00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why make Forum Signature for people

1,515 Views | 25 Replies

You spend your time and effort making them, then they change it after a week because they can.

Example:

"Hey guy, I realy like the Forum Signature you made me four seconds ago, But reasently I've been geting into raping cats. Make one about that with a redesign of my username logo and I promise I won't ask for another for aleast an hour. Thanks guys!"

Not only has this happend to me a lot, But others on the NG sig makers fourm topic.

Its a fucking waste of time and effort.

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 03:07:02

At 4/1/11 03:01 AM, TheColourAwsome wrote: Its a fucking waste of time and effort.

It doesn't surprise me that you don't have an ounce of kindness in your body with that. They make them for people because they are nice people and like to see people happy with their work, proudly displaying it around. As for the people who change after a week or so, it is indeed sad that idiots do this but sig makers choose whos signature they want to make so get over it.

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 03:07:11

Would you make me a sig, pl0x?

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 03:08:59

I'm looking at you, Ryan.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 03:15:13

At 4/1/11 03:07 AM, Narcissy wrote: Would you make me a sig, pl0x?

I Remember who made this sexy sig of mine.

BBS Signature

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 03:17:41

At 4/1/11 03:07 AM, Simple wrote:
At 4/1/11 03:01 AM, TheColourAwsome wrote: Its a fucking waste of time and effort.
It doesn't surprise me that you don't have an ounce of kindness in your body with that. They make them for people because they are nice people and like to see people happy with their work, proudly displaying it around.

I love to see people happy with my work its a great feeling. But when they change them so soon I makes me wonder how much they care.

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 03:18:14

At 4/1/11 03:15 AM, Kanon wrote:
At 4/1/11 03:07 AM, Narcissy wrote: Would you make me a sig, pl0x?
I Remember who made this sexy sig of mine.

Esshole is such a good guy, huh?

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 03:22:03

I mainly create signatures for people for practice. As I hate getting rusty in photoshop, I tend to do sigs every now and then so I don't lose my touch (no, not the phone). I suppose I could be doing other things, but I also enjoy creating something for someone, instead of it just sitting there with nobody to love it except me. Whether they choose to keep it indefinitely or for a short period of time, I really have no concern over, because honestly, a sig usually takes me 5-10 minutes average, unless it's a uniquely drawn one. That time is usually well spent to keep my skills intact and another person happy, even if for a moment.

That's exactly why I do it. But when people trade it after a week I feel like. "I realy tried with this art and your not trading it because you don't like it But because your board with it.

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 03:22:33

I'm glad there is a thead where people can get a signature made. Yes there are a few people who swap theirs out frequently but most people get one and stick with it. I've had mine for 6 months now.

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 03:22:59

Let me tell you, as a sig designer (though I haven't done much lately), I understand where you're coming from. But, let's be real, you don't expect their attention span to last too long. They get bored with it and move on. So far, I think Kanon's sig is the longest running one I had. But, I do expect him to drop it some time. Designers realize that people aren't gonna keep up with the same thing THAT long. You just got to learn to live with that harsh little bit.

The thing that DOES annoy me is when you make a nice sig and they don't give you credit.
Ahem:

Why make Forum Signature for people

BBS Signature

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 03:29:14

My sig just became 100% more derpy.

Kuro totally made me say this.

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 03:35:53

At 4/1/11 03:32 AM, Ninjar wrote: That kind of annoys me too. In all honestly, it shows respect. Although, I usually only care if the sig that I made carries blood, sweat and tears from the process that went into it, lol.

It's bad when some goes, "Hey man, nice sig!" and you're like, "Mother fucker!"

BBS Signature

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 03:42:47

At 4/1/11 03:22 AM, Narcissy wrote: Let me tell you, as a sig designer (though I haven't done much lately), I understand where you're coming from. But, let's be real, you don't expect their attention span to last too long. They get bored with it and move on. So far, I think Kanon's sig is the longest running one I had. But, I do expect him to drop it some time. Designers realize that people aren't gonna keep up with the same thing THAT long. You just got to learn to live with that harsh little bit.

The thing that DOES annoy me is when you make a nice sig and they don't give you credit.
Ahem:

I'm not about to drop this sig anytime soon, I still fucking love it. I usually change sigs at least once or twice every six or so months, so this'll be up there for quiet a while yet.

and again many thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 03:45:49

At 4/1/11 03:42 AM, Kanon wrote: I still fucking love it.

It would probably look nicer if your aura was evil. Just saying.

BBS Signature

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 03:54:35

It's bad when some goes, "Hey man, nice sig!" and you're like, "Mother fucker!"

Haha, so true.

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 05:12:23

At 4/1/11 03:01 AM, TheColourAwsome wrote: You spend your time and effort making them, then they change it after a week because they can . . .

. . . Its a fucking waste of time and effort.

Can't speak for other NGers. Won't even try. But it is extremely rare for me to change my Sig pic.

I've had this current one with the two masks since Tom re-designed the site back when we all had to change the length of our allowable Sigs. That would mean I've had this one at least 2 years and possibly longer. When was that re-design? I know it wasn't recent.

If some jack-ass begs for a new Sig, and then promises to keep it for at least an hour or a day; then tell him to fuck off.

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 06:02:43

Make your own signature and be badass.

I agree OP

Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 06:05:21

cuz you maybe "enjoy" making them!

BBS Signature

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 06:08:39

I have a collection of sigs but half of them are outdated due to my old username being on them. You need to chil out and stop taking signature making so seriously.

Shout out to CagedSilhouette, my favorite sig maker. Sexy bastard.

BBS Signature

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 06:13:26

Can't you just be happy they like your work instead of being pissy at how whimsical they are.

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 06:29:49

Why make grammar for people?

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 06:33:37

I have made many sigs for people..and nobody has ever put one on. Life sucks :(

But I love my own sigs.

!NG Birthday List! :3 Current Count: 151 <3|||HELLO OPERATOR!|||Greatest Thread Ever!

Formerly, and still,Rahvin-the-vampire. Thanks Valjylmyr :)

BBS Signature

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 07:00:00

Ok people, sorry for that out burst. I've taken in everything you guys have said.

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 23:16:02

I am not going to speak for everyone that creates digital art, simply for me. If digital media does not interest you anymore then do not do it. You really should not be creating art for people to gain their recognition or respect; you should be doing it for yourself. I do not create things in the NGSM because I need any kind of "cool points" from the person receiving it. The feeling you get from someone when they love your work in wonderful, don't get me wrong, but it should not be the only reason you do this.

I enjoy seeing what I am able to come up with when people request. Sometimes the requests are simple while others are complicated, it doesn't make any difference. It is about pushing yourself to new limits and learning as you go along. The more requests you fill the farther you are able to advance. As time goes on you change techniques, learn new skills, dump old habits; it is all part of the process. If your work gets used that is great, if not just move on to the next piece. Someone changing their mind a minute, week or month later does not diminish your skill.

People in the NGSM used to be there for the fun and the common place of making art. Sig making as a whole is a hobby. It is not a job or a life path you have to be the best at. Sig making is something fun to do with your time. It allows you to show others what you are capable of. If your work is not appreciated by others it should at least be by you. I see people re-requesting as another opportunity to practice my hobby. It is another way for me to show what I can do with a mouse and a little bit of free time. Use the NGSM to learn, grow, relax and just have fun. Don't look at it as an obligation or duty.

If you are serious about your art then look outside of Newgrounds if need be. The NGSM is a great place to build and advance yourself, but look into others places for more permanent storage and display of your art. I am not going to promote other sites here on Newgrounds, but you can look to my sig text for a link to somewhere I think you may enjoy. The DA link would be a place for you to check out if you want to showcase what you have done. You will find that all your work here on Newgrounds can be put there to display and be commented on. Just keep plugging away and do not get discouraged.

Above all else, remember that this is just the internet.

|NGSM|NGM|EGB|NGPD|DA|Sig by - CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 23:30:55

That's like saying that there's no point in bathing since we're going to get dirty again. You should do it so people will stop whining about it.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Why make Forum Signature for people 2011-04-01 23:34:13

You don't have to make the sig, you can also choose who to make it for. Also if you're really good, ask for something in exchange.