The USA belt is a nice touch =P

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Mar. 31st, 2011 @ 12:58 AM Reply

At 3/30/11 07:57 PM, CheechMBS wrote: The 2nd picture.

Imagine the name of this character i fhe were to be seen in WWE.

PizzaMan911
PizzaMan911
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Mar. 31st, 2011 @ 05:48 AM Reply

pretty good works here if you ask me

So the man walks in the bar and asks for a burger...and the waiter said "This is a French Restoraunt Sir".
So the man said: "Then gimme french fries instead!" lol

BBS Signature
silversunned
silversunned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Mar. 31st, 2011 @ 06:07 AM Reply

you really need to work on cleaning up the lines and shading (also proportions) interesting start though

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Mar. 31st, 2011 @ 08:35 AM Reply

You obviously just drew one half and then copy-paste-flipped it. That's a no-no.
Draw out the entire thing. It doesn't matter if the two sides don't come out identical, the human body is not perfectly symmetrical.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Mar. 31st, 2011 @ 08:51 AM Reply

At 3/31/11 08:35 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: You obviously just drew one half and then copy-paste-flipped it. That's a no-no.
Draw out the entire thing. It doesn't matter if the two sides don't come out identical, the human body is not perfectly symmetrical.

I dont agree with this.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with drawing halfof an image and the flipping it to get some symmetry. You just have to make sure its not exactly mirrored cause that will look weird. Luckily; op did just that.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Mar. 31st, 2011 @ 09:56 AM Reply

This is the image that shows the most effort, so I'll focus on this one. Incoming wall of text.

Your line quality isn't very good. They fluctuate in thickness too much and look somewhat sloppy. I've personally never worked in flash, so I'm not familiar what kinds of tools it uses, but you usually want to use a "pen" tool or something of the sort when making lineart.

Your anatomy could do with some work, as well. The most noticeable problem with it is the way his fists look. He looks as though he has two massive knuckles at the top of his hands instead of the usual four that one would have, and the veins or muscles or whatever that are present in the backs of his hands just look kind of slapped on, as though you felt like it needed something, anything muscular to fit the way the rest of his body looks. His forearm also attaches to his hands in a really awkward way, due to his lack of wrists. Lastly, his legs are very small compared to his torso.
The background consists of a bunch of very awkwardly thrown together trees. Hell, one of them even looks like it's floating in mid-air.
I will admit that I like how you're aiming for detail in his muscles and with the bullets around his torso and such. That's a pretty commendable effort.

My main advice for you is to sketch out what you want first, and then draw. Proper planning can lead to a great improvement in the outcome of your work. Yet again, I'm not familiar with flash, but if it's got layers, make use of them. For anatomy practice, you should definitely use references; for general human physique, I recommend Posemaniacs, and for more muscular physique, I'd suggest you just google bodybuilders. The best thing to do is to just keep drawing and working at it with the hope to improve.

God, I'm sorry for this. I usually don't mean to write such big critiques, but as I keep typing they just grow and grow.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Mar. 31st, 2011 @ 10:39 AM Reply

At 3/31/11 08:51 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 3/31/11 08:35 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: You obviously just drew one half and then copy-paste-flipped it. That's a no-no.
I dont agree with this.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with drawing halfof an image and the flipping it to get some symmetry. You just have to make sure its not exactly mirrored cause that will look weird. Luckily; op did just that.

You do have a valid point, and I guess yeah, for some characters and designs it is alright to just flip the image, there's nothing wrong with that. I just feel that when it comes to the human body, it just looks and feels unnatural (but that's just my opinion).

CheechMBS
CheechMBS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Mar. 31st, 2011 @ 05:24 PM Reply

Thanks guys thats exactly why i posted these as my first 2 pics.. i really wanted to get some stuff out there to see what people have to say and to hear good criticism. I will definitely work on my anatomy and stuff and i will definitely start using layers next time i actually have no clue why i didnt.. But thanks everyone! :D

CheechMBS
CheechMBS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Mar. 31st, 2011 @ 11:03 PM Reply

So i finally got my scanner to work.. here is a pic i drew about 5 minutes ago actually.. whatcha think?

Im new.. Check out my stuff??

DisturbedMDD
DisturbedMDD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Mar. 31st, 2011 @ 11:04 PM Reply

It's a good start of a flower...or a good quick sketch.

CheechMBS
CheechMBS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Mar. 31st, 2011 @ 11:08 PM Reply

At 3/31/11 11:04 PM, DisturbedMDD wrote: It's a good start of a flower...or a good quick sketch.

yeah i looked at a pic on the computer and then sketched and colored it.. i guess my scanner doesn't do color cuz i colored it red and white-ish lol

Leidolfr
Leidolfr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Mar. 31st, 2011 @ 11:12 PM Reply

At 3/31/11 11:08 PM, CheechMBS wrote:
At 3/31/11 11:04 PM, DisturbedMDD wrote: It's a good start of a flower...or a good quick sketch.
yeah i looked at a pic on the computer and then sketched and colored it.. i guess my scanner doesn't do color cuz i colored it red and white-ish lol

not that i can draw, but, you should try it in different patterns, draw it from the computer, draw it from real life, draw it as a continous line, draw it from shapes that arent it, not just the flower, anything, if i try to do it too perfect i fuck up, if i try to do it using just techniques i looked up i can focus too much on the technique and not what result im getting, its hard to apply things to other things like that, and if ya always drawing it from pictures, youll get comfortable, and nobody wants that

CheechMBS
CheechMBS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Apr. 1st, 2011 @ 06:26 PM Reply

Alright i tried drawing from memory this time how about this one? Its my version of "The Joker", and yes i know he is bald lol i did that on purpose

Im new.. Check out my stuff??

Peglay
Peglay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Apr. 1st, 2011 @ 07:00 PM Reply

I think you have some potential, keep drawing and getting better.

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Apr. 1st, 2011 @ 07:24 PM Reply

Well, if you say you did this in flash then here are few tips on making your pictures look a little more well done.
1st: Use the brush on a small size
2nd: Try to do your lines in quick strokes to make them look cleaner
abd 3rd: If you haven't got one, purchase a tablet, it helps out a lot once you get the hang of things
Happy Drawing!

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
DisturbedMDD
DisturbedMDD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Apr. 1st, 2011 @ 08:05 PM Reply

At 4/1/11 06:26 PM, CheechMBS wrote: Alright i tried drawing from memory this time how about this one? Its my version of "The Joker", and yes i know he is bald lol i did that on purpose

It's not bad. It's actually an interesting take on an iconic figure. But yeah, just keep practicing and your skills will get better.

CheechMBS
CheechMBS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Apr. 1st, 2011 @ 08:19 PM Reply

At 4/1/11 08:05 PM, DisturbedMDD wrote:
At 4/1/11 06:26 PM, CheechMBS wrote: Alright i tried drawing from memory this time how about this one? Its my version of "The Joker", and yes i know he is bald lol i did that on purpose
It's not bad. It's actually an interesting take on an iconic figure. But yeah, just keep practicing and your skills will get better.

Thanks man, i sure will.. Imma actually draw another pic later on tonight..

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Apr. 1st, 2011 @ 08:24 PM Reply

At 4/1/11 07:24 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:
2nd: Try to do your lines in quick strokes to make them look cleaner

This is good advice for some (especially those who don't have steady hands), but not for all. I personally go very slowly when drawing lines, and I'd say my lineart is usually pretty clean. The OP should figure out what's best for him.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
silversunned
silversunned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Apr. 1st, 2011 @ 11:04 PM Reply

your joker attempt looks like Troll-face! :D :D LULS

Asperchu
Asperchu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Apr. 1st, 2011 @ 11:47 PM Reply

You're fucking amazing, you're like a god, the art forum is graced by your presence.

CheechMBS
CheechMBS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Apr. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:06 AM Reply

At 4/1/11 11:47 PM, Asperchu wrote: You're fucking amazing, you're like a god, the art forum is graced by your presence.

dick..

maficmelody
maficmelody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Apr. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:34 AM Reply

Reminds me of Nosferatu. Well done.

hypeserver
hypeserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Im new.. Check out my stuff?? Apr. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:47 AM Reply

I think it looks pretty good, but I'd watch some of the shading around the nose. I don't know if this was accidental or not, but it appears that the shading is cutting off some of the detail.