Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 16th, 2011 @ 03:54 PM Reply

From my blog;

High Highs synthy-dream pop lifts us up as we drift through the clouds and the mist. Based out of New York, High Highs is made up of members Jack Milas, Oli Chang, and Zachary Lipkins. With shoegaze on the rise, it's become increasingly rare to find a unique and talented group of musicians that manage to capture the essence of the scene while remaining true to their art. These guys are one of kind

This track is called Flowers Bloom. It bounces through the ambient to the hopelessly optimistic, propelling us skyward in to the heavens and letting us float back down through the clouds gently. Perfect for a rainy day.

High Highs - Flowers Bloom

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 16th, 2011 @ 10:06 PM Reply

Cosmonaut grechko - singin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtKy_kutt HE

its more chillwave than dream pop or shoegaze but whatever im digging it

also thanks for these links canas they're all pretty dope, esp the latest one

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 16th, 2011 @ 10:40 PM Reply

At 6/16/11 10:06 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Cosmonaut grechko - singin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtKy_kutt HE

its more chillwave than dream pop or shoegaze but whatever im digging it

Fantastic, love it. Got that urban ski-hill feel. Like i'm boarding down the sky-scrapers of a snow-covered winterscape in a florescent business suit.

also thanks for these links canas they're all pretty dope, esp the latest one

It's my passion, I wish I could make a living out of it.

Got another track I plan on posting in my blog tomorrow, unfortunately Tumblr doesn't let you upload two files a day so I have to wait on this one..

The Generationals - Greenleaf

Absoluuuuuuuutely love this track. Just makes me so happy, I find myself humming it all day. I've been a fan of this band for about two years, but this must be my favorite song they've made thusfar. Very 60's.

SineRider
SineRider
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 16th, 2011 @ 10:56 PM Reply

At 6/16/11 03:54 PM, Canas wrote: High Highs - Flowers Bloom

Damn that's beautiful. Keep the links coming, I need to go back and take some band names down to check out more.

At 6/16/11 10:06 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: its more chillwave than dream pop or shoegaze but whatever im digging it

Feel free to post whatever. I'm open to anything really, as long as it's something similar to shoegaze or dreampop.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 17th, 2011 @ 04:39 PM Reply

At 6/10/11 01:50 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Now I know it's not shoegaze but these guys are close with Deerhunter

Fuck, shit, I meant Deerhoof. Deerhoof is the shit.

Go! Portland, Oregon experimental music movement!

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 17th, 2011 @ 04:45 PM Reply

At 6/17/11 04:39 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
At 6/10/11 01:50 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Now I know it's not shoegaze but these guys are close with Deerhunter
Fuck, shit, I meant Deerhoof. Deerhoof is the shit.

Go! Portland, Oregon experimental music movement!

Deer Leap

fucking deer everywhere I don't even what fuck

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 17th, 2011 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 6/17/11 04:45 PM, SomaGuye wrote:
At 6/10/11 01:50 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
Deer Leap

Nothing says Oregon like Deer

SineRider
SineRider
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 17th, 2011 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 6/17/11 05:06 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
Deer Leap

New Topic: Deer on album art

GO

Shoegaze & Dream Pop club

GenocidalTendencies
GenocidalTendencies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 17th, 2011 @ 05:17 PM Reply

My Bloody Valentine is probably one of my favorite bands. I never really got into much shoegaze because to be completely honest most new shoegaze sucks anyways. I prefer post-rock anyways.

Facebook
"Man creates his own reality."

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 18th, 2011 @ 08:57 AM Reply

At 6/17/11 05:13 PM, SineRider wrote:
At 6/17/11 05:06 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
Deer Leap

New Topic: Deer on album art

GO

I went off and found four but I bring two.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 20th, 2011 @ 12:15 AM Reply

Just over a year ago I spent four days in Amsterdam in what I can only describe as the best time of my life. It still resonates in my brain to this day, and there's no more appropriate song than

Peter Bjorn & John - Amsterdam

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 20th, 2011 @ 02:28 AM Reply

Simply one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

High Highs - Horses

SineRider
SineRider
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 21st, 2011 @ 10:31 AM Reply

At 6/17/11 05:17 PM, GenocidalTendencies wrote: My Bloody Valentine is probably one of my favorite bands. I never really got into much shoegaze because to be completely honest most new shoegaze sucks anyways. I prefer post-rock anyways.

Hey, that's cool. You don't have to be a big fan of the genre. My Bloody Valentine is a great band. I also get enjoyment out of listening to Isn't Anything and Loveless. They were one of the first shoegaze bands I came across. (which is probably the same for many people)

At 6/20/11 12:15 AM, Canas wrote: Peter Bjorn & John - Amsterdam

I like a few tunes by these guys. Any albums you could reccomend? I've only heard loose tracks.

Lately I've been getting back into Oceanographer and Jesu. The newest Jesu album is pretty cool, although now sure why a lot of people didn't like it. I suppose it isn't revolutionary in anyway, but very satisfying.

Oceanographer's full length album is probably one of my favortie albums of all time. Check it out over at their website, you can stream it the entire thing.

KKSlider60
KKSlider60
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 21st, 2011 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 6/17/11 05:17 PM, GenocidalTendencies wrote: My Bloody Valentine is probably one of my favorite bands. I never really got into much shoegaze because to be completely honest most new shoegaze sucks anyways. I prefer post-rock anyways.

I enjoyed most of the songs you have all posted here and atmospheric/experimental rock is one of the best things ever performed on Earth. I'm actually experimenting with such styles as some sound pretty intriguing and enigmatic to me, but I still don't seek melody... rather, amplifying atmospheres and layers.

Particularly, imagine Carbon Based Lifeforms fused with Buckethead's Shadows Between the Sky. Any recommendations, or bands/projects that sound like this?

Glib
Glib
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 30th, 2011 @ 02:25 PM Reply

heyyyyy guyyysssssss

Glib
Glib
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 30th, 2011 @ 02:27 PM Reply

since sine is the only one posting good shoegaze/dream pop i'll join

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSQJtSizF xw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1RCVOxo gk

SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 30th, 2011 @ 02:28 PM Reply

I got a DD7 the other day so now I have a DD3 running into a DD7 and I can make all sorts of dreamy sounds.

DD = Digital Delay in case you don't know.

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 30th, 2011 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 6/21/11 10:31 AM, SineRider wrote: I like a few tunes by these guys. Any albums you could reccomend? I've only heard loose tracks.

I could recommend some for sure, but whether or not they're any good would be a different story. I'm afraid to say i'm in the same boat as you as far as PB&J goes, i've only heard a handful of loose work.

At 6/30/11 02:27 PM, Glib wrote: since sine is the only one posting good shoegaze/dream pop i'll join

oi

>:(

Been leaning toward a lot more of the synthier stuff as of late. Bit of a departure from the tradition shoegaze band and more in to the electronic realm I suppose.

Washed Out is just exploding all over the scene as of late, especially now since the new album drops in a few days. Luckily, I got my greedy little hands on it already, and luckily for the rest of us they whole album is on YouTube for listening pleasure.

Washed Out - A dedication ~~ Chilling haunting sounds from Ernest Greene, actually the closing track on the album. Definitely a little bit out of the ordinary, I gotta admire his experimental nature with the genre

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jun. 30th, 2011 @ 07:37 PM Reply

yeah, i got my dirty soiled hands on washed out too, not listened to it properly yet though, heard nothing but praise for it though.

Catalepsy
Catalepsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jul. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:50 PM Reply

I think I might join this club. I'm not too well versed on the genres, but the Cocteau Twins are one of my favourite bands. I've also heard good things about Dead Can Dance, but for some reason I've not checked any of their stuff out.

Basically I'm asking for recommendations as far as records go.

also this thread has too much piss aura

i liked it better when tv was for boys

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jul. 5th, 2011 @ 01:36 AM Reply

And now for a change of pace~~

I've had my eye on Starfucker for a while, and my tuned ear was just waiting for the appropriate smash hit to gobble up and gasm all over.

STRFKR - Death as a Fetish

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jul. 5th, 2011 @ 01:38 AM Reply

And while we're on the subject of the somewhat obscure uprising band, here's something a little bit more on the traditional side, perhaps not even classified as dreampop or shoegaze but regardless. It's new music, and it's tasty and tantalizing. Similar to Best Coast with a little more edge and a little less california wave, this is Cults

Cults - You know what I mean

SineRider
SineRider
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jul. 6th, 2011 @ 10:31 AM Reply

At 6/30/11 02:27 PM, Glib wrote: since sine is the only one posting good shoegaze/dream pop i'll join

Good stuff bro, Alcian Blue are beautiful

At 6/30/11 02:28 PM, SomaGuye wrote: I got a DD7 the other day so now I have a DD3 running into a DD7 and I can make all sorts of dreamy sounds.

DD = Digital Delay in case you don't know.

That's cool, playing with copious amounts of delay can be fun. I tend to use a lot of software effects, so I can ultimately have as many effects as I want. I'd like to get some more pedals for my pedal board as it's pretty weak right now.

At 6/30/11 04:21 PM, Canas wrote: Washed Out - A dedication ~~ Chilling haunting sounds from Ernest Greene, actually the closing track on the album. Definitely a little bit out of the ordinary, I gotta admire his experimental nature with the genre

Damn, now that is what I like. Reminds me of Hammock, but with a trip-hop/chillwave feel.

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jul. 6th, 2011 @ 01:14 PM Reply

At 7/6/11 10:31 AM, SineRider wrote: Damn, now that is what I like. Reminds me of Hammock, but with a trip-hop/chillwave feel.

Washed Out - Far Away is also fucking fantastic. The album, as a whole, absolutely kills.

I suppose it's impossible not to mention Yeasayer. I'm not exactly sure what genre you would consider them to be under, but lets not box our music. Either you like it or you don't, and they've absolutely friggen exploded this past couple years.

If you haven't heard of them you might be living under a rock, here's my favorite few tracks

Yeasayer - Phoenix Wind
Yeasayer - 2080
Yeasayer - Madder Red

SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jul. 7th, 2011 @ 09:26 PM Reply

Saw this band called Milk they pretty neato their music is cool beans listen to em they're really good.

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jul. 8th, 2011 @ 04:41 AM Reply

At 7/7/11 09:26 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Saw this band called Milk they pretty neato their music is cool beans listen to em they're really good.

Scoping it out in the morning,

for now, BananaBreadMuffin, I snagged a radio edit of your Cosmonaut Grechko song that I loved. Slapped it up on youtube for ya'll to enjoy

Cosmonaut Grechko - Singin' (Radio Edit)

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jul. 11th, 2011 @ 06:08 PM Reply

Thanks for the latest hits canas, well aware of yeasayer (saw em live last summer, fantastic live set) and cults, but starfucker are new to me, that hook was pretty sexy. Also thx for the 3min edit of Grechko.
Listened to Washed Out's album and love it as well. Echoes and Amor Fati are lovely as well as what you've mentioned. Also, Germany Germany have a new album out (it's fantastic, a highlight is Natural) and it spurred me to find some more of their stuff, and I came across the lovely Just Go.

Perfect music for sitting in the sun in the hills of tuscany
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jul. 21st, 2011 @ 03:02 PM Reply

Hello again folks, it's been a while so I thought i'd chill you out with a few tracks

Letting up Despite Great Faults - Teenage Tide: LUDGF mixes sounds akin to Postal Service and The Radio Dept, bouncing between indie and shoegaze with catchy riffs and buzzing keyboards. Gotta love this song

Gem Club - Breakers: Lets shift down a gear for a moment and pause to enjoy the hazy serenity of Gem Club. Breakers teeters on the brink of deep sorrow, dipping above the surface with powerful melodic breathy sighs.

High Highs - Open Season: I can't say enough about the brilliance of this band. Shift back up a few gears and relax

SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jul. 22nd, 2011 @ 03:39 PM Reply

Japanoland band Coaltar of the Deepers

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club Jul. 22nd, 2011 @ 04:51 PM Reply

I don't know if he fits into this genre, but I've been listening to Toro Y Moi recently. 'Causers of this' is such a chill album.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature