Respond to this Topic
Merck3
Merck3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 6th, 2011 @ 04:24 PM Reply

The prank is twofold, being that it exists and that we just did unpaid work to find bugs on Newgrounds. TrollTom.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 6th, 2011 @ 06:37 PM Reply

At 4/6/11 04:24 PM, Merck3 wrote: The prank is twofold, being that it exists and that we just did unpaid work to find bugs on Newgrounds. TrollTom.

I don't think you quite understand what the term "troll" means..

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
MisterRatburn
MisterRatburn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 6th, 2011 @ 07:12 PM Reply

At 4/6/11 12:42 AM, DarkMatter wrote: hear take this for your hurt butt *hands icepack*

that was copypasta.

joeyjoah
joeyjoah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 6th, 2011 @ 07:59 PM Reply

At 4/6/11 04:24 PM, Merck3 wrote: The prank is twofold, being that it exists and that we just did unpaid work to find bugs on Newgrounds. TrollTom.

trolltom.newgrounds.com

I wish that was an actual account...

q

rebornDARKstar
rebornDARKstar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 6th, 2011 @ 11:30 PM Reply

bahahahaha.
never throught of that one Tom. i'll keep it im mind for work next year
gonna go back to rating the vids and games now that this is done. i don't really
give a f**k about the money. but i certainly wouldn't want to hold
you responisble for it. i sure hope this websige doesn't go Titanic. it's the only reason i get
up in the morning most days.
love you Tom!

also this is totally unrelated but i just wanted to say. i spend a lot of time f**king around with the search box. i freaking love this thing. over time i've typed in incresignly more ridiculous garbage into it in the search for results.

by far the best thing that ever happened was the day i typed in The Most Epic Story Ever (of all time).
Tom Fulp's Biography came up. :)
i'll continue my epic search for more weird s**t.

sincerely DARKstar!

redfield95
redfield95
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Art Lover
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 6th, 2011 @ 11:58 PM Reply

At 4/5/11 11:57 PM, Menachem wrote: Jesus, Tom.

You had an opportunity to lead us on for, potentially, weeks. You passed up that golden chance. I am very, very disappointed in you, snapping so quickly.

Whoever that is, IS NOT AMUSED

Special thanks to illicit for making the most badass sig ever!
My Steam (Feel free to add me)

BBS Signature
Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 02:38 AM Reply

That's ridiculous. You can't make a joke so subtle nobody finds it.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

mrty
mrty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 05:51 AM Reply

So, I don't get it, what was the joke?

"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." -Stephen King

HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 07:42 AM Reply

Is it Luis' icon?

I think it's Luis' icon.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 08:43 AM Reply

At 4/4/11 01:35 PM, TomFulp wrote: Alright I'll admit it... The whole thing was an April Fools joke, as many people have suggested. There was no secret, there was no prize, it was a wild goose chase. APRIL FOOOOOLS!

Please don't hate me.

Couldn't you have at least switched the logo or font colors this year? I mean, I enjoyed last year's China thing (being chinese and all), but this year just stinks of laziness.

Just kidding. I know you guys are probably too busy with the redesign... right? ;)
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 01:04 PM Reply

At 4/7/11 08:43 AM, brokendeck wrote:
Couldn't you have at least switched the logo or font colors this year? I mean, I enjoyed last year's China thing (being chinese and all), but this year just stinks of laziness.

Just kidding. I know you guys are probably too busy with the redesign... right? ;)

that's the april fools joke.

There is no redesign.

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
missmindy
missmindy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 01:09 PM Reply

I knew there was going to be no joke :-) I spent all of five minutes looking and decided to watch everyone else scamper around and post

BBS Signature
alfraydo
alfraydo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 05:52 PM Reply

mr. thomas mackenzie fulp, i am not amused. good day, sir!

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

planbsk8erb
planbsk8erb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 11:08 PM Reply

i know what you did tom. you said theres a joke, then said theres no joke, but there is still a joke hidden somewhere in the deep deep bowels of the website. i shall find it, and when i do, i shall be proclaimed arch bishop of the penicorns.

SubNoctem
SubNoctem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Art Lover
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 8th, 2011 @ 01:30 AM Reply

We've been hosed...

DarkNoah
DarkNoah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 8th, 2011 @ 08:08 AM Reply

At 4/4/11 02:31 PM, MisterRatburn wrote:
At 4/4/11 01:35 PM, TomFulp wrote: Alright I'll admit it... The whole thing was an April Fools joke, as many people have suggested. There was no secret, there was no prize, it was a wild goose chase. APRIL FOOOOOLS!

Please don't hate me.
TOM (Thats your name right?).....

Well I'm sorry to hear that you're wasting so much talent..like you THINK you have. Certainly I can give you credit for having a brain and actually having some thought (and let me emphasize they are just thoughts!!)....BUT unfortunetly...you're a waste. No offence other then what you choose to spend your time on...like making a page about Fake Contests is quite rude to us level-headed people. Now I do realize as I make a statement like that... its kind of pointless because to refer to you as NOT being level headed..IS A GIVEN!!!

