00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

knehzoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Modern Warfare 3 announced!

34,377 Views | 412 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-12-03 17:50:49

At 12/3/11 05:18 PM, Makeshift wrote: The Striker, FMG9s, and Type 95 are the reasons I won't play this game very long. They need to do something with those.

I don't think they're that big of a deal

Rather than nerf those guns i'd rather see the other shotguns get a buff.

Sick of having to 2 shot with a Model at point blank.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-12-03 18:10:46

In other news.. At rank 56 (no prestige) I have a .70 K/D and a 19.76% accuracy.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-12-04 06:55:43

At 12/3/11 06:10 PM, ChimeraNoise wrote: In other news.. At rank 56 (no prestige) I have a .70 K/D and a 19.76% accuracy.

The only thing good about that is the accuracy

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-12-17 08:24:35

you half to level 80 to prestige now

Modern Warfare 3 announced!

]]]]]]]]]]][::::::::::::::::::::::> slice

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-12-17 16:49:47

At 12/3/11 05:50 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 12/3/11 05:18 PM, Makeshift wrote: The Striker, FMG9s, and Type 95 are the reasons I won't play this game very long. They need to do something with those.
I don't think they're that big of a deal

Rather than nerf those guns i'd rather see the other shotguns get a buff.

Sick of having to 2 shot with a Model at point blank.

Shotguns are supposed to be powerfull at close range, especially since COD has bad habit to make them very useless in medium/long ranges.

Type95 and FMG9 akimbo are clearly too powerfull, sure one guy using them isn't big deal but when there are more of them in same team it can be irritating to die before you get the change to shoot

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-12-17 21:06:16

At 12/3/11 05:50 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Sick of having to 2 shot with a Model at point blank.

Damn right that's annoying. I had patience and managed to level up the 1887 to 23 or whatever the level is when the range proficiency is unlocked. Still pretty rough to use, and I didn't feel like waiting around to 28 for the damage proficiency.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-12-18 19:52:10

At 12/4/11 06:55 AM, Aprime wrote:
The only thing good about that is the accuracy

Well I didn't say it was good.

I'm at .85 K/D with 21.14% accuracy now at rank 27 first prestige.
Would be better, but I was sucking for awhile.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-12-18 19:53:45

At 12/18/11 07:52 PM, ChimeraNoise wrote:
Well I didn't say it was good.

I'm at .85 K/D with 21.14% accuracy now at rank 27 first prestige.
Would be better, but I was sucking for awhile.

inb4 "you still suck"

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-12-18 23:47:08

I played it once. It was MW2 so I stopped playing.

The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-12-19 03:28:54

Is it true that there is DLC expected every month for nine months? I've tried using Google but I'm struggling to find a good source and I've not really been following MW3 at all. I've been tempted to buy the game with some Christmas money that I received because several of my friends are COD fanboys, but knowing I'd be paying £10 (I'd assume) every month for new maps really puts me off.

I know the DLC is optional, but I'm certain my friends will all buy them (or get them free with Elite) and I'd feel like I have to buy them, otherwise I wouldn't be able to join in properly.

To be honest, I was trying to avoid buying MW3 anyway, but if this map pack a month for nine months is true, I'm pretty sure I wont bother buying the game.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-12-19 04:16:38

At 12/19/11 03:28 AM, Dean wrote: Is it true that there is DLC expected every month for nine months?

From my understanding from when Elite was first announced (haven't looked into it since), every month a new map would be released for Elite subscribers, then a few months later when a few maps had been released, it would be released as a map pack for non-Elite players. I assume this would then cycle for the usual two or so map packs.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-12-19 04:26:07

At 12/19/11 04:16 AM, Chumbawamba wrote: every month a new map would be released for Elite subscribers, then a few months later when a few maps had been released, it would be released as a map pack for non-Elite players.

Ah, I see. That seems far more reasonable and, I guess, more likely. If this is how they actually plan on doing it, then I might just be tempted to pick up a copy. I've bought every COD game since 3 and despite the opinion of many others, I've never really felt let down by any of them so I can't see this one being a game I wont enjoy.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-12-19 08:44:20

I plan on getting Elite, I'm sick of most of these maps already.

Resistance and Arkaden over and over...

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-12-19 09:38:24

At 12/19/11 04:16 AM, Chumbawamba wrote: From my understanding from when Elite was first announced (haven't looked into it since), every month a new map would be released for Elite subscribers, then a few months later when a few maps had been released, it would be released as a map pack for non-Elite players.

Nah, there is 9 packs coming (not all map packs), elite get them a couple of weeks early and then normal people can buy them. First pack starts January (which is a 5 map pack) so I'm guessing elite will get them at the beginning and at the end they'll put them up for sale.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2012-01-01 18:51:23

Anyone up for some MW3 tonight?

Gamertag: Radec360

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2012-01-02 21:20:38

What about the pp90m1?
That gun with steady aim is absolutely devestating.
You rarely have to aim while using it.

I love life but life has a boyfriend.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2012-05-02 03:21:40

At 11/25/11 02:33 AM, Protagonist wrote:
by that logic every pokemon game is an expansion pack, or every game that basically chooses not to change it's mechanics. Really, every new pokemon game is just the same thing with new sprites?

It's for that exact same reason that I stopped playing pokemon after my balls dropped.

you guys are just picking on COD because it's the cool thing to do. Call the fans what you like, idiots, kids, suckers. Point is, it's got a huge fanbase, it's obviously doing SOMETHING right.

Less because it's "the cool thing to do" and more because I don't believe shitty companies should be allowed to thrive. It's the exact same reason that I don't give my money to Mcdonald's in the name of high blood pressure, poor customer service, and greasy bland hamburgers.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2012-06-20 12:35:03

For anyone still playing MW3 (lol), it was just announced that Terminal (from MW2) will be added to map rotations for free. This will be the third free map we've received in MW3. Funny how this all comes after Robert Bowling left, considering some people thought that the reasons for his resignation were his remarks on wanting free DLC.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2012-07-14 12:32:32

Haven't seen that in the rotation.... Did this actually happen?

Also I decided to put on silencer and noob tube for all those times they disappear around corners when I already put two bullets in em. It actually works quite well :D

Musician and aspiring Voice Actor

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2012-07-14 13:02:16

it might get me to play more on regular game modes all i have been playing is infected i don't to deal with bullshit noobtubing and other crap this fucking game has but yeah and i hope it's also for infected

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2012-07-15 00:00:01

Atleast it keeps most of the retarded community away from other shooters like ARMA and Red Orchestra.

One good thing about music, is that when it hits you, you feel no pain.

-Bob Marley

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2012-07-15 19:01:38

At 7/15/12 12:00 AM, Blazirc wrote: Atleast it keeps most of the retarded community away from other shooters like ARMA and Red Orchestra.

The community is full of dickheads. I get insulted when I play Modern Warfare 2 online because my gamertag is "MotherBound64". Those fuckers haven't even heard of the EarthBound/Mother series. Only one person I met MW2 online understood what my gamertag means. I wanted to change my gamertag but I have to pay 800 Microsoft points or 10 dollars to change it.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2012-07-15 22:15:43

At 7/15/12 07:01 PM, ZeldaFan64DS wrote:
At 7/15/12 12:00 AM, Blazirc wrote: Atleast it keeps most of the retarded community away from other shooters like ARMA and Red Orchestra.
The community is full of dickheads. I get insulted when I play Modern Warfare 2 online because my gamertag is "MotherBound64". Those fuckers haven't even heard of the EarthBound/Mother series. Only one person I met MW2 online understood what my gamertag means. I wanted to change my gamertag but I have to pay 800 Microsoft points or 10 dollars to change it.

Why you listening to haters? Just smoke em :D

Also noob tubes and explosives in general are WAY underpowered now. I still call it noob tube because of tradition. Also like I said it is good for FINISHING people off, not killing them straight up. Also I only see people using noob tubes once every 30 games or so. Have gotten killed by maybe 3 and I am at 14000 kills... (That's the only number to indicate how many games I have played that I remember)

Musician and aspiring Voice Actor