Be a Supporter!

A rant on Censorship

  • 640 Views
  • 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
cool-penguin-0
cool-penguin-0
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 04:38 PM Reply

It's funny, because people think they live in a free country, but actually they don't at all.

Rabid-Echidna
Rabid-Echidna
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 04:41 PM Reply

I don't think poloticians or soccer moms should be able to make decisions for the country. They just mess everything up.


My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature
cool-penguin-0
cool-penguin-0
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 4/24/04 04:40 PM, 1337_Baka wrote:
At 4/24/04 04:38 PM, cool_penguin_0 wrote: It's funny, because people think they live in a free country, but actually they don't at all.
i dont think it has reached that point yet but it will if something is not done soon to stop dick,bush :S

but the thing is, YOU DON'T KNOW that your newspapers are only telling you what they think is enough for you to know, but in fact there's more going on behind the scenes...

<deleted>
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 04:49 PM Reply

Soldier: Permission to speak, sir!

Commander: Shut your pie hole!

Soldiers who fight for our country (or for our country's politicians anyways) lose some of their rights as well :-(

Joseph Leiberman knows what's good for us! So does Hitler! Heil!

<deleted>
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 04:57 PM Reply

yes I was. I'm comparing Leiberman to hitler in a sense.

I hate censorship. It's the dumbest, most arrogant thing in the world.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

cool-penguin-0
cool-penguin-0
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 04:59 PM Reply

At 4/24/04 04:57 PM, Nohimn wrote: yes I was. I'm comparing Leiberman to hitler in a sense.

I hate censorship. It's the dumbest, most arrogant thing in the world.

fuck .....

but when you say "fuck" so many times, anything you said before becomes stupid because you are stupid.

<deleted>
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 05:00 PM Reply

heh, just goofing off. It's called boredom, not stupidity.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 05:28 PM Reply

If you want true freedom, go buy ship with sattelite uplink and head out for international waters.

But if you want true freedom on land, then Antarctica is your only option.

Well, at least there are a few spam-free free speech forums on the net.

NormTheGreat
NormTheGreat
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 05:36 PM Reply

You should have a talk with George Carlin if you dissagree with CD censorship - (i own this CD)

minion002
minion002
  • Member since: Jan. 3, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 05:40 PM Reply

everyone already knows this man they just think that only a few ppl do and that those few ppl cant do anything about it well its more then a few ppl and if they were to band together to sumthing that would chnage censorship then maybe it actually would change

NormTheGreat
NormTheGreat
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 06:03 PM Reply

At 4/24/04 05:36 PM, NormTheGreat wrote: You should have a talk with George Carlin if you dissagree with CD censorship - (i own this CD)

fuck,

A rant on Censorship

ReddSky
ReddSky
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 06:49 PM Reply

Thats propaganda for you, cencorship and misinformation.

Cencorship to block stuff what they dont want you to hear, misinformation to make you hear what they want.

The USA talking about freedom is like nazi germany talking about diversity and multiculturism.

SoulShadower
SoulShadower
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 06:55 PM Reply

Censorship is for pussies who want their children to be protected from the evils of the world for as long as they can. I mean, you don't want a kid to grow up corrupt, but not letting a teenager that's not 17 yet see an R-rated movie is just rediculous.

Sir-Davey
Sir-Davey
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 06:55 PM Reply

Fuck censorship.
Seriously, if you're offended by the words "Fuck,Shit,Piss,Cunt,Spunk,Ass,Damn,Sex,Dick,Pussy" , then you really need to go see a doctor.
Everybody uses them... all the time.


BBS Signature
iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 06:59 PM Reply

yeah How corrupt would america be if there was no FCC. Sure at first it would be cool after a while it would warp the childrens minds and have a nation of violencent sex pervs.


£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
Sir-Davey
Sir-Davey
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 07:01 PM Reply

At 4/24/04 06:57 PM, 1337_Baka wrote: i agree 110%, btw i like ur sig :) techno rox =D

=D Thanks! I actually spent some time making that stupid sig.


BBS Signature
RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Member since: Sep. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 07:15 PM Reply

"They're ought to be limits on freedom of speach"
-- fearless leader, paraphrased...


The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature
PoptartKing
PoptartKing
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 4/24/04 06:59 PM, Iscrulz wrote: yeah How corrupt would america be if there was no FCC. Sure at first it would be cool after a while it would warp the childrens minds and have a nation of violencent sex pervs.

Valid point. I think I have an idea though. First, make the FCC a cabinent level department. Then when George W Bush inevitably loses the next election, that communazi Chairman will be walking out the door with most of the other department heads.

AngelisNoctum
AngelisNoctum
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 07:30 PM Reply

I hate censorship, too. I remember when I was younger, my parents wouldn't let me get CD's that had "Parental Advisory" on them. FUCK THE BITCH THAT MADE PARENTAL ADVISORY!!!

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 07:37 PM Reply

At 4/24/04 06:59 PM, Iscrulz wrote: yeah How corrupt would america be if there was no FCC.

Speaking of the FCC; have any of you seen the early '90s movie Pump Up The Volume?

Well, it is about a teen who has a radio transmitter in his basement who exposes a corrupt school system and the FCC get on his ass.

You guys should see it.

mrmcsinister
mrmcsinister
  • Member since: Dec. 1, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 07:39 PM Reply

The reason why you see soo much censorship in today's media is because of the interests of the powers that be. The Jewish media lords have found a nice way to work along side the American (AND CANADIAN!) government in an effort to make everybody a little more wealthier using the current system of corruption and oligopoly.

If this sounds confusing to you, you can join a community that will understand you and assist you in further education in nationalist related issues: www.stormfront.org/forum

Feel free to become a member, or just post in the Opposing Views forum if you find somethings you don't agree with or need to be informed about.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 07:49 PM Reply

At 4/24/04 07:39 PM, smokeuman wrote: in an effort to make everybody a little more wealthier

Why would the government want to make people richer anyway? Sure, most Europeans know about the Jewish media conspiracy, but I think they want people to buy more things and side with Isreal.

BTW, I'm not against Jewish people or their religion, but worry about the ones with the greatest money and power.

<deleted>
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 07:57 PM Reply

At 4/24/04 06:59 PM, Iscrulz wrote: yeah How corrupt would america be if there was no FCC. Sure at first it would be cool after a while it would warp the childrens minds and have a nation of violencent sex pervs.

I'm hoping that you're joking.

Civilization has been built up through human thought. Censorship has only slowed us down. It is inevitable that we only procede, that we all become more mature, etc. The idea that censorship is keeping us all sane is idiotic (I'm not calling you an idiot, I'm calling the idea idiotic. Keep that in mind).

Here is an example. Galileo thought against the works of Aristotle. Because the Church accepted the works of Aristotle, they did not like the fact that Galileo was going against it. We all know what happened. In fact, the fact that the church prohibited everything but aristotle slowed down the process of mankind for a few hundred years. Slowed down because they CENSORED THE VOICE OF OTHERS!!

Alright, now you're thinking that this is a bad analogy because this shows no constraits on sex or profanity. No, this is just an example of censorship. Here's another thing:

Back when we were cavemen, we did not have censorship. We then started making small societies, still without censorship. Then we built our early civilizations, which still excluded censorship. At this time, we had things like Hummarabbi's (sic?) Code or any other set of laws. LAWS. As in we became more tame. We didn't have any insulting words until much much much later. Today, we wish to remove these words from the vocabulary of the people from today. So now you're telling me that if we decide to keep them uncensored, we will all go on a violent rampage? How come people in Egypt didn't kill each other off? Or the greeks (don't even bother mentioning the Great War. That was caused by an affair)? Or the Romans?

Please rethink your comment.

shak3s
shak3s
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 08:24 PM Reply

At 4/24/04 07:30 PM, -Bio- wrote: I hate censorship, too. I remember when I was younger, my parents wouldn't let me get CD's that had "Parental Advisory" on them. FUCK THE BITCH THAT MADE PARENTAL ADVISORY!!!

Your talking about 'Tipper Stickers'. That battle was lead by the wife of former VP Al Gore. Tipper Gore is a strong supporter of decency and the moral majority. She is in the same league as the folks at Walmart and Blockbuster Video that tell artists in production what content to put into their creation, if it to be sold in their stores.
Personally, the idea of Parental Advisory stickers is not so bad; it allows parents to filter what their impressionable children can see and hear. That is their priviledge to raise their children as they see fit, until it is time for them to leave the nest.
You will need to convince your parents that you have reached a maturity that you can't be unduly influenced by the contents of popular media.

I am against censorship but forcontrol of 'free speech'. For example should you be allowed to:

Walk into a crowded theater and yell "FIRE" when there isn't one.
Publish instructions on how to build a nuclear bomb.
Put a sign in your front yard declaring your next door neighbor is a slut.
Show porno to 6 year old kids.
Yell to the grocery store manager "Where are the fucking eggplants?".

Obviously there are some things that you shouldn't do, so there will be lots of stuff that fall into the grey area, that require a judgement call. If you are a teenager than you are a noob in life and don't get the opportunity to make those judgement calls.
Sure it sucks, but only for a few years.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 08:37 PM Reply

At 4/24/04 07:57 PM, Nohimn wrote: We didn't have any insulting words until much much much later. Today, we wish to remove these words from the vocabulary of the people from today.

Words are so overated. I mean there are a lot of synomins, but only one of those is considered a bad word.

Fuck = Have sex, Shag, Bang, Boink, etc
Shit = Poo, Scat, Feces, Droppings, etc
Bitch = Female dog, Mad woman, Slave, etc
Ass = Donkey, Butt, Idiot, etc
Cunt = Vagina, Pussy, Fish, etc

If the other synonims aren't offensive, then why are the original ones?

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 08:48 PM Reply

At 4/24/04 08:24 PM, shak3s wrote: Walk into a crowded theater and yell "FIRE" when there isn't one.

No, that creates physical problems - People like that should just be publically humiliated though.

Publish instructions on how to build a nuclear bomb.

Why not? No one has the plutonium anyway - Though making them register in the site would be a good deteurant.

Put a sign in your front yard declaring your next door neighbor is a slut.

Why not? If she knows something sensitive about you, then you would think twice. Still, people are liars.

Show porno to 6 year old kids.

Banner ads?

Yell to the grocery store manager "Where are the fucking eggplants?".

Same thing as "Where are the darn eggplants?". Don't tell me they aren't the same just because society finds fuck offensive.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 4/24/04 09:00 PM, 1337_Baka wrote: you have a very interesting way of thinking painbringer

Thanks.

I'm just being objective, that's all.

Scrogginaut
Scrogginaut
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 09:32 PM Reply

woah tell it like it is, ive seen that video clip and it rocks the house, i saw it for the first time yesterday and yeah, Fuck goerge bush up the ass with a silver-studded dildo for all i care, he
shouldnt be president anymroe and if he his the voting system is rigged :)


BBS Signature
shak3s
shak3s
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 09:51 PM Reply

At 4/24/04 08:48 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 4/24/04 08:24 PM, shak3s wrote: Walk into a crowded theater and yell "FIRE" when there isn't one.
No, that creates physical problems - People like that should just be publically humiliated though.

We don't do that because it's wrong, legally and morally

Publish instructions on how to build a nuclear bomb.
Why not? No one has the plutonium anyway - Though making them register in the site would be a good deteurant.

The point is to illustrate that dangerous information should not be given to anyone without regard to weather or not they could or would use that information that is harmful to others. I have the instructions for mutating a virus from a common cold into an incureable airborn variety that multiplies in temperatures from freezing to boiling. All can be accomplished with readily available materials, a real planet killer. Should I publish my recipe? Obviously not - our society is far from the maturity it needs to handle the technology it already posses.

Put a sign in your front yard declaring your next door neighbor is a slut.
Why not? If she knows something sensitive about you, then you would think twice. Still, people are liars.

The unmentioned asssumption is that the neighbor is not a slut. Lying about people is illegal, and rightfully so.

Show porno to 6 year old kids.
Banner ads?

There are many complex things that we don't get to fully understand until we experience some adult life. Exposing a developing mind and personality to advanced life subjects inhibits that individual to develop properly. Any doubts, watch Jerry Springer.

Yell to the grocery store manager "Where are the fucking eggplants?".
Same thing as "Where are the darn eggplants?". Don't tell me they aren't the same just because society finds fuck offensive.

'Darn' is certainly more acceptable than 'fucking'. A linguist may be able to explain why some words come and go from beingg acceptable in general conversation. I do not choose my words out of fear of the consequences, rather, I respect others and choose my vocabulary based on the situation that I am in. I do not say "Where are the fucking eggplants?" or "There are too many <N-word> here." One statement I could be shunned, the other I could be injured. ( I don't use the 'n' word in any general conversation)
Words will come and go. Censorship is wrong; limiting the power of speech is not censorship. Until this world grows up, censorship, limits and hate will exist and may wll be our demise.

PoptartKing
PoptartKing
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to A rant on Censorship Apr. 24th, 2004 @ 10:00 PM Reply

At 4/24/04 07:39 PM, smokeuman wrote: The Jewish media lords have found a nice way to work along side the American (AND CANADIAN!) government in an effort to make everybody a little more wealthier using the current system of corruption and oligopoly.

I knew it! Damn Jews, I bet their working with the ubiquitous Illuminati. And the kangaroos, they're more intellegent than they let on. Seriously now, the idea that Jewish people are part of a gargantuan conspiracy that threatens us white anglo-saxon protestants is just really naive.