New Topic Respond to this Topic
ZeldaFreak701
ZeldaFreak701
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
The Race Card 2011-03-18 22:49:12 Reply

Well all know what it is. And chances are we all had it used on us. It's so asinine. The race card is just a last resort ignorant people use when they can't come up with a reasonable argument as to how exactly they aren't being treated fairly. So what is your best example of when someone really just had no way to defend themselves with something other than their race?

Here's mine: At work a Mexican family (English was obviously a language spoken early on, because it was very fluent) tried to return something that was bought new, used it, and still wanted their full refund back. Well, used is used. You can't return something new just because you didn't like it. That may work with clothes but not games. I told them the best I could do was a trade. Basically, they said that someone from the location closer to their home told them otherwise and that they could return the game should they want to and that I was denying them the same service because of their color. I told the woman that said the stupid thing that that was not the case. But she insisted that it was, gave me a smug look and walked on. She stood in front of the door and, I am guessing, just read the back of the receipt given to her because she left shortly after.

I'm sure she would've felt pretty fucking stupid had she known I was actually Mexican myself (albeit don't look it).

PSN ID: Zeldafreak701 | Gamertag: Zeldafreak701 | 3DS friend code: 0301-9780-8157
You shouldn't have done that....
Sig by BlueHippo <3

BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to The Race Card 2011-03-18 22:52:58 Reply

One time I was here on the BBS and someone tried to defend themselves by calling themselves black, does that count?

zooos
zooos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Race Card 2011-03-18 22:53:48 Reply

At 3/18/11 10:50 PM, Tino55 wrote: I don't know what the fuck you just typed but you bored me after the first 3 words. I don't give a fuck.

Typical 3rd grade response.

I've dealt with the race card a lot, I'm white and leave in an area heavily populated by black people. I think the most outrageous time was I was working as a cashier, a lady had cut in line and I explained to her it wasn't fair and she had to go back to the end. All of the sudden she starts flipping out saying "Fuck you whitey, your only saying that cause I'm black you racist honky" and so on and so forth.

I have so many stories like that it's not even funny. I use to support black people and defend them in so many situations, but at this point in my life I've dealt with so much racism and hostility from these very same people, I don't give a fuck anymore. Seriously if you wanna be fucking equal, be equal, not this stupid conditional equality that every body fucking wants.

PS You weren't involved in slavery, you weren't involved in the civil rights movements, neither was I, kindly fuck off people who are stupid.

BBS Signature
ZeldaFreak701
ZeldaFreak701
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Race Card 2011-03-18 22:54:03 Reply

At 3/18/11 10:52 PM, Bees wrote: Can't you only get a full refund from gamestop if it's less than a week later

The point was that it was a new game. Used is used, you can take that home for a week and decide if you want to keep it or not. New games, once they're used, they're used. You can't take something back and sell it to someone as new again.

PSN ID: Zeldafreak701 | Gamertag: Zeldafreak701 | 3DS friend code: 0301-9780-8157
You shouldn't have done that....
Sig by BlueHippo <3

BBS Signature
RPGCrazyCritic
RPGCrazyCritic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to The Race Card 2011-03-18 22:55:49 Reply

I do not tolerate being called derogatory names, and the few times I have been called a cracker, sunshine, white boy, I reacted violently, as if being called the N word if I was black. People treat the two races different. It's racist to call a black man the N word or a negro, but it's not racist to call a white man a cracker or a white boy.

So naturally, if I am called so, I lay them out.

A lot of people have pictures for their signatures. But that's stupid. I'm not going to do that. That is so 2008. Not even kidding. Jeez, you guys are stoopid.

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to The Race Card 2011-03-18 22:59:27 Reply

At 3/18/11 10:55 PM, RPGCrazyCritic wrote: So naturally, if I am called so, I lay them out.

It's an uncivilized way to deal with things though. Fighting people because they called you a name is almost like admitting they're right, so your fighting back out of anger. If you act civilized and mature about the situation it makes you look smarter and more right, as in what the other guy said would seem less true.

RPGCrazyCritic
RPGCrazyCritic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to The Race Card 2011-03-18 23:01:50 Reply

At 3/18/11 10:59 PM, mothballs wrote:
At 3/18/11 10:55 PM, RPGCrazyCritic wrote: So naturally, if I am called so, I lay them out.
It's an uncivilized way to deal with things though. Fighting people because they called you a name is almost like admitting they're right, so your fighting back out of anger. If you act civilized and mature about the situation it makes you look smarter and more right, as in what the other guy said would seem less true.

I guess that is a flaw. But I react very harshly because it truly is offensive. But I ignore people who play the race card, to be back on topic. If a person believes I'm being racist, I repeat my statement.

A lot of people have pictures for their signatures. But that's stupid. I'm not going to do that. That is so 2008. Not even kidding. Jeez, you guys are stoopid.

Heinrich
Heinrich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Movie Buff
Response to The Race Card 2011-03-18 23:03:15 Reply

I get the race card mostly from white teenagers. The kids I grew up with are the biggest xenophiles I've ever seen and any form of criticism towards a person who was not white was considered racist.

Another thing too is that non-whites are normally instantly popular in High Schools because they're considered different in a good way. I wear a trench coat and pick coins off the floors and the students think I need to feel the full penalty of the school's wrath.

BBS Signature
zooos
zooos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Race Card 2011-03-18 23:06:40 Reply

At 3/18/11 10:59 PM, mothballs wrote: It's an uncivilized way to deal with things though. Fighting people because they called you a name is almost like admitting they're right, so your fighting back out of anger. If you act civilized and mature about the situation it makes you look smarter and more right, as in what the other guy said would seem less true.

Although I agree the same people who are offended by being called a name but are quick to call someone else a name are not the type of people who respond to intelligence. I have ignored people who have called me racist names before and all that did was rile them up and made them want to get physical with me. It's a funny world we live in.

Honestly, conditional equality. It's all these people want, they want to be equal when it benefits them and specials when it benefits them. It's fucking amusing honestly.

BBS Signature
steph2568
steph2568
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to The Race Card 2011-03-18 23:11:31 Reply

I use it all the time for white people.

<3

BBS Signature
LocoJoe
LocoJoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Race Card 2011-03-18 23:19:23 Reply

I remember this one time my brother used the race card to get outta a ticket. He was pooled over for speeding and when the cop told him he was giving him a ticket he told him "You just doing that because I'm black!" My brother is Hispanic like me. The best part was when the cop let us go. We spent the rest of the drive home laughing our asses off.

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature