New Topic Respond to this Topic
kirbiboh
kirbiboh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Art Portal problem May. 15th, 2011 @ 06:14 AM Reply

I first want to sincerely apologize if this is the wrong place to be posting this. I'd rather not post this here seeing as how it's related to the art portal on ng, but not really art in any way. I couldn't find a forum on ng that just related to troubleshooting or anything, though.

Anyways, my problem is that for some reason (only within the last week or two) I can't seem to click on the art ratings (E, T, M, A). I go to the art portal and try to sort art using those and for some reason when i click on any of the letters, nothing happens. When my curosr hovers over the letter icons, the icon DOES change to have the x over it or brighten, but nothing happens when I click.

A small problem, I realize, but I tried looking around and couldn't find a solution anywhere. So, hoping someone here might have a solution. Thanks.

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Portal problem May. 15th, 2011 @ 06:30 AM Reply

At 5/15/11 06:14 AM, kirbiboh wrote:

I'd rather not post this here seeing as how it's related to the art portal on ng, but not really art in any way.
... what? "Art forum", how's that not really art?

I couldn't find a forum on ng that just related to troubleshooting or anything, though.

The Where is/How to forum is the troubleshoting forum, like it says in the description.

Anyways, my problem is that for some reason (only within the last week or two) I can't seem to click on the art ratings (E, T, M, A). I go to the art portal and try to sort art using those and for some reason when i click on any of the letters, nothing happens. When my curosr hovers over the letter icons, the icon DOES change to have the x over it or brighten, but nothing happens when I click.

Odd. Just to make sure, you're only clicking on it once? You don't have a slow connection, and you allow for the rating filtering system to work a few seconds?

Try clicking the E, the majority of the pics in the portal are E rated pics, so the portal will noticeably change if all those pics are switched off.

What internet browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser, to see if that has any effect?

BBS Signature
kirbiboh
kirbiboh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal problem May. 15th, 2011 @ 06:40 AM Reply

My bad about posting this in the wrong place.

Yeah, I am only clicking on it once. My connection is not slow (everything else works completely smoothly and fast). And, yes, I have allowed time to pass. I tried a couple times clicking on it and just leaving it there for a while and did other stuff and came back to it. Still nothing.

I tried clicking on E. No change. I don't get it. I'm using internet explorer 9. I haven't tried another browser. I guess I could do that, but everything else is working just fine. It's weird that it was working up until a couple of weeks ago, too.

UnsraW
UnsraW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal problem Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 08:24 AM Reply

I have the exact same problem, one day the ability to press those just... vanished, the icons are still there, but i can't seem to press them at all.

I will try to use a different browser, although i find it sad if it is something newgrounds does to get people to use different browsers instead of internet explorer

We all like it hard ;P

Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Portal problem Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 10:25 AM Reply

At 10/25/11 08:24 AM, UnsraW wrote: I have the exact same problem, one day the ability to press those just... vanished, the icons are still there, but i can't seem to press them at all.

I will try to use a different browser, although i find it sad if it is something newgrounds does to get people to use different browsers instead of internet explorer

I don't think it's something newgrounds does to influence you choice of browser. More likely something Microsoft has done in the process of creating the shittiest browser in existence.

BBS Signature
CommonOddity
CommonOddity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal problem Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 01:22 AM Reply

At 10/25/11 10:36 AM, Larkatosa wrote: I had the same problem. Switched to firefox .. all gone!

Funny enough, I just saw this thread and tried the same thing. The issue still persists even with Firefox. Not sure what is causing this but I don't think it's isolated to only one browser. For that matter, why would this work for one person and differ for another?

Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to Art Portal problem Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 09:20 AM Reply

not working for me in chrome or firefox

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
beethovensfifth
beethovensfifth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Art Portal problem Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 06:09 PM Reply

Did anyone figure out what it was? I'm still experiencing this problem.

PikmanAnsatsusha
PikmanAnsatsusha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Art Portal problem Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 12:14 AM Reply

At 12/24/12 06:09 PM, beethovensfifth wrote: Did anyone figure out what it was? I'm still experiencing this problem.

I'm having the same exact problem. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Internet explorer! None of them work for me.

Confusion and surprise are your friends! Use the cover of Darkness wisely!
If you hear my war cry, your already dead!
I'm apparently in the Airforce; Someone screwed up. XD

Argosas
Argosas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Art Portal problem Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 03:49 AM Reply

same here on chrome. Couple of days back i simply couldnt get nothing sorted anymore. nomater how you click it.

A.K.A. GOD

Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to Art Portal problem Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 09:10 AM Reply

cleared cache; works again.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature