Be a Supporter!
KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Elfen Lied Sep. 18th, 2011 @ 04:07 AM Reply

Lmao Elfen lied is a good show but it's not that gory or have much nudity just go look for ecchi/gore anime & you'll find much worst then elfen.

Show was okay but story was a bit weak and.... wait you just finish watching this.... it's been 7 years...

BBS Signature
Davidxtrem
Davidxtrem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to Elfen Lied Sep. 18th, 2011 @ 04:09 AM Reply

Oh hey my old thread came back. I think it's my only thread with at least 4 pages.

cool : P
JimCoolCarl
JimCoolCarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Elfen Lied Sep. 18th, 2011 @ 04:31 AM Reply

I watched the anime earlier this year and found it to be both intense and satisfying.

what i liked most about it is probably the fact that, despite the fact that it has nudity, its not of the arousing kind.
it was as if i had too much respect for these characters to even think of fucking them (similar to how i respect Lighting from FFXiii)

then theres the theme of the show, bloody carnage in an otherwise peaceful environments, its bi polar but it works.

i just wish i didnot start watching it after i came off Death Note because i was in the mood for smarter animes.

BrockManson
BrockManson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to Elfen Lied Sep. 18th, 2011 @ 06:10 AM Reply

Borrows very heavily from Akira, but then many animations do.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to Elfen Lied Sep. 18th, 2011 @ 06:28 AM Reply

At 9/18/11 04:09 AM, Davidxtrem wrote: Oh hey my old thread came back. I think it's my only thread with at least 4 pages.

cool : P

Then I'm going to cross my fingers for another 4 pages.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 06:26 PM Reply

It's incredibly flawed and only really known for it's violence and gore, which was a shock back then but after playing dead space I can't really be affected by most of it.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 06:43 PM Reply

Elfen Lied is completely overrated, which is disappointing since japanese horrors are usually really good psychological thrillers about the characters minds rather than the audiences shock. Absoloutely nothing happens for ages, not even any build up or tension, just nothing. When something did happen past halfway through I was past caring and stopped watching. If you like gratuitious tits and violence then youll like it. Id recommend Higurashi no naku koro ni instead since its everything Elfen Lied isnt.

Zanthas
Zanthas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 07:53 PM Reply

I'm not going to lie, I really dislike the Elfen Lied Anime.

Compared to the manga, it sucks, hard. Especially since the second half of the series is so rushed in the anime. You can really see this in the last two episodes.
I recommend anyone who watched the series to read the manga also, it really explains more of the back story and the characters have a more in-depth character development.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:03 PM Reply

Elfen Lied would have been much better without all the nudity and intense violence. Also, the anime's ending was frustratingly unsatisfying.

Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
GlobalWARMING1
GlobalWARMING1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:08 PM Reply

My freind reccommened this anime to me i saw the first couple of episodes and it got boring. Is it seriously worth watching?

benmitchell0036
benmitchell0036
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:11 PM Reply

I would give it a 6.5/10.

The voice acting was HORRIBLE, at least in English, and I've heard that the Japanese voice acting sucked as well. The nudity was pointless and made me feel gross because the nude girl is either slaughtering people, or she has the mental capacity of a 2 year old and/or retard. It ended on multiple cliffhangers, and was left completely unresolved. I personally did not care at all for the character models, idk, maybe that was just the typical anime character style at the time, but they looked weird to me.

The main guy in it was a complete tool. Half the time he had no idea what was going on. His cousin, who was IN LOVE WITH HIM, was also a whiny bitch.

YenMuffin
YenMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:52 PM Reply

At 3/8/11 12:42 AM, Davidxtrem wrote: I just finished Elfen Lied today and I recommend this! especially for their ost which is AMAZING

what do you guys think about this one?

Elfen Lied OST

btw Lucy is hot :3

I watched it a couple years ago. Even though it's somewhat funny and perverted with some very violent flashbacks, it's pretty sad.

Gamertag: YenMuffin || Minecraft ID: YenMuffin || Noticing a pattern? Pikachu.

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 11:28 PM Reply

Although Gory and violent, Elfen Lied is byfar one of the better animes ever created.

The story itself is extremely deep, and tests the morality, and HUMANITY of humans in refrence to anything Foreign.

God... WHen Lucy told the main character the truth it was the most heartbreaking thing ever.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
MidoriKatsu
MidoriKatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 15th, 2012 @ 03:07 PM Reply

I saw Elfen Lied and I just had to phoenix down this thread.

I have cancer on my anus. Should I see my gynecologist?

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 15th, 2012 @ 06:30 PM Reply

At 6/2/12 07:59 PM, CockGobbler wrote: Elfen Lied is entry level shit, probably one of the worst entry level anime in existence. 90% of the anime sucks and it doesn't get good until the last couple episodes, but unfortunately it is completely ruined by having one of the worst endings I've ever seen in an anime, comparable to that of Magikano.

Which is the reason why the manga is better.

Seriously, the anime ended halfway around where the manga was at.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 15th, 2012 @ 06:32 PM Reply

At 6/15/12 03:07 PM, MidoriKatsu wrote: I saw Elfen Lied and I just had to phoenix down this thread.

Why did you bump a shit thread about a shit anime?

Do you like shit that much?

Why dont you eat it then?

Nebula
Nebula
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 15th, 2012 @ 07:31 PM Reply

This show fucking sucked.

Letterboxd/Lecter Crew"Halber Mensch is like the Katamari Damacy of Industrial minus the happy"-BoredLooney. Look at my sig. It's better than Bren's.

BBS Signature
captainlolz
captainlolz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 15th, 2012 @ 08:47 PM Reply

elfen lied at it's core is a dr jekyll and mr hyde esque romance,with too much fanservice in a show where little girls get torn in half.

the themes of this show are nature vs nurture (lucy admits her species will wipe out human race and she infected a random chick with the Diclonius gene ,chief wants to wipe out the human race),genocide,racism,humanity's capacity for cruelty

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 15th, 2012 @ 09:05 PM Reply

At 6/15/12 08:47 PM, captainlolz wrote: elfen lied at it's core is a dr jekyll and mr hyde esque romance,with too much fanservice in a show where little girls get torn in half.

Yeah, I would put Elfin Lied as more of a horror themed show than a romance. As for the fanservice, well it's obviously a show aimed for adults, so complaining about fanservice in an adult show is moot.

the themes of this show are nature vs nurture (lucy admits her species will wipe out human race and she infected a random chick with the Diclonius gene ,chief wants to wipe out the human race),genocide,racism,humanity's capacity for cruelty

While it's true that Elfin Lied has plenty of those themes you mentioned, the anime in itself is more blood and nudity more than anything else, particularly in the first couple of episodes.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 15th, 2012 @ 09:15 PM Reply

At 6/15/12 09:05 PM, orangebomb wrote:

While it's true that Elfin Lied has plenty of those themes you mentioned, the anime in itself is more blood and nudity more than anything else, particularly in the first couple of episodes.

Maybe it's just me but when it comes to split personality issues with characters, the evil personality seemed to be the genocidal version of the said character while the good personality on the other hand...is good.

Granted Lucy/Kaede has three personalities and the third was actually genocidal.

They seemed to do that with other series as well, I mean I wonder if Gemini Saga was a hornless male diclonius. That or it might have inspired Lynn with that idea.

Nana actually has the "voice in head" syndrome as well but she chose to ignore it, tells you something about "nature vs. nurture" kind of thing although Stockholm Syndrome helps in her case.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
DJB0tDude
DJB0tDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 05:48 PM Reply

what's so hot about lucy. i saw the whole anime begining to end and P.S. i'm not gay but this anime is messed up.

Generations1st
Generations1st
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Filmmaker
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 06:11 PM Reply

I've never loled so much in life with this Anime...
Lucy kinda reminds me of Asuka Langley if she was on crack and had no sense of humor..
The definition of a Sadistic solution, is usually someone painted all over the walls with their own carcass and blood, all this to be loved?
Makes me wonder if that's where the movie Chronical got the idea from, naww that's just a coincidence, it has a similar concept...

Aside from not always making sense and jumping the shark at every driven moment, I still kinda enjoyed it, a point of view is usually seen with the most unexpected, but don't judge me own i how i feel in seeing young children having their torso being ripped from their body, not to mention her motives are usually a Genocide of HATE and revenge, it just soo unfortunate she can't take the heat when people piss her off..

Where's a shrink when you need one?

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Elfen Lied Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 08:47 PM Reply

At 6/21/12 05:48 PM, DJB0tDude wrote: what's so hot about lucy. i saw the whole anime begining to end and P.S. i'm not gay but this anime is messed up.

You should have read the manga.

The anime ended halfway where the manga was.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
KaedeLivesOn
KaedeLivesOn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Elfen Lied Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 06:41 PM Reply

At 3/8/11 08:34 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: If you want to know how the series ends, I recommend you to check out the manga. The ending was pretty gross when considering what happened to Lucy/Kaede (her real name/Nyu. Even Nana and Bando ends up with happier ending than she has.

Her real name is Kaede not Nyu. Nyu is the name she gets after the people on the beach find her and al she can say is Nyu. And she gets reborn as the twins at the very end if you read it.

Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Audiophile
Response to Elfen Lied Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 07:24 PM Reply

Who's Elfen? Why did he lie?

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Elfen Lied Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 07:40 PM Reply

I liked this anime.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Elfen Lied Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 08:07 PM Reply

The truth condensed into 600x496 by /a/

Elfen Lied

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Elfen Lied Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 10:49 PM Reply

At 2/10/13 08:07 PM, BumFodder wrote: The truth condensed into 600x496 by /a/

To be fair, Hetalia is pretty much a yaoi fodder created to attract fan girls. Also, Naruto practically ruined itself with series of pointless fillers and made attempts to have villains sympathetic even when they nuked the village and committed genocides. Even Obito can burn in hell for all I care when it's all said and done.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Elfen Lied Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 10:50 PM Reply

At 2/10/13 06:41 PM, KaedeLivesOn wrote:

Her real name is Kaede not Nyu. Nyu is the name she gets after the people on the beach find her and al she can say is Nyu. And she gets reborn as the twins at the very end if you read it.

I know, I messed up the post when I wrote that.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
dymck1
dymck1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Elfen Lied Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 11:02 PM Reply

Elfen Lied tries WAY too hard.