00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sinnymon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"Troll King" Board game

5,758 Views | 85 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

"Troll King" Board game 2011-05-18 16:46:58

Troll king intro:

In the Middle ages before the time Arthur took to the throne a Troll from the west arrived at the castle.
The Troll was but a mere child asking for food, but the King was not of the friendly sort and told the guards to "throw this beast out of our castle and if it ever comes back kill it". Now the guards obeyed their king and threw the troll out of the castle. The Troll cried and went back home. Years later when Arthur took to the throne the Troll from the West arrived again but this time with a army of Trolls and the not so little troll as the leader. Arthur ordered the guards to attack the incoming threat, but then the Troll leader cast a spell on the Kingdom and turned it into a life size board-game. In all the confusion The Troll leader took arthur hostage and put his crown on his head proclaiming himself the "Troll King".

In this game you're given a choice to either play as the Humans or the Trolls.
Feel free to play the game over to see the different endings.
If you beat both there is a hidden ending.

Game system:

Movement: Roll 1 die per turn and go the number of spaces accordingly. You may choose to go down other paths depending where you are on the board.

Spaces: Blue spaces give 10 coins, Red Spaces take away 10 coins, Gold Spaces give treasure chests and are usually filled with lots of coins or a good item, Green spaces are where the "Treasure Troll" resides and he'll give you a choice of a trivia question or a battle and if you win either one he'll give you a prize, White spaces are where you shop for items using your coins and finally purple spaces activate a turn based battle every time you step on one.

Coins: Coins are mainly used to buy items at the white spaces but have a another use later on as the "coin cannon" where you can use the coins as ammunition in battles.

Items: The all important items! your basic battle equipment is kept but these items are considered the upgrades to that and can be used in battle to slay enemies. But these items have use on the board as well as like the "weapon Icon" will make extra dice 2 or 3 depending on the value of it. "Armor icons" protect you from losing coins or items. "Magic Icons" now these are awesome these let you steal items or coins from your opponent. Also remember that if you use a icon it won't come back you will have to find a new one or buy some new items at the shop. So yeah remember that if use all your equipment icons you'll be back to your standard equipment again.

Battling: Basic turn based rpg fighting but don't forget to equip your new items before you enter battle.

Requesting programmers, Voice actors, Music writers and of course designers.
I'll of course be the collab organizer and probably a voice actor too.

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-18 18:12:11

At 5/18/11 04:46 PM, TaroMaster4 wrote: Requesting programmers, Voice actors, Music writers and of course designers.

God almighty.

BBS Signature

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-18 18:15:21

At 5/18/11 06:12 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 5/18/11 04:46 PM, TaroMaster4 wrote: Requesting programmers, Voice actors, Music writers and of course designers.
God almighty.

I agree. This is an epic project O.o

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-18 19:44:05

Just came up with something else that should have been mentioned in the first post.
Since you will be using healing items in battle that will effect the board and make a new icon so i made the "Medicinal icon" this icon when used on the board gives the 10 coins by the number rolled the dice after you roll 1 die. Of course you can also use a weapon icon first then a Medicinal icon to get at least 2 or 3 times the number as before (depending on the value of the weapon).

Also i would like to say that if you think my story stinks and you could write a better one then do so because i didn't really work that hard on it and i would gladly like your help. Just make sure it has some way of turning the kingdom into a life size board game and a Troll being King ok?

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-18 19:49:55

Also i would like to say that if you think my story stinks and you could write a better one then do so because i didn't really work that hard on it and i would gladly like your help. Just make sure it has some way of turning the kingdom into a life size board game and a Troll being King ok?

No no i love your story!I couldnt make it better!

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-18 19:58:21

Well thanks that's very kind of you.
But i was only saying this to the people who didn't like it.
If the story is voted to stay as is then i'll keep it there.

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-19 19:12:48

Lol so shall we make an intro just so people want to join more?
give me a couple sketches

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-19 20:11:49

Ok i think i will.

In the Middle ages before the time Arthur took to the throne a Troll from the west arrived at the castle.
The Troll was but a mere child asking for food. This troll had no food or water to live on and was near dying
The young troll was given the name Reginald by his parents that had died mysteriously died one day.
As young Reginald approached the castle people gave him strange looks and some pointed and made fun of him.

Male Passerby #!: Ahahaha! Look at that ugly thing!

Female Passerby: ooooh what a hideous creature!

Male Passerby #2: Man when my uncle said his friend turned into a troll he wasn't kidding!

As he pressed on he saw what appeared to be the leader of the humans (the current king at the time)
Reginald went up to the king and tugged on his sleeve gaining the king's attention.

Reginald: Would you be so kind as to part with some food and drink?
But the King was not of the friendly sort and with much disgust he said.

Cruel king: Throw this beast out of our castle and if it ever comes back kill it!

Now the guards knew that even though the troll's looks were "not so fine" it was still a child so they arguably refused.

Guard #1: But sire it's just a child!

Guard #2: You can't possibly turn this hungry kid can you?!

Guard #3: There's no way i'll do such a thing to a starving child!

Cruel king: (Angry) You dare disobey you're King! Either you get this Beast out of my castle or i will have both of your heads on a platter!!!

Guards 1-3: *Gulp*

Then the guards obeyed their king and threw the troll out of the castle.

Reginald cried and cried then collapsed on the ground in exhaustion.
Now Reginald would have died that day if he hadn't have been rescued by a group of trolls that were hunting for food.
After waking up and meeting the other trolls he lived a happy life with the others

*Time skip*

In the end Reginald became their leader, Mastering all the arts of "Troll Magic" and Weaponry he remembered to take revenge on the King, but not to his knowledge the old king was no more and young Arthur had took to the throne.

Reginald arrived again at the castle after many years past but this time with a army behind him.

This time he was met by a army of soldiers.

As the two armies clash Reginald cast a spell on the Kingdom and turned it into a life size board-game.
In all the confusion Reginald took arthur hostage in which he was asked many questions during the confusion the main one being "Where's the king?" but soon after he realized that arthur was the king he no longer cared so he then put Arthur's crown on his head proclaiming himself the "Troll King".
_______

I think that about does it for the script for the intro.

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-19 21:47:36

Woah long script O.O

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-20 15:12:38

At 5/20/11 01:54 PM, BUCHANKO wrote:
Can I see an art example ?

Well we haven't got a concept artist yet but we're searching.

The game looks a bit tiring in terms of writing code, what is the revenue share and method of selling?

This was meant to be a game collaboration for newgrounds but i was hoping that if it got off the ground it would make it into the gaming industry as maybe a PSN game or remade as a multiplayer game for the wii.
As for actual pay in this well i'd say about 5 to 10 dollars is that ok? i'm still not sure yet but unlike most people i was hoping you all would work for fun and not for pay. (because that's what i'm doing it for)

Is there a time limit?

Not really i mean why would a board game with stuff like all this explained need a time limit? that would just put stress on the player to figure it out quicker and they wouldn't enjoy it as much.

What version of Flash are you using?

"Adobe Flash CS5" but i'm still sure i can put together a collab game with a advanced version.

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-20 15:24:44

At 5/20/11 01:54 PM, BUCHANKO wrote: Can I see an art example ?
The game looks a bit tiring in terms of writing code, what is the revenue share and method of selling?
Is there a time limit?
What version of Flash are you using?

If it looks tiring why would you offer to help.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-20 16:02:37

As cool as this may be you don't have the requirements to start a collab. :(

BBS Signature

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-20 16:12:14

The mod was impressed so i'd say that speaks for itself.
Plus people already want to join closing this collab wuld be pointless.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-20 17:37:17

He also said this was for fun not for money.
So he really doesnt have to research revenue unless he makes some.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-20 22:53:29

At 5/20/11 04:02 PM, Kibester wrote: As cool as this may be you don't have the requirements to start a collab. :(

umm lets see

i have at least 3 submissions that have over a 3.5 rating *Check*

I have a abobe flash and i'm experienced with it *Check*

And

I have what it takes to run a collab because i'm very well old enough to figure it out (21) *Check*

So i think you're telling off the wrong person.

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-21 21:19:08

Just a little bump here as i have news for all.

The positions for everyone except designer and voice actors have been filled.

Programmer: "Wagnerben"

Music composer: "Carryonplease"

Animator for the introduction: Jomillex

Voice of Reginald the Troll: Brocky (My friend from Austraila)

Collab Organizer: TaroMaster4 (of course)
________

Now the positions that need to be filled are.

Designer for the collab

Guard #1

Guard #2

Guard #3

Cruel King:

Male Passerby #1

Male Passerby #2

Female Passerby #1

And that's about it. So pm me or comment here if you wish to take part.

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-21 21:35:02

Sweet!
This is coming along great :)
As soon as u have an idea on how u want the characters to look i will begin to make time for this.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-22 00:39:28

this will be sweet! exciting to write some thematic orchestral stuff.

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-22 12:47:16

You are going to probably need more than one designer.
Or else that is a big burden for one to bear, especially if they have any sort of a life.

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-22 14:08:30

oh i called someone else as well but she didn't respond yet.
But i'm hopeful that she will join and i'm still looking for someone who wants to get this done without having to think about money. I'm doing this for fun and so are most of my co-workers.
As for this game it will be point and click as this is a board game/ turn based rpg fighter.

And as for the characters looks well here they are.

"Reginald the Troll" will be a green bodied troll with brown hair and blue eyes with barely any clothes at the start (just some old rags thrown together) until he grows up where he wears normal troll wear, clothes made from cotton and not patched together but all in one piece, he wears a hat made of leather with a gem placed in it. (Sort of a Magic ruby) he also wears shoes made of leather, but this new change is when he grows up.

Guard #1 Is skilled in the art of the Sword and is dressed as a Knight with a Knight status to boot
Without his helmet on he's got curly blonde hair and blue eyes.

Guard #2 is skilled in the art of Archery and dresses mostly in brown and green with light armor and clothes much like Robin hood. He has blonde hair and red eyes. (people make rumors about his eyes like they allow him to shoot a arrow at a deer from 10 miles away)

Guard #3 is skilled in the art of the Spear and strangely enough is dressed with yellow pants sandals and nothing on his upper body (showing his muscular figure to everyone) but when in the presence of the king he put s on a light green T-shirt. He has spiky red Hair and brown eyes.

The Cruel King is a tremendously fat king who orders around his servants all day and if they disobey him he will send them to the guillotine. despite his age (like 40 or something) he has curly grey hair and brown eyes. Dressed like a fat king of course who eats all day and does mean things.

Arthur is basically dressed like he was in "The sword in the stone" because you could say that this happened right after that movie.

The "Passerby" well i really don't care what they look like but They have to look like towns folk from that castle.

And that's about it.

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-22 22:11:09

Just a little bump to say that the designer position is finally filled and now all we have to work on is finding voice actors for this.

Thanks a lot to Kanban for joining up with us.

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-23 00:35:09

You know me Taro, I have no skill...

However, I am willing to offer you my voice

What's it gonna be? You have to decide.

Tits, or destiny...

...Tits...

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-23 07:15:07

At 5/20/11 04:12 PM, Jomillex wrote: The mod was impressed so i'd say that speaks for itself.

I'm not impressed, I don't care for collabs where the host is just the ideas man, and expects people to put it together for him.

It also doesn't speak for itself, since for all I know this could be successful.

At 5/20/11 10:53 PM, TaroMaster4 wrote: i have at least 3 submissions that have over a 3.5 rating *Check*

Point me to these 3 submissions, since I see 1 sprite Flash collab.

I have what it takes to run a collab because i'm very well old enough to figure it out (21) *Check*

Your age has nothing to do with your ability to run a collab.

BBS Signature

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-23 12:10:07

At 5/23/11 07:15 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
I'm not impressed, I don't care for collabs where the host is just the ideas man, and expects people to put it together for him.
Yeah you're right i was just the ideas man in this until i got a cast that believed that i could lead them and so i did i told them what needed to be done how the music should match the boards that will be created and programmed into a working game. It's really all coming together and i appreciate it if you let us do this.
It also doesn't speak for itself, since for all I know this could be successful.

Oh it will speak for itself as Kanban our artist and i are talking over how the boards should be made.
Jomillex is making the animation and Carryonplease is doing the music. it's really quite amazing.
We have our programmer to Wagnerben who will be a important assest to this project (as every member is) and put it all together into a game. ANd you're still wondering what i do? I'm telling them what to do.
Without me doing that they'd be running around like headless chickens.

i have two audio submissions too. They're submissions so they count.

Your age has nothing to do with your ability to run a collab.

You're right it doesn't but my age has given me experience.

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-23 13:39:31

At 5/23/11 12:10 PM, TaroMaster4 wrote:
i have two audio submissions too. They're submissions so they count.

Fair enough. I thought it only applied to Flash submissions, but I can't fault you with the collab rules.

I don't have a problem with your project, since your opening post is sound, and you have a strong, developed idea about what you want. I want to be careful about people who are collab organisers, however, since for all I know they could have very little participation in the project (other than the occasional "how's e'erbody doing?" post, which is just lame).

BBS Signature

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-23 14:54:29

Okay lets get the show on the road!
I would like the concept artist to sketch me a little storyboard. Doesnt have to be good i just want to know what u want it too look a little bit like before i start so i don't miserbaly fail and have to restart.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-24 10:39:54

Sorry Jomilliex but she's busy making the sketches for the game art and she's needs the whole team to participate on the decision so i gave her our emails so she could contact us.
But i'm only giving her the main team's emails after all we're the ones that get to decide what the game art looks like. As for the voice actors i don't want a million opinions on what the art should be so they are still taking part in this big project but they won't get to decide on how the art is going to happen. I say let the main team do the main work and the voice actors work on their parts however they may please.
Is that all fine with you all?

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-24 23:53:49

I write orchestral music. I use very high quality instrument samples.

www.bobheinbokel.com

Everything you need to know should be on that site. I love to create completely original soundtracks for projects, but I have demo songs posted on my site.

I work for free, for the time being. I'd love to have a credit in this.

www.Soundcloud.com/Heinbokel

www.HeinbokelMusic.com

Multi-Media composer located in Burbank,CA

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-25 06:39:32

Is that all fine with you all?

Sounds great :)
The art looked awesome!

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to "Troll King" Board game 2011-05-25 07:06:04

I don't see why not after all there isn't anything wrong with 2 music composers.
So after listening to some of his samples i reached the decision that Carryonplease will now work on Battle themes for the battles and the boss battles. Oh trust me there's going to be plenty of battles considering the number of purple spaces i had in mind. Carryonplease will also do music for the intro as well so all is fair.
Darkanthehero will work on the board music. Considering that there's a total of 5 boards that means we'll need 5 great songs to match the art provided by Kanban. So then i believe all is in agreement for this?