Be a Supporter!
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jun. 28th, 2011 @ 08:43 PM Reply

HELP! i cant seem to get the perspective right! im having problems with this guys leg it just seems shorter rather than supposed to be further away. -__- i've been at this leg for a good 30 minutes. Feed back and tips please? thanx much

My comic


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jun. 29th, 2011 @ 11:07 AM Reply

Forget it I'll just draw him in a different posisition it's too much time consuming fucking with it, got some other WIPs I want to get up before I go off being a busy body again -__-


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 1st, 2011 @ 05:06 PM Reply

Ok so i changed the whole position of him, i also have other concept sketches i will be posting up, just want some feedback to see whats wrong with the pieces and any ideas of what i can do instead of a plain white background.

My comic


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 1st, 2011 @ 05:40 PM Reply

Here is another one

My comic


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 1st, 2011 @ 06:06 PM Reply

And the last

My comic


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Pjanoo
Pjanoo
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to My comic Jul. 1st, 2011 @ 08:22 PM Reply

This doesn't look good.

Maybe you could try drawing something not anime.


BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 1st, 2011 @ 08:35 PM Reply

At 7/1/11 08:22 PM, Pjanoo wrote: This doesn't look good.

Maybe you could try drawing something not anime.

Not to be an ass or anything but I asked for criticism and feedback not personal opinions, this is what my art and style is based on not just because I'm comfortable with it, but I choose to do this certain type of style. Don't knock me because I'm not a person to do fine art or whatever strikes your interest.


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Pjanoo
Pjanoo
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to My comic Jul. 1st, 2011 @ 11:50 PM Reply

At 7/1/11 08:35 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 7/1/11 08:22 PM, Pjanoo wrote: This doesn't look good.

Maybe you could try drawing something not anime.
Not to be an ass or anything but I asked for criticism and feedback not personal opinions, this is what my art and style is based on not just because I'm comfortable with it, but I choose to do this certain type of style. Don't knock me because I'm not a person to do fine art or whatever strikes your interest.

no, fine art is what an artist does because they feel like it.
So everything in this thread = fine art.

But there are thousands upon thousands of anime artists. Don't conform to the mass blob called deviant art.


BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:24 AM Reply

There's thousands of artists that do different things as well anime may be my category doesn't mean it isn't different. Just because you don't like anime doesn't necessarily make my art bad, it's like saying for example someone who likes rock music and composes it just because a bunch of others do it, means they should not? Oh you should try country instead,It's just a category.


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Pjanoo
Pjanoo
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to My comic Jul. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:46 AM Reply

At 7/2/11 12:24 AM, Ramatsu wrote: There's thousands of artists that do different things as well anime may be my category doesn't mean it isn't different. Just because you don't like anime doesn't necessarily make my art bad, it's like saying for example someone who likes rock music and composes it just because a bunch of others do it, means they should not? Oh you should try country instead,It's just a category.

i never said it was bad, It just looks generic. Look at it this way, if a bunch of people autotune their voices and it all sounds the same wouldn't you rather be unique? Also anime is ok I have nothing against it, I just don't like when people let it take over their art talents completely.


BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:02 AM Reply

Generic= originality how I see it, but you say it doesn't look good so your either saying it is bad or great which I am certain by your post that was not what you meant. I am still an artist in progress anime will remain my main style but it is slowly molding into more of my own style. To that my art is unique, most people just look at it like "oh it's anime" and don't go much more into it, defining the different characteristics between it being it more realistic or more fantasy. Auto tone isn't a category it is more like a tool, just like a pencil to an illustrator or more over a tablet actually it's like the new thing to do.


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 12:01 AM Reply

I got a bunch of character concepts done, starting tomorrow I'll be posting them up! Got alot of free time coming up(besides this weekend) so I'll be working hard on a bunch of things mostly this comic, because this plot is coming together pretty good.


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 03:11 PM Reply

Okay, i dont know where to start but i have 6 concepts that i will be posting, they are all still unfinished one of them being slightly referenced. i need some feedback on them, mainly the sketches because im seeing issues with either the perspective or anatomy, and i cant seem to find any references for them. So ill start by posting the 2 sketches 1st

My comic


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 03:26 PM Reply

okay for this one i just kept moving shapes until i got a pretty good perspective on it all, but the feet i am unsure of mainly ive seen photos i googled on their knees and things but could not find one in the same angle as i have this, please let me know if you can help.

My comic


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 03:37 PM Reply

Okay for the colored ones im unsure if i want to keep just a plain white background, i cant really draw ink and color a background because i have not many colors, and im tabletless lol. But yeah if you can give my some pointers i'll gladly accept them.

My comic


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 03:51 PM Reply

okay this guy looks pretty small because i wanted to fit his weapons in as well, but like stated before unsure what to put as a background, maybe i should to like a solid color or something.

My comic


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Member since: May. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 03:52 PM Reply

I like that newest drawing but the scythe is soooooooooooooooo retarded in my opinion.


Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 04:02 PM Reply

okay now this guy i didnt notice how thin his right arm was until i inked it sadly.. if only i had a tablet i could fix it no problem. but yea still unfinished. i was pretty bummed when i finally noticed it

My comic


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 04:09 PM Reply

Okay for this last one i think i did pretty darn good on her whole outfit and personality thing, she's pretty well developed but the feet is my problem she is actually supposed to have heels on but atm this is how she will look.

My comic


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 06:59 PM Reply

Wow! i was hoping i would have feedback by now =l am i doing something wrong here? what does a guy need to do to get some criticism over here?! draw on a tablet!? i don't have it like that.. am i asking to much?! Sorry i just want to know is anyone even looking at my thread anymore. i'm getting abit discouraged here am i not worthy of criticism anymore (slight Rage mode).


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
TyraWM
TyraWM
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 08:34 PM Reply

At 7/7/11 04:09 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Okay for this last one i think i did pretty darn good on her whole outfit and personality thing, she's pretty well developed but the feet is my problem she is actually supposed to have heels on but atm this is how she will look.

I don' t know, I'm looking at this character and wondering what the point of her is. I'm not getting any sort of feel for her personality, who she is in terms of social status, who she would play in a comic (hero, villain, shop keeper ) . Its not even the the fact that shes naked, I have several nudes in my comic, but my comic takes place in a tribal tropical world where toplessness is common.

I mean shes drawn like cartoon porn so if that is what you were going for then... yeah. totally. But I don't see anything in terms of personality for her.

Also note on the hair... if your giving her dread locks they should look round at the end, if its just straight hair then they shouldn't be in pieces like that.


BBS Signature
TyraWM
TyraWM
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 08:41 PM Reply

At 7/7/11 04:02 PM, Ramatsu wrote: okay now this guy i didnt notice how thin his right arm was until i inked it sadly.. if only i had a tablet i could fix it no problem. but yea still unfinished. i was pretty bummed when i finally noticed it

I assume this guy is fighter because of the abs... I wouldn't advise on the fishnets. I dunno if you ever wore stockings, there not something you want to fight in.

When drawing someone walking, the hips and shoulders are at a constant angle, the leg that is firm on the ground, that side of the hip should be up, and the one that is taking the step, that side of the hip should be down. It looks like he is about to fall over.

Also, just an opinion, I think he would look tougher bald then with blue hair.


BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 09:06 PM Reply

She is more like medusa-ish, like a snake and nudity is not porn and this will not be a porn comic -__- lol she's a villain in the series I can get into her character if you want to know what she's about. But yea I mean I don't need to put nudity but it is something I'm actually going to try but it's not going to be stupid nonsense nudity, just a personal thing I plan on conquering.


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 09:15 PM Reply

And yea for this guy I should have made it more visible this series will have like super powers of some sort these are not normal people I can get into his character as well, he is the main antagonist in this series and his abilities are pretty wierd. But then again most of the things in this series will defy the laws of our physics. But yea I still have to work on my anatomy I've gotten abit better over the time I have been working on it( at least that's what I think).


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 09:23 PM Reply

At 7/7/11 04:02 PM, Ramatsu wrote: okay now this guy i didnt notice how thin his right arm was until i inked it sadly.. if only i had a tablet i could fix it no problem. but yea still unfinished. i was pretty bummed when i finally noticed it

Hey, I realize you're trying to make him looks all muscly and tough and stuff, but I think you need to take a look at this

Mainly the part about the abs, but you should take a note of all of it.

And I swear to god, if you say "Oh, well, that's just my style, so yeah, they're supposed to look like that", I am going to kill you.

And ban you >:(
Now, I'm not saying you're that kind of person :3
Just don't do it >:(
TyraWM
TyraWM
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 7/7/11 09:06 PM, Ramatsu wrote: She is more like medusa-ish, like a snake and nudity is not porn and this will not be a porn comic -__- lol she's a villain in the series I can get into her character if you want to know what she's about. But yea I mean I don't need to put nudity but it is something I'm actually going to try but it's not going to be stupid nonsense nudity, just a personal thing I plan on conquering.

yeah I wasn't getting that... i mean her face looks unsure, nervous, confused.... I assume a villain would be overly confident, vicious, especially if shes suppose to be a Medusa snake thing she should look cruel and soulless... Also I would, in my opinion, 86 the heels. Have you tried walking in heels with 20 pound titties?
I assume its not fun.

Also when looking at your male and female character this image seriously comes to mind.


BBS Signature
TyraWM
TyraWM
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 09:26 PM Reply

this image sorry


BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 09:47 PM Reply

Ahhhhhh, lol I'm sorry to have offended you or some sort but this is an anime-ish type comic yes I draw big boobs it's just been a habit, that I never grew out of it, they are not actually human beings and I can make an excuse to that they can hold up to gravity in different ways. The mass can be different hell I can say there boobs are hollow. And about them not being human "then why do they not look any different than us or specific differences to differentiate between human and alien" no one knows exactly what aliens look like, they can look just like us. Lol I'm way out of context but yeah what I mean is that not everything about "us" does not (count) for them. Sorry I couldn't think of the word, and I apologize if I come off as in ass it's not intended


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Kumakun4
Kumakun4
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 09:54 PM Reply

If no one comments, I'm sorry to be blunt but it probably means people aren't inspired enough to comment on it. Raging at them for this will diminish your chances of getting comments even further; at best, you'll get dishonest critique from offended people.
The big tits thing is fine, we've all been there (I know I have). You eventually learn to decrease the size-- not because you lose interest in boobs, but because you want to see if you can actually make a woman that still looks sexy without having 20 pounds of flesh and fat dangling off her chest.
Seriously though, keep drawing.
If you get upset just because you're not getting a reaction to your art, then you won't last. Keep practicing. People will notice when you improve and they'll react accordingly. 'til then, you just have to bide your time and keep sketching.
I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful, I know you've left a lot of good feedback on my thread. I just feel you're heading down a dark path with that earlier outburst. You've got a good base art-wise, would be a shame to see you lose it because you lost sight of your long-term goal of learning to draw.


BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to My comic Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 10:21 PM Reply

Yeah, i understand that and trust i will not give up on drawing because of no feedback, I just wanted some feedback because i take the time to go to scan the pictures in order for feedback to get better i mean, most of it you learn on your own by sketching all the time. I'm a person who really values my time and i take my time out to do things to help people out and to help me out. i just want to be acknowledged for what time i put in. I mean even if its not inspiring enough wouldn't you want to help out so that maybe one day the pieces can become inspiring? Sometimes i think this is more of a popularity contest than anything.

It could be that anime is so mainstream people just say "oh another anime artist, just leave em' be" i mean it is still art, artists are artists one way or another, and i'm human just like the next person i bleed red. so i'd be there to help out, wether it be art or life saving. I apologize for the out-burst i'll look into it not happening again.


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature