New Topic Respond to this Topic
LiLSkinnyAzN
LiLSkinnyAzN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Leveling and Reviewing Question Mar. 25th, 2011 @ 01:39 AM Reply

So I read the FAQ page about leveling up in New Grounds, how do you do that? Can anyone specify for me? My English isn't that well and I'm having trouble deciphering what its trying to say. (An example might enlighten me)

Also what counts as an abusive review when you review another person's work and what happens if someone reports your post?

Heinrich
Heinrich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Movie Buff
Response to Leveling and Reviewing Question Mar. 25th, 2011 @ 01:51 AM Reply

To get XP you need to vote on five flash games or movies and it will automatically deposit your XP. You can get 10 XP per day.

If someone reports you regarding abusive reviews, all they have to do is mark your review as abusive and a review moderator will look at your review and decide if it is abusive or not. If yes then there's a good chance you'll receive a temporary ban.

To avoid this, make sure you offer constructive criticism without being a jerk about it and you should be fine.

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to Leveling and Reviewing Question Mar. 25th, 2011 @ 01:59 AM Reply

At 3/25/11 01:39 AM, LiLSkinnyAzN wrote: So I read the FAQ page about leveling up in New Grounds, how do you do that? Can anyone specify for me? My English isn't that well and I'm having trouble deciphering what its trying to say. (An example might enlighten me)

In order to level up, you must go to the Portal and vote on five different movies/games. When you have voted on your fifth item, then it will say "Your experience has been automatically deposited!". Come back the next day to do it over again and when you have earned enough experience you'll level up.

Also what counts as an abusive review when you review another person's work and what happens if someone reports your post?

If someone reports your review and there is enough flags, it is checked by a Review Moderator. If the review is abusive it can be deleted and the user banned. Banning however is for the most egregious of offenses like spamming or being insulting, etc. If it's not found to be abusive the review is kept and the flags removed.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
LiLSkinnyAzN
LiLSkinnyAzN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Leveling and Reviewing Question Mar. 25th, 2011 @ 02:51 AM Reply

Thank you people for the help, especially for the link to the portal reverend.

Also another question, what happens if you report a review and its deemed appropriate?

reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to Leveling and Reviewing Question Mar. 25th, 2011 @ 03:31 AM Reply

At 3/25/11 02:51 AM, LiLSkinnyAzN wrote: Thank you people for the help, especially for the link to the portal reverend.

Also another question, what happens if you report a review and its deemed appropriate?

The flagging system is based on a reputation system based on points and status. If a user misidentifies several reviews that are deemed non-abusive they can lose points and fall into a lower status, Garbage Whistle. Having a Garbage Whistle means that a user has no effect on anything they try to flag.

The whistle system is better explained in the FAQ.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature