00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AllHailInsomnia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Plans in case of fallout?

3,625 Views | 60 Replies

Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-12 15:36:17

It's a long shot right now, but if Fukushima does have a meltdown, there could be fallout reaching other countries within 38 to 39 hours. So what would you do? Iodine pills, hazmat suits, or running around with a pip-boy?

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-12 15:37:36

I'll grab my crowbar and wait for the headcrabs.

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-12 15:38:48

Fap vigorously.

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-12 15:47:51

Good thing I have extra stimpak's laying around.

But in all seriousness if it happens it happens, I'll embrace death because you really don't have a choice. I also figuring fighting to survive would be more painful then just accepting death.

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-12 15:50:51

At 3/12/11 03:36 PM, rolentogrenades wrote: It's a long shot right now, but if Fukushima does have a meltdown, there could be fallout reaching other countries within 38 to 39 hours. So what would you do? Iodine pills, hazmat suits, or running around with a pip-boy?

If you let the "proffesional" dudes figure that theory out it seems like it would take like 10 days for it to hit the united states so you would have a good amount of time to evacuate or figure out what the fuck you are gonna do.

Plans in case of fallout?

Some signature thingy here!

Sig by Cagedsilhouette :3

Join me in the feilds of justice.

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-12 15:53:14

Not happening. They seem to have shit under control, or atleast enough so that there won't be any sort of disaster. The leak has been said to be less signifigant than the one at Three Mile Island.

In the case of fallout drifting all over the world, I would grab a lot of my furniture, go down into my basement, and stack it up against a wall in a lean-to style. I would then take all of the pillowcases in my house, and go outside and fill them with dirt, or more ideally, fine gravel. These would then be placed around and on the lean-to in the basement like sandbags. This is all to block radiation from entering the area from where I would be spending most of my time post-fallout. I would then go plug the drains of the bathtubs and the sinks in my house, and fill them all with water. This is because if the water main gets shut off post-disaster, I would have fresh water to drink. Then, I would take all weapons I could, and put them in the lean-to. People are unpredictable after a disaster, and I want to be the one with the guns.

Furthermore, if all hell broke loose, I would probably rob a few stores in the area to get some necessary supplies, most notably first-aid and iodine tablets (to prevent the thyroid gland from absorbing radioactive material), and to disenfect water.

At this point all canned food would be put in the lean-to, along with any other necessities. If what I have read in books is right, then I would be able to come out of the lean-to in a few days post-fallout, and within a few weeks I could be able to be outside the lean-to for regular 12-hour intervals and not be exposed to damaging amounts of radiation. With a little of a month, all of the radioactivity should have decayed, and life will return to a semi-normal state.

Poozy- Using all caps in the most effective ways...

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-13 23:00:31

Shit is getting real. Yet another blast a few minutes ago:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/ts_nm/us_japa n_quake

Mass evacuation. I wonder where to?

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-13 23:03:58

At 3/12/11 03:37 PM, Stevenscar wrote: I'll grab my crowbar and wait for the headcrabs.

What does HL have to do with Fallout?

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-13 23:09:52

I've planned for the apocalypse a long time ago. I have a hunting knife, leather jacket, jeans, and boots. My mom has a shotgun so I can use that to scare people. I'll have to go to my uncles house to get ammo though and he lives in a bad neighborhood so it might not be worth the risk.

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-13 23:11:32

At 3/12/11 03:38 PM, Klefter wrote: Fap vigorously.

Aint nothing like a radioactive orgasm.

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-13 23:15:00

At 3/12/11 03:37 PM, Stevenscar wrote: I'll grab my crowbar and wait for the headcrabs.

Half life was a Resonance Cascade, nothing to do with radiation. They ripped portals through time and space and the Nihilanth took control of said portals to enslave humanity.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-13 23:15:01

At 3/12/11 03:50 PM, Figter wrote: If you let the "proffesional" dudes figure that theory out it seems like it would take like 10 days for it to hit the united states so you would have a good amount of time to evacuate or figure out what the fuck you are gonna do.

You're telling me I have to go through Saskatchewan to escape certain death?

Fuck it, I'd rather die.

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-13 23:18:46

That picture you saw is false there is no problem with the reaction the media is hyping this and they dosen't afraid of anything.

too school for cool.

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-13 23:24:54

If the plant workers, physicists, and other officials had things completely under control, the second hydrogen blast wouldn't have happened. I agree that the media hype things up and are fearmonger sometimes, but the blasts and small amounts of radiation (supposedly twice the legal limit already) are a reality.

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-13 23:27:31

At 3/13/11 11:24 PM, rolentogrenades wrote: If the plant workers, physicists, and other officials had things completely under control, the second hydrogen blast wouldn't have happened. I agree that the media hype things up and are fearmonger sometimes, but the blasts and small amounts of radiation (supposedly twice the legal limit already) are a reality.

Not to mention they've flooded entire sections to cool them down and prevent a full blown meltdown. The downside is that they'll have tear them down since the sea water will corrode everything. It's literally the last resort.

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-13 23:30:09

If a fallout does happen first thing I'm doing is personally visit rolentogrenades's house and shove a hose down his throat and filling him up with gasoline to shoot burning arrows at him.

Yeah.

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-13 23:32:29

At 3/13/11 11:30 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: I'm just glad I live on the east coast. Hopefully the radiation won't reach here, at least not in dangerous levels.

It likely wouldn't even reach the west coast, but I guess anything is possible in case of a full scale meltdown.

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-14 00:12:05

I'd probably panic and my family would move to somewhere where it was a little safer. Doubt I would survive though since I don't do well in the wilderness for extended periods of time.

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-14 00:19:02

At 3/12/11 03:50 PM, Figter wrote: If you let the "proffesional" dudes figure that theory out it seems like it would take like 10 days for it to hit the united states so you would have a good amount of time to evacuate or figure out what the fuck you are gonna do.

Ah fuck I'm in the 10 day zone. At least I'll have time to figure out what to do before I die.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-14 00:21:45

I'm going to go cry in the corner.

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-14 00:23:16

At 3/14/11 12:12 AM, sixflab wrote: I'd probably panic and my family would move to somewhere where it was a little safer. Doubt I would survive though since I don't do well in the wilderness for extended periods of time.

That's the main problem abroad. There's so much convenience now that not many are privy to true emergencies. People have a lot less survival skill and situational awareness in this era. Many of them wouldn't even know how to turn off their main water supply in case of a water leak or change a hot water heating element in their own homes without advice, let alone be ready for something like a fallout scenario.

You would think survival classes or survival education would be deemed as popular and important as self defense courses are. There are a lot of resources online and in books about surviving in the wilderness under various conditions. Preparing alice packs, making lean-tos, temporary shelters, etc. But radiation would be tricky to survive through without proper medications.

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-14 00:26:44

Nothing's gonna happen

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-14 00:43:49

Gotta love how non-specific that map is.

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-14 00:44:47

I'd fucking search for my dad and try to fix the purifier.

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-14 00:51:34

Go back in time and speed up the production of the Ray-Sphere.

It's worth a shot

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-14 01:51:35

I already have my Goverment issued R-GSXR867 Bullet/RAD resistant suit. Best get yours quik fast and in a HURRY. I'm putting up my extra one for sale on E-Bay for $ 3,000

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-14 01:53:08

vegas baby!

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-14 01:53:32

too bad you all are gonna rot in a molten spastic irradiated wonderland of death :(

three cheers for the achievements of humanity

BBS Signature

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-14 02:26:27

HOLY FUCKING MOTHER OF GOD I'M GOING TO DI- Oh wait. I live on the East Coast. Well, sucks for you. Besides, who needs California anyway? Fuck those guys.

Response to Plans in case of fallout? 2011-03-14 02:27:01

At 3/14/11 01:51 AM, PuRpLe-KusH wrote: I already have my Goverment issued R-GSXR867 Bullet/RAD resistant suit.

Anything that belongs or made by the government and given to simple civilians is complete shit.

BBS Signature