00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JoJoshke just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join!

43,367 Views | 692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 08:42:32

At 5/30/11 08:22 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: A team will be picked along with me to judge based on a 10 point score sheet. Voting score will not matter, and tracks wont even be able to be voted on by users anyway. Everything will be judged fairly, nothing to worry about there.

Sorry not a 10 point score sheet, a 100 point score sheet. :\

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 08:45:52

At 5/30/11 08:42 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 5/30/11 08:22 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: A team will be picked along with me to judge based on a 10 point score sheet. Voting score will not matter, and tracks wont even be able to be voted on by users anyway. Everything will be judged fairly, nothing to worry about there.
Sorry not a 10 point score sheet, a 100 point score sheet. :\

>Petition for an edit button: begin.

On topic: then the team will have to be picked by smart people, and the smart people who pick the team will have to be picked by smart people, and - *INCEPTION!*

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 10:04:56

I say #2, that way no one will be digging years into their past to submit something they made during their prime. If this is supposed to showcase the current audio portal, then I think we should use the freshest stuff. Not that I'm opposed to old works, I just think in this case we should use new stuff.

Hello, from the past!

[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 10:50:42

I also support #2. If you go with #1, you'll have a whole CD full of xKore, Bjra, and ParagonX9, and we don't want that.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 11:06:11

At 5/30/11 10:50 AM, DLBeezy wrote: I also support #2. If you go with #1, you'll have a whole CD full of xKore, Bjra, and ParagonX9, and we don't want that.

Whats wrong with ParagonX9? :D

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 11:38:20

I'll have to say 2 also.

Because you can't really expect what is gonna be the user's work for this, maybe a user has made a bunch of unpopular songs in the past but since this is going to be a pretty nice idea to put all your effort into one track.

Who knows? that user could make a song even more popular than the "big ones" and you know there has been people in this situation.

Anyways i think we should make a non discussion thread for this, like posting all the guidelines because it was pretty confusing to get updated with all the info going on here.

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 12:49:21

Anyways i think we should make a non discussion thread for this, like posting all the guidelines because it was pretty confusing to get updated with all the info going on here.

Oh we will lol, we will. This thread is already getting annoyingly confusing for people who aren't keeping to date with it 24/7... but luckily it isn't all that big at the moment. If you guys are confused about what's going on, simply look for these posts I make on each page. I will cover what has been said + cover what we are currently saying and discussion.

If you are confused, READ THIS! :)

After discussion, we have brought up these valuable points. If you have anything to say about them, let us know! We want to make sure most people can agree on the way this shindig is made!

1.) The album should include new songs not available on the portal. We will have various, short termed contests for each theme and choose the top winners to be added into the specific theme album.

2.) Due to the inability to determine if people will enjoy the fact that the album has multiple genres on it, we should instead develop multiple themed albums based around certain genres that fit well together. Each album will be sold to the NG store with about 20+ songs on each album.

3.)Since there are so many people that will be put on the albums, we should donate all funds towards charity. Otherwise, everyone would get only $10 or so for condoms and electricity bills.

4.) The list of genres for each album can include:

- Heartwarming, serious themed album based around the orchestral, folk, jazz, solos, and classical genres.
- Upbeat, dance/grindcore themed album based around Dubstep, Drum N Bass, progressive, and trance.
- Hardcore, brutal themed album based around metal, rock, face melters, and others.
- Chill, visual themed album based around ambient, pop, drone, 8-bit, and experimental/glitch.

5.)vIn order to decide who get's in each album, we will create four separate contests that each revolve around a specific theme with certain genres. Everyone who would like to enter would create their song for the said theme and upload it in a loseless format to the given online private uploading service such as Bandcamp. This way, everyones music will only be available for the judges / anyone who gets the password from the individual track.

6.) Once the contest is over, a team of judges and I will use a judging sheet to determine which the best tracks are. This "judging sheet" wlll most likely be out of 100 points and will be judged based on Quality, Fit, Originality, e.t.c. Only we judges have to worry about this though! :)

7.) Everyone who doesn't make it in will then be allowed to submit their song on the NG Audio Portal for proper criticism and suggestions. The main reasoning behind letting EVERYONE submit a newly made piece is to give EVERYONE a chance at getting into this. If someone ends up working hard and not making it in, then at least they can say they tried their best and therefore improved!

8.) Each album will be designed by someone over on the art portal.

9.) Each album will be mastered and mixed properly from a professional quality technician over here.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS! Basically, all you have to worry about is how to participate in this contest. If you don't feel like discussing how this will b carried out, simply wait for the first contest to start and read the easy to follow rules on that contest! :)

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 13:28:09

i want to join but,i don't know how to compose music or know which software to use?

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 13:34:21

At 5/30/11 01:28 PM, celsiusdarkdragon wrote: i want to join but,i don't know how to compose music or know which software to use?

Well, if you can not compose music yet, then I'm afraid there isn't really a spot for you yet unless you were to remarkably understand how to make a song very quickly lol. You could have a shot at being a judge for a contest, however, if you show you have experience in LISTENING to music and understanding its quality.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 13:39:44

Sounds interesting enough. A couple questions though:

#1. What is the deadline for having a complete track up?

2#. Which website should our work be posted on?

3#. How much creative(coherant) freedom do we have on the project?

Please get back to me ASAP, PM preferred if possible.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 13:45:41

At 5/30/11 01:34 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Well, if you can not compose music yet, then I'm afraid there isn't really a spot for you yet unless you were to remarkably understand how to make a song very quickly lol. You could have a shot at being a judge for a contest, however, if you show you have experience in LISTENING to music and understanding its quality.

I disagree with this (we don't seem to agree much do we? :P). In my opinion the judges should all have a decent amount of experience in music production, because if they've never produced music before and don't professionally review music, then they can only base their critical analysis on whether they liked the song or not.

Just putting my opinion out there, since this is still a discussion thread right? :3

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 13:52:41

What you just said is exactly what I meant supersteph. I think we agree on many things, but me miscommunicate to a certain extent of disagreement. xD

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 14:00:31

Heres and idea: What if we made each contest at the same time?

We could carry this thing out a whole lot quicker and more efficiently, plus no one would have to wait any longer than anyone else for a contest to be made. Once we make the contest, we can give everyone a solid 3 month period to make a track for this thing with a label of genre and what album it should be used in. Then we judges can get together, organize track lists for each album, judge them, review them, and decide which ones are the best. Then the mixer / masterer will come in and help me and a few other create each individual album. We can post each album up once every month or so, so it will literally be a solid four months of getting the audio community out there.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 14:04:05

It's one track/user right? That's how I think it should be at least..

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 14:06:39

At 5/30/11 02:00 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Heres and idea: What if we made each contest at the same time?

I... surprisingly agree.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 14:21:20

So... Any idea when the constests will start? I'm more than eager to participate!

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 14:21:53

At 5/30/11 02:06 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 5/30/11 02:00 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Heres and idea: What if we made each contest at the same time?
I... surprisingly agree.

I don't believe you.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 14:24:37

At 5/30/11 02:21 PM, camoshark wrote: So... Any idea when the constests will start? I'm more than eager to participate!

It depends. Probably here in a couple of weeks. We need to make sure everything is settles before we jump right in! Feel free to start working on a song. There isn't any specific criteria to follow other than be creative, do your best, and follow whatever genre your best at! Your basically will give us some information we ask from you in the contest thread and post your song there.

At 5/30/11 02:04 PM, HolyKonni wrote: It's one track/user right? That's how I think it should be at least..

Yeah, unless we end up short on tracks SOMEHOW :(

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 14:34:13

At 5/30/11 02:24 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Yeah, unless we end up short on tracks SOMEHOW :(

If you mass-PM people and get Tom to give this project a mention, then it'll rocket up in popularity.

I can help you with the PMing if you want, I've got more than enough free time (no school till late September lolololol).

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 14:53:42

At 5/30/11 02:34 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 5/30/11 02:24 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Yeah, unless we end up short on tracks SOMEHOW :(
If you mass-PM people and get Tom to give this project a mention, then it'll rocket up in popularity.

I can help you with the PMing if you want, I've got more than enough free time (no school till late September lolololol).

Yeah, in theory it will. But you never know. Sure, I would love to have help in PMing people. I appreciate all your help so far man. I know we keep disagreeing on things, but in the end we end up agreeing :P

Once the contest thread starts we should PM loads of audio peeps.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 14:55:34

I support #2, as well :P

Quick question - is there going to be a cap on tracks? I don't think it'll be too big of an issue, practically speaking, but if someone produced two (or even three) tracks for an album I don't think it'd be very kind for the other people on the album to get bumped off for someone who wanted more than one track on the CD.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 14:58:09

What about the conept of making some type of collaboration with iTunes as well. Who knows, maybe even some of the local NG artist will get picked up and make their big break.

There are a lot of good artists in the audio portal and witnessing their interjection into the industry would be nice. Besides, we could use some new performers in the charts. Just a thought. ;D

"If you can't beat 'em eat 'em." -Anonymous

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 15:05:19

At 5/30/11 02:55 PM, Gario wrote: I support #2, as well :P

Quick question - is there going to be a cap on tracks? I don't think it'll be too big of an issue, practically speaking, but if someone produced two (or even three) tracks for an album I don't think it'd be very kind for the other people on the album to get bumped off for someone who wanted more than one track on the CD.

To be fair, I say that people can make a maximum of one track. Anymore and this would get crazy.

There are a lot of good artists in the audio portal and witnessing their interjection into the industry would be nice. Besides, we could use some new performers in the charts. Just a thought. ;D

Good idea, I am sure we can make the album available for purchase / download on ReverNation, Itunes, e.t.c. I need to do some research on how easy it is to pirate from search services, however. I do know that Itunes is fairly difficult, so thats a definite yes.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 15:16:58

I would love to have a song I created be featured on this album, I'm pretty reliable when it comes to producing, in the last year alone I think I've uploaded 70ish songs to NG averaging a 4.19 (A+) "batting average."

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 15:22:10

At 5/30/11 03:16 PM, stratkat wrote: I would love to have a song I created be featured on this album, I'm pretty reliable when it comes to producing, in the last year alone I think I've uploaded 70ish songs to NG averaging a 4.19 (A+) "batting average."

Lol, for your information, the "batting average" indicator is broken, it says that for everybody!

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 15:32:31

At 5/30/11 03:22 PM, camoshark wrote:
At 5/30/11 03:16 PM, stratkat wrote: I would love to have a song I created be featured on this album, I'm pretty reliable when it comes to producing, in the last year alone I think I've uploaded 70ish songs to NG averaging a 4.19 (A+) "batting average."
Lol, for your information, the "batting average" indicator is broken, it says that for everybody!

Lmao, no matter. We will accept all the entries we can get! *As long as it's limited to one per person, mind you ;) *

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 15:38:27

At 5/30/11 03:22 PM, camoshark wrote:

It's still not far from being correct if you scan through my scores, 4.19 sounds about right.

where the post about submitting entries? (if there is one) cuz I haven't noticed anyone linking songs.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 15:44:58

Nope, right now this thing is in DISCUSSION MODE. We are bringing up new ideas, discussing old ones, and all in all making sure this is layed out properly.

BEFORE POSTING PLEASE READ THIS! This list contains everything we have gone over so far. Feel free to discuss it if you disagree with it, bring new points up, or PM me for info / if you want to be a judge or do some other help in promoting this.

1.) The album should include new songs not available on the portal. We will have various, short termed contests for each theme and choose the top winners to be added into the specific theme album.

2.) Due to the inability to determine if people will enjoy the fact that the album has multiple genres on it, we should instead develop multiple themed albums based around certain genres that fit well together. Each album will be sold to the NG store with about 20+ songs on each album.

3.)Since there are so many people that will be put on the albums, we should donate all funds towards charity. Otherwise, everyone would get only $10 or so for condoms and electricity bills.

4.) The list of genres for each album can include:

- Heartwarming, serious themed album based around the orchestral, folk, jazz, solos, and classical genres."
- Upbeat, dance/grindcore themed album based around Dubstep, Drum N Bass, progressive, and trance."
- Hardcore, brutal themed album based around metal, rock, face melters, and others."
- Chill, visual themed album based around ambient, pop, drone, 8-bit, and experimental/glitch.

5.)vIn order to decide who get's in each album, we will create four separate contests that each revolve around a specific theme with certain genres. Everyone who would like to enter would create their song for the said theme and upload it in a loseless format to the given online private uploading service such as Bandcamp. This way, everyones music will only be available for the judges / anyone who gets the password from the individual track.

6.) Once the contest is over, a team of judges and I will use a judging sheet to determine which the best tracks are. This "judging sheet" wlll most likely be out of 100 points and will be judged based on Quality, Fit, Originality, e.t.c. Only we judges have to worry about this though! :)

7.) Everyone who doesn't make it in will then be allowed to submit their song on the NG Audio Portal for proper criticism and suggestions. The main reasoning behind letting EVERYONE submit a newly made piece is to give EVERYONE a chance at getting into this. If someone ends up working hard and not making it in, then at least they can say they tried their best and therefore improved!

8.) Each album will be designed by someone over on the art portal.

9.) Each album will be mastered and mixed properly from a professional quality technician over here.

10.) We can promote and sell this album in just more than the NG store! With proper research on security to prevent piracy, we can sell this album in Itunes, ReverbNation, e.t.c. but it will mainly be created for Newgrounds by Newgrounds ro promote the Newgrounds audio community and Newgrounds as a whole... NEWGROUNDS.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 15:56:03

I probably missed the query, but in the advent that it WILL be sold on other sites, will the revenue go to the artists if it's sufficient enough that it's worthwhile?

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-05-30 16:28:49

At 5/30/11 03:56 PM, camoshark wrote: I probably missed the query, but in the advent that it WILL be sold on other sites, will the revenue go to the artists if it's sufficient enough that it's worthwhile?

All profits made from this will go towards charity, since the purpose of this is to gather the audio community together for a massive collaboration to help get everyone experience, online friendships, and promote their work along the way to show that there truly is a lot of hidden talent in the underrated spectrum of the audio portal here on Newgrounds. Since there are going to be over 120+ people helping with this project, there is no right way to split funds amongst ourselves. Therefore, most of us have decided to give the profits to charity. Even if we were to split the funs amongst ourselves, we would all get just enough to get a really, REALLY cheap hooker. ;)