00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StemlyAnarchy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011

22,594 Views | 420 Replies

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-05-27 03:09:41

So, we've got a 2006 rematch. Times have changed and so have the playing staffs, but one thing is certain - there will be fireworks come game 1.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-05-27 23:28:45

Lebron's lucky, Dirk is scared because he still has nightmares about The Heat taking his dream away from him. :)

Maybe Lebron will be nice enough and let Dirk borrow his ring every so often. So Dirk can feel what it feels like to be a true champion of basketball.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-05-27 23:52:21

American Airlines is going to be loving this just like they were back in '06. If this goes the full 7 games, they're going to be 70 million dollars richer.

They own naming rights for both buildings.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-05-31 21:06:32

Well, game 1 is underway. Here's to hoping Dirk gets his first ring.

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-05-31 21:59:16

Right now the Heats are leading by three so the game can go either way.

This is interesting.

Will Kidd finally get his first ring or will he end up like Malone?

Elgin Baylor actually got a ring, he technically didn't earn it but the team awarded him one due to playing few games in his final season where the Lakers won.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-05-31 23:55:50

I told you Dallas fans that your team isn't good enough. :D

[B][I]Edit:[/I][/B] Wanted to add in the fact it was ridiculous how many rebounds the mavericks didn't even attempt to try to get. They are terrible at rebounds, atleast in this game they were.

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-01 00:17:38

Haters gonna hate.

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-01 00:31:02

The MVP of game 1 is....
David Stern

Go to my page!Noiw! U sux!!!1111

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-01 01:04:55

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2011 NBA Finals MVP:

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-01 01:21:05

Omg. Miami better lose in these finals... I'm rooting for Dallas.
My favourite team is the Celtics, and my favourite player is Rondo, so I obviously want Miami to get destroyed. Locally, there has been a lot of bandwagoning and hype over the free agency deal with Miami, and it just disgusts me, because they were all Lakers fans weeks ago.

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-01 01:46:24

I don't like either team in this final.

Miami just represents the one mentality I hate in sports which is to just buy all of your players and get results while Dallas is fucking Dallas and I hate them unconditionally.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of deal.

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-01 01:59:48

At 6/1/11 01:46 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: I don't like either team in this final.

Miami just represents the one mentality I hate in sports which is to just buy all of your players and get results while Dallas is fucking Dallas and I hate them unconditionally.

We gotta side with dallas, buying your players is the worst sin. Ashame I don't think dallas has the horsepower to do it. And I don't know but their rebound skills were so terrible it almost felt like some of the dallas players were paid off to not get rebounds.

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-01 15:04:06

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-01 15:13:45

At 6/1/11 01:59 AM, TheKlown wrote:
At 6/1/11 01:46 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: I don't like either team in this final.

We gotta side with dallas, buying your players is the worst sin. Ashame I don't think dallas has the horsepower to do it. And I don't know but their rebound skills were so terrible it almost felt like some of the dallas players were paid off to not get rebounds.

Lebron knows people hate him and wish to see him fail on basketballs biggest stage once more, like when he got swept in the 2007 finals against San Antonio. He knows people think he's the biggest fuckhead in the NBA, and he knows he's doing good. But that's not the worst of it.

He's proving his behavior is aright.

He didn't want to stay in Cleveland, okay. Did you have to pussy foot the media for months though, you attention whore? Are you happy you're vindicating yourself and your behavior, you God damn child?

I used to like him. He was the superstar for a team that really had no others to speak of. Everyone liked him in Ohio. But then he decides that money and a ring are more important than being an entertainer and a role model, so he sells his soul and joins up in probably one of the most hated teams in the history of the sport.

As much as I want Dallas to win and send him home empty handed, I know it won't happen, because money buys you championships most of the time and my gut says it's going to happen again this year.

Look at the Yankees...

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-01 15:33:22

At 6/1/11 03:13 PM, Krbyfan1 wrote:

I used to like him. He was the superstar for a team that really had no others to speak of. Everyone liked him in Ohio. But then he decides that money and a ring are more important than being an entertainer and a role model, so he sells his soul and joins up in probably one of the most hated teams in the history of the sport.

So being a flashy entertainer without a ring is better than having a ring? Granted Michael Jordan is a flashy entertainer with a ring but how many can be like him?

If I were in Lebron's shoes, I'd do the same. (Except I would have chose the Bulls, Lebron and Rose tandem would have been great...)

As much as I want Dallas to win and send him home empty handed, I know it won't happen, because money buys you championships most of the time and my gut says it's going to happen again this year.

Look at the Yankees...

You still have to play to win.

I mean if you bought the best players to form the team and stunk, what would you say? Games aren't decided by throwing money to the field.

You have to play the game or otherwise there's no point.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-01 15:53:50

At 6/1/11 03:33 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: So being a flashy entertainer without a ring is better than having a ring? Granted Michael Jordan is a flashy entertainer with a ring but how many can be like him?

If I were in Lebron's shoes, I'd do the same. (Except I would have chose the Bulls, Lebron and Rose tandem would have been great...)

The desire to win is not the problem. The pig-headed way he went about doing it by raising himself upon a pedestal above other free agents pisses me off. Sure you had no help in Cleveland, but you have to realize one man does not make a team.

He could have left with his reputation in tact and with a small base of well wishers, but his attitude after the fact has negated any support I had of him.

Look at the Yankees...
You still have to play to win.

I mean if you bought the best players to form the team and stunk, what would you say? Games aren't decided by throwing money to the field.

You have to play the game or otherwise there's no point.

I should rephrase that money helps buy championships. I bring up the Yankess because after Steinbrenner bought them they became the powerhouse of not only the AL division they are in but the entire league. They own about 28 World Championships (correct me if wrong on that number) and a lot of those came from the Steinbrenner years.

Now far be it for me to accuse the Heat from trying to become the Yankess of the NBA but they followed a tactic that, more often than not, produces a winning result by getting lots of talent for a lot of money. Yeah that talent can fall apart if not managed properly, and it's not to say it doesn't fail (believe me it does) but when you drop that much money of Lebron, Bosh, and Wade, three superstars from different teams you are basically saying "I have the money to do this, so why not?"

The Heat are going to beat Dallas AGAIN and Lebron will finally have his championship. In the most ass way possible.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-01 16:06:45

At 6/1/11 03:53 PM, Krbyfan1 wrote:

You got a point on the way he left but honestly, isn't one man not team make happens to be part of the reason why he left?

I should rephrase that money helps buy championships. I bring up the Yankess because after Steinbrenner bought them they became the powerhouse of not only the AL division they are in but the entire league. They own about 28 World Championships (correct me if wrong on that number) and a lot of those came from the Steinbrenner years.

27 titles actually, I wish they did won 28 (1994 ruined that).

Out of curiosity, how many of the titles do you think were won in Steinbrenner years?

The Heat are going to beat Dallas AGAIN and Lebron will finally have his championship. In the most ass way possible.

Still too early to tell.

If the Heat wins Game 2 and at least one game in Dallas, then there's a good chance the title will be theirs.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-01 16:20:26

At 6/1/11 04:06 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 6/1/11 03:53 PM, Krbyfan1 wrote:
You got a point on the way he left but honestly, isn't one man not team make happens to be part of the reason why he left?

Yes Iand I think we have gotten to an understanding here.

27 titles actually, I wish they did won 28 (1994 ruined that).

Out of curiosity, how many of the titles do you think were won in Steinbrenner years?

To my count somewhere near eight, from the time he gained ownership in the 70's till his death a few years ago. This means probably 1/4 of them came under his gaze and this is not including the times they at least won the AL pennant near four times during those years. That's about 12 trips to the Series in his almost 3 decades steering the ship.

My point is it's usually an underhanded tactic to use in professional sports but it's all a business. I can see where using it is beneficial, I just don't really like when it is applied.

Still too early to tell.

If the Heat wins Game 2 and at least one game in Dallas, then there's a good chance the title will be theirs.

I'll give one game to Dallas, if only to make it so that they had to play each series to 5 in a strange coincidence.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-01 16:32:58

Dallas better up their rebounding skills, that game was atrocious for rebounds.

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-01 17:32:25

The Mavericks can't rebound, Heat are sucking the refs' cocks, and Dirk hurt his finger.

Call me when next season starts.

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-02 11:33:02

I have a feeling that Miami going to win in 5, or at most 6, what with Dirk injured finger and the lack of rebounding on either side of the ball.

And about Lebron, I'm honestly tired of hearing about "oh he sold out on Cleveland, and he's a coward" and so on. First off, he was a free agent, which means he could take his talents anywhere he wanted, {which ended up to be Miami.} Second, the Cavaliers organization was rather pedentic in surrounding Lebron with All-Star talent, generally opting for aging big men and glorified D-League players all around him, instead of getting a Chris Bosh or Amar'e Stoudemire which he needed in Cleveland. If he wanted to win titles, he had to leave Cleveland and Dan Gilbert's inept ownership.

Now, I would agree that "The Decision" aired on ESPN was a stupid move on his part, and his Twitter feeds during the regular season was obviously ill-advised, but people really need to get over "he left Cleveland, he's a coward." because about 99% of us would gladly leave Cleveland for Miami, if it meant winning championships.

Also, everyone wants to pile on the Heat for spending a shitload of money to get what they want, and I can agree somewhat that pro athletes {and most college athletes} are glorified "mercanaries", but then again, if you don't spend money on your team, you can't expect to compete. Look at the Clippers and the Browns as an example, they never bother to spend any money on their teams, and it isn't no surprise that they are below .500 almost every year.

On the other side of the spectrum, the Yankees spend more money on players more than anyone else, and they're a championship contender almost every year, fair or not. I don't get why everyone bashes on the Yankees for spending shitloads of money, when teams like the Red Sox {who I utterly hate} and the Phillies do the exact same thing, and the media doesn't go after them. Also keep in mind that just because you spend a lot of money on your team, doesn't mean you'll win every time, {i.e Chicago Cubs or the Washington Redskins} so people need to stop using money as an excuse for their teams being horrible.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-02 16:12:06

At 6/2/11 11:33 AM, orangebomb wrote:

On the other side of the spectrum, the Yankees spend more money on players more than anyone else, and they're a championship contender almost every year, fair or not. I don't get why everyone bashes on the Yankees for spending shitloads of money, when teams like the Red Sox {who I utterly hate} and the Phillies do the exact same thing, and the media doesn't go after them. Also keep in mind that just because you spend a lot of money on your team, doesn't mean you'll win every time, {i.e Chicago Cubs or the Washington Redskins} so people need to stop using money as an excuse for their teams being horrible.

Not to mention how often the people who complained about the Yankees "buying" players are Red Sox fans and Mets fans (prior to Madoff incident).

If you remind the Red Sox fans about Manny Ramirez they'll go "LALALALA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, LALALALA!!!"

Then there's their failed attempt to get A-Rod...

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-02 21:39:33

Now THAT, that was the kind of first quarter I expected from these teams. I didn't mind watching that at all.

2 fouls on LeBron in the first quarter hahaha

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-02 22:03:22

go dallas

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-02 22:44:53

So yeah, no one can hit a three yet both teams keep attempting them like crazy.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-02 23:23:12

Aaaaand the Mavs are down 15 with 7:22 to go. This one sure turned boring in a hurry. See you guys for game 3.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-02 23:35:02

lol heat

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-02 23:38:36

Now it's getting real, the Heat will have to step up if they want to win this game.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-02 23:39:02

How the hell did the Heat lose a monster lead?

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-06-02 23:45:12

Fail Heats...epic fail!

On the bright side this will give Kidd a shot for a ring.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature