00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads)

2,132 Views | 26 Replies

Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:12:20

If you enjoy Jennifer Aniston's Sex Tape, then please read below! :)

So in this age of the Internet, people like you are increasingly cynical towards advertising and marketing ploys. You tune it out, you install Adblock, etc. But every now and then an ad comes along that you actually appreciate. It's an ad that you see and think: "now if only more ads were like that."

In this thread I'd like to people to post examples and discuss what you think makes these good ads good! Any kind of ad is fine, but with YouTube TV ads are probably the most intuitive to share. I'll lead with a few examples.

Here's a format we could follow:

[Ad Title or Company or Product]

[Brief reason for the appeal, e.g. HILARIOUS, good emotion, clever, unexpected]

[Link or pic]

[Screenie, if applicable]

Here's my first example.

Bud Light's "Product Placement"

It's funny because it makes a mockery of advertising!

Link

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:12:57

So proceed in the above manner, or if you'd rather discuss or disagree as to whether the ad is good or not, feel free. I have a huge interest in this sort of stuff and would eventually like to be part of the industry that is delivering excellent ads, instead of boring repetitive ads, to people.

More!

Smartwater's "Jennifer Aniston's Sex Tape" (in case you didn't figure it out yet)

I like it because it's cheeky and tips a hat to us Internet folk.

Link

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:13:34

And another just to keep the example train rollin':

Pfizer's "Graffiti"

Pulls on the heartstrings. If you're feeling particularly bitter and are hating humanity right now you might not be as moved. :P

Link

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:16:09

I could actually do this all night, but I wanna see what you guys can come up with :)

One more:

Car Max's "Kid in a Candy Store"

The execution of the idea here is just plain clever IMO. Also good use of light humour.

Link

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:22:19

What's it like talking to yourself Zerok?

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:22:49

At 3/7/11 10:22 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: What's it like talking to yourself Zerok?

It's so lonely

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:22:51

I can't link to it because I'm not from the UK, but my friends have told me that Youtube featured nudity on the front page in the UK...google it.

BBS Signature

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:23:40

At 3/7/11 10:22 PM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: I can't link to it because I'm not from the UK, but my friends have told me that Youtube featured nudity on the front page in the UK...google it.

Yeah I heard about that... is that your idea of 'good' advertising? It certainly turned some heads!

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:28:59

At 3/7/11 10:26 PM, speeling wrote: So are you asking us to find normal ads that we think can be funny?

Not 'can' be: are. If you come across an ad while watching TV or online or wherever that grabs your attention and makes you appreciate it I'd love to see it. And share why you think it's so great. Or watch some of these and give your opinion on whether or not you think they're good.

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:29:30

At 3/7/11 10:23 PM, Zerok wrote: Yeah I heard about that... is that your idea of 'good' advertising? It certainly turned some heads!

It was all done in that hypocritical British stance. You can't have nudity unless it pays, etc. etc.

Unless you're a raincoat brigade pervert out to corrupt the kids.

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:30:20

I wish I could find the latest Priceline Negotiator commercial.

Just saw it today, they showed the fuckin' headquarters! You need to beat a robot arm at arm wrestling and pass a finger scan to get in. Top secret research goes down behind those walls.

"How does a man fighting a tiger have anything to do with Priceline lowering your rate...?"

"We're not sure yet."

BBS Signature

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:31:02

I don't know if I'm doing this right but...

Coca-Cola's ''Grand Theft Auto''

The reason I like it is because it's Grand Theft Auto and it's nice to see a little change from the harsh world. :P

Link, the hero of Hyrule.

'Family, religion, friends... These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.' - Charles Montgomery Burns, The Simpsons

BBS Signature

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:36:47

BBS Signature

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:38:39

At 3/7/11 10:30 PM, Strategize wrote: I wish I could find the latest Priceline Negotiator commercial.

Just saw it today, they showed the fuckin' headquarters! You need to beat a robot arm at arm wrestling and pass a finger scan to get in. Top secret research goes down behind those walls.

"How does a man fighting a tiger have anything to do with Priceline lowering your rate...?"

"We're not sure yet."

Hahah, nice. They seem to have the other commericals on YT so maybe it just hasn't been uploaded yet?

At 3/7/11 10:31 PM, The3Dragons wrote:
I don't know if I'm doing this right but...
Coca-Cola's ''Grand Theft Auto''

The reason I like it is because it's Grand Theft Auto and it's nice to see a little change from the harsh world. :P

Oh man, I never saw this. What a good ad; it gives that feel-good sense without pushing the brand too much. Coke's always had some really good stuff and always in that vein of "feel good." Their 'Open Happiness' thing is really well executed in their advertising, such as in this one which aired during the Superbowl:

Coca Cola's "The Border"

Demonstrating Coke as a common denominator. A huge amount of storytelling happens in just one minute and without any words, which is one of my favourite ways to see a story told.

Link

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:39:36

One of the funniest ones from Hardees.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:43:46

At 3/7/11 10:41 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: This thread might have been fun if there wasn't military guidelines that each of us has to follow to participate.

Feel free to participate without writing a book.

I'm sure he won't mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:45:19

Found this through the provided link. Under related videos.

You've probably already seen it though. It's true, Coke makes a lot of "feel-good" commercials.

BBS Signature

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:45:51

xbox great unaired commercial. hold on to your gamertag.

BBS Signature

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:46:53

At 3/7/11 10:38 PM, Zerok wrote: Coca Cola's "The Border"

I saw that one during the super bowl.
Made me go "b'awwwww" and wish differences can be settled with just a bottle of coke.

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:49:21

That wasn't a sex tape.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-07 22:51:04

At 3/7/11 10:36 PM, Strategize wrote: I've loved this commercial since when it first aired.

Never gets old.

Teehee, simple but effective. And I love the double entendre in the slogan.

At 3/7/11 10:39 PM, Narcissy wrote: One of the funniest ones from Hardees.

It's a great practical joke rolled into an ad! Amazing, ahaha.

At 3/7/11 10:41 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: This thread might have been fun if there wasn't military guidelines that each of us has to follow to participate.

You're as whiny as the grandchildren of these pompous prisoners in this really, really well done Audi commerical:

Audi's "Release the Hounds"

Quirky at first, then the humour escalates in waves as the crazy story progresses. Right at the end the brand message slams through at the same point as the climax of the story, clear as a bell. Awesome story, great humour, brilliant timing!

Link

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-08 08:39:50

I gotta say, the French have the best condom commercials!

Link #1
Link #2

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-08 09:12:13

I wish I had the money for an Audi A8

BBS Signature

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-08 09:17:04

At 3/7/11 10:22 PM, Zerok wrote: It's so lonely

*hug*

a.k.a. Mary

My NG Wiki Page

"i guess it's settled that carm is a the manliest and most chauvinistic of mods? ^_________^" - Rucklo

BBS Signature

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-10 10:31:25

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-10 11:12:50

Ah brilliant, Zerok! I do love the graffiti one, can't think of any right now but this has plastered me with the first grin of the day.

BBS Signature

Response to Jen Aniston's Sex Tape (good ads) 2011-03-10 12:02:22

Durex' Condom Animals

The commercial starts innocently enough. Even though that only last a couple of seconds, the "balloon animals" seem to shout cute. Then there's the shock value. Are they really doing what you think they are doing? Then the finale just tops it all.

I can't stop loving this commercial.

BBS Signature