New Topic Respond to this Topic
TrantaLocked
TrantaLocked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
need help with photoshop May. 1st, 2011 @ 07:15 PM Reply

I'm trying to do a similar effect on a photo of serj tankian as here: http://photoshoptutorialsforbeginners.in fo/create-a-60's-psychedelic-style-conce rt-poster.html
Look down where it explains the adjustments of the photo

I am completely confused, being new to photoshop have tried to do all those color adjustments to make the contrast of the 3 colors and the solid background behind the artist but I need extra help to do this. I am using CS5 on a PC.

Here is what I have so far for the poster, then I'll post the photo im trying to make with a green/black face and a blue background to match my poster.

need help with photoshop

BBS Signature
TrantaLocked
TrantaLocked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to need help with photoshop May. 1st, 2011 @ 07:17 PM Reply

what ive done, need the blue background and 3 color harsh contrast. i dont get the process though.

need help with photoshop

BBS Signature
SoConfused
SoConfused
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to need help with photoshop May. 1st, 2011 @ 08:52 PM Reply

Ok, I see what you want.
First you have to make a copy of the person layer after you've cut out all of the background. Then you set a low threshold on the options (Image>adjustments>threshold). Now you will have a black and white picture. Next, what I do, is choose select color (select>color range...), then click on the white and delete it. This leaves you with the black portion. Then just put a color overlay on it in the blending options. Do the same process, but change the amount of threshold when you are making the picture go to black and white. So you should get something like this... At least, that's the look I think you're going for... You can always use gaussian blur if you don't like the sharp edges too.

Also, it helps to think of each threshold level as a different color. The farther left the slider is, the more black shows up, so think of that as you base color and continue. It also helps to lower the opacity of each layer so that you can see them sit on top of each other first. I hope that made a little sense...

need help with photoshop

"To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true."
Flickr | My "Art"

BBS Signature