I do also realize that you state how you feel and you design a page like this one just for attention and feedback. YOU couldn't use your gifts (and I'm referring to your typing ability and ability to make a sentence....ONLY!!!! ...UNDERSTAND....I haven't been able to find verification that you have any intelligence what so ever...ESPECIALLY Positive intelligence!!!) I would like to take this opportunity to tell you what it is like to HAVE wisdom....you see....YOU DON'T HAVE WISDOM .....KID!!! (YOU'RE only 25....I can't believe you think like this!!!). Incase you DON'T know what WISE means (Its APPARENT YOU DON'T!!!)....I think I'll tell you.... WISE: Is ONE POSSESSING GREAT KNOWLEDGE and intelligence (you're lacking both!!!) also....Having the ability to make a RIGHT decision or judgment (of a decision, judgment, or ACTION) resulting from the use of this ability. YOU don't HAVE any of this ability!!! WHAT YOU ARE IS A WISEACRE (a man who FOOLISHLY PRETENDS to have great knowledge).

My suggestion to you is to spend less time PLAYING on the computer and making silly pages like this and use what (little) you know.....to actually benefit YOU and MAYBE someone or SOMETHING else!!! You're wasting so much time trying to get people upset, bothered, or maybe even agreeing with you that so much of your time is countless!! That is of NO concern to you though...right??? IF so....your ignorant to think you're going to actually BE SOMETHING!! (keep in mind that you certainly can be whatever you want...but remember....you can be as BAD as you like...but YOU WON'T win the race!!!!)

You claim to plan to be smart, intelligent, AND wise.....and you're supposed to be raising a family, and become.....WHAT...(I have to ask)???? HOW come you are here WASTING important time??? If you TRUELY want to be smart...CHANGE your way of thinking. SMART...IS being positive...and productive...in whatever you choose. As you appear to be.....your NOT smart...and thats really OK ...though......JUST stay the hell away from.....US POOR GULLIBLE NEWGROUNDERS!!! Other then that....do whatever you like!!!

I'm sorry I can't go on.....I truely regret because my thoughts of you are unfortunetly ENDLESS... you're like a BAD DREAM!!! I can go on a long time trying to HELP you understand..BUT I KNOW its useless!! SO GOODBYE!!
GOD HELP YOUR PARENTS!!!
AND GOOD LUCK!!!
BYE
Mister Ratburn

Haha, I'm late to the game, but I felt the need to reply to you, my good sir. First off, Tom may have tricked someone like you who was easily set to anger because your own intelligence is fairly low (found just a few - sorry that was a lie- a lot of errors in your own sentences). But to be honest a good lot of us just shrugged this off and continued on our way. The fact that Tom is making money from a website he created for fun back when he was younger and that you're not making money off something you did for laughs should mean he's done more than you. Luck or no luck, he's still done it.

By the way guy, noticed you're still level 1. Are you an alternate account for some bigger account that doesn't have the testicular fortitude to come forth and insult Tom face-to-face? Or maybe you're just terribly lazy and only show up at important moments.

Another hit at your intelligence, I apologize greatly, you do realize typing a sentence LIKE this is INCORRECT, right??? I mean HONESTLY you have words in caps that shouldn't be, and more question marks than a 4chan page. Offense is not spelled 'offence', 'you're' is not spelled 'your', 'thats' needs to be done like this: 'that's'.

I could go on about this all day, too many errors, if I sat here to correct them all it'd be the same as you trying to tell Tom something, so I'll end with this. Your post was no joke, you meant what you said, so should you try to return, you won't be able to use those as shields. And again - yeah- I know I'm late to the game on this one, blame school work otherwise I'd have torn into him sooner.

This is a highly ineffective signature, as I only had a few short spaces to type something here, also I was in a rush to type it as I'm currently arm wrestling Grizzlies.

Jochio
Jochio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 8th, 2011 @ 03:17 PM Reply

So Demon Tales was watched during the broadcast?!
Who would've imagined XD nice :)

Zyconis
Zyconis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 9th, 2011 @ 12:40 AM Reply

I didn't even look for one and I'm pissed.
All hail Tom, the greatest troll of Newgrounds.

MisterRatburn
MisterRatburn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 9th, 2011 @ 10:40 AM Reply

At 4/8/11 08:08 AM, DarkNoah wrote: Stuff

Read the whole thread you dumb sack o shit. lol.

henkk
henkk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 9th, 2011 @ 10:54 AM Reply

Meh

Turritopsis nutricula. Its a jellyfish. And its IMMORTAL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turrit opsis_nutricula

BBS Signature
ChuklesDaClown
ChuklesDaClown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 9th, 2011 @ 01:10 PM Reply

APRIL FOOLS! he is just using all of you as bug testers

The road to madness is just the scenic route to insanity

jomarcenter
jomarcenter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 10th, 2011 @ 05:36 AM Reply

if no one found the April fools and you want to show us what you want us to see put up a link where it is i want to know

neoalien12
neoalien12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 10th, 2011 @ 07:50 PM Reply

out of the way. '05er coming through, serious note. everyone complaining should go outside.

Fuck a signature.

groundpwndr
groundpwndr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 14th, 2011 @ 08:40 PM Reply

I am just going to leave this here: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/6807 49#bbspost12243908_heading

adoomgod
adoomgod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 17th, 2011 @ 01:23 AM Reply

I was one of the people who took one look at the "april fools challenge" and thought it was a lie.
April Fools is something that is suppose to make you feel like a fool, a prank that makes you feel stupid. How the hell would finding something hidden on the site be a prank? How would a subtle change on the site for a $250 reward have anything to do with what April Fools is suppose to be about?

Of course as someone mentioned before the 1% of me that was curious as to whether or not there was something changed nagged me but i figured I'd find out if that was the case after it was found.

Good April Fools, masterfully done.
Truly, despite all the whining haters, this was what April Fools is all about.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to April Fools Follow-Up Apr. 17th, 2011 @ 12:08 PM Reply

Please don't hate me.

My first april fools here and there's no fucking joke.

I was banned anyways.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature