Respond to this Topic
Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:11:31 Reply

Tom had 500+ lols on our behalf SCREW YUO TOM FLURP!

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

ME4Twaffle
ME4Twaffle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:26:05 Reply

At 4/4/11 01:35 PM, TomFulp wrote: Alright I'll admit it... The whole thing was an April Fools joke, as many people have suggested. There was no secret, there was no prize, it was a wild goose chase. APRIL FOOOOOLS!

Please don't hate me.

But, Tom! D:
I thought you loved me! :'C

Hey, I should win... I specifically wrote you a PM that stated "My guess is that the joke is that there is no joke AND you're going to make everyone wait until Monday to tell them. Right? RIGHT?! D:"

I'd say it's pretty clear who the winnar is. B]

knugen
knugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:26:13 Reply

How many page views did you get on april fool's compared to normal? :D

knugen
knugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:28:08 Reply

At 4/4/11 02:26 PM, knugen wrote: page views

aka ad revenue

Cordyceps
Cordyceps
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:30:50 Reply

The joke's on you, Tom; I was only pretending to look for the joke.

giuxXD
giuxXD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:31:30 Reply

At 4/4/11 01:35 PM, TomFulp wrote: Alright I'll admit it... The whole thing was an April Fools joke, as many people have suggested. There was no secret, there was no prize, it was a wild goose chase. APRIL FOOOOOLS!

Please don't hate me.

Who was the first one to guess it?

MisterRatburn
MisterRatburn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:31:38 Reply

Please don't hate me.

TOM (Thats your name right?).....

Well I'm sorry to hear that you're wasting so much talent..like you THINK you have. Certainly I can give you credit for having a brain and actually having some thought (and let me emphasize they are just thoughts!!)....BUT unfortunetly...you're a waste. No offence other then what you choose to spend your time on...like making a page about Fake Contests is quite rude to us level-headed people. Now I do realize as I make a statement like that... its kind of pointless because to refer to you as NOT being level headed..IS A GIVEN!!!

I do also realize that you state how you feel and you design a page like this one just for attention and feedback. YOU couldn't use your gifts (and I'm referring to your typing ability and ability to make a sentence....ONLY!!!! ...UNDERSTAND....I haven't been able to find verification that you have any intelligence what so ever...ESPECIALLY Positive intelligence!!!) I would like to take this opportunity to tell you what it is like to HAVE wisdom....you see....YOU DON'T HAVE WISDOM .....KID!!! (YOU'RE only 25....I can't believe you think like this!!!). Incase you DON'T know what WISE means (Its APPARENT YOU DON'T!!!)....I think I'll tell you.... WISE: Is ONE POSSESSING GREAT KNOWLEDGE and intelligence (you're lacking both!!!) also....Having the ability to make a RIGHT decision or judgment (of a decision, judgment, or ACTION) resulting from the use of this ability. YOU don't HAVE any of this ability!!! WHAT YOU ARE IS A WISEACRE (a man who FOOLISHLY PRETENDS to have great knowledge).

My suggestion to you is to spend less time PLAYING on the computer and making silly pages like this and use what (little) you know.....to actually benefit YOU and MAYBE someone or SOMETHING else!!! You're wasting so much time trying to get people upset, bothered, or maybe even agreeing with you that so much of your time is countless!! That is of NO concern to you though...right??? IF so....your ignorant to think you're going to actually BE SOMETHING!! (keep in mind that you certainly can be whatever you want...but remember....you can be as BAD as you like...but YOU WON'T win the race!!!!)

You claim to plan to be smart, intelligent, AND wise.....and you're supposed to be raising a family, and become.....WHAT...(I have to ask)???? HOW come you are here WASTING important time??? If you TRUELY want to be smart...CHANGE your way of thinking. SMART...IS being positive...and productive...in whatever you choose. As you appear to be.....your NOT smart...and thats really OK ...though......JUST stay the hell away from.....US POOR GULLIBLE NEWGROUNDERS!!! Other then that....do whatever you like!!!

I'm sorry I can't go on.....I truely regret because my thoughts of you are unfortunetly ENDLESS... you're like a BAD DREAM!!! I can go on a long time trying to HELP you understand..BUT I KNOW its useless!! SO GOODBYE!!
GOD HELP YOUR PARENTS!!!
AND GOOD LUCK!!!
BYE
Mister Ratburn

x-factor11
x-factor11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:33:05 Reply

At 4/4/11 01:37 PM, Narcissy wrote:
At 4/4/11 01:35 PM, TomFulp wrote: Please don't hate me.
Tom, wear it!

they see me trollin, dey hatin

chriz123
chriz123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:33:07 Reply

Hahaha, Brilliant. :3

warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Gamer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:33:10 Reply

Please don't hate me.

And with this post, Tom Fulp caused a mass suicide of teenagers across the globe.

BUT WHO CARES! He's kept his $250.

Sig made by simon <3
360 Gamertag - Warshark NG
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:33:30 Reply

At 4/4/11 02:26 PM, knugen wrote: How many page views did you get on april fool's compared to normal? :D

The amount fluctuates so much that it didn't really stand out - maybe an extra 100,000 pageviews. The ads are largely results-driven so they weren't noticeably impacted.

To top of all off, all these bug reports were for a codebase that is getting replaced soon. :P

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:37:53 Reply

The joke is that Tom and Wade aren't related at all. It's just been one elaborate joke that they were planning to unveil on April Fools, but then they decided they should keep the fact that they're lovers secret.

Also he's trying to control our minds with the water supply

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
x-factor11
x-factor11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:38:12 Reply

At 4/4/11 02:33 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/4/11 02:26 PM, knugen wrote: How many page views did you get on april fool's compared to normal? :D
The amount fluctuates so much that it didn't really stand out - maybe an extra 100,000 pageviews. The ads are largely results-driven so they weren't noticeably impacted.

To top of all off, all these bug reports were for a codebase that is getting replaced soon. :P

man we achieved so much this friday, were like, master repairerers, or something like that

SeeD419
SeeD419
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:40:40 Reply

Lmfao, the perfect April fool's joke. Anyone who spent time looking for it really would feel like a fool now.

I was gonna say...if nobody found it, seriously how intricate could it BE?

Minecraft server: proxa.co
PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download
Sig by illicit

BBS Signature
EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:44:59 Reply

At 4/4/11 02:33 PM, TomFulp wrote:

I kind of feel cheated since my answer to the april fool's was that this was largely a trick to get us to report bugs.

BBS Signature
ixfd64
ixfd64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:45:45 Reply

Please don't hate me.

Best. April Fools joke. Ever.

Making people believe there's a prank when there's none. :P

Find me on Facebook!

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:48:50 Reply

At 4/4/11 02:31 PM, MisterRatburn wrote: I'm sorry I can't go on.....I truely regret because my thoughts of you are unfortunetly ENDLESS... you're like a BAD DREAM!!! I can go on a long time trying to HELP you understand..BUT I KNOW its useless!! SO GOODBYE!!
GOD HELP YOUR PARENTS!!!
AND GOOD LUCK!!!
BYE
Mister Ratburn

No one ever compared me to a bad dream before. :(

April Fools Follow-Up

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:55:00 Reply

I demand that you reveal the secret. IT'S KILLING ME, THIS NOT KNOWING!!!

MisterRatburn
MisterRatburn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:57:33 Reply

At 4/4/11 02:48 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/4/11 02:31 PM, MisterRatburn wrote: I'm sorry I can't go on.....I truely regret because my thoughts of you are unfortunetly ENDLESS... you're like a BAD DREAM!!! I can go on a long time trying to HELP you understand..BUT I KNOW its useless!! SO GOODBYE!!
GOD HELP YOUR PARENTS!!!
AND GOOD LUCK!!!
BYE
Mister Ratburn
No one ever compared me to a bad dream before. :(

lol yes they did

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:58:28 Reply

At 4/4/11 02:55 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: I demand that you reveal the secret. IT'S KILLING ME, THIS NOT KNOWING!!!

Durp. Read the whole thread, WHFC. You moron...

At 4/4/11 02:31 PM, MisterRatburn wrote:

Please don't hate me.
TOM (Thats your name right?).....

Who pooped in your Fruit Loops?

Tiki-King
Tiki-King
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 14:59:22 Reply

"The Angry Face animation is no longer visible when you hold your mouse over the icon in the forums" I cant find that. What exactly do you have to do? Which icon?

thnx :)

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 15:03:11 Reply

At 4/4/11 02:57 PM, MisterRatburn wrote::

lol yes they did

OMG it has been too many years. I did think the bad dream part seemed familiar, just didn't realize it was directed at me. Dammit. NOW I'M THE FOOL!

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 15:04:00 Reply

At 4/4/11 02:59 PM, Tiki-King wrote: "The Angry Face animation is no longer visible when you hold your mouse over the icon in the forums" I cant find that. What exactly do you have to do? Which icon?

From any thread listing, put your mouse over an angryfaic emoticon and wait - you'll heard the audio, but the animation isn't showing up like it used to.

BBS Signature
Nicko9y
Nicko9y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 15:04:01 Reply

Tom just trolled more people at once than ever before on the internet ever. I think we have an epic troll in our midst..

April Fools Follow-Up

Ever wonder if your mom kissed you goodnight after she gave your dad a blowjob? Well, you do now.

BBS Signature
MisterRatburn
MisterRatburn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 15:04:11 Reply

At 4/4/11 03:03 PM, TomFulp wrote: At 4/4/11 02:57 PM, MisterRatburn wrote::
lol yes they did
OMG it has been too many years. I did think the bad dream part seemed familiar, just didn't realize it was directed at me. Dammit. NOW I'M THE FOOL!

pwned.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 15:04:31 Reply

At 4/4/11 02:59 PM, Tiki-King wrote: "The Angry Face animation is no longer visible when you hold your mouse over the icon in the forums" I cant find that. What exactly do you have to do? Which icon?

The icon that shows the status of the thread. Don't be scared...

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
joeyjoah
joeyjoah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 15:04:51 Reply

Thanks Tom. All I wanted was an answer to the April Fools joke, I'll go back to worshiping you now.

q

Sterance
Sterance
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Programmer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 15:10:21 Reply

Please don't hate me.

I was ready to write a nice "fuck you" post till i read this. I won't hate you since you admit it was a goose chase. After about 5 minutes of reading about the search, i was reminded of i-mockery's tetris game a few years ago.

this game really got me before and is a similar but better april fool's joke i think. better in that it had more substance and actually tricked me. Even then, i was only 99% sure that you were full of shit about the $250, and that 1% kept nagging me...

i imagine the reason you didn't come up with another chinagrounds is because you are making your slaves work on the new features. I think everyone will quickly forget this april fool's when the new stuff hits.

i rely on this site for daily entertainment, Tom. DON'T FUCK IT UP.

D

Fear Popo Bawa!!!
John Goodman | ¥
while(<>){chomp;print;}

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 15:13:25 Reply

At 4/4/11 03:04 PM, TomFulp wrote:

From any thread listing, put your mouse over an angryfaic emoticon and wait - you'll heard the audio, but the animation isn't showing up like it used to.

Actually the animation is showing up for me when I move the cursor of the icon after the audio starts. If I keep it on the icon it does not show up.

BBS Signature
Sterance
Sterance
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Programmer
Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 15:23:01 Reply

At 4/4/11 03:04 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Wow, i've found the motivational movie that stamper made about renovating (which still haunts my dreams) but i never knew about the angryfaic easter egg. It works perfectly fine for me. i'm using chrome on the latest version of ubuntu with the adobe flash plugin for linux.

Fear Popo Bawa!!!
John Goodman | ¥
while(<>){chomp;print;}