New Topic Respond to this Topic
NinoGrounds
NinoGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 09:20 PM Reply

So I have this site for some time now. Take a look. Is it starting to look outdated? I mean by design, of course. I am asking you this 'cause I got this fine job offer in which I'll make $300 (you know I am schooler, it means something to me). I have to design a website and put some shit in it, nothing tough or interesting.

So basicly, how do you feel about that site I just linked? Awful, okay, nice? Eh? I made it like 5 years ago. Is that noticable? Are there some new, you know, "gears"? I don't want to make an awful site, 'cause if I do well, I'll be getting more easy jobs. so, yeah

NinoGrounds
NinoGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 09:23 PM Reply

At 3/21/11 09:22 PM, EggoBleeder wrote:
At 3/21/11 09:20 PM, NinoGrounds wrote: stuff
Looks like this site.

yeah, i was huge fan of NG at the time (they fucked shit up with Art and too many forum categories), so they kinnda look similar. of course NG is a ton times nicer

Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 09:27 PM Reply

You use a smaller screen resolution than me. I can tell by your banner.

Express yourself about my site(pls)

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 09:28 PM Reply

Hate to say it, but I kinda hafta. The Anarch A is really stupid.

NinoGrounds
NinoGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 09:28 PM Reply

At 3/21/11 09:27 PM, Squidbit wrote: You use a smaller screen resolution than me. I can tell by your banner.

yeah that shit is definitely outdated. when I was creating the site it looked fine (it still does on 2006 resolutions). that's definitely true

tatsumaru7
tatsumaru7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 09:32 PM Reply

Holly shit sir! Do something about the font and colour scheme you got going on. theres so much that could be improved here visually of course. Try changing the colours and and please use a better font please.

>>> Relationship advice! <<< Follow my Instagram: the_imaginary_boy

PSN I.D. Ninjakilla777Martial Artist club!

BBS Signature
Tonsil-Hockey
Tonsil-Hockey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 09:34 PM Reply

It's very outdated. I would change the color scheme first, make it more "designed". Add proper buttons, add more inages and interactivity. Basically look at other websites doing the things you want it to do, and take inspiration from that.

BBS Signature
kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 10:58 PM Reply

really i like the design you have there

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 11:04 PM Reply

Yea the anarchy sign is over used shit that teenagers seem to love and everyone else realizes is shit. Might want to replace that with a picture of a pony. Probably Pinkypie.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Spartan204
Spartan204
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 11:58 PM Reply

The home page is alright, but the rest of the site feels a little bit more unfriendly to users, especially if you had more games and songs on the flash and audio section. Overall, it's not a bad site but you can sorta see the age.

To be fair, though, people make sites that looks far worse than that one everyday.

Newgrounds | PM me for a forum signature

BBS Signature
SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 11:59 PM Reply

It's like a poor-man's Newgrounds.

Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:04 AM Reply

It definitely bears a striking resemblance to this site, but to be honest it does look a little post 2006 - 2007 ish. Re-format the site to be 16:9 and give it a fresh, new look. Keep the layout, just update what graphics you have created for it and honestly, it won't look half bad.

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:04 AM Reply

At 3/21/11 11:59 PM, Travis wrote: Kongregate?

Come on man, not that bad.

Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
Eclipse
Eclipse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:13 AM Reply

doesn't look too bad, looks modern for the most part, if i were you i'd change the header of the site though, the animation and art looks outdated

The Stoner's Club
Current PC: Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD Radeon HD 6320, 4GB RAM, 1.25TB HD, 1.65GHz AMD APU

BBS Signature
Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 03:36 AM Reply

Looks decent, the style is nice. I've seen plenty worse.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Uplion
Uplion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 03:38 AM Reply

At 3/21/11 09:20 PM, NinoGrounds wrote: So I have this site for some time now. Take a look. Is it starting to look outdated? I mean by design, of course. I am asking you this 'cause I got this fine job offer in which I'll make $300 (you know I am schooler, it means something to me). I have to design a website and put some shit in it, nothing

How much would you charge as a design artist for this site?

Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 03:39 AM Reply

Ehm... It's a okay replica of this site I guess.

"Even death can be overcome"

BBS Signature
nakedxbabe
nakedxbabe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 04:00 AM Reply

WTF............

that
is one of the worst sites ive ever seen..

Myspace
Website Coming SoonPurevolume
<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 08:29 AM Reply

At 3/22/11 04:00 AM, MisterWonderful wrote: WTF............

that
is one of the worst sites ive ever seen..

It was made back in 2005, though.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 08:32 AM Reply

I will sign up right away

Member of Alpha Team in the WNG. Find out how to join here.

BBS Signature
Steff
Steff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:10 PM Reply

Looks like some outdated website back from 1998.

BBS Signature
NinoGrounds
NinoGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 07:46 PM Reply

At 3/22/11 03:38 AM, Uplion wrote:
How much would you charge as a design artist for this site?

nothing. and i am not actually a design artist :P

DM692
DM692
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 07:51 PM Reply

Apparently I've been there before this thread.

Odd.

BBS Signature
NinoGrounds
NinoGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to Express yourself about my site(pls) Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 07:57 PM Reply

At 3/21/11 11:04 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Yea the anarchy sign is over used shit that teenagers seem to love and everyone else realizes is shit. Might want to replace that with a picture of a pony. Probably Pinkypie.

i loled.

At 3/22/11 12:04 AM, Space-Whale wrote:
At 3/21/11 11:59 PM, Travis wrote: Kongregate?
Come on man, not that bad.

hahahaha, you're my saviour!

At 3/22/11 04:00 AM, MisterWonderful wrote: is one of the worst sites ive ever seen..

Fair. I kinnda still like it though. I know there are a ton of nicer sites (like ng of instance), but, well, I tend to develop web apps more than design sites. So it's okay

At 3/22/11 07:51 PM, DM692 wrote: Apparently I've been there before this thread.

Odd.

Odd