00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kkolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Morthagg makes things.

82,170 Views | 534 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-23 18:29:38

You made me realize my drawings suck.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-23 18:35:14

At 3/23/11 06:13 PM, Morthagg wrote: This was actually a pretty girl : /

I like a girl with a chiseled jaw.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-23 18:41:44

At 3/23/11 06:35 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 3/23/11 06:13 PM, Morthagg wrote: This was actually a pretty girl : /
I like a girl with a chiseled jaw.

If I see her again, I'll make sure to tell her about you :3

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-23 21:45:01

Okay, I guess I lied. I have a slight case of insomnia and that's turned into really really wanting to try out that brush I bought.
Anyway, this is the result. All hail short-haired beer-drinking lesbian boobies.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-23 21:49:40

Oh, and here's a close-up of the mermaid-like blue girl. Because it's kind of a pretty face.
And now my propelling pencil is out of leads so I have to drag myself to bed anyway.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-23 22:09:58

At 3/23/11 09:45 PM, Morthagg wrote:

:All hail short-haired beer-drinking lesbian boobies.

Hell yes.

On another note, I was wondering how you manage to draw while in public transit... Do you have
1- Comfortable, smooth rolling busses?
2- Super steady hands, and some "drawing stance" that absorbs vibrations?
3- A super gifted mind that can predict and calculate bumps in the road in advance and adjust in consequence?
4- All of the above?!

I am impressed ^^

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-24 03:35:40

Hahaha, you should show them the "public transport comic". :D
Usually the busses and trams here are horribly bumpy, but I think the trains are a bit milder on your ass. But I don't know for sure, I don't use the train a lot.

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-24 06:34:37

At 3/23/11 10:09 PM, Vonschlippe wrote:
Hell yes.

On another note, I was wondering how you manage to draw while in public transit... Do you have
1- Comfortable, smooth rolling busses?
2- Super steady hands, and some "drawing stance" that absorbs vibrations?
3- A super gifted mind that can predict and calculate bumps in the road in advance and adjust in consequence?
4- All of the above?!

I am impressed ^^

You being impressed is kind of an enormous compliment :D
Well, all of the drawings so far are made on trains, and they are pretty smooth and steady. But it's actually kind of all of the above, heh. I have a rather steady hand already, and I use the train at least 2 times a week, so I know where and when bumps are coming. I draw a lot in busses and trams too, but believe me, those drawings often aren't so smooth :D

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-24 06:35:46

At 3/24/11 03:35 AM, Breaktroll wrote: Hahaha, you should show them the "public transport comic". :D
Usually the busses and trams here are horribly bumpy, but I think the trains are a bit milder on your ass. But I don't know for sure, I don't use the train a lot.

Well, a Hipster is on whatever public transport he's on, so it must be new :ooooo

I like all the art in here, but that girl you drew earlier does look a bit odd, but not all drawings can be our best drawings.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-24 19:19:15

At 3/24/11 06:35 AM, x-factor11 wrote: I like all the art in here, but that girl you drew earlier does look a bit odd, but not all drawings can be our best drawings.

Myes, I went a bit pseudo-picasso on her ass, and failed.

Anyway, another quick scan out of my sketchbook.. This is pretty much an average doodle-page. But a little influenced by Black Swan.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-24 19:23:42

Oh, and a new Art Portal submission.
With way more colours than I'm used to.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-25 16:11:19

Hehe, found a little piece of paper again. I took very quick pencil sketches to an art supplies store, so I could try out their pens and markers while actually having something to draw. There's some Flemish thrown in there, for those who wonder what the weird words are.
I'm surprised they didn't kick me out for overusing their pens..
(And as you can see I was kind of ecstatic about a two particular black and grey ones. Those were, um, the only ones I bought)

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-25 20:11:07

Fuck that youre dutch!

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-25 23:34:43

At 3/25/11 08:11 PM, J-qb wrote: Fuck that youre dutch!

I'm not Dutch, you fat oaf!

I'm Belgian.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-26 08:20:10

At 3/25/11 11:34 PM, Morthagg wrote:
At 3/25/11 08:11 PM, J-qb wrote: Fuck that youre dutch!
I'm not Dutch, you fat oaf!
I'm Belgian.

Ooh be like that! You write dutch is what I meant to say... pfhshs

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-27 17:49:35

I am SO FUCKING TIRED. I've been sewing almost non-stop for the last 7 hours. I made a pillowcase for a friends' birthday and a puppet for my little brother Breaktroll, for his birthday.. of um, last year. It's his birthday again in 3 months. Cough.
Anyway, I thought I'd share it on here. Morthagg makes 'things', right? The pic's really bad quality and doesn't do the puppet justice, I'll probably upload a better one some time later.

It's a Ninjapirateviking!

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-28 02:34:42

Yay, my Pirateninjaviking! Now I'll have to stuff him in a closet somewhere and never look at it again!
jk, I'll treasure it always. :p

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-28 11:44:47

Okay now its official! Your one of my most favourite Artists here on NG. And thanks for the feedback on my webcomic! Now seeing your work and getting positive feedback from you, gives me more confindents in my work!

Thank YOU!!!

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-28 13:11:31

wuv woo Morthagg, props to your sewing AND droowing.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-28 13:39:25

At 3/28/11 02:34 AM, Breaktroll wrote: Yay, my Pirateninjaviking! Now I'll have to stuff him in a closet somewhere and never look at it again!
jk, I'll treasure it always. :p

YOU BETTER, YA SCUM
jk, you a-YOU BETTER, YA SCUM

At 3/28/11 11:44 AM, YouriX wrote: Okay now its official! Your one of my most favourite Artists here on NG. And thanks for the feedback on my webcomic! Now seeing your work and getting positive feedback from you, gives me more confindents in my work!

Thank YOU!!!

Oh, such adoration! Thanks a lot ^^

At 3/28/11 01:11 PM, Vousielle wrote: wuv woo Morthagg, props to your sewing AND droowing.

:3

And to post something out of my sketchbook again; some random charactersketches. They're very tiny here, so here's a better version. Maybe I'll colour them in some time.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-28 13:54:48

And page 14: this is a very early sketch for a comic that we'll hopefully see appear on my webcomic site some time in the future.
If I get the bloody damn site running decently and get how comicpress works.
I don't know if the words will be readable, but it's not exactly a final version.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-28 14:23:13

Oh, and again, new portal submission!

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-28 14:36:30

You have really nice arts here!
I like the style, and proportions and colors and everything!

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-28 17:43:03

these are all incredible.
love the style and the sketches!

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-29 13:05:39

Thank you! I'm flattered I'm getting such positive responses from so many good artists themselves.

I found another 'thing' I made a few months ago. Another example of how I can't seem to keep doing one thing.. Me (and my teachers) are still figuring out if that's positive or not.
Bubble Friends! Still makes me happy when I see it.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-03-29 23:44:54

nice
i left a really short review.

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-04 18:11:12

Thanks!

Ugh, I had a little artistic identity crisis for the umpteenth time a few hours ago.. But I'll keep that for in my 'blog'.

Blargh. Now for something completely different! HANDS
My, icky, veiny hand to be precise.
hurray

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-04 18:20:54

Ah, and one more.. Just because (I know it's retarded to say that about a selfportrait) it kind of makes me happy.

My hair is getting poofier by the day.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-04 20:11:09

At 4/4/11 06:11 PM, Morthagg wrote: Blargh. Now for something completely different! HANDS
My, icky, veiny hand to be precise.
hurray

myeah I dont really know how to go about critiqueing these drawings of yours... what strikes me in this hand drawing is that the weight/volume of each finger is pretty off. It looks almost like you drew the lines without looking at the shape you were drawing.... Some parts are too thin some are too thick.
The colors dont seem to work for me... I mean, in certain areas the shading is visible but at others it just seems like random colors thrown on there.

As for the self portrait; the face is much more square than your earlier self portrait, which makes it look andrygonous, almost male. Other than that its prolly good, you could have strengthened some of the dabs of hair to give it a bit more volume (atm its a bit of a messy flat area), and you could have used an eraser to bring out stronger whites in the glasses (break up the outlines of the eyes)

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2011-04-04 20:27:02

At 4/4/11 08:11 PM, J-qb wrote: myeah I dont really know how to go about critiqueing these drawings of yours... what strikes me in this hand drawing is that the weight/volume of each finger is pretty off. It looks almost like you drew the lines without looking at the shape you were drawing.... Some parts are too thin some are too thick.
The colors dont seem to work for me... I mean, in certain areas the shading is visible but at others it just seems like random colors thrown on there.

Well, the hand wasn't exactly meant to be anatomically correct, though obviously based on reality. They're like little caricatures of my real fingers. Indeed, it's true: I looked at my hand when I sketched, less when I used my markers and the outlines and line details are pure feeling, using the little mistakes I made when colouring.The colours honestly aren't as random as they seem, but when I colour with markers that chaos tends to happen, yes. I myself sometimes like to work with that, though. But I can understand you find it wrong-looking.
Because it is.

At 4/4/11 08:11 PM, J-qb wrote:
As for the self portrait; the face is much more square than your earlier self portrait, which makes it look andrygonous, almost male. Other than that its prolly good, you could have strengthened some of the dabs of hair to give it a bit more volume (atm its a bit of a messy flat area), and you could have used an eraser to bring out stronger whites in the glasses (break up the outlines of the eyes)

I tend to view myself als pretty androgynous, so I also tend to portray myself that way. My earlier self portrait was very different from my real face, I'm actually pretty 'square'. The hair could indeed use some more highlights, though that might lessen the messy feel a bit, which was what I was going for.
And I don't like erasers : / Hardly ever use them. Smudgy little things. But yes, maybe you're right. The portrait was a 7 minute sketch on a train, though..

Well, thanks for taking the time to add critiques to my posts :)