00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DashXero just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Saints Row 3 Official Thread

6,950 Views | 79 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-04-18 08:52:58

I used the sarchbar. I found no thread for this. So here it is. The game looks amazing. Much better than GTA. There's a lot of crazy shit to do in the new city of Steelport. I mean a lot! Cool games, wacky activities, from spraying poop on an elderly couple to skydiving naked on a tank. The April issue of Gameinformer has a ton of info on it. I can't wait for it. Discuss it here.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-04-18 09:02:09

Oh god, I... What?

Can you please try to make a decent opening post when you make an "official" thread?

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-04-18 17:33:40

Since the OP tells you nothing about it... Here's a bit.

Set release date is technically TBA, but is apparently going to be released in Q4 of 2011.

Obviously carrying off from the second, you're the leader of the gang. And the story is centering around the gang war between Third Streets Saints and The Syndicate.

I have a feeling it's going to be the same as the other two, which were nothing incredible really... It will be a rental for me.

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-04-18 17:37:02

Does Ultor have a role in this game? I always thought it seemed stupid, taking them out of Red Faction and putting them in Saints Row 2. Although I never did play the second title.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-04-18 19:56:23

At 4/18/11 05:37 PM, Dean wrote: Does Ultor have a role in this game? I always thought it seemed stupid, taking them out of Red Faction and putting them in Saints Row 2. Although I never did play the second title.

Wait, what the fuck? I've never played Saints Row, but why would Ultor be in it?

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-04-18 19:59:39

At 4/18/11 07:56 PM, ironraven24 wrote: Wait, what the fuck? I've never played Saints Row, but why would Ultor be in it?

I believe they had quite a major role in the second game and I really do think that was a pretty stupid decision. I have no idea how well it worked, but just the whole idea of them being in a Saints Row game sounds ridiculous to me.

http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Ultor

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-04-18 20:19:35

At 4/18/11 07:59 PM, Dean wrote:
At 4/18/11 07:56 PM, ironraven24 wrote: Wait, what the fuck? I've never played Saints Row, but why would Ultor be in it?
I believe they had quite a major role in the second game and I really do think that was a pretty stupid decision. I have no idea how well it worked, but just the whole idea of them being in a Saints Row game sounds ridiculous to me.

Ultor did in fact have a major role in Saints Row 2, as I have played it. Ridiculous yes, along all things Saints Row.

Compared to the police, Ultor was much more enforcing. Whereas normal police officers were generally ineffective, Ultor pulled out all the stops. Cause trouble with Ultor and you face soldiers in armored cars and helicopters armed with rockets. Why, you were practically facing a private army!

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-04-18 20:56:31

From what I've read, it's going to be the same shit as they've done in the last 2 games.

How surprising, you go into a city where 3 gangs (always 3 gangs) rule over and you have to take them out. Geez, try doing something different for a change. However, they do point out that doing missions will affect future ones or something. I hated how you could like, take out 2 gangs and the last one treats you like you're just a small time gang.

I don't know, I'm divided towards this game, I enjoyed SR 2, but it felt lacking and childish. Like you're character is just a "HELLZ YEAH LETZ BLOW SHIT UP" kinda guy, which, seems fun, but gets old eventually.

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-04-18 21:04:04

I love the series and am totally getting it as soon as it rears its head.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-04-18 23:12:35

I read that they made more customization for your gangs, I don't remember the full extent to it, but I know you can make a furry gang.

I don't hate anybody. even if you occasionally piss me off.

The Man who made my Sig

I am a huge brony.

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-04-18 23:29:14

At 4/18/11 11:12 PM, Mrmongooseman wrote: I read that they made more customization for your gangs, I don't remember the full extent to it, but I know you can make a furry gang.

If that statement is in fact true, then you can already not take this game seriously.

Saints Row is garbage, I'd much rather play a realistic game like this.

Ahem.. GTA

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-04-19 10:47:10

Saints row 2 is what GTAIV should have been, saints is classic fun like SA,VC,III,II,I i missed this kind of humor/minigames/missions why i love SR2, & 3 looks good even though we've only seen a clip of a guy get nut punched.

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-04-19 11:16:30

Story is really important for me in games I guess, if the story is lacking or dies down eventually half way through or near the end I just put it down.

Saint's Row's story has always been garbage really.

Join the Saint's, get fucked over.
Rebuild the Saint's, take off in a helicopter.

It's just lacking so much, GTA IV was a solid game though. I can play that game five times over right after the other without getting sick of it, and I think there is a lot more to do in GTA than Saint's Row games.

Besides that, GTA IV had some sick ass DLC.. The Lost and the Damned was an incredible purchase, I will never regret getting that. I can only hope the next GTA game is about a biker gang.

But enough about GTA..

Saint's Row has a lot of potential, and it would be a solid game if it had a solid story to it, unfortunately it doesn't in my opinion.

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-04-20 08:32:44

i'm really looking forward to this. The last one was super fun and has one of my favorite cut scenes of all time in it.

3rd Street!

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-06-09 22:20:14

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-06-09 22:32:14

Man I'm so stoked for sr3, I just hope the PC requirements aren't out the ass like last time.

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-06-09 23:12:20

As a fan on the Saints Row series, I am psyched for the 3rd installment. Of course, customization is king in SR, from cars and clothes for your gang, to now weapons, which definitely piques my interest. Customization is one of many things that has held GTA back to a degree, {San Anderas a possible exception.} and they could learn something from them for GTA 5.

I wonder if Ultor is going to get involved like they did last time, or do they go after someone else?

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-06-10 01:37:07

At 6/9/11 11:12 PM, orangebomb wrote: I wonder if Ultor is going to get involved like they did last time, or do they go after someone else?

Apparently you are going after the corrupt head of a multinational corporation or something like that so it's hard to say Ultor will be the main target, but they might get involved, unless they only really stayed in Stilwater.

I just want closure with the Dex story line. Maybe we'll get a run in with SR3. I hope we do.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-06-10 02:03:19

At 4/19/11 11:16 AM, EpicFail wrote::

Saint's Row has a lot of potential, and it would be a solid game if it had a solid story to it, unfortunately it doesn't in my opinion.

Saints Row 2's style is ''here, have some gun and blow the shit out of everything'' I like the whole sandbox fuck around for fun games.
What's the Saints Row series lacks in story it makes up and more in customization and dick around material.

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-06-10 07:36:30

At 6/9/11 10:20 PM, Ptero wrote: Why yes that is a giant dildo bat.

It does look like they've managed to go even further over the top once again, but I'm not sure how much I like that. A part of me thinks that the more over the top they go, the less I want to play the games because they're just going to feel really stupid and chaotic, but at the same time that sounds like awesome fun.

I've now played through the second title and it was definitely an improvement over the first. I must also say, the involvement of Ultor wasn't as bad as I previously thought but I'm glad there was no mention of them in this preview video.

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-06-10 10:40:50

Calling in an airstrike to destroy some enemy gang members? FUCK YES.

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-06-23 01:31:37

Holy shit. They have a car that shoots people at other people. Must. Play. Now.

I miss my old sig )=

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-06-25 16:52:17

Im bringing this thread back to life for the time being.

Small gameplay trailer.

E3 Animated trailer.

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-06-26 00:52:13

Oh man, this game.

This fucking game.

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-07-14 02:15:23

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-07-14 03:05:41

Iron man is a superhero

Iron woman is a command

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-07-14 03:54:05

Meh might try it out. But I can never get into Saints Row thanks to GTA 4. I prefer realistic games more.

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-07-14 19:49:59

I like Saints Row, yeah. I'll play the third. They do have a semi-decent story, but they really lost the feel in the second game, for some reason. I didn't really play Red Faction, so Ultor being there wasn't a big deal to me. Just some giant company. But, to me, I lost the feel for Saints Row with the second one. Less of a street gang and more over-the-top. And being a near super-human (ripping fire hydrants out of the ground) really loses it for me.

I like customizations, I do. I love that option. I enjoy the fun of the game, but something is missing. I'll always love GTA over SR, though.

I do like what i read that doing missions in one sense will have an effect in the future of another. That's good.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-08-11 19:19:40

Yeah, it has 'falling out of plane shootouts'. I'm really starting to sway towards this game now, mainly for the amazing piss around value.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to Saints Row 3 Official Thread 2011-09-03 05:30:14

Wow, some people in this topic who have really missed the point of Saints Row: The Third. Don't bash it for being unrealistic - its MEANT to be over the top, completely impossible fun. Thats what makes Saints Row so great and fun. This is the main story of SR:TT since no-one else has mentioned it:

The Saints are now a massive gang now, very famous and they're bored one day and decide to rob a bank. The robbery fails after Josh Birk (an actor who is accompanying the Saints to prepare for his movie role in a Saints movie) accidentally triggers an alarm. SWAT teams come and arrest you. Phillipe Loren and his secretaries Viola and Kika DeWynter rescue you from the jail in his plane, and it turns out that Phillipe is the leader of the Syndicate - a trio of gangs (the Morning Star, led by Philippe; The Deckers, led by Matt Miller and The Luchadores, led by Killbane) who are all connected and pretty much rule Steelport.

So then this mission happens. Basically Phillipe offer to either kill the Saints or force the Saints to become part of the Syndicate. The Saints aren't having this because they're the fucking Saints, they're not bowing down to those motherfuckers, so they jump out of the plane and fight Morning Star members on the way down to Steelport.

Eventually the Saints move from Stilwater to Steelport, and will take down the gangs and a group which is like Ultor but twice as brutal - STAG. They have hoverbikes and VTOLs which shoot lasers and missiles. But yeah, you're the leader of the Saints - you can take them all on, with dildo bats, apoca-fists and a shit ton of other weapons and vehicles, which are all customisable. Plus possibly the best character customisation in any game, ever.

So yeah. Best game ever?

god

BBS Signature