00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

April Fools Follow-Up

46,606 Views | 211 Replies
Respond to this Topic

April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 10:51:52

Sadly, no one found the secret for April Fools. Oh well, maybe next year!

Some of the things people noticed repeatedly (500 PMs):

"I noticed that all the top reviewers have a review count of zero. Is that your april fools joke?" - no but thanks for finding a bug

"At the bottom of the store page: newgrounds.com - Your #1 online entertainment community. "It navs amazing!"" - no but good observation

"Akuma is on http://www.newgrounds.com/staff.html when you click the random button." - that easter egg has always been there

"Okay, go into art then uncheck E, T, and M. And A if its not. then Look" - that easter egg has always been there

"was there always the silhouette of the NG tank on the graveyard flash on the obituaries page?" - yes

"is it the lack of images on the staff page?" - no but whoops, must be the new icon formats

"Is the April fools joke that you have hidden the most users online thing on the general forum" - no but I dunno where that went either

"The Angry Face animation is no longer visible when you hold your mouse over the icon in the forums" - weird, another bug catch

"on the voting buttons, pico's nose doesn't appear to be where it's supposed to be" - really?

"http://www.newgrounds.com/cat/ Is this it?" - nope, that's just old

"the order in which new Art is presented on the Front Page. Instead of the new ones appearing on the top-left corner and shuffling the rest to the right, they appear bottom-right and shuffle old ones toward the left." - another bug catch

"Choking Hazard: Small Parts. Also, don't try to eat the actual action figure itself. You could probably put it into a lubricated condom and try to swallow that, but it's not a good idea. | Not for children under 3 years. Unless your children enjoy eating plastic. If they're able to eat a lot of plastic, be sure to notify the Guinness Book of World Records. " - Nope that's an actual store item description

"The skyline showed in the reply box is the same as the one in the Newgrounds header, but is mirrored across the Y-axis and has a few changes." - ummmm

"The prank is that this website has somehow managed to exist for over a decade!" - :(

"There's nothing. Your gonna make us take time to find it, but nothing will be there." - that would be too mean

Here are some movies and games we stumbled across during our Friday broadcast:

Also, Austin Breed has announced the next Game Jam! April 15-17th.

Don't forget that Pico Day is April 30th! Annual Award nominees for games and movies will be announced this week, along with the Best of March.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 10:53:06

At 4/4/11 10:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: Sadly, no one found the secret for April Fools.

HOW STRANGE.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 10:54:05

Tell us what it was Tom!

BBS Signature

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 10:55:41

SECOND also there is no [prank

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 10:58:31

He should've just renamed it TROLLGROUNDS.

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:04:36

aww

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:06:35

At 4/4/11 11:00 AM, RockOn12 wrote: Didn't Narcissy found it?

Oh well,nvm,what is it?

Also Inb4 Luis! :D

it was just an elaborate photoshop job he did. he'll be glad someone fell for it

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:06:47

Does this mean you've taken down the joke.

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:07:39

Sigh...

inb4uknowwho

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:07:54

That, people, is how you get free QA.

Tell them to find an April Fool joke hidden on the website and wait for them to send you each and every glitch they find on the site :P

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:08:48

At 4/4/11 11:07 AM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: That, people, is how you get free QA.

Tell them to find an April Fool joke hidden on the website and wait for them to send you each and every glitch they find on the site :P

We'll have to hide an easter egg in the redesign and do this again after launch.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:09:44

At 4/4/11 10:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: "The Angry Face animation is no longer visible when you hold your mouse over the icon in the forums" - weird, another bug catch

Also, I didn't know this, so I just tried. You scared the shit out of me, dude! D:

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:22:02

I wasn't the naked pics of Tom secret?

BBS Signature

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:24:58

to bad nobody found it.

if you're stupid the joke is that secret isn't real, it IS the joke

I am mighty Sirguyman OR AM I?

Hail zeus!

BBS Signature

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:27:50

No one got it, what a surprise.

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:27:53

Tom you're evil!

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:29:39

Looks like we were had guys.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:35:17

Heh, you could use this as a way to make us users find bugs. If you do this on a more frequent basis, you should get rid of many unspotted bugs.

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:40:00

At 4/4/11 10:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: Sadly, no one found the secret for April Fools. Oh well, maybe next year!

the joke for next year will be no one submitting their videos to Newgrounds and moving to yoututbe...

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:50:04

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:53:04

at least we learned a valuable lesson: if you ever wanna clean up a bunch of tiny hard to find bungs on your website, tell everyone to find the secret joke.

follow me: TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:54:08

Not doing an April Fools joke is incredibly stupid Tom. If that's the case.

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:54:53

we were suppose to send in the joke? i wonder why they wasn't any thread, but i think i found it though?

BBS Signature

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:56:40

Looks like someone doesn't know how to read

BBS Signature

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:56:53

Damn, neither of mine were mentioned. Not only that, somehow I thought you would have noticed my Venture Bros fan fic by now. Maybe I just don't have what it takes to impress you people :S

April Fools Follow-Up

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 11:59:54

The joke is a lie!

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 12:00:35

At least Tom enjoyed the joke. Eh? And this one's real. I could put it on a video capture of me opening if you wanted.

April Fools Follow-Up

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 12:01:53

Tom,

I think we need to take some time off to reevaluate our relationship.

With Love,
Me

LOL

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 12:11:17

newgrounds.com/cat?
That was a stupid thing to PM. It's been there forever.

I lurked and posted on the April Fools area for quite a while, feeling angry. I see a follow up, and I feel hope. Then there is no answer...

Tom, come on. If no one found it, the least you could do is tell us what it was. I'm beginning to reconsider my idol. (maybe not that bad, but still)

q

Response to April Fools Follow-Up 2011-04-04 12:12:29

"There's nothing. Your gonna make us take time to find it, but nothing will be there." - that would be too mean

Oh you are mean Mr.Fulp.

I propose you something, you tell us what the joke was, and you get to keep your $250.
Sounds good right? ;D