New Topic Respond to this Topic
Living-Machine
Living-Machine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 06:20:15 Reply

its just so fucking time consuming, and you dont even really get a reward do you?

esspecially since most ppl dont even watch the stuff their blammin, it just encourages ppl to blam things from new artists b4 wathin them

AloneInTheDark
AloneInTheDark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 06:28:24 Reply

Yeh the portal is fucked up, i know. Legendarycock or Weebl could make the most fucked up stick movie and it wouldnt get blammed and a new guy can make a masterpiece that gets blammed. Look at windows noises. Shit got blammed the first time he submitted it, but now its in the top 50 because Tom noticed it and put it on the front page. Before it was on front page it had a score of 2,40 or somethin. Even 'there she is' the current no1 had a louse 2. somethin score before it was on the front page

Most people on newgrounds rate the artist, not the movie and that sux.

BBS Signature
Living-Machine
Living-Machine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 06:31:48 Reply

your right on with that, and think its totally stupid, but that's not actually what my post was meant to be about;

it takes a huge amount of time to gain blam and protect points up to a high level and even if you do get a high level you dont get any additional power in NG, so WTF is the point of it and why do so many ppl bother

SteveGuzzi
SteveGuzzi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Writer
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 06:33:46 Reply

I honestly think the entire blam/save point system has been more detrimental to the Portal than helpful. The bottom line is that it increases return traffic to the Portal and that's the only reason needed to keep it.

BBS Signature
SteveGuzzi
SteveGuzzi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Writer
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 06:36:44 Reply

At 4/23/04 06:31 AM, T-week wrote: it takes a huge amount of time to gain blam and protect points up to a high level and even if you do get a high level you dont get any additional power in NG, so WTF is the point of it and why do so many ppl bother

You do get a percentage increase in voting power, but even if you have a voting power of 10+ votes there's still thousands and thousands of other people out there voting on entries. It's all relative.

Increased traffic is the name of the game. It gives people a reason to keep coming back.

BBS Signature
KineticMonkey
KineticMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 06:36:48 Reply

Actually, it does give you power. Your voting power. But yeah, I agree with you on how the user rates the artist not the movie. I've seen really good stuff get blammed.

Living-Machine
Living-Machine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 06:43:45 Reply

it gives you voting power, but shit all, the MAXIMUM (which only 6 ppl i think have) extra power it can give you is like 60% of your original vote, which isnt all that fantastic really., pretty bad actually.

you should get some other type of goodness from NG, like more secrets or something like that.

QuikFox
QuikFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 06:51:20 Reply

Things like this have all been suggested before. I know that there are several threads about that stuff already. Blam points do make a very good differnce in your voting power by the way, just my though though.

BBS Signature
Living-Machine
Living-Machine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 06:58:00 Reply

At 4/23/04 06:51 AM, Baldy17 wrote: Things like this have all been suggested before. I know that there are several threads about that stuff already. Blam points do make a very good differnce in your voting power by the way, just my though though.

god level 9 sux...im so sick of that hand with glove... especially since im not black!

I-Jaf
I-Jaf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 06:58:07 Reply

At 4/23/04 06:28 AM, AloneInTheDark wrote: Yeh the portal is fucked up, i know. Legendarycock or Weebl could make the most fucked up stick movie and it wouldnt get blammed and a new guy can make a masterpiece that gets blammed.

nah, i think if they made shit movies they'#d get blammed. and your masterpiece might actually be a load of crap anyway. you dont get marks for effort. if it's liked, then it'll get a good score. people dont just blam good flash... unless theyre complete assholes and think theyre rebeling

Living-Machine
Living-Machine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 07:02:14 Reply

At 4/23/04 06:58 AM, JafitMan wrote:
At 4/23/04 06:28 AM, AloneInTheDark wrote: Yeh the portal is fucked up, i know. Legendarycock or Weebl could make the most fucked up stick movie and it wouldnt get blammed and a new guy can make a masterpiece that gets blammed.
nah, i think if they made shit movies they'#d get blammed. and your masterpiece might actually be a load of crap anyway. you dont get marks for effort. if it's liked, then it'll get a good score. people dont just blam good flash... unless theyre complete assholes and think theyre rebeling

yes, ppl do blam good flash, and i'll tell you why, seeing you didn't seem to understand when the last guy said it; because people want quick blam points and if artist submitting the flash is new or has a bad average, they'll just assume its shit and blam it without looking at the actual flash

I-Jaf
I-Jaf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 07:08:10 Reply

they would be the assholes i mentioned

Pink-Ninja
Pink-Ninja
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 08:33:13 Reply

I alomst always vote on effort agree with AloneInTheDark's first post.

*Sshhh... I'm an NSA spy bot

BBS Signature
Shdow
Shdow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 08:36:06 Reply

1. You get a fancy badge!
You can brag with it!
Its sexy!
Atleast one girl out there must find it sex worthy!
2. It increases your voting power!
You do more of a difference!
3. Its fun!
4..... then why do you deposit your exp? cause it looks cool, and you wanna be a high level.... same with blams

look at the fancy badge me earned:

honestly why bother with blampoints

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 08:39:57 Reply

At 4/23/04 06:36 AM, Stuporman wrote:
Increased traffic is the name of the game. It gives people a reason to keep coming back.

that's the part I don't get. Ironic that I should say that, seeing as I have plenty of retard points, but why the fuck did I ever bother with that??? The variation on your voting power is completely irrelevant, and its extremely time-consumming.

