New Topic Respond to this Topic
eyeinfluence
eyeinfluence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 21:03:10 Reply

Alright guys. This is gonna be somewhat long but this is a problem that I have no idea how to deal with and i need advice from people (pot smokers) who have gone thru somewhat the same thing..

It all started like 6 months ago but it has felt like years. I discovered the wonders of marijuana like a year ago and ever since ive been smoking it. I didn't have a problem with it bc my family never suspected me and i wasnt being a retard about until one faithful day. I was getting to cocky about hiding my shit and instead of putting it in my usual spot i simply put it in a coat pocket. So while im doing my homework downstairs my mom comes to me with the bag of weed and yeah..

Whatever she got over it and passed it off as experimenting. Then I got caught once again and she really took it to the heart. She got all emotional and started crying and shit. She was saying things like, " I wish i could just die I cant believe this is happening to me" and she told me like she wishs she could take her own life but since shes christian she cant. Ok. It was really bad and our relationship hasnt been the same since. She put me into this drug counselling program and Im probably approaching my last week there but i have every intention of smoking again. But the thing is if she catches me i have no idea what will happen. She thinks im addicted.

I need advice idk how to deal with this. She thinks ill never do it again. One side is telling me "just quit man do it for your mom" and the other " enjoy your life, you know you love weed". IDK!!! HELP ME OUT!

TL;DR: Should i continue to smoke even though my mom is STRONGLY against it to the point where she wishes death upon herself but not anymore bc she thinks im 'cured' of my "addiction"

Thechickensparta
Thechickensparta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 21:08:33 Reply

At 3/21/11 09:03 PM, eyeinfluence wrote:
TL;DR: Should i continue to smoke even though my mom is STRONGLY against it to the point where she wishes death upon herself but not anymore bc she thinks im 'cured' of my "addiction"

jesus christ, your mother is taking it as if you're smoking meth or something.

honestly, if it effects your mother that bad, i would stop, or at least be really fucking sneaky.

"I let my dog lick my bumhole while wanking. You can quote me on that." EvilDog.

megakill
megakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 21:11:41 Reply

You're taking drugs?!

I need advice from weed smokers!

Tonsil-Hockey
Tonsil-Hockey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 21:12:20 Reply

Emotional blackmail, threatening to kill her self... that's basically emotional child abuse. Just don't get caught.

BBS Signature
pirogpod
pirogpod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 21:12:28 Reply

I would just simply take the advice the drug counseling progams are giving you and quit

If you want to see an awesome site check this site out

NinoGrounds
NinoGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 21:13:41 Reply

oh god. your mom is a psycho.

Head-Full-Of-Acid
Head-Full-Of-Acid
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 21:17:07 Reply

Do what you want; your mother is REALLY overreacting. Just remember that if you get caught, she probably wouldn't hesitate to narc on you.

Request a review ]                                                                            sea otters hold hands in their sleep so they don't drift away from each other

BBS Signature
Eclipse
Eclipse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 21:25:47 Reply

ive been stuck in just about the same situation before.
a couple things to try:
if you get caught again, explain rationally to her that you enjoy doing it and have no intention of quitting, explain why you do it (not that it just makes you happy, no parents listen to that). maybe show her the union? its a documentary on weed, you can find it on google video if you want.

above all, its your life, not hers...if she isn't drug testing you on a regular basis, go for it. just be more careful and find a good hiding spot and good ways to go out and smoke without being caught.
visine and air freshener (air wick neutra air works well) are a must have if smoking inside. do not smoke inside your room unless you dont have another way to, in which case, pack a small bowl, blow the smoke out the window and cover up the smell good.

also, keep in mind that if you do get caught, i wouldnt put it past your mom to do something irrational and call the police...so definitely be careful. not completely paranoid but very careful about it.

good luck and good vibes man, keep tokin and stay safe

The Stoner's Club
Current PC: Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD Radeon HD 6320, 4GB RAM, 1.25TB HD, 1.65GHz AMD APU

BBS Signature
Leidolfr
Leidolfr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 21:28:06 Reply

At 3/21/11 09:03 PM, eyeinfluence wrote: Whatever she got over it and passed it off as experimenting. Then I got caught once again and she really took it to the heart. She got all emotional and started crying and shit. She was saying things like, " I wish i could just die I cant believe this is happening to me"

youre a little kid, and youre mothers dumb, is basically my advice to you. its pot, anyone thats smoked it knows its no big deal, its hardly a drug, and anyone who hasnt, crusades against it, because people are ignorant, and the worlds a giant scam

mephdizzle
mephdizzle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 21:28:46 Reply

Make her watchThe Union: The Business Behind Getting High

chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 21:38:12 Reply

Just say "Marijuana is not a drug, Bob Saget used to suck dick for coke. I've never sucked dick for marijuana." That is assuming that you haven't.

Seriously though, your mom needs to smoke a little and chill the fuck out. If she caught you with some meth/crack/heroin I think her head would just explode.

BBS Signature
ThadsPark
ThadsPark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 21:39:26 Reply

You have three options.

1. Quit, this would appease your mother but not you, this is probably the worst option.

2. Don't get caught. Seriously this is not that hard just don't be stupid, you should have been on your shit after you got caught the first time. Don't leave weed lying around, don't let dealers deliver to your house, don't talk about weed around your house when your mom is home, take precautions regarding smell and bloodshot eyes. She obviously knows nothing about weed so this option should not be that hard. This option is OK but not ideal.

3. Educate her about marijuana and its effects on the human body. Most people who think weed is bad know nothing about it. If she understands marijuana she may be accepting of your using it. This is the best option, however, it is also the most difficult option. No offense but your mom sounds like an ignorant Bible thumper, convincing her weed is not all that bad will be difficult.

I was caught smoking weed when I was about your age, my mother is a staunch Catholic and had the same reaction yours did. I took option 2, it was the easiest and least confrontational. I did, however, slowly educate her regarding marijuana (option 3). Eventually, and I'm talking years later, she became tolerant of my smoking, so long as I remained discrete in my use and didn't smoke inside. Ironically I hardly smoke at all anymore.

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 21:42:05 Reply

OP IS TAKING DRUGS!!!!

I need advice from weed smokers!

Struggle
Struggle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 22:03:28 Reply

stop being so selfish.
seriously, what the fuck is your problem? if it's hurting your mother that much why is it even a question. gotta grow up kid. until you move out.

BBS Signature
Struggle
Struggle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 22:06:21 Reply

made that post before i read the thread. now that i've read the thread, what the fuck?

yeah it's his life and shit but there's a reason kids can't vote till they're 18. they're fucking stupid. that is clearly shown by the people telling him to risk it like it's something worth causing his mother all this pain for. he can do whatever the hell he wants when he's old enough to live on his own, until then he should fucking respect his parents

i hate pricks like you guys

BBS Signature
ThadsPark
ThadsPark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 22:09:21 Reply

At 3/21/11 10:06 PM, Struggle wrote: made that post before i read the thread. now that i've read the thread, what the fuck?

yeah it's his life and shit but there's a reason kids can't vote till they're 18. they're fucking stupid. that is clearly shown by the people telling him to risk it like it's something worth causing his mother all this pain for. he can do whatever the hell he wants when he's old enough to live on his own, until then he should fucking respect his parents

i hate pricks like you guys

According to your profile you are under the age of 18. Therefore by your logic your opinion does not matter.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 22:09:41 Reply

Obviously she's misinformed about the actual harm of smoking weed, but I've been in a similar situation, and logic just doesn't work. Trying to convince her it's alright will just lead to her taking you to a psychiatrist, and probably end with you getting a script for SSRIs. Just don't get caught, seriously, it's not that hard.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Programmer
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 22:12:54 Reply

Just quit man, at least until you don't live with your mom or something, it's not like you actually need it to enjoy life. My experiences with Mary where mediocre at best, alcohol was wasn't much different, and I haven't smoked for a long while now, and I feel no need nor any desire to.

shit's amazing

BBS Signature
Leidolfr
Leidolfr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 22:15:01 Reply

At 3/21/11 10:12 PM, MiroDK wrote: Just quit man

youre telling me, in seriousness, a brazilian, you, would quit smoking the mota if ya mother told you not to. I, I dont buy any of that, at all

swaenK
swaenK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 22:21:10 Reply

At 3/21/11 09:42 PM, Shade wrote: OP IS TAKING DRUGS!!!!

Thsi made the thread all worth while.

huh just smoke weed on special occasions, before you exercise, before you go out to a concert, whatever. Mooch off people instead of buying it. The player way to roll ;)

hurp

BBS Signature
MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Programmer
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 22:24:06 Reply

At 3/21/11 10:15 PM, Leidolfr wrote: youre telling me, in seriousness, a brazilian, you, would quit smoking the mota if ya mother told you not to. I, I dont buy any of that, at all

Oh right, tree people, sorry about that.

I probably would since I've never given much care about weed, and my mother does work a whole lot every fucking day, my dad doesn't help and my brother just makes her life hell. If it really did bother her that much, I would. If I really couldn't live without weed, then I'd just smoke it at my friends house or something, but since I do not.

shit's amazing

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 22:24:07 Reply

Tell your mom to stop being so fucking dramatic.

OMG MY SON IS SMOKING MARIJUANA, THE LEAST ADDICTIVE AND HARMFUL OF ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS, BRB KILLING MYSELF.

I hate modern US parents the majority of the time. And this is one of those reasons why.

Yeah, not a really helpful post for you OP. But I just wanted to vent a little bit.

The only thing I can tell you is if you have every intention of smoking, don't be stupid again like you stated in your OP.

MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Programmer
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 22:25:56 Reply

Of course, that's considering the fact that I care about my mother and she does care about me, not in an overprotective way. If my mother was a lazy shit that just happened to make drama out of everything, then no, I'd just tell her to 'deal with it'.

shit's amazing

BBS Signature
Spartan204
Spartan204
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-21 22:26:09 Reply

Jesus, my mom hasn't caught me but I certainly hope she doesn't react like.. that. Just smoke less and be really, really sneaky about it and you should be fine. But be wary that she could drug test you anytime, always take that fact into account.

Newgrounds | PM me for a forum signature

BBS Signature
GrandePlatano
GrandePlatano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-22 15:37:15 Reply

Wow your mom is really overreacting.. I think just do it less often and DO NOT GET CAUGHT.

i feel stupid, and contagious

HolyPeanuts
HolyPeanuts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-22 15:43:18 Reply

Your mom sounds insane.
There are lots of videos and stuff online that you could use to try and convince her that pot isnt that bad, but to be honest with the way she is reacting I dont think she will be easy to educate, so you should probably just take it easy on the pot or quit all together until you can move out.

"Is this not a reasonable place to park?"

BBS Signature
Alchemist94
Alchemist94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-22 15:44:42 Reply

Your mum's feelings are more important than getting high.

Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-22 15:48:42 Reply

I feel there might currently be a shifting of attitudes towards cannabis in the USA. And I hope it migrates over here.

Am I right? Like, in maybe the last few years, has the average American's attitude towards cannabis changed dramatically?

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-22 16:06:57 Reply

Continue doing it, just don't be an idiot and get caught again.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to I need advice from weed smokers! 2011-03-22 16:10:20 Reply

Holy crap i would hate to have a mom like yours. I'd feel so guilty.

What a crazy blind-sighted bitch.

BBS Signature