00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

This bassline synth

944 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This bassline synth 2011-05-04 10:19:53

This one. You hear it after 2 seconds. One of the best sounds I've heard. Ever. And I can't even get close to recreating it. I've tried 3xOsc with a load of Parametric EQ's together with Sytrus basslines from the browser, but I still can't get the right sound. Does anyone have an idea of how this synth is created?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to This bassline synth 2011-05-04 10:33:06

At 5/4/11 10:19 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: This one. You hear it after 2 seconds. One of the best sounds I've heard. Ever. And I can't even get close to recreating it. I've tried 3xOsc with a load of Parametric EQ's together with Sytrus basslines from the browser, but I still can't get the right sound. Does anyone have an idea of how this synth is created?

It was probably custom created by sytrus.

Contact me if you would like reviews on your music! (or Collabs)

Join The Audio Portal for another place to post music

BBS Signature

Response to This bassline synth 2011-05-04 11:15:05

For starters, note all the nuances in the song. There's one part where the bass raises an octave and it's a dead giveaway of what to go for. It's a square with little sustain and gentle portamento on it. Sytrus has a preset that's really close to what you want (bassline square; just remove the fx knob and you got the bones of it).

I've been trying to remake the sound for your pleasure just to help you out, but I'm not all that good at that style of music. All i can tell you is that it starts off as a square wave and a low pass cut off to give it a donk sound.

Also add on a chorus to give it a good sound. Tweak it a bit to your tastes and do what you wish afterwards.

Response to This bassline synth 2011-05-04 15:03:56

At 5/4/11 11:15 AM, Spikrodd wrote: helpful stuff

I figured out the square synth as well (that's why I used 3xOsc, with all the oscillators set to square). Thanks for the advise. :)

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature