Be a Supporter!
PowerPrower
PowerPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Game abuse? Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 01:24 AM Reply

Thinking more on the subject, I made a comment in the best boss fights thread that has my mind stirring a little. Has anyone ever played a game and something really stupid happens that pisses you off? Or something that happens over and over that just takes a toll on your patience?

If so, what's the worst thing that you've done to said game (in or out) or a peripheral out of the rage that it caused you? Besides the moment I described, I've not gotten so pissed that I've done anything remotely close to that. Worst case scenario when I was younger I'd throw the controller on the ground. On a better day I used to just backhand the back of the sofa I was sitting on really hard, give it a couple of minutes, then try it again.

I'm just curious about this is all, since I know someone has to have some interesting, funny or just plain awesome stories of video game rage just boiling over. :p So, how about you guys?

Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm gonna fuck you with a rake
Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature
Magic-Mushroom
Magic-Mushroom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Game abuse? Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 01:34 AM Reply

Oh game rage how I hate you, I'd just get fucking pissed over shit. The worst I've ever done was punch my mouse.

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature
PowerPrower
PowerPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Game abuse? Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 11:39 AM Reply

At 4/7/11 01:34 AM, Magic-Mushroom wrote: Oh game rage how I hate you, I'd just get fucking pissed over shit. The worst I've ever done was punch my mouse.

Game rage can be a good thing at times I've discovered. Not often, but in some games when I've gotten pissed off at it, I've done better than when I was just trying and failing over and over at a task at hand. XD

I'm a console gamer myself more than a PC one, since I grew up having consoles for the majority of my life and a PC later on. I'd group that with the equivalent of controller bashing/throwing. :p

I remember one instance in the days LONG ago that really pissed me off was getting the X-Buster upgrade in the first Mega Man X title. I was amused in their remake of it on PSP that they changed the locations of the parts and made the X-Buster easily accessible. I just don't get why they switched some of the parts, making the helmet be the upgrade in Flame Mammoth's stage (though they made the part IMPOSSIBLE to not obtain, you just had to have the leg upgrade parts).

Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm gonna fuck you with a rake
Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature
HammerBrute
HammerBrute
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Game abuse? Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 04:43 PM Reply

During a particularly stressful game of CoD, one typical annoying player (the kind of person who uses the over-powered weapons and has absurd, immature gamertags [xx this, and aLl ThIs CrAp]) decided to get a little cheap kill by camping infront of my tactical insertion.
Needless to say I threw my controller at my TV.
Fortunately, I missed. but still, my controller was fucked and there's a big mark on my wall now.

Come on in, be a guy, pull up a chair!

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Game abuse? Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 04:47 PM Reply

I don't tend to rage over games at all. I think the worst I've ever done is grunt and clench my controller really hard.

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Game abuse? Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 04:57 PM Reply

At 4/7/11 01:34 AM, Magic-Mushroom wrote: Oh game rage how I hate you, I'd just get fucking pissed over shit. The worst I've ever done was punch my mouse.

lol.

Anyway, the most rage I get is frustration, then I proceed to turn the game off for a while, and play it again later. I don't really get mad at games, it doesn't really help anything.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Magic-Mushroom
Magic-Mushroom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Game abuse? Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 05:08 PM Reply

Perfect example,
>play 2fort map in team fortress 2
>run across battlements
>take an arrow to the head EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Game abuse?

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature
kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Game abuse? Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 05:09 PM Reply

I threw down a controller once. It made part of it pop out. Fixed it by hitting the controller again.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Game abuse? Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 05:23 PM Reply

My brother smashed a controller over my other brothers head once for some reason. Really pissed me off and upset me as it was my favourite controller and it broke it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Henchman1028
Henchman1028
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Game abuse? Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 08:01 PM Reply

At 4/7/11 07:33 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Splinter Cell Double Agent. It was one of those shitty undercover missions and I needed to infiltrate this guy's office and scan his fingerprints. Except nothing I scanned would register, not even his own fucking hands. To make matters worse, the piece of shit broken-ass excuse for a game crashed.

Fuck that game!

However, the worst thing I could do to it was uninstall it from my Steam Account, which isn't particularly satisfying. :(

Same game on the Okhotsk mission on the PS3 version. It took me 3 hours to try to 100% stealth that level (How can those guys see you from like 50 feet away when you are in arctic camouflage and in the middle of a blizzard?), and the first time, a body got found and I got 97% stealth. Needless to say, I was pissed. The second time I managed to get it, though. The Wii version of the level was much easier to 100% stealth, although the timed part was pretty hard (Mostly because the music doesn't change when you are seen so you don't know if the guards have seen you until they are shooting you in the spine).

sixflab
sixflab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Game abuse? Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 08:04 PM Reply

I've definitely dropped my controller and yelled in frustration but that's as far as it's gone. I might get annoyed at a game but i'd rather not break it.