00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Saints Row 3 Official Thread

6,951 Views | 79 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-12-26 08:06:19

At 12/25/11 10:36 PM, Chiroz wrote: Wow did anyone eles get problems getting acheivements? Seroiusly I beat the game and then I checked my acheivements and I didn't unlock SOOOOOO many when I was sopose to. The last one I got was for beating Chapter 1, after that none others works, which is fucking stupid. I'm not going to replay the whole entire game, they better make a patch to fix this. Seroiusly I had so many hours in it and no achievements...

I think the December 12 patch caused a few problems with achievements. Not really sure though I haven't actually played it for a while.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-12-26 16:48:44

Just finished the game and had no problems with the achievements. I guess they fixed it.

Thanks for the sig, fluffkomix!

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-12-29 02:07:58

Idk aperently the last patch fucked up a lot of peoples acheivements, such as mine. Which really pisses me off, they better make a patch to fix and detect all the acheivements you should have, other wise fuck saints row 3.

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-12-29 03:30:15

fun to max:
before you finish,
get 5 stars for both STAG and the Syndicate

Go to the zombie area, get a friend, call in saints, and just fight

I did it for so long, eventally no more stag or deckers spawned, no zombies ether. I asked my friend "did we win?" I think we did =D

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2012-01-17 21:35:19

I love this game but there's so many small issues that are bothering me probably much more than they should be.

First of all, trophy bugs DO still exist, I am assuming that every little XX/XXX [STUNT/KILLS/ETC] on the side is progress toward trophies, as I've got one so far following my counter on one of those, for something (can't remember what right now).

Well, I finished one after that, just a few hours ago and it was the 500/500 Near Miss, now maybe it's just a progress tracker for absolutely nothing, in-game, but I expected a trophy and got nothing.

I know it's a new city, Stillwater is history now and Steelport is the Saints' future, but does anybody else think that they have less stores in this one?

I don't mean ALL stores, I see plenty of Friendly Fire's and such, but when it comes to clothing/accessories there doesn't seem to be as much selection as Saint's Row 2 had offered, maybe I haven't seen enough in the city, but from what I've determined there are only about 4-5 different clothing stores in the game, including an emo-kid one...

No confession kind of sucks as well, that was a funny part of Stillwater in the past two games, driving and then running in to one of your businesses/cribs/whatever aren't as awesome as going through the confession drive-thru when you have 30 police cars after you.

And the major issue I want to bring up before I annoy everyone with 1,000 little things, is that they seem to have gotten lazy with the music library about halfway through development and say fuck it, I don't know how many time I have to turn on K.Rhyme to hear Kanye West or Tyler, The Creator's song playing, drive a bit more, kill some people, then hear it again.

I haven't checked out many radio stations in the game yet, but I hope that some have more than the K.Rhyme one does, I thought it was pretty bad, maybe it has about 20-25 songs by the amount of times I hear the same one's over, that's my guess.

Regardless, when I ignore these little things about the game that bother me, I have a great time and love playing, definitely worth the $65 - $70 price...

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2012-01-17 21:39:26

zombie area? what? Where is this?

Also, do completing any of the lines of activities give you perks? I remember getting unlimited sprinting and unlimited ammo for some guns by doing activities. anything like that?

Also, what do y'all say to people who insist that the driving sucked in SR 1 or 2? I think they're crazy.

Oh, and the Third makes all of the GTA games look like shit, which is saying a lot since they're all awesome, despite GTA 4's vehicle handling.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2012-01-17 21:42:32

Also, the "metal" playlist is a fucking joke. Most of it isn't even metal. There are some nice surprises, though, like Mastodon, Goatwhore, Strapping Young Lad, Opeth, etc. And though not quite metal, Faith no More is still tits. My "mix tape" is mostly classical music. I just added everything under classical to my thing.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2012-03-05 05:42:15

I'm considering picking this up off of eBay for around $30-ish. Does anybody else have a decent opinion or 25 words or less review of the game that may sway make me think twice, or should I snap it up at that price?

better yet, is there anywhere else on the internet where I can get it cheaper with free international shipping?

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2012-03-05 13:55:38

At 8 hours ago, NothingForever wrote: I'm considering picking this up off of eBay for around $30-ish. Does anybody else have a decent opinion or 25 words or less review of the game that may sway make me think twice, or should I snap it up at that price?

better yet, is there anywhere else on the internet where I can get it cheaper with free international shipping?

Very fun game but the campaign is quite short and disappointing. DLC is a ripoff but it'll give you about 60 hours of fun gameplay.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2012-03-05 22:07:33

The storylines are creepy as hell but overall game actions are great. I like the fighting systems too.

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2012-03-06 05:57:53

At 16 hours ago, dogpup4 wrote: Very fun game but the campaign is quite short and disappointing. DLC is a ripoff but it'll give you about 60 hours of fun gameplay.

I'm not the type of person that usually buys DLC so that shouldn't be a problem. Might look into it if I end up finishing the game real fast, though. I've watched a fair few videos on Youtube of it and it seems like it'll keep me entertained long enough, plus for $30, I can't see why I shouldn't at least give it a go.

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2012-03-06 15:59:40

At 10 hours ago, NothingForever wrote:
At 16 hours ago, dogpup4 wrote: Very fun game but the campaign is quite short and disappointing. DLC is a ripoff but it'll give you about 60 hours of fun gameplay.
I'm not the type of person that usually buys DLC so that shouldn't be a problem. Might look into it if I end up finishing the game real fast, though. I've watched a fair few videos on Youtube of it and it seems like it'll keep me entertained long enough, plus for $30, I can't see why I shouldn't at least give it a go.

Just to clear it up I meant that the game as a whole (with or without DLC) will give you about 60 hours, DLC adds about 2 hours, but yeah I recommend buying the game and maybe not bothering with DLC. It was the first DLC I ever bought for a game and I was extremely disappointed.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2012-03-08 07:48:41

These damn kids and their video games. When I was their age I was outside, mudering people in the fresh air.

Chat here if you like.

Thursday 6th October - Blue Sheep Memorial Day

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2012-03-08 09:35:48

At 1 day ago, dogpup4 wrote: Just to clear it up I meant that the game as a whole (with or without DLC) will give you about 60 hours, DLC adds about 2 hours, but yeah I recommend buying the game and maybe not bothering with DLC. It was the first DLC I ever bought for a game and I was extremely disappointed.

I'd say that's about right. I didn't bother with the DLC though, I was disappointed by Saints Row 2's DLC, and I learned from my mistake.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2012-03-13 12:18:12

I am a beast at this game. I am an angel of death.

I'd really want some DLC. Some of it looks really crazy. There's this video of guys driving an emu into an elevator, to the top of the building, and with "indestructible vehicle" on and these sticky bombs that give the car a boost mid-air since it can't explode; driving it off and getting a +2000 foot jump.

All available awesomeness aside, there's some other stuff I'd really like to see. I was disappointed by the limited music selection, and clothing. Why can hookers wear angel wings, and not me???

I miss my old sig )=

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2012-03-13 12:22:59

Also, I see a lot of people bitching about game time. A true Saint knows it's about seemingly endlessly long rampages, not just missions.

I do wish you could re-play the missions, though.

I miss my old sig )=

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2012-03-16 13:13:42

Found the coolest easter egg ever.
NSFW

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2012-03-16 18:42:59

At 5 hours ago, Squidbit wrote: Found the coolest easter egg ever.
NSFW

Nah, the mouth-raped-with-a-dildo-till-death fish in zimos' tank is the best

I miss my old sig )=

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2012-03-27 09:39:20

At 3/5/12 05:42 AM, NothingForever wrote: I'm considering picking this up off of eBay for around $30-ish. Does anybody else have a decent opinion or 25 words or less review of the game that may sway make me think twice, or should I snap it up at that price?

Well, I finally bought it. Cheaper than eBay, should be picking it up from the shop tomorrow. For $30 I'm sure I'll be happy.

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2012-05-05 20:15:07

At 5/5/12 08:14 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: I just grabbed this game from redbox. Why can't I see my character? The guy is completely invisible. Anybody know of a fix?

You need to download the DLC.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature