00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

aniMATING just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Uncancel it already!

2,746 Views | 34 Replies

Response to Uncancel it already! 2011-04-06 03:52:32

At 4/6/11 01:12 AM, JoSilver wrote: NOW WHAT DID I SAY!!!!!!!!! >:(

Hey Arnold.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Uncancel it already! 2011-04-06 04:03:26

Faith and a .45

It looked to be one of the best games of 2007 (and beyond, maybe?) before it's company went bankrupt. If you don't know what the game is about, it's set in Depression-era US and it stars a Bonnie and Clyde-like couple who have to go through towns and keep each other alive for whatever reason. It had a third-person over-the-shoulder shooter playing like Gears of War in a way, but the mood was like the mega-hit of 2010, Red Dead Redemption.

And if that didn't sell you yet, there's the emotional side to it: throughout the game, you were to see the expanding relationship of the duo and if one were to fall in the heat of battle, the other could kiss them to bring them back to life.

I'll pause for the awws.

It's a shame this game never saw the light of day, nor would it ever so it seems. Who knows, someone might see the greatness in this game one day and bring it back to life. Would it be a hit? Would it be captivating in story as well as gameplay? Would all that it promised be untrue? These are things we will never know...

Tiberium

This game was to be a spirited successor to Command and Conquer: Renegade, a brilliant FPS in the Tiberium era of the Command and Conquer universe. I was in love with Renegade's story and great gameplay, especially for a game from a company who had no prior experience in the genre. In my eyes, the game would have been a hit, especially with current-gen graphics, nonetheless!

I actually had to search up what happened to this one, but it seems the game had a trailer released in January 2008 which showed it was alive and well after two years of silence (it was announced in 2006), but after 9 months of work, the plug was pulled by EA for not meeting quality expectations. If I saw the game and saw it was running on last-gen tech, then I can understand, but if they're talking quality issues in the C&C games, they should check out C&C 4: Tiberium Twilight and rethink what is quality and not. >:C