00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Office Collab

6,116 Views | 113 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Office Collab 2011-03-29 19:40:40

The Office Collab

This idea came to me when I noticed how many people are fans of The Office. I know a lot of people prefer the original U.K. version, but that's not what I chose. I am an American after all. I fell in love with this show about a year ago, when some friends were watching it at a party. I found it funny, witty, smart and thoughtful. I'm hoping other people who see the same in this show will take interest in this collab.

The Idea

The image in my head for this collab is a series of stylish and funny animations to the top ten rated quotes from the show. Any style of animation is acceptable (sprites, sticks, etc.) with the obvious exception of Clocks and/or Locks, Glocks, etc.

Specifications

IF YOU INTEND TO JOIN, PLEASE READ THIS PART CAREFULLY!

Frame-rate: 24.0 fps (not default)
Size: 550 x 350 pixels (not default)
Background: #FFFFFF (white, default)

Do not add a signature in your clip. I will be doing the signatures. Also, there will be an option at the main menu of the flash to see small profiles the authors that will include some info, and a link to your page, which means you will need to include this in your post if you ask to join:

Name: (Username if you don't want to give your real name)
Age: (Really only important if you're a hot-shot young artist wanting to flaunt ;D)
Comment: (This can be anything you want to say about the show, the collab, or whatever)

Parts

Clip 1: Download
Jim Halpery: Question. What kind of bear is best?
Dwight Schrute: That's a ridiculous question.
Jim Halpert: False. Black bear.
Dwight Schrute: That's debatable. There are basically two schools of thought--
Jim Halpert: Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
Dwight Schrute: Bears do not... What is going on?! What are you doing?!

Clip 2: Download
Ryan Howard: Did this happen on company property?
Michael Scott: It was on company property, with company property. So, double jeopardy, we're fine.
Ryan Howard: I don't think-- I don't think you understand how jeopardy works.
Michael Scott: Oh, I'm sorry. What is, 'we're fine'?

Clip 3: Download
Jim Halpert: Does that include 'that's what she said'?
Michael Scott: Mmhh, yes.
Jim Halpert: Wow that is really hard. You really think you can go all day long? Well, you always left me satisfied and smiling.
Michael Scott: Mmmm... THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

Clip 4: Download
Michael Scott: Ladies and gentleman, I have some bad news. Meredith was hit by a car.
Oscar Martinez: Where?
Michael Scott: It happened this morning in the parking lot. I took her to the hospital. And the doctors tried to save her, life, they did the best they could. And she is going to be ok.
Stanley Hudson: What is wrong with you? Why would you have to phrase is like that?

Clip 5: Download
Michael Scott: Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I donno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make.

Clip 6: Download
Dwight Schrute: Welcome to the Hotel Hell. Check-in time in now, check-out time is never.
Jim Halpert: Does my room have cable?
Dwight Schrute: No. And the sheets are made of fire.
Jim Halpert: Can I change rooms?
Dwight Schrute: Sorry we're all booked up. Hell convention in town.
Jim Halpert: Can I have a late check-out?
Dwight Schrute: I'll have to talk to the manager.
Jim Halpert: You're not the manager, even in your own fantasy?
Dwight Schrute: I'm the owner... the co-owner. With Satan!
Jim Halpert: Okay, just so I understand it. In your wildest fantasy, you are in hell and you are co-running a bed and breakfast with the devil.
Dwight Schrute: But I haven't told you my salary yet.
Jim Halpert: Go.
Dwight Schrute: Eighty thousand dollars a year.

Clip 7: Download
Toby: Actually, I didn't think it was appropriate to invite children since it's, uh, you know. There's gambling and alcohol... And it's in our dangerous warehouse. And it's a school night. And, you know, Hooters is catering. You know. Is that- is that enough? Should I keep going?
Michael Scott: Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be.

Clip 8: Download
Michael Scott: You don't call retarded people retards. It's bad taste. You call your friends retards when they're acting retarded.

Clip 9: Download
Jim Halpert: [after Jim paired his headset with Dwight's cell phone] Hello this is Dwight.
Pam Beasly: [over the phone] Hello is this Dwight?
Jim Halpert: Yes it is.
Pam Beasly: Oh my goodness you sound sexy.
Jim Halpert: Oh, thank you. I've been working out.
Dwight Schrute: Woah woah woah! Pam! Pam! You are not talking to Dwight right now. You are talking to Jim.
Pam Beasly: [into phone] Dwight?
Dwight Schrute: No! [waving] I'm over here!
Pam Beasly: I'm confused.

Part 10: Download
Michael Scott: Toby is in HR, which technically means he works for corporate, so he's really not a part of our family. Also, he's divorced, so he's really not a part of his family.

Authors

Preloader/Menu: TheThirdSix
Intro: TheThirdSix
Part 1: Open
Part 2: Open
Part 3: Open
Part 4: Open
Part 5: Open
Part 6: TheThirdSix
Part 7: Open
Part 8: Open
Part 9: Open
Part 10: Open
Outro: TheThirdSix
Credits: TheThirdSix

I will be posting updates to the author list on my user page's news. Check there if you have asked to be in the collab. I will be updating it once every day.

The Office Collab

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-03-29 22:14:39

I'm in! I'll animate Clip 1. And by the way, which version of Flash are you using for this collab?

Response to The Office Collab 2011-03-29 22:53:27

At 3/29/11 10:14 PM, OutcastLabs wrote: I'm in! I'll animate Clip 1. And by the way, which version of Flash are you using for this collab?

That's great! You've got it! That quote is one of my favorites of all time. Good question; I'm using Macromedia Flash Professional 8.

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-03-29 23:56:47

I really love the office, and I've been wanting to do an office related animation for the longest time.. I wish you had one with creed? If there is no chance of that, I'll take number 9.

season 3 rules ;)

Writing songs for cigarettes and credit would be cool.

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-03-30 00:13:46

At 3/29/11 11:56 PM, EASTBEAST wrote: I really love the office, and I've been wanting to do an office related animation for the longest time.. I wish you had one with creed? If there is no chance of that, I'll take number 9.

season 3 rules ;)

Creed is also my favorite character. He and I have the same birthday, ha ha! Sorry that there aren't any clips from him on here. I would add one, but ten clips is plenty. You've got nine, for sure! Thanks a lot.

Season three DOES rule!

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-03-30 00:41:52

Hey! mind if i join? I would love to take clip 6! :P Funny as hell!

Click my sig for my mo-fuggin website.

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-03-30 03:04:22

BenKNG and I messaged each other, and he's got part seven, not six, since I have six. Thanks for joining, dude!

For anyone interested, here's what I have done with the preloader and menu. The buttons don't work or anything on the menu, but it's decent so far.

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-03-30 07:44:55

The office is my favourite show.... by a long way! :P
I'd love to join if I could,
can I take clip 8...?

Cheers.

Response to The Office Collab 2011-03-30 11:15:27

That menu is sick

Writing songs for cigarettes and credit would be cool.

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-03-30 13:55:29

At 3/30/11 07:44 AM, Signedoutz wrote: The office is my favourite show.... by a long way! :P
I'd love to join if I could,
can I take clip 8...?

Cheers.

It's my favorite too! You've got part 8 dude, thanks.

At 3/30/11 11:15 AM, EASTBEAST wrote: That menu is sick

Thanks a lot man! I worked really hard on it. I'm still working on the authors page and the intro.

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-03-30 17:01:11

At 3/30/11 03:48 PM, speeling wrote: I think you shouldn't assign people parts of a collab. I think this would be 100% more effective if people did their own versions of the US Office and submit them.

I'd do it like that, but as of now sorry

You have a point, and I did consider that an option. If you'd like to find a clip of your own and animate it, I wouldn't object if I found it deserved a spot in the collab. Thanks for posting!

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-03-31 05:12:50

Holy shit, that's a good menu :P

anyway I'm a bit confused about the clips, do they have to be just an animation of the person talking or something with them talking over it.

Cheers

Response to The Office Collab 2011-03-31 15:06:36

At 3/31/11 09:08 AM, Travis wrote: I would love to be apart of this, but I don't think I would do it the justice it deserves.

Plus the part I want is already taken haha.

Either way, good luck with this collab because that menu kicks ass.

It's unfortunate that you don't think it'd do the show justice. I think if all of the author's put in a lot of effort and really express through animation, it'd turn out to be amazing. Thanks for the good luck, and thanks about the menu!

At 3/31/11 05:12 AM, Signedoutz wrote: Holy shit, that's a good menu :P

anyway I'm a bit confused about the clips, do they have to be just an animation of the person talking or something with them talking over it.

Cheers

Thanks dude! The animation can be anything you want, really. It can be a literal interpretation of the actual part in the show, or a display of what it makes you think of... Get creative! Remember the Phoenix Wrong movies? They were just clips from movies and shows synced to sprites, but it was successful and funny. Just really let the creative juices flow.

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-03-31 16:03:06

At 3/31/11 03:58 PM, Travis wrote:
At 3/31/11 03:06 PM, TheThirdSix wrote: It's unfortunate that you don't think it'd do the show justice. I think if all of the author's put in a lot of effort and really express through animation, it'd turn out to be amazing. Thanks for the good luck, and thanks about the menu!
Oh, I think this collab could easily do the show justice, I was talking about my animating on it.

I've taken a look at your submissions, and you definitely seem to know what you're doing in flash. Give it a try! I'm sure you'd do great. I'm sorry the part you want was taken, but feel free to pick a different one. The author list is in my news on my userpage.

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-04-02 21:44:27

Hey im interested in animating part 5 if its still available. When is the deadline?

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-04-03 01:51:24

At 4/2/11 09:44 PM, zeebrafication wrote: Hey im interested in animating part 5 if its still available. When is the deadline?

Part 5 is available, so you've got it. I have no set a deadline yet.

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-04-03 08:08:23

I chose the wrong number, i actually wanted to animate no. 4
What environment are there characters going to be situated, do they have to be in the office?

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-04-03 10:40:32

I'll take number 8, it seems simple and easy for me, got an idea in mind for it already.

You don't mind it being my first time do you?

Response to The Office Collab 2011-04-03 14:46:11

I love the Office! Oh my god this collab is gonna be awesome! I'd love to take part 3 if thats still open.

Stay Gold

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-04-03 16:43:47

At 4/3/11 08:08 AM, zeebrafication wrote: I chose the wrong number, i actually wanted to animate no. 4
What environment are there characters going to be situated, do they have to be in the office?

I can switch you to part 4, no problem. You can do whatever you'd like. Just let your imagination do the animating.

At 4/3/11 10:40 AM, DeanFry66 wrote: I'll take number 8, it seems simple and easy for me, got an idea in mind for it already.

You don't mind it being my first time do you?

I'm sorry for not mentioning it in the original post, but I'd like anyone wanting to join to have some experience in flash. If you can show me an example of your work, I can make a judgment. Thanks.

At 4/3/11 02:46 PM, Chimbley wrote: I love the Office! Oh my god this collab is gonna be awesome! I'd love to take part 3 if thats still open.

Yeah! I'm glad you're excited too. You may have part 3, no problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-04-03 19:12:57

This sounds like fun. I'll take part 5 if you don't mind.

Oh, and here's an updated list of who has what.

Preloader/Menu: TheThirdSix
Intro: TheThirdSix
Part 1: OutcastLabs
Part 2: Open
Part 3: Chimbley
Part 4: zeebrafication
Part 5: open
Part 6: TheThirdSix
Part 7: Open
Part 8: Signedoutz
Part 9: EASTBEAST
Part 10: Open
Outro: TheThirdSix
Credits: TheThirdSix

Response to The Office Collab 2011-04-03 19:20:21

At 4/3/11 07:12 PM, GodOfVideoGames wrote: This sounds like fun. I'll take part 5 if you don't mind.

Oh, and here's an updated list of who has what.

Part 5 is your's man! Yeah, if anyone wants to see a list, my userpage will have an updated list at all times.

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-04-03 20:14:57

I have a proposal. Instead of me doing part 3, could I do this quote?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poDLjwSma W0&feature=related

its only if every body else is cool with it. This is just my favorite. Of course, I can always stick with the number three thats what she said. Its whatever

Stay Gold

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-04-03 20:18:29

At 4/3/11 08:14 PM, Chimbley wrote: I have a proposal. Instead of me doing part 3, could I do this quote?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poDLjwSma W0&feature=related

its only if every body else is cool with it. This is just my favorite. Of course, I can always stick with the number three thats what she said. Its whatever

The only problem I have with allowing this is the fact that the audio quality will be different. I went through a great effort to ensure high audio quality in each clip. Maybe you can animate it along with part 3 and I can make the clip you picked an easter egg in the movie? I think that'd be a great feature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-04-03 20:21:43

no prob man

Stay Gold

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-04-03 20:22:22

At 4/3/11 08:21 PM, Chimbley wrote: no prob man

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your understanding. This collab is going to be amazing; I can already tell! You're a great addition to the team.

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-04-03 21:57:57

At 4/3/11 09:16 PM, Travis wrote: Screw it, I am in.

I will take that last spot of 10 if you will have me.

I'm glad you reconsidered! Thanks a lot. 10 is your's dude.

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-04-03 22:24:56

It won't let me download the file.

Response to The Office Collab 2011-04-03 22:57:06

At 4/3/11 10:24 PM, GodOfVideoGames wrote: It won't let me download the file.

I've PM'd you a new link. Thanks for telling me!

At 4/3/11 10:36 PM, Travis wrote:
At 4/3/11 09:57 PM, TheThirdSix wrote:
At 4/3/11 09:16 PM, Travis wrote: Screw it, I am in.

I will take that last spot of 10 if you will have me.
I'm glad you reconsidered! Thanks a lot. 10 is your's dude.
Thank you.

Now, I am almost sure that 10's clip is from a little confessional, but can you find me the actual video for it?

It's from the season 2 episode "Sexual Harassment". This is a link to a video that has the clip at the beginning. There you go.

BBS Signature

Response to The Office Collab 2011-04-03 23:23:21

I got 7?

Click my sig for my mo-fuggin website.

BBS Signature