Be a Supporter!
MeteorManMike
MeteorManMike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
lame_enc.dll??? Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 04:55 PM Reply

It wants me to download something called lame_enc.dll to build my game with sounds. Problem is, I have no idea which one to download. There are several different versions. That and it might also still be floating around on my system since upgrading to windows 7 and I don't want to screw up my system by downloading another, unnecessary copy. Not even sure if I ever had it in the first place. Nope, I think I'll just continue my work with Game Maker.

FlyinV
FlyinV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to lame_enc.dll??? Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 05:04 PM Reply

Sorry its so hard for you .. you're missing out on a cool program.

Maybe you should upload some of your GM SWF games up to Newgrounds?

FlyinV
FlyinV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to lame_enc.dll??? Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 05:19 PM Reply

From the help file:

For licensing reasons, The Games Factory 2 Newgrounds Edition doesn't come with MP3 encoding routines, though MP3 encoding is required to include sounds in SWF applications. Fortunately The Games Factory 2 Newgrounds Edition can include sounds in your SWF applications if the LAME MP3 DLL (lame_enc.dll) is installed on your machine. The LAME MP3 DLL is a free MP3 decoding/encoding library. If it's not installed on your machine, look for lame_enc.dll on the Internet and copy it to your machine. When you'll build an application with sounds, The Games Factory 2 will ask you for the pathname of lame_enc.dll. Visit http://lame.sourceforge.net/ if you need more info about LAME (you cannot download lame_enc.dll from this web site though).

You can get the DLL here -- http://www.dll-files.com/pop.php?dll=lam e_enc

MeteorManMike
MeteorManMike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to lame_enc.dll??? Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 05:27 PM Reply

If you know of a way to convert GM files into SWF, I would be beyond happy. However, to my knowledge, there isn't one.
With regards to the file, the "free registry scan" makes me just a little nervous. Maybe the file will work, maybe it won't. Problem is, if it doesn't, my system is hosed.

FlyinV
FlyinV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to lame_enc.dll??? Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 06:08 PM Reply

No don't click on any of the links or run any programs.

Look for the DLL direct download link.

FlyinV
FlyinV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to lame_enc.dll??? Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 06:09 PM Reply

Down the page a bit look for the little link that says

Or you can Download lame_enc.dll here

I hate all these pages that try to trick people into downloading crap.

MeteorManMike
MeteorManMike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to lame_enc.dll??? Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 06:11 PM Reply

At 3/28/11 06:09 PM, FlyinV wrote: Down the page a bit look for the little link that says

Or you can Download lame_enc.dll here

I hate all these pages that try to trick people into downloading crap.

Thanks, I'll try it. I've just seen any number of the "free virus scan" type things that actually give you a virus.

Sandile
Sandile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to lame_enc.dll??? Apr. 30th, 2011 @ 05:33 PM Reply

At 3/28/11 05:19 PM, FlyinV wrote: From the help file:

For licensing reasons, The Games Factory 2 Newgrounds Edition doesn't come with MP3 encoding routines, though MP3 encoding is required to include sounds in SWF applications. Fortunately The Games Factory 2 Newgrounds Edition can include sounds in your SWF applications if the LAME MP3 DLL (lame_enc.dll) is installed on your machine. The LAME MP3 DLL is a free MP3 decoding/encoding library. If it's not installed on your machine, look for lame_enc.dll on the Internet and copy it to your machine. When you'll build an application with sounds, The Games Factory 2 will ask you for the pathname of lame_enc.dll. Visit http://lame.sourceforge.net/ if you need more info about LAME (you cannot download lame_enc.dll from this web site though).

You can get the DLL here -- http://www.dll-files.com/pop.php?dll=lam e_enc

Thank you so much for the link to download this LAME thing. I was looking for it forever and was never able to find it! I downloaded it once, but I just got a bunch of files and none of them were the one I needed.

metroidfannumber1
metroidfannumber1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to lame_enc.dll??? Oct. 29th, 2011 @ 04:47 AM Reply

if you want to find a good version of it, try downloading liveswif. it's a flash program that contains a version of lame_enc.dll and you can use it for tgf2. that's what i did.

TOAST

metroidfannumber1
metroidfannumber1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to lame_enc.dll??? Oct. 29th, 2011 @ 04:48 AM Reply

i also go to this website where you can get pretty much any .dll you can think of.

TOAST