Respond to this Topic
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 15:54:09 Reply

But Tom, now I bet people will make games about the squad that killed him where you take on the role of a squad member who shoots him.

Kylers
Kylers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 15:57:22 Reply

To quote a World Trade Centre survivor: I just can't find it in me to be glad one more person is dead, even if it is Osama bin Laden.

The guy was an enemy, no doubt about it, but he was the product of nearly three decades of American fuckups in the middle East, we created him, we trained him, we financed him, and we even armed him.

Sure he was made a scapegoat, because its easier to hate one foreign dude than point the finger at your own country. He died and I felt nothing, just a twinge of sadness at I know not what.

Nothing is original. Apart from this signature.

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 16:07:23 Reply

At 5/2/11 09:47 AM, TomFulp wrote: In a way, it was our most culturally relevant period; everyone was telling me how their co-workers were on Newgrounds that day, I got to make an appearance on CNN and FOX News was showcasing some of the more popular submissions on TV.

"to make an appearance on CNN and FOX News AND was showcasing..."
Thought I would point it out, lol.

Glad to hear he died and was tossed into the sea which will be his permanent grave.

Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
LegendarySupersaiyan
LegendarySupersaiyan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 16:14:57 Reply

It's good to know that he was killed and all, and it's not that I don't trust our everything our government says, I would just like to see a body.

Anyways,

USA USA USA.

Death is fun

BBS Signature
alfa995
alfa995
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 16:15:55 Reply

Oh ho ho, Tom...this is an important event, yes, but as some have said, it's not the end, it's just the beginning. In any way, we still have Newgrounds to express ourselves with movies and games. I wonder for how long, though...

Greetings from Mexico.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 16:16:59 Reply

At 5/2/11 12:52 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 5/2/11 12:40 PM, Auz wrote: Making fun of someone's death is always a bit cruel, but it's not like they can stop the tidal wave of videos where people are going to poke fun out of this.
If there's anything wrong with mocking Osama Bin Laden's death, they should also take down anything that makes fun of Hitler, Saddam or any other dictator. I'm just glad we have sites like Newgrounds and Blip.tv that believe in freedom of speech unlike YouTube. However, my video isn't one for NG since it's a pointless 3 second video showing a picture of Bin Laden with a voice clip from TF2. Hopefully Blip have no objections.

You're right there. Maybe they're thinking "too soon" or something, but it is bullshit to take down a silly video like that when there are hundreds of other vids around with people mocking Hitler, Saddam etc. and even recently deceased celebrities.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
ForNoReason
ForNoReason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 16:26:28 Reply

I now know how to spell comeuppance. Thanks Tom!

II II lI

BBS Signature
Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 16:27:14 Reply

I remember making some of those icons.

BBS Signature
Wizkir
Wizkir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 16:27:45 Reply

More information regarding the current situation.

It's not over yet.

BBS Signature
Corky-D
Corky-D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 16:47:13 Reply

The Janitor was right all along.

1, 2, 3, Coffee 4, 5, 8, too late

BBS Signature
steph2568
steph2568
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 16:51:10 Reply

Good riddance.

<3

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 16:54:17 Reply

At 5/2/11 04:47 PM, Corky-D wrote: The Janitor was right all along.

It came to mind as well.

The janitor have always been the wise one.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
tazard-falcon
tazard-falcon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 16:56:54 Reply

Something is wrong with the world today, people thinking killing the "mastermind" behind an attack will bring things to a close. Its those retarded "This will never be over them there terrorist sons o bitches will always attack out freedom" that cause the real problem.

Well I don't have a signature so....let that be a lesson to you.

cast
cast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 16:59:10 Reply

I'm mainly curious to see how relevant this actually is, and how it will ultimately impact our lives as American citizens. My gut tells me this is more of a bad thing than a good thing... There HAS to be a shit load of pissed off extremists/terrorists, and who really knows what type of sleeper cells they already have in the United States, IF ANY.. WE DON'T KNOW.

I'm also very interested to learn of every detail about how this operation went down without getting into the itty specifics such as WHO shot Osama.. Wonder how long they knew where he was before blowing his head off? Also that kinda makes me mad, but I GUESS it had to be done.. I REALLY wish they would have captured him alive so we could put him on trial etc.. oh well. :P

I would personally affix mirrors to Osama's body and shoot him into orbit.. Telescope sales would hit record highs, plus we need more astronomers, also it's already a cool hobby. BYE

c̴a̶s̴t̷

BBS Signature
Albastter
Albastter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 17:04:37 Reply

HEADSHOT! Thast's what the US-Marines Brings! Hi got it right in his face! And he deserved it!!!

BUT READ THIS: DON'T YOU THINK THAT A WAR IS GOING TO START QITH HIS FOLLOWERS? BETTER GET PREPARED! OBAMA YOU MOST THAN ANYONE SHOULD READ THIS!

CONGRATS AMERICA!

Gccc98
Gccc98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 17:06:34 Reply

i Think its not time to celebrate, US forces just killed bin laden, then what about Al-Quaeda?
i think they are not gonna stay there, theres a 80% posibilities of a counter-attack, im not celebrating yet, i hope not but, probably this is just the beggining

Nothing much to tell here...

Heinrich
Heinrich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Movie Buff
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 17:06:49 Reply

I can hardly believe that he is finally dead!

I remember as a child weeks after 9/11 watching the "Dayo Osama" and the "Diplomacy" flashes that my father showed me. I had no idea they were from Newgrounds at the time.

As LostChances said, to his cronies he's a martyr but to us he is finally brought to justice. There's always going to be conflict with views and ideologies no matter what.

I'm definitely having a can of Coca-Cola for this!

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 17:09:40 Reply

At 5/2/11 04:59 PM, cast wrote: I'm mainly curious to see how relevant this actually is, and how it will ultimately impact our lives as American citizens. My gut tells me this is more of a bad thing than a good thing... There HAS to be a shit load of pissed off extremists/terrorists, and who really knows what type of sleeper cells they already have in the United States, IF ANY.. WE DON'T KNOW.

US bases and embassies were put on high alert over the weekend and were just told about "kidnapping threats" Now I guess they know why they were on such high alert. Terrorist organizations are already threatening attacks.

I'm also very interested to learn of every detail about how this operation went down without getting into the itty specifics such as WHO shot Osama.. Wonder how long they knew where he was before blowing his head off? Also that kinda makes me mad, but I GUESS it had to be done.. I REALLY wish they would have captured him alive so we could put him on trial etc.. oh well. :P

I've gathered from the news reports that they went in with Navy Seals and there was an "intensive" fight once they got there. They killed Osama and 3 other guys and one woman was killed when one of the terrorists used her as a human shield (I don't really believe this bit, maybe to dehumanize the men that were just killed) and no American casualties. Osama was apparently shot in the head during the fight. They recovered his body, I suppose they made sure it was him and then they buried him at sea, oddly enough in observance Islam because they require the dead to be buried within 24 hours of death. They buried him at sea to avoid having a tomb stone or a grave site for extremists to gather around.

Apparently they had been planning the mission for some months and they had intelligence that it was harboring some high level folks. It's unclear if they actually knew Osama was in the mansion. Obama had been briefed on the mission extensively and ultimately gave the order to proceed on Friday before checking out tornado damage in the South. From what I've read he was pretty involved as far as a President can be.

I would personally affix mirrors to Osama's body and shoot him into orbit.. Telescope sales would hit record highs, plus we need more astronomers, also it's already a cool hobby. BYE

But then he'd have a space-grave to visit! I don't really agree with burying him at sea. He was not a Muslim and has been denounced by most in the world, even his own homeland (Saudi Arabia stripped his citizenship). I say he was not a Muslim because he was an extremist with his own agenda and is about as much of a Muslim as those cultists who have suicide pacts are Christians. They claim they are but we all know it's bullshit. They should have brought his body back to the USA, done an autopsy, catelogued everything and set it to be classified for like 50 years like everything else so that eventually all will be able to see it. Of course make extra special sure it was actually him and then after all was said and done, give him a burial at sea and don't even say what sea.

¥ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ¥
¥ ¥
Blag [updated: 4/20/2014] ¥ ¥

BBS Signature
ethannat
ethannat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 17:12:09 Reply

At 5/2/11 09:47 AM, TomFulp wrote: In a way, it was our most culturally relevant period; everyone was telling me how their co-workers were on Newgrounds that day, I got to make an appearance on CNN and FOX News was showcasing some of the more popular submissions on TV.

Any clips of you on CNN?

cast
cast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 17:17:48 Reply

Yeah.. I can't believe they would go outta their way to give this dude a proper burial, he's one of the last folks on the planet who need to be 'right with God'. I'm kinda hoping they had some cameras on them when most of this went down, would be a really interesting documentary.. :P

That chick they were supposedly using as a meat shield shouldn't have been hanging with these dudes. Simple as that..

Anyways thanks for the summary Mal, I learned things. <3

c̴a̶s̴t̷

BBS Signature
Pjorg
Pjorg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 17:31:33 Reply

At 5/2/11 10:22 AM, Manly-Chicken wrote: Also: when can we expect game jam winners?
and have you determined game jam game prizes ammounts/ how many there will be?

Fixed.

BBS Signature
gggp
gggp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 17:45:33 Reply

The 9/11 was way more than you will ever understand oh and you didnt see the body or have any prove he died so dont caim you know for sure if he really is dead he was killed years ago , a woman named Benazir Bhutto said in 2007 he was murdered then she was murdered a short time later. Obama had worser ratings and he had to toop the royal wedding and Popes beatification right? ;) So now you have "the death of bin laden" This situation only proves this is a end of a chapter and a begining of a new one prehaps Lybia?Peace from Europe

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 17:52:28 Reply

At 5/2/11 05:45 PM, gggp wrote: The 9/11 was way more than you will ever understand oh and you didnt see the body or have any prove he died so dont caim you know for sure if he really is dead he was killed years ago , a woman named Benazir Bhutto said in 2007 he was murdered then she was murdered a short time later. Obama had worser ratings and he had to toop the royal wedding and Popes beatification right?

Can you translate it a bit?

It's too dumb to be read.

I'm guessing you got it from infowars.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 17:56:10 Reply

At 5/2/11 10:23 AM, Rawnern wrote: Congratzz!

Tom Fulp didn't do it.

ForNoReason
ForNoReason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 18:02:11 Reply

At 5/2/11 05:56 PM, Snuff wrote:
At 5/2/11 10:23 AM, Rawnern wrote: Congratzz!
Tom Fulp didn't do it.

How do you know that?

II II lI

BBS Signature
jon-readman
jon-readman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Reader
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 18:07:23 Reply

Good riddance to the Cowardly, Murdering, thug and terrorist.

Overlord-Doomsday
Overlord-Doomsday
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 18:34:00 Reply

Wasn't Osama a serious terrorist? Because if he is, then I'm glad that he is dead.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 18:38:29 Reply

At 5/2/11 09:47 AM, TomFulp wrote: Oh and GroggyLobster spent weeks making a new game, only to have his protagonist die the night before release.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 8887
WHOOOOOOOPS

He should have made it 9 1/2 years ago, like AntiTanner :P

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 19:04:29 Reply

At 5/2/11 03:50 PM, Eggy wrote: Yeah wow, I joined NG when all these osama flashes were happening as a kid.

I used to have a blast playing those games. I'm pretty sure it was those games (amongst other ASSASSIN games) from the portal that brought me here and actually made me want to sign up. Looking back, some of them were SO SHITTY compared to modern games. It was actually pretty funny playing a couple of them today.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature
aquacelonafc
aquacelonafc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Osama Got His Comeuppance 2011-05-02 19:08:13 Reply

Whoot Whoot for US, as OSama got what he deserved,
but on what i saw today on the news many people celebrated too much. Ok i can
understand on families and others whose love ones had die on 9/11
but don't really need a big celebration. i mean it could backfired