Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2011-08-31 17:15:43 Reply

****NFSW!!!!****

This guy is one of the many godly beings sealed in death. his race is that of the serpentines which Shinja (the snake whip woman is known as the remaining one of the race). Why is his "PINGAS" showing? they are supposed to be that of an indigenous race being one of the 1st races on the planet, yet they are smart as hell(CONTRADICTION?). why am i drawing a penis? i dunno maybe because i can!! but yeah here he is.

****NFSW!!!!****

****NFSW!!!!****

PS. i apologize for the NFSW spam.

My comic

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2011-08-31 17:28:31 Reply

Another godly being.that of which a revamped version of a character from my personal series. Lol, for this guy i was thinking of putting a Blunt in his mouth along with his sake gourd that says "fire" on it. Many other characters will be featured among the godly beings revamped.

My comic

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2011-12-20 15:46:09 Reply

Lol! hope you don't mind me dusting off an old thread, i plan on starting my comic series in the begining months of next year so im trying to get the final character concepts done! this thread brought back memories of the past, but yeah here is the last guy i posted a few months ago.

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2011-12-20 15:52:05 Reply

this one i never had the chance to post up her 1st concept but i did do a piece with her in it which is one of my more recent pieces, but this is going to be her final look! Saiko! the psycho!

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2011-12-20 16:03:41 Reply

And Last but not least for today, the main protagonist, beautiful elegance or utsukushii Yuubi. the story isn't always going to be based on her but she is like the main of mains, each character to have a back story to explain the who's and why's etc. I need to work on my feet still feet make me want to rage quit! i suck at them so horribly. But i believe in determination.

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-01-01 16:40:26 Reply

i'll just post this here, the colored version of this character. not that anyone cares but blah lol. just keeping myself motivated and active.

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
SuperSpark
SuperSpark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-01-03 03:22:45 Reply

So, I looked at a couple of pages and my complaints are mostly the same as everyone elses. Unrefined pencils, very badly structured pages (Which could've been fixed by examining any comic ever and noting its layout) and bad text.

One thing that does bother me is the style itself. Don't get me wrong, I love all sorts of styles, even the anime/manga style, but try to make it unique will you? Right now it's a cross between the copying Masashi Kishimoto's look (I understand it's some sort of Naruto fanfic or something, still doesn't mean it has to look EXACTLY like it) and the generic crap we see in those "How to draw Anime" books that need to be burned. You're falling into a trap many artists and even myself have fallen into and trust me unless you are an expert at it, it will get you nowhere. Make your art look unique; it should be like a second signature. It's a difficult task to create a unique look especially in this day and age, but just look at your favorite artists and take a bit of inspiration from each of them to build up something that is you. Also research artistic principles like anatomy. As an artist, anatomy should be your best friend and once you learn it, you'll find adapting or deforming it to match certain styles will both look good and be insanely easy. Personally, I recommend creating a comic based on your own story that you make yourself, not a fan fiction, but that's not for me to say. You are in charge of what you make your stories about.

Also, read Scott McCloud's books, particularly "Making Comics" It's a Comic on how to make comics and is very good for learning this sort of thing. :)

Check out my Spark Comic Website: Sparkcomic.com
DeviantArt: SuperSparkplug

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-01-03 03:46:21 Reply

Dude sorry to burst your bubble man but your epically late. I've been cut that out well at least posting it that is, I've already started another plot with nothing to do with the one on the 1st few pages. I have been practicing anatomy, thanks for the advice though. I need to get the 1st few pages of this new one up or people will continue to think I'm still on that mash up of many shows and games. Check out my art thread if you do have time though.

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-01-18 19:28:50 Reply

been kinda caught up with my life, wont get into it but i've been art blocked. and i lost all the files i had on the pc, so alot of WIPs and such i didnt put up yet were all deleted.. which is highly depressing but i have some more character sketches, whatever.

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-01-18 19:38:07 Reply

Here is the redraw of shinja, i think her legs look so much better in this one. good thing for practice!..(still need to work on feet i am not satisfied with how i draw feet! and she is wearing heels, i had to mention because they are not that visible). Also yay boobs!

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-01-18 19:47:47 Reply

last sketch for today this guy is pretty kool, another redraw.

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-06-19 18:42:47 Reply

So, i said i wasnt going to draw the main protagonist over again? well, i lied >.> redrew her because of my ever changing style.

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-06-19 18:51:23 Reply

At 6/19/12 06:42 PM, Ramatsu wrote: So, i said i wasnt going to draw the main protagonist over again? well, i lied >.> redrew her because of my ever changing style.

another character concept sketch, this one does not have a name at the moment, but her character is pretty bad ass.

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-06-19 19:00:41 Reply

At 7/7/11 03:11 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Okay, i dont know where to start but i have 6 concepts that i will be posting, they are all still unfinished one of them being slightly referenced. i need some feedback on them, mainly the sketches because im seeing issues with either the perspective or anatomy, and i cant seem to find any references for them. So ill start by posting the 2 sketches 1st

This Guy is the redraw as well, another quick concept sketch. I think i've gotten slightly better though i must admit, not a big change but still its better than nothing.

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to My comic 2012-06-19 21:23:50 Reply

Ehhhhhhh, Ram's back, huzzah!

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-06-21 18:57:18 Reply

At 6/19/12 09:23 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Ehhhhhhh, Ram's back, huzzah!

I guess i am, until the laptop goes out on me again! but here this is a sketch of a scene from my graphic novel. romance..bleh! but there is a twist! there is death! and Blood! >:]. i really need to work on my side profiles.

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-06-24 23:32:41 Reply

At 6/21/12 06:57 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 6/19/12 09:23 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Ehhhhhhh, Ram's back, huzzah!
I guess i am, until the laptop goes out on me again! but here this is a sketch of a scene from my graphic novel. romance..bleh! but there is a twist! there is death! and Blood! >:]. i really need to work on my side profiles.

another character sketch, shes not bad but shes not good either. kind of character that does their own thing pretty much. Yes those are cat ears! and yes she is sort of a mummy! and a goddess! name is bastet. Some of you may know who that maybe. If not google is your friend!

Had the idea of her for awhile but did not know how to fit her into the series until Pow it finally came to me. not sure if this will be her final look though >_>.

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Generations1st
Generations1st
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Filmmaker
Response to My comic 2012-06-25 02:14:17 Reply

Your character concepts are inspirational, i could learn alot from this.
i'm into chains and skulls too <3 "Not S&M Fetish related"

BBS Signature
GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My comic 2012-06-25 03:49:21 Reply

At 5/4/11 05:12 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Lol! yea another reason i wont be publishing this!! i'd be getting sued for money i dont have. i just do this all in fun, dont ask why i waste my time on doing this if i won't publish it.. i just enjoy making it

I admire your spirit of making comics for enjoyment, and not for money.

This is my badly made signature.

BBS Signature
ShizzleCreature
ShizzleCreature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-06-25 04:07:59 Reply

isn't it naruto or something?...

BBS Signature
GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My comic 2012-06-25 04:21:15 Reply

At 6/25/12 04:07 AM, ShizzleCreature wrote: isn't it naruto or something?...

The first pages look like naruto but look at his latest work, it's great!

This is my badly made signature.

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-07-01 20:53:01 Reply

just a part that im unsure ill keep in my graphic novel. My style changes so much i cant even start making the legit one.. not until i find a comfortable style. plus i need more practice. sorry for the phone pictures guys but i somewhat like it better than the scanned because the shading doesnt get washed out.

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-07-01 20:57:05 Reply

At 6/25/12 04:21 AM, GoodFang wrote:
At 6/25/12 04:07 AM, ShizzleCreature wrote: isn't it naruto or something?...
The first pages look like naruto but look at his latest work, it's great!

yeah back then it was a Naruto fanfic! i also still draw that as well >_>, but i really dont post any of those on here. i Might post more of the new series but the fanfic you dont have to worry about me bugging you with that.

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-07-01 20:59:31 Reply

I like your characters and desgins! Your pencil sketches are very nice.

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-07-01 21:13:46 Reply

At 7/1/12 08:59 PM, PMMurphy wrote: I like your characters and desgins! Your pencil sketches are very nice.

Thanx, i appreciate that man. I'm glad you like them!

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-07-13 13:20:01 Reply

At 6/19/12 06:42 PM, Ramatsu wrote: So, i said i wasnt going to draw the main protagonist over again? well, i lied >.> redrew her because of my ever changing style.

i experimented the way i color dont know why i did it on this concept, but ehh.

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-08-23 15:02:06 Reply

At 8/4/11 09:57 PM, Ramatsu wrote: here is the colored version.. sadly some of my other character sheets have been scribbled on by my younger cousin.. i should have put them up while i ran errands, then again i didnt expect them to be there.. either way its my fault

redraw of this OC. back on page 5.

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-10-11 19:43:20 Reply

Well i felt the urge to draw some panels out today since i had off. work is taking up most of my time nowadays. here's one random page, its unfinished, as you can see im still fighting with character designs and styles not sure what i want it to be and its killing me!!

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-10-11 19:48:04 Reply

At 10/11/12 07:43 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Well i felt the urge to draw some panels out today since i had off. work is taking up most of my time nowadays. here's one random page, its unfinished, as you can see im still fighting with character designs and styles not sure what i want it to be and its killing me!!

that one was unfinished because i had the urge to draw another random page, i think this one was executed a little better than the other though they are pretty amateur. i need to work on trying to keep my faces similar as well, i fail at that. but then again there is alot i need to work on.

My comic

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to My comic 2012-10-11 20:00:56 Reply

At 10/11/12 07:48 PM, Ramatsu wrote: that one was unfinished because i had the urge to draw another random page, i think this one was executed a little better than the other though they are pretty amateur. i need to work on trying to keep my faces similar as well, i fail at that. but then again there is alot i need to work on.

You'd do well to proof read your dialogue for spelling/punctuation/grammar before committing the words to the page. It doesn't require a lot of effort, and the average reader is much more likely to dismiss a comic with bad grammar than one without.

For example, that should be 'you're'.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature