I haven't gotten around to doing a formal post for this page yet, so I'll do one now.
1. This thread is for posting friend codes, QR images, and pictures using mii QR and/or on-line play photos. Un-related photos will "derail" the thread.
2. Arranging on-line play, discussing on-line play, and discussing upcoming on-line features, discussing meeting up with thread participants in real life, are suitable discussion topics and other topics may become relevant to the thread based on what functions Nintendo creates for the 3ds. Un-related discussions will "derail" the thread.
3. Try to avoid having discussions about 3ds games that don't directly involve on-line play. Those discussions are better suited for official game threads (example:).
4. Don't post your friend-code if you don't plan on adding other people's codes. This creates frustration and confusion, and is considered "trolling".
5. Keep this thread clean. No sexual, obscene, excessively violent, hateful, or racist images and posts are allowed in this thread. This goes for the messages over your mii in your friend list. Kids who have parents supervising their use of this thread and their 3ds may get in trouble if we post inappropriate material. And yes, making a penis on your mii's face is not allowed.
6. Don't refuse to add someone's friend code then rant on about why they are stupid/ugly/a homosexual/ etc... We don't want to create conflict in the thread, and if someone refuses to add your code, accept it and move on. If the reason behind the refusal is personal, avoid cluttering up the threads and instead use other forms of communication (like the PM system) to settle your argument.
7. If you plan on selling/loaning/not using your 3ds, please make a post explaining that you won't be active for a period of time. We don't want people wondering if you're dead, when you are really just taking a break from your 3ds.
8. Don't make fun of a user because of their lack of skill level (or excess of skill for that matter) in on-line play.
9. In accordance to forum rules, the maximum number of "member" posts per page is one.
10. Don't make "official" posts if you haven't been chosen to make them. We don't want people posting possibly false information, and if you want to volunteer to make official posts, just ask someone who already does so.
The basic how-to guide:
1. Posting your friend code: First start up your 3ds and go to the home menu. Select the orange smiley face at the top of the screen to view your friends list. Go to your mii's card and your code should be on the top screen. Post in the thread with your code. It's as simple as that!
2. Adding someone to your list: Since we can't physically bring our 3ds's close enough for a local registration, choose Internet when registering a friend's code. Enter a name for the person if they have not yet entered your code. Don't worry about the name, when they add you, their name will be fixed. To ensure that someone knows you added them, send the person a PM with your friend code inside.
3. Uploading a QR image: When making a mii, you have the choice to save them as a QR card image. This makes a bar-code type image specific to your mii save on your SD card. This acts just like a regular photo, so by using an SD card reader, you can post your QR card picture (which is in the 100NIN03 and 101NIN03 files) just like uploading a regular image to the BBS. You can skip the SD card reader by uploading the photo through your 3ds' internet browser as well.
Member list up to October 3rd, 2011:
Members are in order of date when code was posted.
Legend: M=Member D=Date they posted their code C=Code
M: Nentindo D: 3/26/2011 C: 3823 8508 7043
M: fawnret D: 3/28/2011 C: 0860 3237 7432
M: Lulzcal D: 3/28/2011 C: 3523 2051 0919
M: ZeldaFreak701 D: 3/28/2011 C: 0301 9780 8157
M: LoliTastic D: 3/28/2011 C: 0130 1801 3606
M: simon D: 3/29/2011 C: 2878 9581 7218
M: Bobbybroccoli (guess why there's no link) D: 3/29/2011 C: 2449 4635 1039
M: Soulofjazzman D: 4/1/2011 C: 0860 3240 9637
M: xports D: 4/5/2011 C: 2105 8664 0311
M: Lionel738 D: 4/13/2011 C: 4210 3998 8810
M: bnd1234578 D: 4/16/2011 C: 3308 4601 1541
M: monk3ymagic D: 4/16/2011 C: 0688 5271 5410
M: TheBoyOfAges D: 4/20/2011 C: 4553 9985 0597
M: S1ap5h0t D: 4/28/2011 C: 4468 0982 0314
M: ParadoxVoid D: 4/30/2011 C: 4554 0013 7847
M: divadkanon D: 6/22/2011 C: 4511 0452 7549
M: platypuspwn D: 8/7/2011 C: 4124 4996 3997
M: illuminate D: 8/13/2011 C: 4811 7120 3872
M: berthon D: 8/13/2011 C: 0344 9415 0942
M: Ericje D: 9/3/2011 C: 4339 2680 2444
M: Anti-pie D: 9/6/2011 C: 3308 4778 9450
M: Schizo-Sephy D: 9/18/2011 C: 3566 1532 7142
M: Vinstogator D: 10/3/2011 C: 1332 7740 2704
M: Nicknicolau D: 10/3/2011 C: 0559 7001 0289
P.S : I HAVE ADDED EVERYONE HERE.
Since the price drop, we've had mor activity than we ever had in months.
I always add everyone on the list, with a couple exceptions.
Tetris has had his account deleted, so his original post and code are gone.
Soulofjazzman has only posted once in hisentire NG lifespan, and failed to add any one in this thread.
Question of the week: What third party 3ds game are you most looking forward to? I am looking ofrward MGS 3, because I really want to get into the MGS series, even though it requires the anolog stick add on.