New Topic Respond to this Topic
Zippy-MyMusic
Zippy-MyMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 09:45 PM Reply

Well, I started using facebook when I was 14 or so. I was on every now and then over the course of a few weeks. But then, after a while, I started becoming a regular, on every other day. Then every day. Then a few times every day. Eventually, the whole "Bored, Text me!" statuses got to me and I started becoming anxious over facebook. I woke up in the night and just "had to check" even though I knew I never had anything new to see. I would occasionally dream that I was on facebook and sometimes would post things in my sleep. I was becoming an addict to the goddamm site...or rather, a junkie. Today, I put the hammer down with all the self restraint I had left and deleted it once and for all. I honestly am hoping that someday the site goes bankrupt, as it has robbed me of many many hours of time I could have spent doing other things. Zuckerburg robbed me of hours that I never will get back, and I feel immense regret. But, today, finally, it's gone.

I feel more relieved now than I have in a long time. Kind of pathetic, but true. Has anyone else had a similar situation with facebook?

saltovergray
saltovergray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 09:47 PM Reply

Nope.

I go on, chat with people, check for news, and get off of it.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 09:59 PM Reply

I only use Facebook because I am starting a cult similar to that of Jim Jones'

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

PuRpLe-KusH
PuRpLe-KusH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:09 PM Reply

At 4/23/11 09:59 PM, EpicFail wrote: I only use Facebook because I am starting a cult similar to that of Jim Jones'

Laugh Out Loud

BBS Signature
CheapTrick
CheapTrick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:14 PM Reply

No, mainly because i'm introverted and i don't find it interesting to see uninteresting status, join pointless groups or see pics of the party i didn't go to.

Putting back fun in funeral.

BBS Signature
Zippy-MyMusic
Zippy-MyMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:16 PM Reply

At 4/23/11 10:14 PM, CheapTrick wrote: No, mainly because i'm introverted and i don't find it interesting to see uninteresting status, join pointless groups or see pics of the party i didn't go to.

that was my logic. I just wish I had done it sooner.

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:17 PM Reply

That's what I said... that's what we all said...

Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:19 PM Reply

People on facebook get way too comfortable. I had a friend who ripped On-Star out of his car because he didn't want them listening to him, but he's comfortable posting every detail of his personal life to some corporation's website forever.

BBS Signature
ThePhantomGamer
ThePhantomGamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:23 PM Reply

Not really. I've been using it for about 4 years, and I average about an hour a day.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:24 PM Reply

People join Facebook to join shitty games. I go there to see if my friends send me any kind of message, but nope just invites and "presents" from those shitty games.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
6r0undZ3r0
6r0undZ3r0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:24 PM Reply

Are you going to do the same with Newgrounds now? Maybe you should swear off of the internet altogether.

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:34 PM Reply

Nah, every time I go on there it's just no-lifers updating their statuses about what stupid thing they did that day. Thing is, I couldn't give a shit less. Those worthless wastes of life are nothing compared to me, as I am superior to everyone on my friends list no matter what happens, ever.

Alchemist94
Alchemist94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 11:31 PM Reply

no becasduse im not a lsoser

dekeizer
dekeizer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 07:12 PM Reply

At 4/24/11 07:01 PM, agustana wrote: Your facebook is never really ever deleted. All you have to do is log back on and it instantly comes back.

There is an actual link to delete your profile, but it is hidden and difficult to find.

Thilon
Thilon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 07:13 PM Reply

At 4/24/11 07:12 PM, dekeizer wrote:
At 4/24/11 07:01 PM, agustana wrote: Your facebook is never really ever deleted. All you have to do is log back on and it instantly comes back.
There is an actual link to delete your profile, but it is hidden and difficult to find.

Seriously? I thought that once you pressed the Deactivate My Account thingy you had just two weeks untill it was really deleted.

Missing: My Forum sig

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 07:28 PM Reply

At 4/23/11 09:59 PM, EpicFail wrote: I only use Facebook because I am starting a cult similar to that of Jim Jones'

Look, a racially integrated religious commune in the middle of blackest africa is a GENIUS idea, and don't you let Congress try to tell you otherwise!

My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

mushroomn
mushroomn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Programmer
Response to Facebook is out of my life for good Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 07:51 PM Reply

All of the OPs problems seem to be his own fault

Mushroomn. 6 years later it's kind of a dumbass name. Sorry about that

BBS Signature