Be a Supporter!

The Room!

  • 996 Views
  • 34 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ScelesticFish
ScelesticFish
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Animator
The Room! 2011-03-26 23:22:34 Reply

For those of you who care (which should be everyone) Tommy Wiseau's masterpiece, The Room will be playing on adult swim Thursday March 31st at 12:30am, so if you haven't seen it, this is your chance.
I highly recommend this for those who've played The Room Game and haven't seen the movie.
Even if you have seen it, watch it again.

lawlmaster
lawlmaster
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Gamer
Response to The Room! 2011-03-26 23:23:37 Reply

Sweet heads up! Now I'll finally be able to go around and sprout lines formt he movie and actually know what they mean!


A spear in your chest and a fire in your ass. I only play as Scorpion in MK games, because I'm that much of a fanboy.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Room! 2011-03-26 23:24:38 Reply

Watched the movie. Didn't care for it.

Worst movie of all time, maybe... I just didn't like that 25% of the movie was softcore porn if you can even call it that.

ScelesticFish
ScelesticFish
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Animator
Response to The Room! 2011-03-26 23:25:57 Reply

At 3/26/11 11:24 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Watched the movie. Didn't care for it.

Worst movie of all time, maybe... I just didn't like that 25% of the movie was softcore porn if you can even call it that.

But that's what makes it so awesome!

Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to The Room! 2011-03-26 23:26:16 Reply

I saw the movie, and the game is a pretty accurate remake. The acting is just so horrible though...
Also, sex scenes. Sex scenes everywhere.

megakill
megakill
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Room! 2011-03-26 23:26:16 Reply

Okay cool.

Anyway, how is your sex life?

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Room! 2011-03-26 23:31:12 Reply

At 3/26/11 11:25 PM, ScelesticFish wrote: But that's what makes it so awesome!

What the softcore porn? Once or twice okay, but we didn't need all of it. I liked what Tommy Wiseau was going for with this movie and it's one that could be remade into something better, but the acting is atrocious.

I like the story, but I hate how it was told. The cinematography is amazing with only a few instances where it's bad. The overall score was good except for those awful songs that played during the softcore porn parts.

Overall though I didn't think this movie was as bad as people were saying, but it's certainly a bad movie.

HighWay
HighWay
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Room! 2011-03-26 23:33:31 Reply

Yay! Time for me to watch the 3rd greatest movie of all time


The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
Minchken
Minchken
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Room! 2011-03-26 23:33:50 Reply

At 3/26/11 11:26 PM, megakill wrote: Okay cool.

Anyway, how is your sex life?

Can't say, Mega


I love Dawn from Pokemon.

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Room! 2011-03-26 23:34:40 Reply

The atrociousness is what makes it awesome, no?


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to The Room! 2011-03-26 23:35:04 Reply

At 3/26/11 11:33 PM, The777Demon wrote: So is it still 2010? I'm having deja vu of 2010 right now. I guess 11 hasn't happened yet.

You're right, things can only be talked about for one year. Guys, this thread needs to be deleted.

Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to The Room! 2011-03-26 23:35:24 Reply

I think this is gonna be a tradition now. They did it last year on April Fool's Day, and based on the buzz it's garnered from the game and it's already strong cult following, it's looking to be a yearly thing.

Klik
Klik
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to The Room! 2011-03-26 23:35:33 Reply

fuck I just realized my cable has been since October, damn you Netflix.

ScelesticFish
ScelesticFish
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Animator
Response to The Room! 2011-03-26 23:39:39 Reply

At 3/26/11 11:31 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 3/26/11 11:25 PM, ScelesticFish wrote: But that's what makes it so awesome!
What the softcore porn? Once or twice okay, but we didn't need all of it. I liked what Tommy Wiseau was going for with this movie and it's one that could be remade into something better, but the acting is atrocious.

I like the story, but I hate how it was told. The cinematography is amazing with only a few instances where it's bad. The overall score was good except for those awful songs that played during the softcore porn parts.

Overall though I didn't think this movie was as bad as people were saying, but it's certainly a bad movie.

No, no, the shittyness of the movie. Although anything mildly pornish is appreciated, the sheer terriblness of the film is what makes it enjoyable! It's the same reason people watch those horrid SyFy originals.

Klik
Klik
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to The Room! 2011-03-26 23:46:20 Reply

At 3/26/11 11:35 PM, klik wrote: fuck I just realized my cable has been gone since October, damn you Netflix.

fixed

DrClay
DrClay
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to The Room! 2011-03-26 23:47:50 Reply

I'll only watch it if they show those space ghost clips again like last time

Why the fuck did they stop airing SGCTC

TF2 Crew I User Icon Makers Club I Source Filmmaker Crew I
NEWGROUNDS TF2 Server: 192.223.24.28

BBS Signature
XenonMonkey
XenonMonkey
  • Member since: May. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Room! 2011-03-27 00:17:40 Reply

At 3/26/11 11:22 PM, ScelesticFish wrote: For those of you who care (which should be everyone) Tommy Wiseau's masterpiece, The Room will be playing on adult swim Thursday March 31st at 12:30am, so if you haven't seen it, this is your chance.
I highly recommend this for those who've played The Room Game and haven't seen the movie.
Even if you have seen it, watch it again.

Notice the fact that March 31st at 12:30 is actually April 1st.

Adult Swim airs the room every year on April Fool's eve. In fact, it's the only thing they'll air all night.


BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Room! 2011-03-27 01:18:23 Reply

I saw that commercial and immediately messaged Tom telling him the two different times it's showing.


Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
Kevin
Kevin
  • Member since: Jan. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to The Room! 2011-03-27 01:20:39 Reply

Every last Friday of the month The Room shows in theaters at a theater in L.A.

I still need to go to that.

Bye.

BBS Signature
XenonMonkey
XenonMonkey
  • Member since: May. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Room! 2011-03-27 01:22:46 Reply

At 3/27/11 01:18 AM, J-Rex wrote: I saw that commercial and immediately messaged Tom telling him the two different times it's showing.

Let me tell you in advance.

Tom doesn't give a shit about the room.


BBS Signature
Dogmeat
Dogmeat
  • Member since: May. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to The Room! 2011-03-27 01:24:29 Reply

At 3/27/11 12:17 AM, XenonMonkey wrote: Notice the fact that March 31st at 12:30 is actually April 1st.

Um, no... March 31st at 12:30(presumably AM you mean) is March 31st 12:30AM...

What you're looking for is April 1st 12:30(presumably AM).


I AM THREAD KILLER!

BBS Signature
axlisbak
axlisbak
  • Member since: Jan. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Room! 2011-03-27 01:25:03 Reply

One day i'll stop being lazy and get the movie to watch, dont have cable tv as of yet

The Room!

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Room! 2011-03-27 02:30:42 Reply

At 3/27/11 01:22 AM, XenonMonkey wrote: Tom doesn't give a shit about the room.

Actually he and others at the Newgrounds Office love "The Room" it's why they made "The Room Tribute."

groundpwndr
groundpwndr
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Room! 2011-03-27 02:41:14 Reply

At 3/27/11 01:24 AM, Dogmeat wrote:
At 3/27/11 12:17 AM, XenonMonkey wrote: Notice the fact that March 31st at 12:30 is actually April 1st.
Um, no... March 31st at 12:30(presumably AM you mean) is March 31st 12:30AM...

What you're looking for is April 1st 12:30(presumably AM).

I was seriously rubbing my forehead at this. I wish you kids would pay more attention in school and spend less time watching Adult Swim, it makes you stupid.

XenonMonkey
XenonMonkey
  • Member since: May. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Room! 2011-03-27 02:58:52 Reply

At 3/27/11 02:30 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 3/27/11 01:22 AM, XenonMonkey wrote: Tom doesn't give a shit about the room.
Actually he and others at the Newgrounds Office love "The Room" it's why they made "The Room Tribute."

I meant to say, he doesn't give a shit about it anymore. Tons of people have mentioned The Room to Tom in the recent live broadcast, and he's cordially told them to shut the fuck up about The Room.


BBS Signature
groundpwndr
groundpwndr
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Room! 2011-03-27 03:43:57 Reply

As much as I hated the "movie", I am using that term very loosely, and I sorta kinda almost maybe enjoyed the game, I thought I ought to drop this link in case anyone wanted to round out there "The Room" life experience.

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/room

Im-A-Pirate
Im-A-Pirate
  • Member since: May. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Room! 2011-03-27 05:32:15 Reply

Wow, and here I thought you kiddies were done with this joke. You guys sure do love beating dead horses into the ground.


"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent, we can attack in any direction!"

Senmetsu
Senmetsu
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Room! 2011-03-27 05:46:36 Reply

At 3/27/11 05:32 AM, Im-A-Pirate wrote: Wow, and here I thought you kiddies were done with this joke. You guys sure do love beating dead horses into the ground.

Dead horses are my favorite... or in other terms:

Dead horse is dead ;)

i c wut i did thar

!NG Birthday List! :3 Current Count: 151 <3|||HELLO OPERATOR!|||Greatest Thread Ever!
Formerly, and still,Rahvin-the-vampire. Thanks Valjylmyr :)

BBS Signature
megakill
megakill
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Room! 2011-03-27 07:32:54 Reply

At 3/26/11 11:31 PM, The-Great-One wrote: I liked what Tommy Wiseau was going for with this movie and it's one that could be remade into something better

I think we all know what needs to be done here...

The Room!

f-izzle
f-izzle
  • Member since: May. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Room! 2011-03-27 10:31:58 Reply

Good news!
Too bad there's no adult swim in Holland.
By the way, i have breast cancer.