make this game. I was looking for coders.
I am working on a game last 7 years. I need coders for making this game. I will just give you game idea, you will do the job and you will gain the money. I am played all of games and watching game videos everyday. So game designing is my job, you just read my idea.

[​IMG]

This game will be a turn based strategy, MMO, open world, crafting, starving, pvp, pve, dungeon blah blah game. I cant make this game as a board game bcause it is too complex and requires calculations. So it cant be funny as a board game bcause causes headache.

This game has an unique combat system and strange classes and races like turtle, rhino, ninja, runner, mantis...... So you can play as everything. Some characters can fly, swim, run; depends on what you are playing as.

Every turn everybody moves at same time. After that everybody attacks to each other at same time. And cycle repeats. You can order to your character "be that much near to target" and it always tries to be that much near to enemy. Server does this calculation automaticly.

Lets see what i designed:

CYBER

Cyber is a robot looks like human but its made all of steel. So its metalic gray colored. Its dark. It is a serial killer. Hates everything, even itself. He is male but he have no gender. His strongest attack is COMET CANNON. Causes a explosion which will kill the target and damage the who arounds it. Cyber can kill its friends while shooting stuff. ZERO POINT is stronger than Comet Cannon and if you shoot it you will lose all of your HP so this spell consumes HP; its deals same damage to everyone in explosion and this spell always deals damage but enemies will divide damage with their FLE so enemies with high FLE will take less damage. After Zero Point; damaged tiles will damage to who stay on them with heat. GATLING GUN spell deals damage with bullets. Damage will be increased every turn but its MP cost will also increase. You cant move while shooting with Gatling Gun. Also nothing will miss you while you using this spell but %100 of your FLE will become DMG. And your movespeed will become your HIT but only half of it. Also while using this noisy spells your hiding will decrease so enemies can see you from even more faraway. Cyber uses bullets and rockets while using its spells and it gets out of ammo. Ammo will refill 10 turns after an empty turn(nothing attacks you and you attack to nothing). Gatling Gun deals area damage so you can shoot many targets at same time. PAILDRAMON GUNS: If you still didnt mention all of Cyber spells are stolen from digimon and gunslinger of Ragnarök online so this skill is same. So he takes rifles from inside of his calfs and shoot the enemy. You cant use this spell if you moved this turn so you cant move. You can shoot the target until miss it so this spell can be used again after you used it if it hits target. It has more hit than Gatling Gun and it can only shoot 1 target. TWIN STINGERS: you shoot 2 stingers from your nipples. Its a divided attack but stingers must be locked to same target. If they miss target, next turn they will try to hit it again. Enemy can attack to stingers for destroying them but stingers have 0 HP and %500 of your FLE also you must destroy stingers 1 by 1. ROCKET RAIN: using this spell causes you to use all of your ammo. You release all of your firepower as mini stingers. They will randomly attack every enemy they can reach. Missed stingers will hit each other and get destroyed. This attack have high HIT but low DMG. ROCKET STRIKE: you shoot a giant rocket from your arm. Its most basic attack of cyber but it costs too much MP and ammo and have low HIT, but still great for dealing damage to 1 enemy and killing full damage build noobies. PUNCH CANNON: cyber can longer his arms for punching enemy. Really stupid but requires no ammo; also it is ranged. JET BLOW: cyber flies really fast by using his jets and punches enemy from its belly. Bcause of he is so badass, blood comes out from enemy’s body. This spell gets used for reaching enemy and starts melee fight.

PUNCH: you punch the enemy. If you dont miss, you can punch next turn. You can only punch three times in a combo, so after that Punch goes cooldown. Bcause of his Punches reducing targets FLE for next turn and dealing massive damage and also dealing damage to targets MP; its Punches consumes too much MP. If you can Punch enemy 3 times after each other; 3rd punch will make enemy unable to move. ENERGY SHIELD: the robot creates an energy field like every mechs doing in Sci-Fi movies so why not? When enemy attacks you it will hit your MP with multiplied by %150 damage. If you turn off your shield you will lose all of your MP and MPR, HPR for next turn and you will gain +%50 HIT, +%50 FLE. The turn after that turn your MP will comeback so you can use your spells again. Also shield will turn off when you reach 0 MP. Than next 2 turns you cant turn on your shield. LIGHTNING JOLT: if you use this spell after turning off Energy Shield you will deal +%50 more damage. And your unexist mana can be consumed for this skill. You shoot lightning which one deals damage to all enemies. If there is less enemy it will deal more damage. This lightning will firstly damage enemy’s FLE for next turn and if it can make FLE 0, than will deal damage HP. LIGHTNING CHARGE: It can only destroy both players MP when it used turn after when Energy Shield turned off manually. You rush to the enemy and punch it. Punch throws enemy to back based on your base speed. If you use same spell after shield off, it will not push enemy but will destroy enemy’s MP by destroying your MP. When one of you reach 0 MP, that event ends. This spell also will deal damage. METAL FORM: you already made of metal but you still want to go in metal form. Metal form is a buff will affect you for next many turns. That buff increases your AMR. Its just that. Increases your AMR for many turns. WASTE: when you die, your remaining ammo will deal damage to enemies in range. All of enemies will take random amount of damage but total damage is always same. BURST SHOOT: you shoot the target with a flamming bullet. Its just that. ARM CANNON: You shoot something unkown but also this attack always missing. When it hits, it deals too much damage for its mana cost. It may hit another random target. Sometimes it causes an explosion and hits many targets. RAINBOW CANNON: you shoot your strongest cannon three times for shooting targets. If three of them hit, it is better than Comet but mostly 1 of them miss.

Base values of Cyber(elements will be added when game ends): 3 DMG 1 HIT 0,5 FLE 3 AMR 15 HP 0,5 HPR 10 MP 1 MPR What elements Cyber use?

Melee(MLE), Ranged(RNG), MAGnetic, EXPlosive, BuLLet, PLAsma

BLoW, WAVe, WiND, HOT, FiRE Sense’s of Cyber:

%100 SEE %200 hEAR %200 HEaT %200 MAGnetic

Cyber cant fly or swim, bcause of that he has 4 times more attack range than his movement. Also machines are really great ranged units. But Cyber have no ability for escaping.

Cyber’s hiding values are:

%50 SML %50 MAG %50 HET %0 EAR %150 SEE %200 IDE %200 SUL

Cyber is good for killing low FLE and high AMR and low speed units. Cyber is strong against high DMG units.

ICE ELEMENTAL

Ice elementals defend their cores with a body made of ice. ABSOLUTE ZERO: strongest attack of ice elemental. It deals damage to veryone around it. This damage will decrease enemy’s attributes for many turns. Debuff is based on damage they took. This spell never gives damage to enemy’s HP, it just decreases enemy’s values and make them frozen. Absolute Zero strongest spell in this game bcause it never deals damage to target’s HP or MP just makes it frozen. If you have high HP, Absolute Zero is not problem for you, bcause noone can kill you even you are frozen. WIND OF ARCTIC: if this attack hits the target, its gives a random debuff to target so makes it a bit frozen. This attack may hit multiple targets also deals damage. DONT ATTACK: you directly attack to targets DMG, after you decreasing its DMG by %50 you can deal damage to its HIT by %50. Its effective for many turns. DONT MOVE: you deal damage to targets movement. Its effectiv