Respond to this Topic
Wegra
Wegra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Movie Buff
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 07:10 PM Reply

Auuugh I'm so excited I could just... JACK OFF!!

I have a penis

BBS Signature
xxmantisxx
xxmantisxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Programmer
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 07:13 PM Reply

At 5/5/11 05:22 PM, EggoBleeder wrote: Will NG support GameMaker?

I would bet not, although that would be amazingly awesome, i don't think that any site other than yoyogames will ever do that...

View my games if you want to see some bad games!!!

BBS Signature
Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 07:20 PM Reply

i lost my motivation to animate tom help!!!!

I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
reaper-of-ratings
reaper-of-ratings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 5/5/11 04:57 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/5/11 04:46 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: Anything about audio submissions??????????????/
Decided to save that stuff for the surprise portion.

hes deleting the audio portal - and every user in it :P

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 5/5/11 07:10 PM, Wegra wrote: Auuugh I'm so excited I could just... JACK OFF!!

I already did... Guess I'll just DO IT AGAIN!!

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Salnax
Salnax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 5/5/11 04:41 PM, TomFulp wrote: We are finally making use of the genre data we've been collecting in recent years. Games and Movies will have a much more robust browsing system, similar to the Art Portal.

Yes! Yes!

Annual Winners and Redesign Info!

PinkSkull
PinkSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 5/5/11 06:08 PM, MentalMyles wrote: God, I remember the redesign in 2007 and how awesome it was. This will be fucking epic! :D

It was in 2007?
God, I'm old. Now that I remember I even lived on another house back then. I remember all the hype about it and Tom delaying it and the April Fool's etc... time flies u.u

I love the idea of separate movies/games awards, it's kind of necesary.

Also the video-format thing opens a whole lot of possibilities.

My only doubt is, the portal will change? Or why will there be a "classic portal"? I know it can't be the "flash portal" anymore because of the format, but why not just keep it as the "portal"?

PinkSkull
PinkSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 07:26 PM Reply

Also, voting on art and audio should add to your experience points as well. Just saying...

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 07:26 PM Reply

I really look forward to the redesign, hope it comes sooner than later.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 07:41 PM Reply

Looking forward to the redesign.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 07:55 PM Reply

I'm glad that Newgrounds make a re-design every 3-4 years, not like that Facebook shit that changes every month. I can't wait for the redesign, I better update the icons of my movies.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet
Art Page|Art Thread|DeviantArt|Twitter

BBS Signature
Pride
Pride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 08:34 PM Reply

Haha nice, some of those winners were surprising (but they deserved it obviously). Good luck with the redesign, I can't wait to see all the new bell and whistles and shit.

Also, I only can hope that Luis isn't one of the people that gets naked lmao
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 08:49 PM Reply

Hey congrats to the winners, especially xKore and bahamut, since they are awesome and should be noted as such!

I'm glad you didn't tell us about the music part because that just gives me/us something to really look forward to and maybe stay on the site a bit longer ;P

sixflab
sixflab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 08:57 PM Reply

Cool stuff. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to implement all of this when the time comes.

ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 09:09 PM Reply

Great news Tom,can't wait for the redesign to launch!

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 09:13 PM Reply

I have an idea.... If you are an artist of some sort you should have an option available in your account management.

The option is to toggle ON or OFF, whether or not you get a PM when somebody reviews one of your submissions. So people who get front paged submissions would be smart to turn it off, but people who aren't recognized in flash or audio would have it set to ON so that they can know when they get a review.

It is easier this way because when you go through your audio submissions for example, and you have like... 40 submissions it's tough to see if one got reviewed unless you slowly scan through, and besides that it would just be easy you know?

Just a thought... I think it would be pretty snazzy.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 09:30 PM Reply

How about Unity support?

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
cdjproductions
cdjproductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 09:35 PM Reply

Well, this is pretty awesome, although I'm going to miss the classic layout (except the search bar's general results in the BBS and Flash search). I hope the look of it stays similar to how it is now. As for the audio portal, I'd like to be able to do sub-genre name searches, like look for "chaoz fantasy" under "general rock" for instance, as well as possibly having audio tags. Also, think we'll be getting additional visualizations for the audio player itself?

This account is now defunct and will now serve as an alt - _)-UltimateCJ64-(_
Seriously, I'm serious.

Neophyte-Ronin
Neophyte-Ronin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 09:59 PM Reply

As long as there is a Blam/Save protocol and judgment phase, expanding the available file types from the typical .swf will not be a severe problem.

I want to see a Blam/Save protocol regarding the Art and Audio portals. Songs and pictures can take as much time to make as a Flash of comparable quality. Points for Blamming and Protecting music and art allow voters to chip away at all the useless techno and noise tracks. Maybe the complaints about zero bombing in the Audio portal will become a thing of the past, since the fear of getting blammed runs deeper; zero-bombers are a mere annoyance right now. As is the case with Flash submittions, authors cannot be barred from submitting a modified/improved version of said piece. Good way to impose some good old fashioned rote learning on everybody, not just flash authors.

Such thoughts are wasted, since the redesign is slated to happen sometime in June and nobody is going to gut the code just to homogenize every portals' M.O. Wishful thinking, yet again. If there is one thing I would greatly appreciate, it is a far more stringent portal. Raise the requirements to pass Judgment to such a degree that one needs to surpass a very high threshold. Such a change will irk the underdog author, but it will also cripple the spamgrinders infesting this site like an armada of troll-manned ghost accounts.

The more abrasive crews might still find avenues around this, but that's where a blacklist function pays off. Warn viewers before they click "Play" that the reputation of the flash's author(s) is less than savory and that you hit play at your own risk. This is generated by both how many zero votes and zero reviews have been produced as a response to the author's material. The existence of a blacklist may not prevent the audience from pushing play, but it influences votes in a subtle, perhaps sinister fashion that undermines an errant author's ability or even desire to submit spam that passes judgment. While his buddies will vote ten or at least one in the reviews and spam the five button, only the tally of zeroes is brought to this equation--how many of those got racked up. The threshold between someone who just gets reviewed and voted bad by an audience that doesn't get it, to the utter prick who deserves every ungodly word, depends upon how many protected submissions exist, and their scores. The number of times an author has gotten blammed also plays into whether a blacklist warning appears or not. See, even if a submission gets blammed, the thing ought to haunt the errant author wherever he goes. Anything that ever got the whistle blown, flagged, and was found to be abusive--and still doesn't get the author kicked out for whatever reason--would increase the blacklist tally tenfold next to something that got blammed simply because it sucked.

These suggestions are cruel and unusual perhaps, definitely insane (but who's the writer of this post, huh?), but nobody said any gross changes will be made. The stupid 46X46 to 90X140 crap is a cosmetic joke. You want to streamline the experience in the Portal? Just promise the doofuses a reprieve from spamslinger idiocy.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 10:28 PM Reply

At 5/5/11 06:05 PM, TomFulp wrote: Oh whoops we forgot to make a BBS in the redesign.

It has been replaced by the newgrounds chat.

OH HEY WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT! Can you add some more secret items for us to unlock? That would be awesome.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Davidxtrem
Davidxtrem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 10:38 PM Reply

AWESOME :D

scottmale24
scottmale24
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 10:40 PM Reply

Man I want to go to a tank awards show.

I assume it is open bar.

Art thread // Epic Quest! // Webcomic
Sig art by Kosmikophobia

BBS Signature
ZagmenO
ZagmenO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 10:43 PM Reply

Holy shit! This redesign is gonna be bigger than I thought. Initially, I thought the biggest thing was gonna be the increased thumbnails and maybe some changes to accommodate that.

I laugh at your sigs!

Heinrich
Heinrich
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 47
Movie Buff
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 10:50 PM Reply

So far the redesign sounds very promising. Before I would review submissions just to archive them to watch later.

I really hope we get something relating to Photoshop whether it be a portal or at least a forum. This will definitely renew my interest in the forums greatly.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

BBS Signature
DannyJay
DannyJay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 10:54 PM Reply

wait. so youre saying that just as you need to be scouted in the Art Portal, you also need to be scouted in the "Classic" portal? Also I wish you'd keep the name Flash. Thats what this site was built on. It's like removing "under God" from the pledge of allegiance.

Don't be afraid of failure.

BBS Signature
Tateos
Tateos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 11:15 PM Reply

At 5/5/11 06:05 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/5/11 05:21 PM, Tateos wrote: In before Señor Luis. I still have your baby leg.

Will the redesign have any dramatic affect on the BBS?
Oh whoops we forgot to make a BBS in the redesign.

I feel incredibly stupid for not realizing that a response to this question, if I got one at all, would be sarcastic.

cdjproductions
cdjproductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 11:17 PM Reply

Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind the ability to use the file dump for mp3 files as well. Would come in handy for audio collabs.

Side note, if you guys do a mobile site redirect, don't force Droid users to it. Droid's browser handles the site pretty well. Flash and everything. (No java applets though. I dunno why they didn't add that support.)

This account is now defunct and will now serve as an alt - _)-UltimateCJ64-(_
Seriously, I'm serious.

Matt-Porter
Matt-Porter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Game Developer
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 11:33 PM Reply

At 5/5/11 09:30 PM, Rig wrote: How about Unity support?

Unity support is almost a given seeing that Kongregate implemented it. That aside, it's gaining ground in the web games industry and quickly becoming something that will work it's way into our future. I'll let Tom save the surprise for us, but I'm 99% certain it will be in the update.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 5th, 2011 @ 11:35 PM Reply

At 5/5/11 04:43 PM, Evark wrote: So... you're shocking us with this by June, right?

it'll be up by next weekend

cast
cast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Annual Winners and Redesign Info! May. 6th, 2011 @ 12:08 AM Reply

At 5/5/11 11:35 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 5/5/11 04:43 PM, Evark wrote: So... you're shocking us with this by June, right?
it'll be up by next weekend

It better be, I've been waiting 11 years for this shit.

Annual Winners and Redesign Info!

c̴a̶s̴t̷

BBS Signature