Be a Supporter!

any beatles song > any rap song

  • 2,507 Views
  • 112 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
unowned
unowned
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 11:18:07 Reply

Gang Starr - [? #01] Just to get a rep better than beatles catalog

Klik
Klik
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 11:24:15 Reply

I beg to differ.

morcov
morcov
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Artist
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 11:31:16 Reply

At 4/24/11 03:20 AM, SoggyBread wrote:
At 4/24/11 02:02 AM, Xarnor wrote:
Ludacris is frowned upon because of his relationship with the no-talent asshole Justin Bieber.

I bet that's the only song with Ludacris you've heard

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Programmer
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 11:44:32 Reply

number nine
number nine
number nine
number nine
number nine
number nine
number nine
number nine
number nine
number nine
number nine
number nine
number nine
number nine
number nine
number nine
number nine


BBS Signature
OstrichMaster
OstrichMaster
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 11:48:24 Reply

move bitch, get out the way


BBS Signature
IAmTheDarkWizard
IAmTheDarkWizard
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 11:48:42 Reply

Rap is boring.
The Beatles are also very boring.
At least some of the more underground rappers have interesting lyrics.

FattyWhale
FattyWhale
  • Member since: Jul. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 50
Melancholy
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 11:49:47 Reply

I don't think the Beatles are all that good.


[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
:3

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 11:50:10 Reply

Here we go again with another pointless "rap vs. rock" thread, and it's fucking annoying. I mean, seriously, I don't want to hear about how rap music is about materialistic stuff, when I know that isn't always the case {e.g. Public Enemy, Immortal Technique} and rock music being about girls, drugs and the fast life, which isn't the case either {e.g Dead Kennedys, NOFX, Disturbed.}

Plus, what about "Bring tha Noise" by Public enemy and Anthrax? What would you caterogize that as then?


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
saltovergray
saltovergray
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 11:53:47 Reply

I don't like rap very much, and the Beatles are ok. But I can't stand hipster shits who run around yelling about how "60's music was so much better" and "i wish i could go back in time and listen to the Beatles live man, cause I'm not mainstream!"

Like you.


BBS Signature
Bolo
Bolo
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 12:23:47 Reply

At 4/24/11 09:36 AM, unowned wrote: your auditory perception sucks and your opinion will never matter

The culture and form of Hip Hop music is a whole lot more complex than you think. What you are doing is dismissing the genre out of hand without having actually done any intense study of the construction of Hip Hop. I was once like you in that regard, then I took a music class in college that exposed me to different styles, and I've read some academic papers about several different types of music. I have an appreciation for all forms, but I find myself listening mostly to Hip Hop, particularly from the era of 1992-1997, because of its authoritative and cynical viewpoint on existence. I find the Beatles less compelling simply because in their early stages, they were an entirely commercial and entirely manufactured group, and in their later "experimental" years, they were contrived and overwrought.

This is my opinion, but it is based on a relatively objective study of forms. I think everyone should augment their opinion with a study of the genres they dismiss. To say that someone's "auditory perception sucks" simply because they prefer a different genre than you do is not only closed-minded but wrong.


BBS Signature
SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Programmer
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 12:26:23 Reply

Yes but then again any rap made after 2000 > anything nowadays.

DigitalTru7h
DigitalTru7h
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 12:27:28 Reply

Any Song > Any Rap Song

Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 12:28:09 Reply

As much as I like Eminem and Beastie Boys, it is true.


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
dekeizer
dekeizer
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 12:32:26 Reply

At 4/24/11 01:45 AM, GodOfVideoGames wrote:

fingernails on a chalkboard > any rap song.

House of Pain & Dr Dre > fingernails on a chalkboard > any rap song.

blah569
blah569
  • Member since: Jan. 18, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Programmer
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 12:33:53 Reply

At 4/24/11 01:30 AM, Bolo wrote: I would disagree, but to each his own. Never was a fan of the Beatles, particularly.

I didn't like most of The Beatle's jam music, but they have great psychedelic songs.


BBS Signature
LocoJoe
LocoJoe
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 12:37:47 Reply

Jump around!


Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature
camobch0
camobch0
  • Member since: Jan. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Gamer
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 12:40:40 Reply

There's a few rap songs that definitely beat out the worst Beatles songs, but on average, Beatles wins it.


A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 12:46:28 Reply

At 4/24/11 03:27 AM, walkinator wrote:
fuck you, the beatles kick rap in the fucking balls. BITCH.
However, I must state why I think this is true. When I listen to rap, I find it annoying and bothersome.
But when I listen to the beatles, the beautiful music makes me happy. It is not overrated. the reason people still like it is because it is good. And beatles songs arn't all about the same thing. You seem to be making up these so called facts. And also to disprove your ignorance, when I listen to the beatles, I feel inspired and exited. When I listen to rap, I see that the artist cannot play a musical instrument (usually) and usually has little musical talent. The beatles were a very talented group. when I hear rap, I think, "oh God, not again" I've listened to rap for most of my life. I used to like it. But when I started to play music of my own, I realised that rap artists arn't makeing music at all, its shitty poetry with a shitty and repetitive beat. rap songs are usually unoriginal and take the same beat from another song. I hear so many rap songs with the same beat that its pathetic.

You're an idiot. Rap artists aren't making music at all, yet its poetry with a beat. For the love of god, I swear this is why i don't post here. You think anyone hasn't heard the same hundreds of Rock songs with the same repetitive sound? LOL Rappers lack musical Talent, not even going to go there. Repetition is evident in all musical genres. It's a problem when one genre of music can only provide one feeling to its listener.


Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Member since: May. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 12:54:02 Reply

At 4/24/11 02:02 AM, Xarnor wrote: I know I'm going to feel stupid for posting such a lengthy reply in a thread that is obviously meant to get a rise out of hip-hop fans, but whatever, fuck you, I like rap more than The Beatles.

Oh this is great.

If Ludacris summons more emotion in you than The Beatles there's something wrong with you, lol.

I respect Jay-Z as a rapper and an artist but I find a lot of the songs hard to relate to because I didn't grow up in the hood. Meet the Parents is an amazing, touching track on Blueprint 2 which I can't relate to.

I can honestly say I can't relate to Ludacris because all he raps about is clubbing and having sex with multiple women. Even if I did relate to that, it wouldn't fulfill what I WANT in a track.

The Beatles are wicked.


BBS Signature
BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Member since: Sep. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 13:00:44 Reply

Fight For Your Right>Only a Northern Song

Pretty simple as that.


New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me
"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature
unowned
unowned
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 13:14:38 Reply

At 4/24/11 12:23 PM, Bolo wrote: To say that someone's "auditory perception sucks" simply because they prefer a different genre than you do is not only closed-minded but wrong.

no, you can read up on perception and realise that awareness can be increased and this and other psychedelic music is geared towards more aware states

so you are wrong

unowned
unowned
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 13:17:43 Reply

lennon says in his song "What did you see, when you were there?"

well when i was there i auditioned Gang Starr - [? #01] Just to get a rep and came to the conclusion that it is better than the entire beatles catalog

Bolo
Bolo
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 13:22:30 Reply

At 4/24/11 01:14 PM, unowned wrote: no, you can read up on perception and realise that awareness can be increased and this and other psychedelic music is geared towards more aware states so you are wrong

Who are you to define what does and does not "increase" perception and awareness for other people? Had it ever occurred to you that this "perception" is an individualistic trait which is exclusively dependent on the singular experience of one person?


BBS Signature
Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 13:24:48 Reply

Are we STILL obsessed with this 'my song list > your song list' crap around here?

No matter how long or how hard you try, you can't quantify music. Get over it. Some people don't like what you do; big fucking deal.

unowned
unowned
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 13:25:00 Reply

you can read a wiki on it then you wont have to put quotes around it, on top of that your initial argument has something to do with nothing i am talking about

you participate in the subjective discussion and have never tripped

Sawdust
Sawdust
  • Member since: Mar. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 13:35:32 Reply

Can it, objectives like these are sickening.

I mean, there are plenty of awful Beatles songs and plenty of great rap songs. To state such a generalization would be foolish.

unowned
unowned
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 13:36:30 Reply

Can it, objectives like these are sickening.

in the province of the mind there are no limits

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 13:39:45 Reply

I don't find that true at all. I only REALLY like about 10 Beatles songs and I think that they are quite overrated. But to each his own. Music is a matter of taste an no one song is better than another.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Sawdust
Sawdust
  • Member since: Mar. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 13:41:27 Reply

At 4/24/11 01:36 PM, unowned wrote: in the province of the mind there are no limits

What does that have to do with the alleged superiority of the Beatles' discography over every single rap song ever released?

unownedJR
unownedJR
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to any beatles song > any rap song 2011-04-24 13:43:22 Reply

At 4/24/11 01:41 PM, Sawdust wrote:
At 4/24/11 01:36 PM, unowned wrote: in the province of the mind there are no limits
What does that have to do with the alleged superiority of the Beatles' discography over every single rap song ever released?

that would be like asking what the central nervous system has to with phenomena it perceives, you cannot find any truth because you're looking in the wrong area


the flash on this account isn't mine