00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

seaquester just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need programmer 4 visual novel game

832 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey guys.
I suddenly had the urge to make a visual novel game one day (because I'm a big fan of them) and I found out that I can't code for crap, even an easy thing such as a visual novel. And so I need a programmer who can do simple programming for things such as:
- Rolling text with beep beep beep sound effects (like in RPG games)
- Code for things such as multiple endings, scene changes and buttons

The visual novel is basically a love story about a mentally ill man who falls in love with a girl who ends up being a figment of his imagination. This causes him to do something drastic and... yeah I don't want to give too much away, but something like that.
That's basically it, if you can do coding for things such as this and you are interested in coding for this game then leave a message here and give me a PM as well. I will check regularly so if you have any questions about the game or anything concerning it then also PM me.

Thanks guys!

I have deviantArt!! Check it out by clicking on the signature!

BBS Signature

Response to Need programmer 4 visual novel game 2011-05-22 07:08:04

I reckon you could program a choose-your-own-adventure Flash by yourself, since it's just buttons and frames. Check out this tutorial.

BBS Signature

Response to Need programmer 4 visual novel game 2012-11-02 18:02:10

i am an amateur visual novel programmer looking for work. i am not expecting to be paid i just want to work on a project i have an art team so that shouldn't be a problem if you are still interested email me at pyrotyguy@gmail.com

Response to Need programmer 4 visual novel game 2012-11-02 23:28:05

i don't really know what a visual novel is, from what i understand it's like a choose your own adventure book, with pictures lol. if that's the case, spending an hour or two reading/watching tutorials and you could easily make this. it would just be buttons... and possibly simple variables...

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.