New Topic Respond to this Topic
Seatbeltnazi
Seatbeltnazi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:58 PM Reply

I have this friend whose mom smokes crack in the same house as the kids, and he has found crack pipes and other such things. I have no idea who to call to get the kids out of that house. help me.

Is marijuana addictive? Yes, in the sense that most of the really pleasant things in life are worth endlessly repeating.

DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:01 AM Reply

Kidnap her, then hogtie her, then put a crack pipe with some crack and a lighter near her. Close enough so that it's all she can really focus on, but far enough away for it to seem impossible to reach.

Then tell her she can have a hit, but give her something like baking soda lol. yeah I know, fucked up but it's got as much a chance as anything else working.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
DeadEyeRanger
DeadEyeRanger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:05 AM Reply

At 4/3/11 12:01 AM, DarkMatter wrote: Kidnap her, then hogtie her, then put a crack pipe with some crack and a lighter near her. Close enough so that it's all she can really focus on, but far enough away for it to seem impossible to reach.

Whatever the hell this guy said.

kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:10 AM Reply

At 4/2/11 11:58 PM, Seatbeltnazi wrote: I have this friend whose mom smokes crack in the same house as the kids, and he has found crack pipes and other such things. I have no idea who to call to get the kids out of that house. help me.

As a former ward of the State, I will tell you this: DO NOT GET INVOLVED! Doing so will only get Child services involved. Which would put them through the foster care machine,

Yert
Yert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:14 AM Reply

I'm pretty sure the kids would rather be there instead of in some shitty foster home.

Seatbeltnazi
Seatbeltnazi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:18 AM Reply

Which is exactly what I want. Foster care. So how do I do it?

Is marijuana addictive? Yes, in the sense that most of the really pleasant things in life are worth endlessly repeating.

kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:19 AM Reply

At 4/3/11 12:18 AM, Seatbeltnazi wrote: Which is exactly what I want. Foster care. So how do I do it?

Get bent, you fucking ginger I'll be cold and dead before I put that shit on anyone.

zooos
zooos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:23 AM Reply

I have a couple of questions you should consider before you try and get involved.

#1) Does she actually smoke in front of the children, or just in the same house? Meaning does she smoke it even with the kids right in front of her, or does she go to a separate room and do it?

#2) Does she neglect her kids, or does she still take care of them, feed them, clothe them etc.?

Think about these and make sure you know before you even attempt to think about interfering. If she isn't neglecting them, and she isn't smoking directly in front of them, fuck off. Honestly, as long as she is doing her job as a mother, let her relax the way she wants. It'd be different if she did stuff like using money that's meant for the children's food on crack. But if she isn't you have no reason to get involved.

Not to mention just because they would be put into foster care, doesn't mean they are going to end up in a better situation. I mean, they could spend years waiting to get adopted, they could get adopted by even worse parents, they could be the kids that fall through the cracks and get abused without interference.

Think about what's actually right for the kids, not what you think is right.

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 04:01 AM Reply

At 4/3/11 12:19 AM, kisame wrote:
At 4/3/11 12:18 AM, Seatbeltnazi wrote: Which is exactly what I want. Foster care. So how do I do it?
Get bent, you fucking ginger I'll be cold and dead before I put that shit on anyone.

I'll do it for you. Call the police in your area. Then call social services. It's easy enough to look it up on the internet.

A coat of gold, a coat of red, a lion still has claws...

hypeserver
hypeserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 04:38 AM Reply

At 4/3/11 12:10 AM, kisame wrote: As a former ward of the State, I will tell you this: DO NOT GET INVOLVED! Doing so will only get Child services involved. Which would put them through the foster care machine,

I'm sorry, but foster care is a hell of a lot better than living with a crack head.

Fleuve
Fleuve
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 04:49 AM Reply

Don't listen to anyone here they dont know what the hell their talking about.
Call Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 and don't be afraid to.

Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 05:02 AM Reply

Stay out of it. At most convey your concerns to a parent, and let adults handle it.

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 05:04 AM Reply

At 4/2/11 11:58 PM, Seatbeltnazi wrote: I have this friend whose mom smokes crack in the same house as the kids, and he has found crack pipes and other such things. I have no idea who to call to get the kids out of that house. help me.

Stay out of it and deny all knowledge.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
Smorsh
Smorsh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 05:10 AM Reply

At 4/2/11 11:58 PM, Seatbeltnazi wrote: I have no idea who to call to get the kids out of that house. help me.

The fucking police?

Real artists draw their own user picture and signature. I am not a real artist.
Free sexay prons!
Sig credit to Ninjar.

BBS Signature
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 08:57 AM Reply

At 4/3/11 12:01 AM, DarkMatter wrote: Then tell her she can have a hit, but give her something like baking soda lol. yeah I know, fucked up but it's got as much a chance as anything else working.

Snorting up a mesh of salt and vinegar should do the trick.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
OingoBoingo
OingoBoingo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 09:00 AM Reply

Call the KKK nazi jews?

"The cup is nor half full, nor half empty, but entirely full of and overflowing with shit"-a gigantic faggot (myself)

Struggle
Struggle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 09:21 AM Reply

my girlfriend's mom is also an addict and when coral was a baby/kid/toddler/whatever, her mom would smoke crack around her too. seeing as how once an addict, always an addict; i've learned a lot about how drugs affect lives. so in other words, this is sort of "first hand experience"

- Do not leave the situation. make sure it is attended to. especially if your friend has younger siblings in the house, because they're very impressionable.
&
- Don't call the police either. While your friend's mother is an addict, i'm positive your friend still loves her no matter what she says. aside from that, if she has no family at all or nobody who could claim her, she will end up in foster care, and foster care really fucks up a kid (at least in movies, but it makes sense.) think about it; the government pays people who take in foster children, so a lot of people are in it to get paid and don't give a shit about the children.

Now if you're thinking "yes, but she does have family who could take her",

- You still shouldn't phone the police. Coral was lucky to have a grandmother who eventually saw how bad her living conditions were and adopted her. Her mother couldn't refuse, because if she did refuse, her grandmother could just as easily phone the police and have her taken away into the unknown. In abundance to this, her grandmother used Coral as something to work for to inspire Coral's mother to get clean.

TLDR
don't phone the cops, see if there's family/somebody close to take your friend.

BBS Signature
Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 09:25 AM Reply

CPS?

Steam I Last.FM I TF2 Crew I MSPA Crew
"Things were never easy for me, I was born a poor black child" -Steve Martin

BBS Signature
Struggle
Struggle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 09:39 AM Reply

now that i read through the thread i realize you have no idea what the fuck you're doing and your fucking with peoples lives, and on top of that, it doesn't concern you.

stay the fuck out of it

BBS Signature
zooos
zooos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 09:41 AM Reply

At 4/3/11 04:49 AM, Fleuve wrote: Don't listen to anyone here they dont know what the hell their talking about.

Really? and you do? I mean I don't approve of child abuse or child neglect, but those kids are probably not going to find any solace in child service's, again it will probably be the same or worse. Just because this lady smokes crack doesn't mean anything, I mean the OP hasn't told us anything about her mothering abilities, that's what really matters.

BBS Signature
FattyWhale
FattyWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 11:05 AM Reply

I wouldn't bother with the cops. Find out if there is a Child Protective Services branch in your state. If not, there is definitely some sort of child welfare branch in your state. Just to a google search to find out.

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
:3

BBS Signature
aznboi589
aznboi589
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:36 PM Reply

At 4/3/11 12:23 AM, zooos wrote: I have a couple of questions you should consider before you try and get involved.

#1) Does she actually smoke in front of the children, or just in the same house? Meaning does she smoke it even with the kids right in front of her, or does she go to a separate room and do it?

#2) Does she neglect her kids, or does she still take care of them, feed them, clothe them etc.?

Think about these and make sure you know before you even attempt to think about interfering. If she isn't neglecting them, and she isn't smoking directly in front of them, fuck off. Honestly, as long as she is doing her job as a mother, let her relax the way she wants. It'd be different if she did stuff like using money that's meant for the children's food on crack. But if she isn't you have no reason to get involved.

Not to mention just because they would be put into foster care, doesn't mean they are going to end up in a better situation. I mean, they could spend years waiting to get adopted, they could get adopted by even worse parents, they could be the kids that fall through the cracks and get abused without interference.

Think about what's actually right for the kids, not what you think is right.

I just wanted to agree with this post entirely, never put your own rights and wrongs, before the someone elses life. Their life is their own, and that includes their choices. If in the process it does appear to be abusive, you can't just do anything about it right on the spot. You have to prove it. You can't just change someone elses life on a wyhm because it doesn't seem right.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 03:10 PM Reply

Well, it depends on what you think is best for these kids. You could call the police to have her arrested and the children would go to Child Services. I hate to say it, but I really don't see how you could call a professional organization about this and not end up with the woman being arrested. You could take things to personal matters and try to help on your own. It seems like it's either that or she is going to jail.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

10JD
10JD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 03:12 PM Reply

I'm no expert. But I believe if there is illegal activity going on I'd say the cops. But Idk I may be wrong.

Hi

Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 03:15 PM Reply

Who cares? Let her smoke crack. She's not hurting anyone, right?

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 03:15 PM Reply

try yelling "fried chicken!"

nohomo
nohomo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 03:16 PM Reply

At 4/3/11 12:23 AM, zooos wrote: #2) Does she neglect her kids, or does she still take care of them, feed them, clothe them etc.?

This entirely, if she still takes care of them and they're happy, I see nothing wrong with what she does to relax in her spare time.

Fleuve
Fleuve
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 03:18 PM Reply

At 4/3/11 09:41 AM, zooos wrote:
At 4/3/11 04:49 AM, Fleuve wrote: Don't listen to anyone here they dont know what the hell their talking about.
Really? and you do?

I didn't claim to, that's why I wrote the number down.
I wouldn't trust zooos to have reliable info on social services, to tell him not to call now makes you an idiot in my books. Way to go.

TheThinWhale
TheThinWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 03:23 PM Reply

Is her smoking crack actually harming anyone? (besides herself)

Lorkas
Lorkas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Mom smokes crack around kids, help Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 03:24 PM Reply

lol

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature