00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Music being stolen

42,119 Views | 369 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 00:23:25

just went to her profile again, noticed that her facebook link is gone along with (obviously) the gruntworthy link, things are lookin good guys

BBS Signature

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 00:33:44

At 3/6/11 11:28 PM, mr-jazzman wrote: I'm interested, as long as y'all are legit. I've checked out y'all's site; how big are you, exactly, out of curiosity?

We've been a functioning label since November 2010 and been promoting events in the San Francisco Bay Area since june 2010. We run a monthly now at 1015 Folsom in SF called GruntWorthy Wednesdays, which primarily showcases our label producers. We've also thrown large indoor/outdoor bass music events like Headband, and River Of Bass which had 48 DJs on 2 stages over 24 hours with PropaTingz, NastyNasty, Stephan Jacobs, Sugarpill, Djunya, Minnesota, SkullTrane and a lot more.

We're oriented around "Future Bass" music, which is basically high quality original melodic heavy bass music from across the BPM range.
We've had 3 releases so far on beatport, starting with GruntWorthy Vol. 1 which featured "Blind Dreams" from Stephan Jacobs & +verb (which held the number one position on soundcloud). Right now, we are getting ready for another wave of releases which will be targeted as either BeatPort or Addictech exclusive releases (depending on artist and style) which will be out by this June.
You can check out our soundcloud to see our catalog.

Honestly we somehow had not heard of NG til whole thing happened, so thank you all for alerting us.
We are seriously interested in many artists from this site, so if any of you are serious about releasing music with us, contact us at label@gruntworthy.com and we will be happy to give you more information.

-Dr.Knobz
GruntWorthy Music

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 00:36:03

On her profile it claims that she is from New Orleans. Well i'am from NO and I have a cousin who is extremely into the game of underground music and has actually played live at many concerts and knows just about everyone and the areas in the underground music mix.

If she had played anywhere around here especially in other countries, surely a local place has heard of her. Does anyone need me to go out of my way and clarify any of supposive "live concerts" or just a profile of her for clarification that she indeed does not exist? The only reason i'm asking is because if she has done a concert locally by some rare phenomenon of her actually existing, she might have profitted from it and that would just be plain wrong.

Although the New Orleans and Mississippi discription could be total bullshit. I will go out of my way to help you guys out anyway I can if need be. Despite this faulty information, my cousin does know many underground musicians from all over the United States and many other countries, so he may have heard or may be able to contact someone who might know.

Just let me know if this is needed information.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 00:54:40

At 3/7/11 12:23 AM, joethesouleater wrote: just went to her profile again, noticed that her facebook link is gone along with (obviously) the gruntworthy link, things are lookin good guys

She is certainly playing hard to break... She's just taking off links one at a time, hoping that no one will notice. If only you could put comments on a profile, not just on individual songs.

bork bork bork

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 00:59:26

At 3/6/11 08:47 PM, GruntWorthy wrote: One thing is for sure, she has gotten all the stolen artists far more exposure than anyone of them had before.

exposure means nothing when you don't know who made the original...lets say she uploaded a song i made and changed the title. the one i have gets 2,000 views and the one she uploaded gets 10,000 views in 1 week. more people like what she uploaded but nobody knows its from me

1 month later mine is at 3,000 views and hers is at 50,000 views, what good does her posting do me? none, by changing the name shes taking away views from the original artist

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 01:48:29

That's why you do what you can to redirect the listeners to your music. Hence why everyone here is trying to do just that for xKore, mr-jazzman and the others affected by this on her tracks. If/when the listeners find the comment they will probably look at the original track to clarify if it's really the original artist, thus generating publicity.

Yay.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 02:11:36

At 3/7/11 01:48 AM, Gario wrote: That's why you do what you can to redirect the listeners to your music. Hence why everyone here is trying to do just that for xKore, mr-jazzman and the others affected by this on her tracks. If/when the listeners find the comment they will probably look at the original track to clarify if it's really the original artist, thus generating publicity.

Yay.

Yes.

Case in point, I registered just to post this:

I was a fan of "hers" for a while now on Soundcloud, and have posted quite a few comments on her tracks. I did notice that a lot of her stuff sounded different, but it didn't really occur to me until the Room Dubstep track was uploaded what was going on.

Here's what I mean -- I've been DJing for almost seven years and 95% of the time, the first thing I notice about a track is the key that it is in.

Something I've learned over time is that a lot of Dubstep/Liquid D&B Producers tend to work in the same key with the exception of few (Spor comes to mind). So, when I realized the drastic difference in that track, I went back and started looking through her stuff. All of "her" tracks were in different keys. The BPMs were also erratic, and "her" stylistic approach to every track was polarized. That was a warning flag that I blissfully ignored for some reason.

So, at any rate, I posted something on Facebook and was almost immediately linked here, and then I figured out what happened. It turns out that a lot of my fellow DJs/promoters were fans of "hers," and have since been directed here. xKore, your name has been brought up a lot in particular. This thread is being tossed around everywhere.

You're getting your publicity. Give SC some time to get the stuff from that account down, and let the dust settle. Your publicity is coming. Personally, I really hope that some of you guys get your stuff signed and released, because I'd kill to be able to buy some of these tracks in full 320 to use my mixes. You guys have got a great ear for sound, and it would make a lot of us DJs happy if you got the benefit from it.

Cheers!

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 02:18:45

Using fake pics of girls? Kinda reminds me of someone on newgrounds lol

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 02:19:46

Sorry for the double post, but I couldn't find the edit button, heh.

To clarify: While downloading Play Mes/Free Promos/Bootlegs is nice and all that, those of us who respect our hobby/job will always, ALWAYS pay back for whatever it is we take. While it would be simple for me or anyone else to just cruise through to the audio portal and download whatever we want, I think you'd be surprised how many people would be willing to pay you for your tracks.

At least, that's where I know me & my crews stand. :)

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 02:22:04

There could more like Her. Posting stuffs she didn't own. Is there anyway we can prevent something like this to happen?

You see this case is analogical to seeing a rat, when you see one it means there are thousands of them!

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 02:25:40

At 3/7/11 02:22 AM, masheenH3ad wrote: There could more like Her. Posting stuffs she didn't own. Is there anyway we can prevent something like this to happen?

You see this case is analogical to seeing a rat, when you see one it means there are thousands of them!

It's about as easy to stop as plagiarism... Considering it's the same thing.

You can't control free will and some people just feel the need to do stuff like this. The only thing that can be done is finding the people that do do it, and having them face the consequences.

I mean death of course.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 03:15:23

ITT: Dipstick steals various artist's music claiming it to be their own. Fraud gets found out, original NG artists are seriously considered for getting signed to labels.

Yup. I'd say this is pretty win here for NG.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 04:16:28

Just a note to guys and gruntworthy: If you are talking about yourselves and if you are interested, please use the PM system. That is what it's made for.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 10:39:52

Here is more profile pages of her:

Here is her own site. (Just a picture!)
Here is her Don't Stay In profile.

I'm offline now. Chat with others that hate Cetacea Here! Leave me a comment in my profile if you want to chat with me!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 10:59:25

At 3/7/11 10:39 AM, Hex-a-is-gone wrote: Here is her own site. (Just a picture!)

Just a picture. And a very poorly photoshopped picture, at that!

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 13:18:05

Good news everyone.
Cetacea doesn't have anymore a profile pic and tracks are now just 46 (from 64). Something is going on on Soundcloud.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 13:21:29

o_O
Just when I was about to post a new comment on another track, I couldn't. When I refreshed the page, "she" didn't had that track anymore, in fact SHE HAVE NO MORE TRACKS !!!!!
Newgrounds victory !!!!
Congrats everyone involved.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 13:22:41

she made everything private now that fucking bitch

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 13:23:46

Woah dude, what the fuck!? That's some brand of bullshit I haven't seen on the shelves for a while. Sounds like some major faggotiering is going down here.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 13:26:26

At 3/7/11 11:16 AM, 2dpolygon wrote: How do we report her website if she uploads our music there?
Do we have to find the webhost first or something? (Probably a noob question)

you can go the fbi website but if you want and click report website

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 13:28:58

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 13:30:02

At 3/7/11 01:27 PM, 2dpolygon wrote: Oh wait, I already found out.

That's your space isn't it? Mine is different to yours.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 13:32:30

At 3/7/11 01:30 PM, 2dpolygon wrote: YES! YES! YEEEEEESH!

WE HAVE WON.

For now...

yes we have won but there is still other people stealing like this one kid that was stealing from newgrounds audio portal untill he was caught

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 13:32:37

At 3/7/11 01:26 PM, kazumazkan wrote:
At 3/7/11 11:16 AM, 2dpolygon wrote: How do we report her website if she uploads our music there?
Do we have to find the webhost first or something? (Probably a noob question)
you can go the fbi website but if you want and click report website

I'm fairly certain the FBI has larger things to worry about than someone claiming music from newgrounds as their own.

Wat

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 13:33:40

At 3/7/11 01:28 PM, kazumazkan wrote: here you go people

The account seems to be gone.

Good to see justice prevail.

Wat

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 13:47:05

Man oh man I sure missed alot while the internet was being dumb here. Yea team newgrounds!

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 13:51:03

looks like her page has been taken down.

sorry to hear about all this

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 14:07:58

To avoid such problems in the future, I suggest to make a group of newgrounders on Soundcloud (if it's not already).
The group should be started by someone old enough on both sites. I think Rig would be the best choice.
Then all newgrounders join. This would probably increase exposure of Newgrounds as well.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 14:10:07

Word. I'm in.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-07 14:51:33

Awesome news everyone! She is banned from SoundCloud. Now no more danger of she steal music of us!
For me, mr-jazzman could be a Moderator on SoundCloud! (FOR HIM: You fought for the rights of xKore, and it worked! She is now BANNED!)

Who agree that SoundCloud need moderators like in NG?

I'm offline now. Chat with others that hate Cetacea Here! Leave me a comment in my profile if you want to chat with me!

BBS Signature