New Topic Respond to this Topic
Dapper
Dapper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 05:19 AM Reply

What in your opinion is the worst type of gamer? It can be anyone like general noobs, 12 year olds or even ragequitters.

I personally hate artfags/indiefags. You know, the kind of people who criticize mainstream games for the sake of it being mainstream, despite the fact that these mainstream games are probably pretty fun to play. I'll take a typical comment from gamespot to show you what I mean:

"I assumed this would happen sooner than later. It's a shame that recycling the same old crap and churning out sequels is what makes money in the video game industry. You've got people trying something new and completely original (the Borderlands developers) and people adding depth to their previous games (the Assassin's Creed II or Uncharted 2 devs), then you've got developers who play it safe and recycle the same engine, and add some plot twists to the story rather than trying to reinvent much of anything."

Comments like these may be worryingly true, but these games are fun. Every Call of Duty since Modern Warfare may be the exact same every year, but they're fun. That's why people play it.

Anyway, so what is your least favourite type of gamer?

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESY ESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

BBS Signature
greatmonk
greatmonk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 05:53 AM Reply

I just hate the type that only critisizes graphics. How noobish are they?!

-Larry the monk

HammerBrute
HammerBrute
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 06:25 AM Reply

Elitist PC gamers are the worst. The ones who always say that PC gaming is superior to consoles for whatever reason.
They're also just complete pretentious wankers.

Come on in, be a guy, pull up a chair!

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 07:10 AM Reply

Ragequitters/quitters

I don't play a lot of online myself but my brother does. He likes to play PES online. Just football matches against random people. A lot of the time when the other person is losing you will find that they either shut their console full down (or idk how they do it) so the game gets disconnected or stopped, or they will just pause the game and hope that the person winning will give up before they do. They have timers on these games now, but I think it's like 10 minutes and not many gamers want to wait 10 minutes just to receive about 20 points for their profile.

My story isn't very good.

I just hate people who cannot accept their defeat and have to try to cheat to stop themselves losing.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 07:16 AM Reply

Fanboys

Well, maybe not all fanboys. There's nothing wrong with being loyal to a particular game/series/console, but the fanboys who like to think that their opinion is superior to everyone else just really annoys me. They seem to have some kind of personal vendetta against everyone with different interests to them. Why does it bother them so much that I enjoy playing on my Xbox more than my PS3? I can't see how it actually effects them in any way at all, yet they act like I've committed some kind of immoral act.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Mavilicious
Mavilicious
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 07:29 AM Reply

Ragequitter's by far I hate it when they scream "This game is to hard!".... it's meant to be... IWBTG Players are especially guilty.

This Science Facility is now corrupt please click the image to visit our new one...

BBS Signature
AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 09:40 AM Reply

Fanboys. You can't talk about a specific system or your computer specs without someone saying "lawl Dell compootur" or "ps3 iz bettur than xbx." I hate that shit. Really? I mean it's all preference and people need to just deal with it. That's the type of thing that pisses me off, opinionated fanboy dicks.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Movie Buff
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 09:49 AM Reply

At 5/14/11 07:10 AM, Gagsy wrote: Ragequitters/quitters

I don't play a lot of online myself but my brother does. He likes to play PES online...

Same story here with my brother who likes to play Fifa 2011 online. Lots of people just disconnect whenever they're losing big time. Good that they changed the rules so that if you give up or disconnect you'll automatically lose with 3-0, but it's still annoying that people just ragequit whenever they're clearly outclassed. What's also a bit annoying is that EVERYBODY plays with either Real Madrid, Chelsea, Barcelona or Inter Milan, but that's outside the scope of this topic.

Anyway, what I personally think is a bad type of gamer is someone who just doesn't take time to enjoy a game. The kind of person that will just skip through every dialogue in the game and gives up quickly if things are getting a little hard or if he doesn't know what to do (often because he didn't bother to read the dialogues).

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 15 March 2014)

BBS Signature
RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 10:04 AM Reply

At 5/14/11 09:49 AM, Auz wrote: but it's still annoying that people just ragequit whenever they're clearly outclassed.

I don't know really, when you're down 15 to 0 and every pass you intercept is taken to the goal immediately, because you suck and that other guy is a high professional. I can understand that you get like "Fuck this." especially if the other takes this occasion to taunt you for being such a sad piece of ridicule.

Personally, with very few PvP experience, I wager hackers and poor sportsmanship are annoying. Plainly people fighting dirty as fuck. Like corpse camping or spancamping, so they shoot you as soon as you respawn unarmed.

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!
Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.
Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

BBS Signature
SergeantLuke
SergeantLuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 10:22 AM Reply

These two types share my lowest spot:

-"Hardcore" gamers who refuse to play anything that doesn't have immense amounts of blood and gore.

-"True Hardcore" gamers who cling to their NES's, avoid anything that's currently popular and refuse to play anything that DOES have immense amounts of blood and gore.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Audiophile
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 10:43 AM Reply

People who think CoD is the only game ever made.

''You have an Xbox?''

''Yeah''

''What Prestige are you?''

ALL OF MY RAGE

BBS Signature
KeithHybrid
KeithHybrid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 11:18 AM Reply

At 5/14/11 06:25 AM, HammerBrute wrote: Elitist PC gamers are the worst. The ones who always say that PC gaming is superior to consoles for whatever reason.

Agree'd, though there is probably one type of gamer worse than that: the Sonic fantard, a creature of impossibly high standards and complete and total moral and mental decay.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature
Danavers
Danavers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 11:24 AM Reply

The Battlefield fanboys who criticize COD fanboys even though they are far more fanboyish.

"Battlefield is for men, COD is for boys."

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 12:24 PM Reply

everyone posting in this thread

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 12:46 PM Reply

I don't play online, but that doesn't keep me from hating the 12 year olds who say things like;
"OMG U KILD ME FUKIN N00B!!!!1!"
And when I give them a logical response like;
"That's the point of the whole game."
They'll say;
"STFU N00B I FUK UR MUM LOLZ OWND!!!!!!!!!!!!1lasxmzcxxbcaxj"

Sorry, kind of raged my keyboard there.

Basically, these brats.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnNU7iBZ5 _Q&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_2 97383

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
BrandonXDD
BrandonXDD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 02:03 PM Reply

I hate when youre playing zombie games specifically, and if you screw up the whole team decides to votekick you for a minor flaw. I'm sorry I couldn't revive you. I was being attacked by all the zombies you failed to kill, plus the zombies that were originally after me. Maybe you shouldn't have shot that witch or used your medkit when you still had 50+ health.

and for COD, I don't know what windows yours when you're running around the map jumping off the stairs.

and also, the people on Halo who teamkill you because you took the sniper rifle. Or when they take the sniper rifle, suck with it. I pick it up after they die with it, then teamkill me to get it back. Or blow up my Banshee cuz I got it first. Grow up. it'll respawn.

and more recently Brink. "MEDIC! HALP! HAAALP!... fuck it" *Cortex detonator*

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 02:35 PM Reply

I hate those hypocrites who will call you out for disliking a game because of one aspect, but talk about how awesome a game is because of one single aspect.

For example:
"If you prefer Game X over Game Y you must prefer graphics over gameplay. Game Y is better than Game X and here's why; <short essay about Game Y's better-than-Game X's plot and only the plot>"

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 02:40 PM Reply

At 5/14/11 09:18 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Idiots who think that new Sonic is bad. It's fine.

Which Sonic? The classic Sonic or the new ones? Cause the new ones are pretty bad. They could be really good, but they're always full of bugs and have terrible NPCs. I think they focus too much on the graphics for cutscenes.

Also sore losers.

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 5/14/11 02:40 PM, Squidbit wrote:
At 5/14/11 09:18 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Idiots who think that new Sonic is bad. It's fine.
Which Sonic? The classic Sonic or the new ones?

I think he means the people who jizz all over Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and cherry pick, picking the worst Sonic games and acting like all of them are that bad. The people who talk about how bad Sonic 4 and Sonic Colors are really just jump on the hate bandwagon.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 03:03 PM Reply

People who take games way to seriously and get enraged when they lose. I also hate people with shitty headsets. Don't buy a $5 piece of shit and use it in the game. Nobody wants to hear your shitty and muffled voice.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 03:30 PM Reply

Any player who thinks that just because they know some sort of glitch, it makes them superior. I told some fucking retarded kid in RDR that I didn't give a fuck that he was off the map, he told me that he fucked my mom. I told him to fuck himself and got everyone to kick him from the server.

"Where I fall ten more shall take my place! And one-hundred each of them! So strike me down! I am the harbinger!"-Ollanius Pius

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 03:38 PM Reply

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

Magic-Mushroom
Magic-Mushroom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 03:45 PM Reply

At 5/14/11 03:03 PM, Cootie wrote: People who take games way to seriously and get enraged when they lose. I also hate people with shitty headsets. Don't buy a $5 piece of shit and use it in the game. Nobody wants to hear your shitty and muffled voice.

MMPH MMMMPH MM HMPMPMHP HMMPH.

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Audiophile
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 03:46 PM Reply

At 5/14/11 02:45 PM, Chdonga wrote:
I think he means the people who jizz all over Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and cherry pick, picking the worst Sonic games and acting like all of them are that bad. The people who talk about how bad Sonic 4 and Sonic Colors are really just jump on the hate bandwagon.

I haven't played Sonic Colors but Sonic 4 really was a heap of shit. Or at least episode 1 was.

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 03:50 PM Reply

Gamers who criticize other gamers... how sad is that

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 03:54 PM Reply

At 5/14/11 06:25 AM, HammerBrute wrote: Elitist PC gamers are the worst. The ones who always say that PC gaming is superior to consoles for whatever reason.

THANK YOU, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I hate having a partner that blames someone else for his own suckage. Especially in Halo 3, COD, and left 4 dead. AlsoI hate rage quitters and people who turn off their system in the middle of a game, which fucks everyone's connection up although sometimes they may not have a choice.

People who complain every time they die or get attacked can shut the fuck up. It's gonna happen so quit bitching.

Oh and hackers that affect game play can suck my nuts too.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Vegemorph
Vegemorph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 03:57 PM Reply

People who take the game way too seriously. It's a game, and it's meant to be fun. I'm not impressed that you got to wave 60 in zombies by yourself, but it would impress me if you would make playing with you enjoyable for one day.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 04:18 PM Reply

I think he means the people who jizz all over Sonic Adventure 1 and 2

But Sonic adventure 1 and 2 were awesome....

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 04:23 PM Reply

At 5/14/11 07:16 AM, Dean wrote: Fanboys

Well, maybe not all fanboys. There's nothing wrong with being loyal to a particular game/series/console, but the fanboys who like to think that their opinion is superior to everyone else just really annoys me. They seem to have some kind of personal vendetta against everyone with different interests to them. Why does it bother them so much that I enjoy playing on my Xbox more than my PS3? I can't see how it actually effects them in any way at all, yet they act like I've committed some kind of immoral act.

Blame console wars. I agree alot of fans can be retarded, especially twilight and sadly, sonic fans..excluding me.

QOTW:

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Audiophile
Response to Worst type of gamer? May. 14th, 2011 @ 04:54 PM Reply

At 5/14/11 04:18 PM, roderickii wrote:
I think he means the people who jizz all over Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
But Sonic adventure 1 and 2 were awesome....

When they were new... actually, no, not even then. They were always a flaming bag of ass in my eyes.

BBS Signature