New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-12-14 09:02:48 Reply

At 12/14/12 08:48 AM, Morthagg wrote: yayyyy the website is back online as of todayyy
So here's this week's comic: It's about jogging.
Man that took a while.

Lol.. Good one.. It looks like a tron running competition :P

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-02-12 11:47:40 Reply

Wow holy crap, has it really been two months since I uploaded something in my art thread? Time to change that.
Here, have something stylised. That doesn't show up in my sketchbook very often.
(the stuff on the top is not mine, I sometimes let drunk people scribble in my sketchbook)

Morthagg makes things.

Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-02-12 12:08:18 Reply

I got tired of seeing my characters all dressed in very generic kinds of clothing (particularly after looking at aigis' pristinely dressed specimens) so I tried to specify a clothing style for once, but.. It just feels and looks so fake. And lame. That might have to do with the fact that I have the fashion sense of a prickley pear with no sense of fashion.
It remains something I'll have to keep practicing on.
(also, balloonhead incoming, sheesh)

Morthagg makes things.

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-02-12 12:24:45 Reply

I think they're looking cool, though I know how you feel about the weird feeling you get forcing something unfamiliar on your own work. It's a good thing in the end, I'm certain.

smokin' legs for the one on the right

Are you using mechanical pencils? The way your line tapers off on the trousers on the left is just so gorgeous.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
sharpsknife
sharpsknife
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-02-12 13:09:08 Reply

i need a artist who can draw close to real there is much work to be done im looking for artist for zomnbie game
i have everything ready to go just let me know i have frames an music an everything all i need is 4 main charaters which arent zombies 25 random faces of people of diffrent skin color as in russain/ black/ white/ asian/ put there faces in square box make them of all diffrent ages of older to younger an the first 4 are main charaters are white male 20's short brown spiked hair blue eyes / black guy mid 30's short black hair brown eyes /japanese girl early 20's medium black hair / russian woman late 20's medium hair blond green eyes/ also we need the farmes an every screen an zombies drawn as well
i need these at a fairly decent time we got a week just for the main charaters YOU WILL ONLY BE DRAWING THE HEAD FROM NECK UP

Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-02-12 13:11:44 Reply

At 2/12/13 12:24 PM, Otto wrote: I think they're looking cool, though I know how you feel about the weird feeling you get forcing something unfamiliar on your own work. It's a good thing in the end, I'm certain.

Thank you! (I know I find myself going "dayum" over those legs too)
But it's true, it feels really awkward to spend so much time on something that doesn't come naturally to me at all. I guess I should pull through that uneasy fase until it does become more spontaneous.
And yup, mechanical pencils. I used to use regular ones, but since I already draw quite sketchy it looks way cleaner with a permanently thin pencil tip. And no frustrating pencil shavings.

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-02-12 14:47:07 Reply

At 2/12/13 01:11 PM, Morthagg wrote:
At 2/12/13 12:24 PM, Otto wrote: I think they're looking cool, though I know how you feel about the weird feeling you get forcing something unfamiliar on your own work. It's a good thing in the end, I'm certain.

Thank you! (I know I find myself going "dayum" over those legs too)
But it's true, it feels really awkward to spend so much time on something that doesn't come naturally to me at all. I guess I should pull through that uneasy fase until it does become more spontaneous.
And yup, mechanical pencils. I used to use regular ones, but since I already draw quite sketchy it looks way cleaner with a permanently thin pencil tip. And no frustrating pencil shavings.

Very true. I am also completely converted, fuck sharpening. I'd be worried I'd end up part of some statistic that said 'on average artists spend 3 years of their life sharpening pencils' oh no no, mechanical clicks please. Aye, I love the way you drawwwwww gurl. Keep it up.

teach me to get such good curves in your lines ;(

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-02-21 15:12:41 Reply

Goddamn computer. The screen is breaking and I've been making backups like crazy because every day now I have a moment in which I fear for my hard drive. Same for my wacom, the cord is so worm I have to hold it in place (a place that changes daily) or it loses power and disconnects from my laptop, after which it takes a couple seconds to reconnect again.
I am so, so happy I got the Sketch Swap image finished with little trouble. I tried to work on a paid illustration though today, and that was just not happening.
lkjsqckjdhsvksdddcvhsddddfrustrating.

Morthagg makes things.

gayhobbit
gayhobbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-02-21 15:30:39 Reply

I very much admire your pencil work. It is like if Febreze could actually sustain over the smell of rot.

Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-02-24 18:06:01 Reply

At 2/21/13 03:30 PM, gayhobbit wrote: I very much admire your pencil work. It is like if Febreze could actually sustain over the smell of rot.

I think you mean... ambi pur.

I watched the Blues Brothers again a couple days ago, and man, I never tire of that movie. So while listening to this, I scribbled their faces into my sketchbook. It's not the most original take, but whatevs.
Also, I think I might take up the saxophone again. Woop.

Morthagg makes things.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-02-24 19:04:02 Reply

At 2/24/13 06:06 PM, Morthagg wrote: I watched the Blues Brothers

And this is why I love lurking your thread

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-02-24 19:43:53 Reply

At 2/24/13 07:04 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

We're on a mission from God

Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-02-25 04:31:29 Reply

At 2/24/13 07:43 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 2/24/13 07:04 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
We're on a mission from God

-Are you the police?
-No ma'am. We're musicians.

Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-03-02 15:49:00 Reply

facesfacesfacesFACESFACESFACES
I've been drawing lots of faces. These are all ladyfaces at the moment. In order:
African-American, Japanese
Caucasian, Indian,
Turkish, Inuit.

Turkish face is a bit wonky but whatever.
I've been trying to come up with characters for a story of which I've known (and written) the beginning of a long time ago. But I don't know the middle and the end. I'm hoping I actually learn the rest of the story by sketching out potential characters, as well as practicing faces for if I should actually turn the thing into a full comic book.
Also for some weird reason I'm afraid to post the drawings of the main characters because I'm fucking in love with them and they should stay close and personal to me for the time being. So you can't see them. Nyeh.

Morthagg makes things.

Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-03-02 16:06:06 Reply

Aw man, the left side of my faces is always a little higher than the right side. Bleh.

Anyway, middle-aged women! The most underrated and unused characters ever. What use is a woman who's gone beyond her prettiest and most fuckable stage but not yet old enough to be the warm, asexual, coockie-baking grandma we so love? Middle-aged women in comics mostly look like youths with a wider jaw or smaller eyes. And that sucks. In an attempt to learn how to draw middle-aged women that aren't plastic-surgeried supermodels, I present:
Caucasian, Caucasian,
African, African,
Chinese, Turkish

Was good practice.

Morthagg makes things.

Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-03-02 16:20:43 Reply

Oh, and some other faces.
I challenged myself to draw bald, fat, and relatively androgynous heads and have them still look significantly different.
Also good practice.

Morthagg makes things.

Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-03-02 20:11:58 Reply

At 3/2/13 04:20 PM, Morthagg wrote: Oh, and some other faces.
I challenged myself to draw bald, fat, and relatively androgynous heads and have them still look significantly different.
Also good practice.

top left; britney spears?

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-03-02 20:34:18 Reply

At 2/12/13 12:08 PM, Morthagg wrote: I got tired of seeing my characters all dressed in very generic kinds of clothing (particularly after looking at aigis' pristinely dressed specimens)

Hey, love your art. Can I ask you what you meant by this?

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-03-03 06:37:40 Reply

At 3/2/13 08:11 PM, Tomsan wrote:
top left; britney spears?

Haha, no. I actually think of that face as a male face. Just a made-up, earring-wearing male.

At 3/2/13 08:34 PM, Aigis wrote:
Hey, love your art. Can I ask you what you meant by this?

Well, that your characters always have a quite detailed outfit on them, and that it seems like you have this huge stockpile of clothes and accessories in the back of your brain from which you can borrow to draw on your people. It makes your characters a lot more distinct and personalised, if that even makes sense.
I feel like the clothes I have in the back of my head are: generic sweater, generic T-shirt, generic jeans, allstars. You know?

Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-03-13 14:59:26 Reply

I made a comic. I think it's the longest continuous comic I've made so far. I kind of couldn't stop drawing, it's quite personal and there's a lot of feels in there.
Buh.
It's also in the Art Portal.

Morthagg makes things.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-03-13 15:41:44 Reply

At 3/13/13 02:59 PM, Morthagg wrote: I made a comic. I think it's the longest continuous comic I've made so far. I kind of couldn't stop drawing, it's quite personal and there's a lot of feels in there.

Ow, my heart

Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-03-13 17:02:27 Reply

At 3/13/13 02:59 PM, Morthagg wrote: I made a comic. I think it's the longest continuous comic I've made so far. I kind of couldn't stop drawing, it's quite personal and there's a lot of feels in there.
Buh.

Oh man! That's right up there with "I'm sorry Wilson"! Great job on the comic, and I'm sorry about Marmer...

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-03-14 20:01:50 Reply

Aw hey, thanks guys. The crappiness of it all will pass eventually, but thanks for your support in the meantime.

DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-03-14 21:04:11 Reply

Buh.

Ooh. Right in the feels.
Very nicely done.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-03-24 15:35:52 Reply

I think this is the fucking girliest thing I've ever drawn. I thought it would be good colour-practice, just flopping colour around. Quick thing of around half an hour.
.. Also, her hair kinda looks edible. Right?

Morthagg makes things.

Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-03-24 17:09:36 Reply

Dans le port d'Amsterdam, y'a des marins qui boivent
Et qui boive et reboivent
Et qui reboivent encore

Morthagg makes things.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-03-24 17:20:19 Reply

At 3/3/13 06:37 AM, Morthagg wrote: Well, that your characters always have a quite detailed outfit on them, and that it seems like you have this huge stockpile of clothes and accessories in the back of your brain from which you can borrow to draw on your people. It makes your characters a lot more distinct and personalised, if that even makes sense.

Well thank you.

I feel like the clothes I have in the back of my head are: generic sweater, generic T-shirt, generic jeans, allstars. You know?

If you want some inspiration for clothes, this site is pretty good:

http://lookbook.nu/

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2013-03-24 21:37:03 Reply

At 3/24/13 05:09 PM, Morthagg wrote: Dans le port d'Amsterdam, y'a des marins qui boivent
Et qui boive et reboivent
Et qui reboivent encore

I was surprised by his pronunciation of ´amsterdam´, but I guess Belgians are able to do so. This song strangely enough reminded me of the most standard dutch meal; haricot verts with potatoes and a meatball, so french...were all fkkn french! idk I popped a molly

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2014-06-03 09:30:16 Reply

Hi guys, have a not very great self-portrait (it's way too elongated, why does this happeennn) to celebrate my triumphant return. To Newgrounds, but also to unemployment. Those two go together well!

Man, it's been so damn long since I tried life drawing again.. I seriously need practice.

Morthagg makes things.

Breaktroll
Breaktroll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Morthagg makes things. 2014-06-03 09:54:59 Reply

Took you long enough.
Also, ha ha, you have no job.
Also you look like an old lady here. (yes, even older!)

Try not being a bitch for once, huh?

BBS Signature