I just don't get people who keep doing it. WHY THE FUCK?.
Oh yeah, the list.... the badge. Another proof that you can make people work for you so they get some sort of ego reward. Same thing with the whistle. Why the fuck does that system work so well???

Well I guess we can be glad it does, but its still weird : /

BBS Signature
Kamai
Kamai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 08:40:06 Reply

I think the situation would improve if someone fixed the portal so that it worked like it did before the username hacks happened, in that you couldn't rate movies until they had at least finished loading. This way, people would be more likely to watch the movie/play the game before rating it, rather than just clicking the link and then either zero or five depending on the artist, before its even loaded.

STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 08:44:32 Reply

that's like asking what the point of a profile is. leveling up, blam/protect points, flagging things, it's all fun. If u hate them, there is no reason at all to be an NG member.

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
xenilk
xenilk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 08:45:57 Reply

At 4/23/04 06:28 AM, AloneInTheDark wrote:

I wonder if we can convince Tom to hide usernames until it passes judgement...

Death-from-Norway
Death-from-Norway
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 09:11:43 Reply

At 4/23/04 06:20 AM, T-week wrote: its just so fucking time consuming

Why bother?

rancid-alan
rancid-alan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 09:14:05 Reply

It makes you cooler. DUH.

xenilk
xenilk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 09:33:58 Reply

At 4/23/04 09:14 AM, Rancid_Alan wrote: It makes you cooler. DUH.

It also gives you more power to blam

Living-Machine
Living-Machine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 10:20:58 Reply

At 4/23/04 08:40 AM, Kamai wrote: I think the situation would improve if someone fixed the portal so that it worked like it did before the username hacks happened, in that you couldn't rate movies until they had at least finished loading. This way, people would be more likely to watch the movie/play the game before rating it, rather than just clicking the link and then either zero or five depending on the artist, before its even loaded.

its because there are alot of ppl out there with WAY to much spare time, hint for reader: if you spendin 5+ hours on NG or a site like it reguarly, you definately need to do something to improve your life...

and also to that _Duke_ guy, i dont hate the system, i just think its not worth spending the time and effort on it for a tiny pixilated digital badge that ppl will only see if they find your account somehow

Alpe
Alpe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 11:43:54 Reply

At 4/23/04 06:28 AM, AloneInTheDark wrote: Look at windows noises. Shit got blammed the first time he submitted it, but now its in the top 50 because Tom noticed it and put it on the front page. :

P.S. It was noticed coz I started a topic like this complaining called "unfairnes" :P

Man, I feel so proud, just saved a piece of art.

RUDE
RUDE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 11:46:49 Reply

At 4/23/04 06:20 AM, T-week wrote: its just so fucking time consuming, and you dont even really get a reward do you?

esspecially since most ppl dont even watch the stuff their blammin, it just encourages ppl to blam things from new artists b4 wathin them

Blams/Protects in my opinion are just for egotistical users who feel that they have to be above everyone else with in terms of statistics. There really isn't even any point in any of us even trying to reach them because we never will. I haven't visited the portal in months.

I-Jaf
I-Jaf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 11:49:32 Reply

At 4/23/04 06:28 AM, AloneInTheDark wrote:
Look at windows noises. Shit got blammed the first time he submitted it,

because everyone thought he's stolen it off all the other websites that host it

Darklilangel23
Darklilangel23
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 11:50:24 Reply

then they should make the blame protection point thing only pop up after the movie has played out not just click and vote and move on

Dark Kisses In Sweet Places

bob-bobberson
bob-bobberson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 11:50:53 Reply

but if you think like that;

What's the point of posting on The BBS?
What's the point of going on NG?
What's the point of going on the internet?

You get no rewards out of it, so why do it?

Because it's something to do, like a hobby.

Ctiger
Ctiger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 11:52:06 Reply

At 4/23/04 11:50 AM, Darklilangel23 wrote: then they should make the blame protection point thing only pop up after the movie has played out not just click and vote and move on

Agreed.

ArtistJ
ArtistJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 12:02:38 Reply

well, just get the points to raise your level once in a while... but hey look at this way, everyone should review as much as possible to keep the crap off the site. you only get a blam point if everyone else had the same oppinion of the film,but if you vote 1 on a movie that everyone else considers a 4, you will get no reward, and are being an ass. So watch your movies before you tear down someones hard work. This is suposed to be a commnity, not a blam cult.

BBS Signature
Mazza
Mazza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to honestly why bother with blampoints 2004-04-23 12:07:03 Reply

At 4/23/04 06:28 AM, AloneInTheDark wrote: Look at windows noises. Shit got blammed the first time he submitted it, but now its in the top 50 because Tom noticed it and put it on the front page. Before it was on front page it had a score of 2,40 or somethin.

windows noises is pretty good, though, but it actually belongs in the audio portal.

fucking magnets man how do they work